Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Why would they do this...AGAIN?

Go down 
+5
mch
pebbles87
Cindyy
happy37
RachIP
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RachIP

RachIP

Why would they do this...AGAIN? Empty
PostSubject: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:23 am

I'm sure this topic has already been discussed to death, but I didn't get my fill...couldn't make the chat work and missed everyone! Real time doesn't work well for me... Wink Soooo, just wanted to get some "misery loves company" thing going on here...

Who is completely floored that a) Matt's main song got CUT!! WTH?? and b) Kris WON??

A) TPTB messed with Matt so much throughout the season. Now granted, they also did pimp him a little at times, but it's like the damage they did just reversed all that! Come on, B3 after LGIO? I still don't buy that. And it was going really well until then. Kinda started rolling downhill after that. Now, on the last night, they're gonna cut his song, so we can see Santana play a few notes on his guitar? NOOOOOOO!! I was so looking forward to tonight, to seeing him shine one more time on that stage. Those idiot producers really let me down.

B) Kris won? Now I don't have anything especially for OR against Kris...except that I think he somehow managed to steal that win from Matt. If Adam had won, I could've understood that...he's so different from Matt; if THAT is what the country chose, so be it. But if Kris can win, WHY NOT MATT? Does Kris have one iota of more talent than Matt? NO! So how did he win and Matt didn't? This is how I felt the second they announced it. Didn't expect to feel this way, but at that moment I really did wish that Adam had won. Kris is good...but winning the whole thing...it just still doesn't resonate with me. I can't believe it. Kris himself couldn't believe it, didn't think he deserved it.

Sorry to still be bitter, but tonight's result brought back my feelings of the night Matt was eliminated. Just ripped open a wound a little bit. I'm sure there's a good reason in the big picture why Matt didn't win ~ and someday I hope I'll look back at this and realize that he was better off for NOT winning, but right now, in this moment, I just really wish it had been him in that spotlight, where he DESERVES to be.
Back to top Go down
happy37

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:13 am

I agree with everything except the Kris part. I am glad Kris won.

Matt should have done Smooth with Santana by himself. That would have not hurt anything. At least there is a reason why Scott did not do his. Aparently Billy Joel couldn't come. Matt, they just cut. Stupid, I say.
Back to top Go down
RachIP

RachIP

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:52 am

Wow, I was wondering about Scott too. I thought that maybe he & Matt were supposed to duel together or something like that b/c Matt had said he was going to do something that had never been done on Idol before (when I remember this tweet, and how excited he sounded, I'm even more sad). So Billy Joel couldn't come so Scott got nothing; and Matt they just chopped for no good reason?? What are they thinking over there?

Simply rude. It's just mean to mess with these kids' heads like this. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm missing something, but it just seems like a horrible thing to do to cut his song out at the last minute. And you're right, he could've sung Smooth by himself and it would've been AWESOME!! Such a sad waste, not to display his beautiful talent, the last time they had the chance.
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:05 am

Simply, the producers suck.

They'll be kicking themselves when Matt is way successful on tour and beyond. (:
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:12 pm

RachIP wrote:
I'm sure this topic has already been discussed to death, but I didn't get my fill...couldn't make the chat work and missed everyone! Real time doesn't work well for me... Wink Soooo, just wanted to get some "misery loves company" thing going on here...

Who is completely floored that a) Matt's main song got CUT!! WTH?? and b) Kris WON??

A) TPTB messed with Matt so much throughout the season. Now granted, they also did pimp him a little at times, but it's like the damage they did just reversed all that! Come on, B3 after LGIO? I still don't buy that. And it was going really well until then. Kinda started rolling downhill after that. Now, on the last night, they're gonna cut his song, so we can see Santana play a few notes on his guitar? NOOOOOOO!! I was so looking forward to tonight, to seeing him shine one more time on that stage. Those idiot producers really let me down.

B) Kris won? Now I don't have anything especially for OR against Kris...except that I think he somehow managed to steal that win from Matt. If Adam had won, I could've understood that...he's so different from Matt; if THAT is what the country chose, so be it. But if Kris can win, WHY NOT MATT? Does Kris have one iota of more talent than Matt? NO! So how did he win and Matt didn't? This is how I felt the second they announced it. Didn't expect to feel this way, but at that moment I really did wish that Adam had won. Kris is good...but winning the whole thing...it just still doesn't resonate with me. I can't believe it. Kris himself couldn't believe it, didn't think he deserved it.

