HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

"Thank You" on the charts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:07 am

Today there was a bunch of good news: we went into triple-digit spin counts; the song is up 4 spins from yesterday; it is playing on one more station than the past few days; and, the week-over-week increase in spins (the difference between last week's spin count and this week's) is up from the past few days.

With all this good news, the song is much farther from hitting #22, which is back to Lady Antebellum and a 35 spin separation. Nothing against Melissa Etheridge, but I liked that her song was dropping, and yesterday it apparently had a really good day. There were 24 spins separating Matt from Melissa yesterday, and now it is 60 spins. Unless things change, Matt will not be able to pass Lady Antebellum. They were separated by 8 spins a week ago, and now it's 35 spins. So we are going to be at #23 for a while until someone above him starts dropping or goes recurrent and gets removed. Luckily, he does not have anyone below him that could pass him over the next week or so.

Keep requesting! We desperately need the song to get played on more stations now so it can grow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:06 am

Today's update is pretty flat. Up one spin, and now 39 spins from #22, 59 spins from #21, and 74 spins from #20. The gap between higher-ranked songs is growing. Meanwhile, Daughtry is 15 spins away at #24, so not going to pass Matt soon, but also getting closer.

The one very positive thing today is that 23 stations have played the song this week, a new record (!) and up two stations from yesterday. If they keep playing it, we ought to see some growth in spin count.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:02 am

Nice increase of 5 spins today, and the highest week-over-week increase in 5 days! Now he has reduced the gap to #22 to 35 spins and increased the gap with #24 to 18 spins. The songs at 19-21 all switched order. #21 is 74 spins away, #20 is 79 spins away, and Melissa Etheridge who was just 24 spins away from Matt a few days ago is now #19 and 94 spins away. There were also a lot of songs changing positions in the #8-17 positions, which hasn't really been happening. So maybe some of the songs above will start dropping?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:54 am

Keep requesting!!! Matt lost a couple spins and Daughtry had a great day, so now only 9 spins separate them. Also, there is now a gap of 41 spins to #22, and a gap of 84 spins to #20. There are also songs ranked #34 and #36 that have some momentum and are moving up quickly. It may be very hard to stay at #23 this week. This is probably the chart position for the week, but in the afternoon the chart will be updated to remove songs that have gone recurrent. I'll post an update if anything above Matt goes recurrent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:46 am

Slightly weaker chart position today. The song is still at #23 with the same number of spins, but now it is just 1 spin ahead of Daughtry and will likely drop to #24 tomorrow. Also, it's now 45 spins from #22, and 89 spins from #20.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:01 am

Looks like we have to request harder! Please look in the radio request threads and post about your efforts and stations that you feel we need to focus on! Thanks! I hope we can reach top 20!

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Two late afternoon additions:

* Matt did really well with radio adds today, with three adds all over the country (Wichita, Providence and Chattanooga). Daughtry did not get any adds for "September". I have hopes that even if Daughtry passes Matt that Matt could regain his position. On the other hand, new songs by Seal and Santana got 7 adds and are going to zoom up the chart. I hope it takes a week or two.
* On this week's Brian Rushfield of USA Today Idol Airplay chart, "Thank You" has moved up to #65 from #67 last week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:33 am

Yay! The song is up 5 spins, and now it's 2 spins ahead of Daughtry. He's 52 spins away from #22 (Lady Antebellum) and 87 spins from #20. Lady Antebellum got 5 adds yesterday, so I expect the song to keep moving up. This week's challenge is to stay ahead of Daughtry and keep increasing in spins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindy To

PostSubject: Requests   Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:31 am

I've been going back and forth with Magic 98.3 in NJ, (with Debbie Mazzola) and 1st she said she couldn't play it because Jim Brickman didn't have a release date. Then, after I replied to her that it was being played on other stations and is currently on Itunes, she said that she checked the mediabase and the other stations that they keep tabs on 95.5 and others aren't playing it either. She said they can't play it unitl
it gets more exposure and more familiar to the audience. Although, how does it become more familiar with the audience if they don't plaly it
right?! She said it was a good song though! UGH. Very aggravating. Maybe if some of you requested it there and 95.5 WPLJ(NY),Lite FM(NY),Fresh, and B101 in Philly, maybe they will start playing it in these states.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:09 am

Yeah Cindy that is the catch! But he has received spins so there is hope. Sometimes it takes a while for a song to catch on! We just have to keep requesting! He could even move down on charts and then as he gets more radio station adds move back up.

