HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:14 pm

I really want to believe it's coming soon....album...full-length...tour! This photo session is VERY encouraging. But I want it to be HUGE!!! A major big deal. Ok, I better temper my expectations. Neutral Matt, surprise us!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:00 pm

I'll try to listen to mattyfan, and not jump to conclusions, even though I want to.

I did some more research into the subjects of the photographer's pictures. The majority of the subjects he posted on his website were independent, unsigned artists. There were also a lot of Christian artists, some of which were signed to a couple of Christian music studios. Then there was the group from Tooth and Nail Records which is an indie studio, and Skillet from Atlantic Records. I could not find all the artists because some have pretty common names. In most cases, it appears the artist was the client, but in the cases noted yesterday, the photographs were commissioned by the studio.

The same photographs posted on the photographer's website were on the artists' CD covers, myspace pages and press pictures. Probably also tour posters. So I would say that the photographer creates the image associated with an artist that is used to sell their music or them.

As funnymonkie says, we know from past experience we will not hear anything from Matt until the pictures are released, so we'll just have to wait. Hopefully, we won't have to wait very long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunnyMonkie

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:13 pm

MAYBBBBEEE its for his website!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.twitter.com/_funnymonkie
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:27 pm

You guys may have noticed from the livecast Matt mentioning "Miss You Tonight" as probably being his 1st single. (But he doesn't seem fully convinced. Can't blame him as he has so many good ones to choose from!) Could he be building up to an announcement soon?? His FB fanpage has asked people what their favorite song of his is a couple of times in the last weeks. So those photos may really be for his album/EP and single launch! It seems the only thing that makes sense right now.

Oh, another thought I had. It could be photos for his Yamaha website feature. ??

Who else is dying for a tour and album? Ooops, that's another topic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Well his manager said they are not sure what type of CD they are releasing yet...full length, EP, or Live studio DVD (whatever that means?) I could be wrong but to me it didn't seem like they have any plans to release something in the immediate future.

He said something about having some shows with Anoop...maybe but didn't seem like all the details were ironed out yet. He also said something about Christmas shows but I'm not sure if those are the Anoop shows or solo ones because the conversation was all jumbled and scattered. Personally I prefer X-mas shows with just Matt! Holley suggested that maybe Matt would be performing at some of Jim Brickman's Christmas shows which would be much better exposure for him than X-mas shows with Anoop but that's just my opinion.

I hope we get some news soon about something! And yes Mattyfan he didn't seem 100% positive that I Miss You Tonight will be his next single! He said something like there are so many songs to choose from and that it is difficult to decide.

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Well his manager said they are not sure what type of CD they are releasing yet...full length, EP, or Live studio DVD (whatever that means?) I could be wrong but to me it didn't seem like they have any plans to release something in the immediate future. Oh the manager did say IF they are releasing it on their own that it would either be the DVD or EP. So sounds like Matt is still looking to get label interest and damnit he deserves a label!

He said something about having some shows with Anoop...maybe but didn't seem like all the details were ironed out yet. He also said something about Christmas shows but I'm not sure if those are the Anoop shows or solo ones because the conversation was all jumbled and scattered. Personally I prefer X-mas shows with just Matt! Holley suggested that maybe Matt would be performing at some of Jim Brickman's Christmas shows which would be much better exposure for him than X-mas shows with Anoop but that's just my opinion.

I hope we get some news soon about something! And yes Mattyfan he didn't seem 100% positive that I Miss You Tonight will be his next single! He said something like there are so many songs to choose from and that it is difficult to decide.

Back to top Go down
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:32 pm

It feels like limbo again. confused Ok , need to go back to being hopeful. It will all happen at the right time, right? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:37 pm

I think the studio DVD may refer to the thing he recorded recently at River City Studios. In the absence of a label deal, that might not be a bad idea because it is better than just audio and would not preclude a later deal with a label. Is that what he means by "upcoming exciting things"?

Well, bummer that it sounds like nothing has changed.