Sorry to still be bitter, but tonight's result brought back my feelings of the night Matt was eliminated. Just ripped open a wound a little bit. I'm sure there's a good reason in the big picture why Matt didn't win ~ and someday I hope I'll look back at this and realize that he was better off for NOT winning, but right now, in this moment, I just really wish it had been him in that spotlight, where he DESERVES to be.

this is what gets me about this season... it's like the producers were bipolar with Matt... i wish they would have figured it out! You either like a contestant or you don't, it's a simple as that! I think if they would have picked how they felt about him and stuck to it, he would have been able to better in the competition, he wouldn't have had to think about it.... and the Kris winning thing, don't get me started... homeboy can't really sing and won American Idol... I'm sooo trying out next year and just turning every song into "artistry" watch out girls, I'm gonna be HUGE! lol
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:22 pm

pebbles87 wrote:

this is what gets me about this season... it's like the producers were bipolar with Matt... i wish they would have figured it out! You either like a contestant or you don't, it's a simple as that! I think if they would have picked how they felt about him and stuck to it, he would have been able to better in the competition, he wouldn't have had to think about it.... and the Kris winning thing, don't get me started... homeboy can't really sing and won American Idol... I'm sooo trying out next year and just turning every song into "artistry" watch out girls, I'm gonna be HUGE! lol

All you have to do is kind of learn to play an instrument. You don't even have to play it very well or sing very well. If you can play an instrument you'll be called an artist and everyone will love you.

You know what my main problem with Kris is? He's fake health food that's marketed to people that want to feel good about eating healthy but don't want to have to think about it too much. You know like that salad at McDonalds that has more calories then the Big Mac. Most people will just eat it without thinking or even looking into it, because the idea that they are eating a salad makes them think they are eating healthy even though they really aren't. Kris is a pretty boy. Most people feel guilty about liking a pretty celebrity just because they are pretty. It's not considered cool anymore to drool over the Backstreet Boys. Kris's instrument playing = fake healthy McDonald's salad. It's so easy to be a fan of the pretty boy completely guilt free when they play an instrument because supposedly that makes them an artist. This is one trend in the music business that's been bugging the hell out of me lately. Way too many bland pretty people with zero substance that learn to play an instrument just so they can call themselves an artist. Why does it not surprise me in the slightest that the general AI audience fell for one of them? It took AI eight seasons to finally get people to crown a pretty boy as the winner, and all it needed was the fake outside appearance of an artist to make people do it. I really don't care as much as I thought I would that The Bland One won. American Idol deserves TBO. The AI audience that shunned the true artist for a fake artist substitute deserves TBO. Yeah, it's not fair that substance doesn't win out in the end. But Matt is so much better than that cheesy title or show.
Back to top Go down
whoslovinyou

whoslovinyou

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:07 pm

i was furious last night about the dismissal of matt by the producers, but today ive settled down and thought to myself, honestly who remembers what people sing at the finale? they more or less remember what place you came in throughout the season.
people will remember matt by coming in 5th, georgia, jazz- my funny valentine, his humor, AND THE LEGENDARY SAVE!!!
it sucks about the finale, trust me, i agree wholeheartedly, but ive realized that in the grand scheme of things, producers did not just sit down to watch the finale to make their decisions about these contestants. theyve been making judgements all season long, and therefore, i am very confident that they probably were surprised matt didnt have more air time, but that didnt mean they did not see any less value in him as an artist.

also, i dont know if this has already been mentioned, but matts twitter today said he was bummed earlier but hes doing better now about not performing in the finale. so hes on the upswing guys!!!

and on another note- scott revealed who he was supposed to do a duet with- billy- but MATTS TWITTER EARLIER THIS WEEK STILL SAID HE WAS GOING TO DO A DUET- then suddenly a day before or so it was gone and he was all sad- im thinking this was a cancellation about a day before the finale, but matt doesnt want to reveal who his duet was supposed to be with out of respect to that musician. thats just the way he is! very gentlemanly. scott prob didnt think it was a big deal to reveal it was billy joel since it was a last minute cancellation, but maybe whoever backed out of matts duet last minute had a bigger conflict with being on the show. since matt was the only one cancelled on at that point (scott still had billy up until right before the show)- they said ok matt can get a solo in teh santana song. that was probably the best they could do for him at that point. thats my theory at least!!
Back to top Go down
RachIP

RachIP

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:22 pm

whoslovinyou wrote:

and on another note- scott revealed who he was supposed to do a duet with- billy- but MATTS TWITTER EARLIER THIS WEEK STILL SAID HE WAS GOING TO DO A DUET- then suddenly a day before or so it was gone and he was all sad- im thinking this was a cancellation about a day before the finale, but matt doesnt want to reveal who his duet was supposed to be with out of respect to that musician. thats just the way he is! very gentlemanly. scott prob didnt think it was a big deal to reveal it was billy joel since it was a last minute cancellation, but maybe whoever backed out of matts duet last minute had a bigger conflict with being on the show. since matt was the only one cancelled on at that point (scott still had billy up until right before the show)- they said ok matt can get a solo in teh santana song. that was probably the best they could do for him at that point. thats my theory at least!!