I am going to add your post to the radio station section on the forum when I get home today so its there too! Tanks for sharing this with us Smile

Back to top Go down
cindyto

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks Jenna. I am cindytomarchio on twitter. I thought I was a member on here, but it's showing me as a guest. Great new
pics of Matt on the page. Makes him look heavenly!:-)
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:07 pm

cindyto wrote:
Thanks Jenna. I am cindytomarchio on twitter. I thought I was a member on here, but it's showing me as a guest. Great new
pics of Matt on the page. Makes him look heavenly!:-)

Hi cindy! We have a cindyt registered. Is that you? I made the so small thread and radio request threads open for members and non members to post in. If you want to post with your member status you have to log in. There is a log in link at the top under the new pretty banner! If you don't log in you can still post but have to put in a user name. Hope I am explaining this well? LOL he does look heavenly doesn't he? Glad to have you posting here... so welcome! cheers

Oh I put your name on the post in the radio thread.

Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:01 am

Now 3 spins separate "Thank You" from Daughtry, so I hope he can continue increasing the gap. The song is 67 spins away from #22, and 95 spins from #20. One piece of really good news is that 25 stations have played the song this week, up 2 from yesterday and a new record.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:01 am

Another solid update! The song is up 4 spins, and 5 spins ahead of Daughtry now. Even better is that this week it has played on a record 26 stations, up a station from yesterday's record! The rest of the competition still looks tough, but the song made a dent in closing that gap too. #22 is 64 spins away, and #20 is 78 spins away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:13 am

Today's update is the strongest we've seen in a while!!! The song's up 9 spins, with another record for number of stations at 27, and it is 9 spins ahead of Daughtry. #22 is again Melissa Etheridge at 64 spins away, and "Thank You" is 77 spins from #20. The growth in stations is really important because each station tends to play the song more and more once it starts playing it, so this is the best way for the spin count to grow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:02 am

"Thank You" is up 3 spins today, and the song is the closest it's ever been to moving up from here. #22 (Melissa Etheridge) has dropped to just 15 spins away, #20 (Train) is 73 spins away, and #23 (Daughtry) is 7 spins below.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:06 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#22!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The song is up 7 spins today. It's 10 spins ahead of Daughtry, 64 spins from #21 (Lady Antebellum), and 73 spins from #20 (Train). The next song I expect to be able to pass is Pink, currently at #19 and 93 spins ahead, but dropping. This week, he will have to defend #22 from Daughtry, newcomer Seal at #25 and growing fast, and also Melissa Etheridge who may regain momentum again. But as long as the song continues to grow in spins, even if it loses position, we are well on our way to Top 20! It has been a fantastic week!

This is probably the chart position for the week, but if someone above goes recurrent and is removed, I will post an update.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Csprof- I just wanted to say thank you (no pun intended) for looking this up and analyzing it every day! I know it takes up a lot of your time. I look forward to your post every day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:15 pm

sgr91,

You're very welcome! It really only takes a few minutes every morning. And it is fun for me because things are going so well.

In case it wasn't obvious with 6 smiley faces and large numbers of exclamation points, I am really excited by the strong updates on Friday and today. I think a bunch of things are working: Jim promoted a bunch this week, some of the people here have been having some success with the radio stations lately, and it goes without saying that once the radio listeners, DJs and program directors hear Matt's voice, they want to keep hearing it.

The most significant thing I think about this week was that 4 more stations started playing the song, and we will have to keep identifying new stations over the next couple of weeks to maintain this growth. So everyone, please keep requesting! We are getting some feedback that the requests are making a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:07 am

Looking good! The song is up 6 spins, 8 spins ahead of Daughtry, 61 spins away from #21, and 72 spins from #20. The week-over-week spin increase is the highest its been in well over 2 weeks, and the song is getting a record 5.3 spins per station. This week's challenge is to keep growing in spins, and pick up a few new stations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:00 am

Sad Down a spin and passed by Daughtry... #20 is closer than ever at 69 spins away. Keep requesting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:09 am

Still at #23, and now #22 (Daughtry) is 6 spins ahead. I don't think he'll be able to pass Daughtry so will need to just keep growing in spins and pass other songs on their way down. Seal at #24 and Mike Posner at #25 are growing real fast, and will probably pass "Thank You" in the next couple weeks too. We should not get discouraged about chart position as long as the song continues to grow in spins. With Matt out on a radio tour this week, I think he should have another strong week.

The good news today is that "Thank You" had a solid increase of 6 spins and is just 62 spins from #20, the closest ever. It is also at the highest ever spins per station.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:12 am

"Thank You" is up two spins and hanging in there at #23, where it will probably be on Sunday's chart. Today he is 65 spins from #20. Daughtry has gained a lot of spins and now is 19 spins ahead and will stay ahead from now on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:34 am

csprof....I love your morning posts!

LOL, I kind of feel like I'm listening to someone covering a horse race where I have a large bet on a horse named Matt Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:39 am

LOL! Laughing

Darn, and that horse Daughtry's sprinting and doing the TV rounds.

Hopefully Matt and Jim keep pushing the song on radio in the next weeks! And others fall back....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   

Back to top Go down

"Thank You" on the charts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt There is Nothing Small About You!-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum