Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

"Thank You" on the charts

Go down 
+8
pasnthru
sgr91
mattyfan
cranberry
Jenna
Lisa_M
hazuki
csprof
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
MaryM

MaryM

"Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:03 pm

I received another "I'll see what I can do" email response from Kristin Burns at 100.3 just now...I will take this as a good sign that she did respond. Cool

I think when they actually do play the song, I am going to go into shock and not be able to enjoy it, haha! affraid
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:26 pm

LOL Mary they are probably thinking "if she wants to hear the song so badly why doesn't she just buy it"?
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
MaryM

MaryM

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:40 pm

haha! You are probably right Jenna! geek
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:16 am

"Thank You" is down another 3 spins although still at #23. #24 is 12 spins away, Seal is 36 spins away, and #20 is 109 spins away.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:30 am

"Thank You" bounced up 4 spins and ends the week with a positive bullet. Whew! Mike Posner at #24 and Katy Perry at #25 are closing in, 11 and 13 spins away. Seal is 37 spins above and #20 is 114 spins above. I believe #23 is the chart position for the week again since I think it will be two more weeks before anything above goes recurrent.

I have seen this sort of flattening and dropping by some other songs above "Thank You" before, and they have rebounded and started going up again. The real question is whether more stations will start playing "Thank You".
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:28 am

It is really nice to see "Thank You" up by 7 spins today! It showed strong increases on both weekend days, which is a little unusual. It is 13 and 19 spins ahead of #24 and #25, 30 spins from #22, and 111 spins behind #20. The spins per station per week is at 6.5, its highest number so far.

Last week a number of stations increased their plays of "Thank You", which is why it was up for the week, but some dropped spins, and we don't appear to have gained any new stations. Although we discovered Knoxville last week, it has its playlist going back for weeks and it has been playing the song for a while. There was also no net increase of spins from the stations that added on Monday since they were already playing the song.

Now we need to request the song to gain or at least keep up the current spins at these stations until we can get new stations playing the song. Here's a quick summary with this week and last week's spins in parenthesis:

*** Up in spins:
Columbia, SC WTCB (16/15); Grand Rapids, MI WLHT (14/13); Toledo, OH WRVF (11/10); Hartford, CT WRCH (10/7); Providence, RI WWLI (10/7); Lansing, MI WFMK (9/8 ); Milwaukee, WI WLDB (5/4); Monterey-Salinas KWAV (4/2); Huntsville, AL WRSA (4/3)

*** Down in spins:
Newburgh, NY WHUD (4/7); Denver, CO KOSI (3/5); Worcester, MA WSRS (10/12); Lafayette, LA KTDY (16/17); Shreveport, LA KVKI (8/9) ; Portsmouth, NH WZID (1/2)

*** Same spin count:
Springfield, MA WMAS (11); Chattanooga, TN WDEF (8 ); Pittsburgh, PA WSHH (6); Jackson, MS (3); Wichita, KS KRBB (1)
Back to top Go down
MaryM

MaryM

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:28 am

Happy to see that some stations are playing it more!! That is a good sign!! And still good that some stations are playing it, even if the same amount of times. Now to work on the ones that are not playing or are dropping the number of plays...

On another note, I tweeted @jaytowers this morning reminding him of how awesome Matt was on his show and that he should play the song on the air because the listeners would love it. I also replied to @100wnic because they tweeted and asked what your favorite song is right now. I of course said Thank You. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:03 am

"Thank You" is up 2 spins today. It is 16 and 18 spins above #24 and #25, respectively, and 25 spins behind Seal at #22. So, these are all improved over yesterday. It is 112 spins from #20. An exciting change today is that the number of stations spinning it went back up to 29 for the first time in about 2 weeks. It is 112 spins from #20.

Here is something interesting to watch for the week. Uncle Kracker "Smile" has been on the chart for around a year, but it has been in the Top 5 so was not eligible to go recurrent. Today for the first time the song is #6, down from #4 yesterday. If it is at #6 on Sunday, it will go recurrent this week and "Thank You" will move up.

Random other note: "Thank You" moved up to #50 this week (from #52 last week) on the USAToday Idol Airplay chart.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:51 am

"Thank You" is up two spins and continues to hold at #23. #22 is up 27 spins, and #23, which is now Katy Perry, is 13 spins away. Katy Perry's song "Teenage Dream" may be gaining momentum since she was 18 spins away yesterday. #20 is 101 spins away.

Uncle Kracker is at #5 today, but with roughly the same spin count as #6.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:55 am

"Thank You" is down 2 spins. Katy Perry is now just 8 spins behind him, and Seal is 30 spins ahead. #20 is 109 spins ahead.