Your theory could be true, I suppose. It seems to me that his celeb duet probably cancelled the day of, because as of the night before via Twitter, he still sounded pumped for the next day...with no hint of disappointment...I got the impression that maybe he was going to play with Scott & Billy Joel...or maybe he had a different celeb for just him? Could be, b/c he had said "duet", but that could've meant that he had a part in the song where it was just him & Billy. I'm so sad it didn't work out, but maybe it was indeed the fault of the celeb more than that of the producers, who felt bad and offered him the spot on the Santana piece as a consolation...I still think he ought to have had the whole Smooth song!! That would've been a much better consolation, and how AWESOME would that have been!! OH, I get sad again thinking about what might have been...I'll just have to get happy thinking about what WILL BE!
Back to top Go down
sara3320

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:12 am

Did you guys see this over at MJsBlog? :

"Scott MacIntyre was set to duet with Billy Joel on Wednesday’s Idol finale until Joel dropped out at the last minute. There wasn’t time to arrange another duet. Matt Giraud and Anoop Desai who both finished higher were sadly duet free. No fair! Matt was bummed, but is getting over it, “I was down before about not singing much in the Finale but cool now.” "

NOT FAIR! does this mean he never had a duet to begin with? I'm confused!
Back to top Go down
RachIP

RachIP

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:00 am

sara3320 wrote:

"Scott MacIntyre was set to duet with Billy Joel on Wednesday’s Idol finale until Joel dropped out at the last minute. There wasn’t time to arrange another duet. Matt Giraud and Anoop Desai who both finished higher were sadly duet free. No fair! Matt was bummed, but is getting over it, “I was down before about not singing much in the Finale but cool now.” "

Yeah, I'm really confused too. For one, Anoop did have a duet...he sang with Jason Mraz & Alexis Grace, remember? For two, we know that Matt did, in fact, have something lined up, because he tweeted specifically about a duet earlier on. So was Matt supposed to be singing with Billy Joel also? If so, why is that not being said? I just want to know the truth of what went on, why it ended up like it did. The news is coming in for why Scott didn't do anything, so why not for Matt? Grrrrrr...
Back to top Go down
whoslovinyou

whoslovinyou

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:05 am

RachIP wrote:
sara3320 wrote:

Yeah, I'm really confused too. For one, Anoop did have a duet...he sang with Jason Mraz & Alexis Grace, remember? For two, we know that Matt did, in fact, have something lined up, because he tweeted specifically about a duet earlier on. So was Matt supposed to be singing with Billy Joel also? If so, why is that not being said? I just want to know the truth of what went on, why it ended up like it did. The news is coming in for why Scott didn't do anything, so why not for Matt? Grrrrrr...

i dont think mj knows what shes talking about on this one, sorry. theres no way she can know this. and exactly, anoop definitely did have a semi-duet.
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:18 am

Matt twittered he got to do his duet last night! Here is my article:
http://www.waltonsun.com/news/week-3146-idol-wins.html

Someone wrote that Billy Joel couldn't have performed with Matt and Scott because he was performing in Michigan with Elton John at the same time! I bet they were all to perform together - maybe satelitte and for some reason it was cancelled. So, last night he got to do it but no cameras. I wonder if it was recorded?
Back to top Go down
whoslovinyou

whoslovinyou

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:26 am

youre right!!
this is his twitter
MGiraudOfficial
Following
Larry King 2mor AND did my own celebrity duet tonight. Just me, them and the piano. No cameras..just an few unforgettable moments. Much love

who is "THEM"??? blahhhh tell ussss matttt
Back to top Go down
RachIP

RachIP

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:38 am

whoslovinyou wrote:
youre right!!
this is his twitter
MGiraudOfficial
Following
Larry King 2mor AND did my own celebrity duet tonight. Just me, them and the piano. No cameras..just an few unforgettable moments. Much love

who is "THEM"??? blahhhh tell ussss matttt

My sentiments exactly! "Them" doesn't suggest Billy Joel to me...if it were, why would he say "them" instead of "him"? Maybe it's none of my business and I should just let it lie, but I'd really like to have this mystery cleared up as to why he didn't sing more, , who is was supposed to sing with, and who is to blame for his performance getting cut.
Back to top Go down
RachIP

RachIP

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:41 am

2kids3dogs wrote:
Matt twittered he got to do his duet last night! Here is my article:
http://www.waltonsun.com/news/week-3146-idol-wins.html

Someone wrote that Billy Joel couldn't have performed with Matt and Scott because he was performing in Michigan with Elton John at the same time! I bet they were all to perform together - maybe satelitte and for some reason it was cancelled. So, last night he got to do it but no cameras. I wonder if it was recorded?

