Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Could we be so lucky.

Go down 
+9
pebbles87
Cindyy
sara3320
OvenMitt
livgiraud
mikkk2.0
Cacity87
mattyg93
skycheyan
13 posters
AuthorMessage
skycheyan

skycheyan

Could we be so lucky. Empty
PostSubject: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Daughtrys album came out in November the same year after idol so 6 months later.

Archies album came out in november the same year as well and was signed in June.

Matt is more talented then both of them.

Lets focus all or energy on getting him signed and touring.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:53 pm

skycheyan wrote:
Daughtrys album came out in November the same year after idol so 6 months later.

Archies album came out in november the same year as well and was signed in June.

Oh man.. I am not trying to be negative here, but I just have to warn you that the chances right now that Matt will get signed by 19 or Sony are pretty slim. If they had had some interest on Matt they would have given him his solo or duet. End of story.

The truth is Matt is a very talented guy and very humble and he is willing to pay his dues in the music business. So I am sure someone out there will give him a break. I sure hope in a year or year and a half maximum we will get a Matt CD in our hands. Until then we will have to wait. I hope he gets to open for people like Gavin, The Fray or One Republic. I hope Matt got to meet Gavin last night.

Kris, Adam, Danny and Allison will all have CD's out before Matt I guess, but I am sure Matt will get a deal regardless.

I still hope a major label like Atlantic is interested in him. Look at Jason Castro!
Matt IMO is even more talented than Jason.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:11 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
skycheyan wrote:

Oh man.. I am not trying to be negative here, but I just have to warn you that the chances right now that Matt will get signed by 19 or Sony are pretty slim. If they had had some interest on Matt they would have given him his solo or duet. End of story.

The truth is Matt is a very talented guy and very humble and he is willing to pay his dues in the music business. So I am sure someone out there will give him a break. I sure hope in a year or year and a half maximum we will get a Matt CD in our hands. Until then we will have to wait. I hope he gets to open for people like Gavin, The Fray or One Republic. I hope Matt got to meet Gavin last night.

Kris, Adam, Danny and Allison will all have CD's out before Matt I guess, but I am sure Matt will get a deal regardless.

I still hope a major label like Atlantic is interested in him. Look at Jason Castro!
Matt IMO is even more talented than Jason.

Why do you think Danny and Allison will have CD's out before Matt?

I actually think Matt has a better chance of getting a record deal before those twos - he's already made connections! We shall see, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
mikkk2.0

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Would they be getting signed after the tour? Cause like I want to already hear that Matt is gettin signed..lol. I hope it is with another record label, and not RCA, since after last night... I want his fame to be no gain for ai.

Last edited by mikkk2.0 on Thu May 21, 2009 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/home
livgiraud

livgiraud

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Cacity87 wrote:

I actually think Matt has a better chance of getting a record deal before those twos - he's already made connections! We shall see, though. Smile

Me too, Cass.

AI producers might be blind, but the rest of the world isn't. He will be just fine. Look at what he was able to do all by himself in his pre-Idol albums. Can you imagine now that he has more experience and made some important connections?

I actually want him to run away from Idol as fast as he can. Maybe i'm beeing selfish, but Matt is better off. They showed him no respect.

He is willing to pay his dues, so what's wrong with going independet if he doesn't get signed? It's tough, i know, but a lot of famous artists started that way. I just want him to make music and be happy with his work. The success will follow sunny
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Yeah...someone said that they don't think Matt has a chance of getting signed by 19E after his snub last night. THANK GOD FOR THAT!! Why in the world would he want to leave his musical career in the hands of that bumbling group of dimwits? They wouldn't even give him a decent feature performance at the finale. What the hell would they do to his career? Run it into the ground, that's what!

I think it's safe to say that Matt's seen the writing on the wall after the Idol shenanigans. Unless he has some relationship with TPTB that is far better than what we've seen, there's no way he'd WANT to sign with them, regardless of whether they want him or not.

Also, I agree with what someone else (I know, should've quoted!) said about Danny and Allison. They are no match for Matt musically (maybe Allison, but she was about as popular with fans as Matt was), and even if they churn out an album before year's end, so what? They wil probably fall victim to hasty production, lack of artistic merit, and the shadow of Kris Allen and Adam Lambert.