Uncle Kracker looks solidly at #5 again, so we'll probably have to wait a few weeks before anyone goes recurrent.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:13 am

"Thank You" is up 3 spins. There are two pieces of really good news: (1) It is at an all time high of 30 stations playing it. Someone new played it yesterday! (2) Uncle Kracker dropped a bunch and is back at #6, so today appears to be on its way to going recurrent.
Unfortunately, Katy Perry is closing in at just 5 spins behind. Seal is 29 spins ahead, and #20 is 95 spins ahead.

As I posted in the radio requests, WLHT in Grand Rapids suddenly stopped playing the song on Monday after playing it 14 times last week. (Please request so we can get it back! http://www.wlht.com/ContactUs/tabid/506/Default.aspx) So, it is actually quite impressive that "Thank You" is managing to grow in spins in spite of losing one of the stations that was playing the song the most.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 7:05 am

"Thank You" is up 6 spins today, and has the highest week-over-week spin increase we've seen in almost 3 weeks. It is 22 spins ahead of where it was last Saturday! Unfortunately, Katy Perry is 1 spin behind, so it seems likely that she will pass "Thank You" for tomorrow's chart. Uncle Kracker bounced back up to #4 and is looking unlikely to go recurrent tomorrow. Seal is up only 23 spins, and #20 (Train) is 91 spins ahead.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:53 am

UPDATE: If you happen to have seen a report early this morning, Mediabase released an updated report at 8:30 AM that is much better!!! They found 10 more spins for "Thank You". Whew!

"Thank You" is down 3 spins today, and at #24. Sad I think this will be its chart position for the week. #25 (Mike Posner) is 34 spins below, and #23 (Katy Perry) is 16 spins above. Seal at #22 is just 24 spins above. #20 is 108 spins above.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Yay! Lifehouse at #14 went recurrent (not sure why) and we are back at #23! I'll post some updates on spins tonight or tomorrow when I have them.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:17 am

The spin count is the same as yesterday, which is actually quite good to see because last Sunday was really strong and we did not lose any ground even without the Grand Rapids spins. The song is solidly at #23, and is 41 spins above #24. The songs above "Thank You" are moving around a bunch. #22 (Katy Perry) is now 29 spins ahead, and I expect that gap to keep growing. #21 (Pink) is 43 spins ahead, down from 91 spins ahead yesterday. #20 (Seal) had a huge jump yesterday which was probably a syndicated spin, and is now 73 spins ahead.

Looking at the number of spins on the added stations, most stations stayed within one spin of last week's count, and the net gain was just 3 spins across all the added stations (even though the overall spin count was up by 15). New station Melbourne, FL WLRQ played the song just once. A few stations saw a spin increase larger than 1: Spokane KISC (13/11), Providence WWLI (12/10), Newburgh WHUD (7/4), Jackson WJKK (6/3), Huntsville WRSA (6/4). Two stations saw a decrease of 2 spins: Lafayette KTDY (14/16), Shreveport KVKI (6/8 ). And in the case of WLHT in Grand Rapids, the number of spins dropped precipitously from 14 to 4 because they stopped playing the song Monday (please request at www.wlht.com!).

An interesting and positive sign is that there are 18 spins on 6 stations that I cannot account for. I don't know who the 6 stations are, and 18 spins is almost 3 times the unknown spins I've had for the past three weeks since I have been tracking this data closely. So with any luck, there will be some adds today so we can find out who these mystery stations are.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 am

"Thank You" is down 6 spins today, and for the first time since it hit the chart, it is not showing an increase in spins for the week although still has a bullet. Pink at #22 is ahead 42 spins and dropping quickly. #24 is 39 spins below. Seal at #20 is 84 spins ahead.

A couple of things I noticed yesterday are that Knoxville has not played the song since Thursday, and Springfield, MA, which played the song 11 times last week, did not play it yesterday. Also, now the very last Grand Rapids spin has fallen off the weekly count.

Stations to contact to get them to play "Thank You" again:

Grand Rapids WLHT: jerry.noble@townsquaremedia.com
Springfield MA WMAS: rob.anthony@citcomm.com, chris.kellogg@citcomm.com
Knoxville TN WJXB: http://www.b975.com/contact
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:43 am

Sad "Thank You" is down 5 spins and has its first negative week-over-week increase of -7. It is 30 spins ahead of #24, which is now Santana, and is 48 spins behind #21 and #22. #20 is just 69 spins away.