Hey 2kids! I just put 2 & 2 together and figured out that you're the one writing all those great articles for the Walton Sun! Duh..I'm a little slow. Anyway, thanks for all the great things you wrote about Matt. I wish we could just find out for sure what the whole deal was, and why he didn't sing more, who he got to sing with last night, etc. Maybe I'm being a nosy fan and should just mind my own beeswax, but I was so disappointed to not have gotten a bigger performance from him Wed night...I just want to know why we were gypped!
Back to top Go down
smk1379

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:44 am

OVER AT MJ'S

Scott MacIntyre And Matt Giraud: Dueling Piano Number Cut From Finale

American Idol fans were left scratching their heads wondering why 10th and 9th place finishers Michael Sarver and Megan Joy got a high-profile duet with Steve Martin while other Idols, like 8th place Scott MacIntyre and 5th place Matt Giraud got nada…

A ticked-off Scott explains in a recent Myspace blog post that he and Matt were set to play dueling pianos with Billy Joel, but when Joel backed out, the producers cut the number. As a make-up, Ken Warwick promised Scott to have him on the show next season.

Now, if somebody could explain what happened to Anoop Desai’s duet, we’ll be all set!

Scott’s blog post:

There has been one largely unspoken question on the minds of piano fans everywhere this season of American Idol: will the two pianists play together??? Well, what better time to showcase Scott MacIntyre and Matt G. in a fierce battle of the keys than during the American Idol Season 8 Finale!

That’s right… We had two gorgeous grand pianos facing each other on stage, the piano curves fit together like shoes in a shoebox, and close-up camera shots of our fingers and faces were displayed on three huge jumbotrons at the front of the 7,000 seat Nokia Theatre as we sang in turn through Billy Joel’s “Tell Her About It” and dueled it out in a tear-it-up piano solo section. According to some of the producers who witnessed our rehearsal, it was the most exciting and memorable number of the entire Finale show. I have the original Finale flow sheet right here showing the piano duel immediately after Kris Allen and Keith Urban.

We got to the Nokia Theatre on Wednesday morning (show day) and out of the blue about 9:30am found out the duet had been cut and the decision was final. Needless to say, I was shocked. American Idol had originally invited Billy Joel himself to perform with us, but he was unable to make it in the end; and because our duet was the only duet not involving another celebrity, it was the first thing to be cut when the show was condensed. Over the last few days I have tried to reason this out every way possible, and it makes no sense to me why one of the most compelling and unique performances of the show would be cut simply because the original artist wasn’t present. (Perhaps Tatiana and Bikini Girl were more important after all… Razz) There will most likely not be another set of competent pianists on the show anytime soon, and this would have been an opportunity to make American Idol history.

My email inbox has been flooded with questions from dear fans around the world such as “Why didn’t you perform a duet after finishing in 8th place?” “Why were you the only Top 13 performer who didn’t have solos in any of the group numbers?” “Why were you mostly in the background on stage?” and even “Why were you discriminated against as a visually impaired performer?” I appreciate hearing everything you all have to say through your emails, MySpace comments, Twitter posts, AI.com forum posts, etc, and I completely agree with many of your sentiments. All I can say is that I share your frustration and am as disappointed as you are that I wasn’t featured during the Finale. I honestly just mustered up a smile and danced my way through the show… I realize life isn’t fair, and with 30 million viewers tuning in, it definitely seems like a lost opportunity. But I believe God is bigger than all of this and has a plan for my life reaching far beyond the circumstances of today. I have dealt with these kinds of situations before and know that everything happens for a reason and in time I very well may look back on this and finally realize it was for the best and that something better was waiting just around the corner.

On that note, American Idol’s Ken Warwick promised me several times that he would make it up to me by having me back to perform next season. I know it’s not always easy to hold a top Hollywood TV executive to his word, but Ken is the most talented and warm-hearted producer I’ve ever worked with, and I’d really like to believe he will come through on that promise… I would love to perform an original song on the show from my upcoming Fall CD. Time will tell.

Many of you have asked where you can voice your opinions and frustrations. You can write to:

CBS Television City
American Idol
Attn: Ken Warwick
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90036
USA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why would they do this...AGAIN?   Why would they do this...AGAIN? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why would they do this...AGAIN?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Basket-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com