I would rather see Matt wait longer, find a perfect fit with a nurturing record company, and produce a quality album that fully showcases his musical gifts. Like Jason Castro and Brooke White are doing. Matt is quality and class all the way; It's just not his style to grab on to the first crappy bone that's thrown his way out of desperation. He said himself he's willing to pay his dues, and that fact alone makes me have the utmost respect and admiration for the man.
Back to top Go down
sara3320

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:44 pm

OvenMitt wrote:

I would rather see Matt wait longer, find a perfect fit with a nurturing record company, and produce a quality album that fully showcases his musical gifts. Like Jason Castro and Brooke White are doing. Matt is quality and class all the way; It's just not his style to grab on to the first crappy bone that's thrown his way out of desperation. He said himself he's willing to pay his dues, and that fact alone makes me have the utmost respect and admiration for the man.

I agree completely with this, he needs to find what really fits him as an artist, IMO not just put something out for the sake of riding the Idol wave, which could just hurt him in the end.
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Anything is possible. I do know that Matt won't be free from his contract with American Idol until August, I believe, unless 19 wants to sign him, but they might not. I kind of hope not because I know there is a better fit out there for Matt than 19. Of course if they want to sign him... Smile

I wouldn't mind waiting for an album from Matt, though. (: Something to look forward to, ya know?
and if he needs a g.designer, I'm here looking for work! Wink hehehe

I just remember when Blake Lewis was signed with 19 and Arista, he said they wanted the album out quickly (like all runner ups and winners usually end up doing--around november/december ish if not earlier) and Blake said himself that he really wanted to do more on the 1st album that he didn't have time to do. (he's working on a second, FYI hehe due out in october hehehe).

So, that Matt can make the album he will be proud of, I am willing to wait. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:48 pm

i agree with what all of you are saying... I HOPE he doesn't sign with 19E... because all the contestants who have contracts with them... their 1st albums always suck! Daughtry (i liked his 1st album, but I want this one to be more rock and not as Nickelbackish) and Carrie sold well because they were really popular... even Kelly's 1st CD didn't sell well.... they want to get those puppies out as quickly as possible to capitalize on the show's popularity and also so they can get them out before the next season's crop of contestants start appearing in January.... I'd actually like Matt to go the way of Jason Castro.... wait it out and make the album he wants to make. Someone in another thread mentioned that they heard Jason's CD is really encouraging because he's got a good team of songwriters and producers behind him... and Matt will have a better chance at this than by signing with 19E because they just want to make money, not quality....
Back to top Go down
skycheyan

skycheyan

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:50 pm

Oh I agree regarding 19. I dont want them to sign him. He deserves better then those guys.

But I do think he is very talented and will be snatched up quickly. I want him to make an album he loves.
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:29 am

Posting this in all the popular threads:

GO TO THE GD on AI Site & SIGN THE PETITION FOR A STUDIO RECORDING OF BMW!

http://myidol.americanidol.com/go/thread/view/32575/14644578/WHY_DIDNT_MATT_GET_A_SOLO&sort_order=DESC
Back to top Go down
poisnivy

poisnivy

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:26 am

crys7 wrote:
Posting this in all the popular threads:

GO TO THE GD on AI Site & SIGN THE PETITION FOR A STUDIO RECORDING OF BMW!

http://myidol.americanidol.com/go/thread/view/32575/14644578/WHY_DIDNT_MATT_GET_A_SOLO&sort_order=DESC

That's a wonderful idea.. and I'd love it.. but it'll never happen, no matter how many people sign. All the itunes are about to be taken down anyway. Trust me... I went through the petition thing last year... they don't listen.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:07 pm

I think Matt will have a good career out of this. I don't know if 19E would sign him, but I do know that getting a duet/solo performance in the Finale is no guarantee that 19 will sign you. Last year, many got their duet/solo, and yet didn't get signed by 19E! Kristy Lee Cook, who didn't get a solo/duet, WAS signed (and that album flopped). There are no guarantees. What I do know is Matt is extremely talented and has touched the hearts of MANY people, and he's willing to work his way up in the industry. And we're here to support him. =)
Back to top Go down
lymon15

lymon15

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:57 pm

livgiraud wrote:
Cacity87 wrote:

Me too, Cass.

AI producers might be blind, but the rest of the world isn't. He will be just fine. Look at what he was able to do all by himself in his pre-Idol albums. Can you imagine now that he has more experience and made some important connections?

I actually want him to run away from Idol as fast as he can. Maybe i'm beeing selfish, but Matt is better off. They showed him no respect.

He is willing to pay his dues, so what's wrong with going independet if he doesn't get signed? It's tough, i know, but a lot of famous artists started that way. I just want him to make music and be happy with his work. The success will follow sunny
i agree completely!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could we be so lucky.   Could we be so lucky. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could we be so lucky.
Page 1 of 1