Some good news is that Knoxville and Springfield played the song yesterday. I'm not sure why the song dropped so much again.

What's unfortunate about this recent drop is that it looks like the chart is opening up and so there is an opportunity to move up if the song can hang in there. Two songs are headed for going recurrent, but it may not be for another week. Rob Thomas "Someday" is sitting at #6 and not going up, and Adam Lambert dropped out of the Top 10. If they do not bounce back up, they will both go recurrent at the same time.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:52 am

"Thank You" is down 2 more spins. Pink at #22 is just 5 spins ahead. #24 is 28 spins behind. #20 is 93 spins ahead.

Maybe he can pass Pink, but he sure needs a boost to stay at #23.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 7:00 am

"Thank You" has recovered a little bit and is up 2 spins. It is again 28 spins ahead of #24. Pink has rebounded, and both #21 and #22 are up 45 spins. #20 is 108 spins ahead.

Please request. The song needs a boost, but it is still hanging in there. I would like to see it stay at #23 until other songs are removed because they are recurrent. It could reach its highest chart position yet. Please take a moment to request at Radio Delilah, D@RadioDelilah.com, WLHT in Grand Rapids, jerry.noble@townsquaremedia.com and your local AC stations.

Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 7:23 am

"Thank You" is up again by 1 spin, which is actually really strong because he had a huge day to replace from last week. Today it is 32 spins ahead of Santana at #24 and 45 spins behind #22. We're hanging in there, and should keep requesting. All sorts of things are happening above him on the chart -- it is opening up.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:29 am

"Thank You" is down 6 spins. It ends the week still at #23 but with a week-over-week drop of 16 spins. It is 29 spins ahead of #24 and 42 spins behind #22. I believe this is the chart position for the week.

ADDENDUM: While "Thank You" is looking weaker than it has in the past, I don't think we should count it out yet. I have only been watching this chart for 2 months, but I've seen other songs start dropping and then rally. This week, I have hopes that it will get a boost in spins because Jim's CD is coming out tomorrow. We might all want to mention that as we request this week. It will also get a boost on the chart when Adam Lambert (for sure) and Rob Thomas (probably) go recurrent in a week. Lady Gaga and Pink will go recurrent in a few weeks, and most of the Top 5 will go recurrent once Taylor Swift, Michael Buble and possibly Daughtry blast their way up there in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:14 am

"Thank You" is down one spin. It is 22 spins ahead of Josh Groban who is now #24, and 46 spins behind Pink at #22.

I'm now able to see what stations are playing him more or less. The downward trend seems to now be just a lot of stations playing the song a little bit less. The newer stations increased their spins.

*Increased number of spins:
Memphis (18/12), Shreveport (8/6), Melbourne, FL (3/1)

*Number of spins decreased by more than 1:
Grand Rapids (0/4), Springfield (8/11), Lafayette (12/14), Worcester (8/11), Columbia (15/17), Providence (10/12), Portsmouth (0/2)

Everything else either stayed the same or dropped by one spin.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:07 pm

I am very happy to see "Thank You" get two new adds from stations that are not currently playing the song, Seattle and Flint MI. I hope this means the song will gain spins this week -- I think it does!

I looked up "Beautiful World" to see where it was at this point on its time on the radio. It had 31 adds and was at #20 on Mediabase, whereas "Thank You" has 25 adds and is at #23. I think the new adds will help because the other recent adds are still growing in spins. Meanwhile, Josh Groban at #24 got 3 adds, Santana at #25 got 0 adds, and Bruno Mars at #26 got 2 adds. I think if "Thank You" can keep the spins growing even just a little bit, that it should be able to hold off #25 and #26 this week, but Josh Groban is a threat to pass "Thank You". I also think there is a chance Pink at #22 will start dropping a lot because she has a new song that is entering the chart, so there might be a chance to move ahead of her.

It should be an interesting week, and it is starting off much better than last week ended.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:57 am

"Thank You" is up 2 spins and in a slightly stronger position than yesterday as compared to the songs around it. The song is 23 spins ahead of #24 and 45 positions below #22. The number of stations has not changed, so it is likely that neither Seattle nor Flint (the new adds from yesterday) have played the song yet.

Please request in Seattle and Flint, on Radio Delilah and your local AC stations. I am crossing my fingers we'll end this week in a higher chart position!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:01 am

"Thank You" is down one spin today. It is 44 spins behind #22 and only 16 and 17 spins ahead of #24 and #25, respectively.

It appears the new stations Seattle and Flint have not played the song yet.

Last edited by csprof on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Thank You" on the charts
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt There is Nothing Small About You!-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com