I did want to comment that I think he was experimenting a lot with this concert based on what he has said in recent interviews, and I got the impression he was testing the waters for a broader tour. He said in yesterday's article that it was his first headlining concert outside Western Michigan, and in last week's article, that a successful tour was one where he could attract 400-600 people (the size of last night's venue). He also promoted this concert to death in an attempt to fill the place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:50 pm

That's a good perspective you have on the dvd, csprof. The River City Studios show came to my mind too at the mention of a live studio.

Has anyone seen Anoop's interview (or is it vlog?) from yesterday? I haven't gotten around to it but it said he talks about shows with Matt. I don't quite know what to think about that possibility yet. Of course I'd rather Matt tours/opens for someone more established. (How about Colbie Caillat?! Didn't they become friends after Idol?) But it seems such deals are extremely difficult to get.

I think Matt's manager needs to get him some gigs outside of Michigan. L.A., NY, Nashville perhaps? He needs to get out there too while all these things are happening. They don't have to be anything huge, just part of "paying the dues". Ok, maybe I'm getting really desperate to see him perform live, lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:09 pm

csprof wrote:
I did want to comment that I think he was experimenting a lot with this concert based on what he has said in recent interviews, and I got the impression he was testing the waters for a broader tour. He said in yesterday's article that it was his first headlining concert outside Western Michigan, and in last week's article, that a successful tour was one where he could attract 400-600 people (the size of last night's venue). He also promoted this concert to death in an attempt to fill the place.

I love the sound of that! Fingers crossed and hopes up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Anoop confirms that they are still in talks for Matt & Anoop shows...

http://anoopdesai.com/blog/title/ustream-from-backyard

at 7:49

Sorry mattyfan! Didn't mean to make you sad!

I'm also assuming CSprof that the DVD will come from RiverCity project. The manager seemed really excited about releasing a DVD rather than a CD. We were like..."but we want studio recordings" and he reasurred us that the DVD is a studio recording and that it was shot in HD quality and is really amazing!

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:47 pm

I'd say there was probably about 250-350 people there but I'm not great at judging crowds! I think this is a very respectable crowd considering he is an unsigned artist with no product out! I truly believe Matt's success will come from live shows rather than CD's because he is an amazing performer. It might take a while but if he gets out there and does it his buzz will grow as well as his audience! Everyone I have introduced to Matt's music loves it and thinks he is extremely talented and they have only heard contraband! Imagine if they saw him live! Remember how many people he impressed and won over during American Idol tour? I am positive Matt will be very successful for a very long time! Isn't it amazing to watch from the beginning?

Mattyfan I agree he should open for an already established artist with a fanbase. While the American Idol fans would love a Matt and Anoop tour IMO it won't garner him many new fans. They will be pulling from the same fanbase. I really kind of wish he would start moving away from American Idol a bit. Like for instance maybe he could start singing less of his Idol songs at his shows! He left so many of his amazing songs out of the show last night... like I'll Hold On To You, Motel, I'll Always Remember You, Whatever It Takes, and Gimme A Break. I understand why he does it but he is IMO way beyond American Idol and a Genuine artist now! I guess I just want everyone to hear his amazing music and how much he has grown as a performer, singer, and musician! Does that make sense? I'm not suggesting he divorce Idol or anything but I want to hear people referring him as a singer/songwriter/musician/artist and not a former American Idol contestant cause he is so much more than that! But i guess if it's just one or two Manoop shows then it won't be that big of a deal and could be fun!

Back to top Go down
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:35 pm

who is Matt's new manager? I thought he's still with 19M?
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:39 pm

No worries at all, Jenna! It's all part of being a Matt fan...the roller coaster ride! Aren't we expert riders by now?! LOL!

I agree with you re. the Manoop shows. One or two won't hurt and would be fun. But we really prefer Matt to broaden his audience, win over some non-Idoloonies! Laughing

Bands/artists with already big fanbases tour and have crowds of 100 or less at many show when they tour. It's really nothing to scoff at. It's just the way things go as artists build their fanbases. It starts out small and intimate! I can imagine it can be scary though.

I'm getting excited by the live studio CD idea! Then maybe Matt can have some shows outside of MI to promote it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
csprof

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Jenna, I don't think the Manoop concert would help his career particularly, but it would be fun for their fans and maybe it would make some money for them. I'd probably go to a Manoop concert if there were one near me since I like both of them, although I would much prefer a Kratt concert. These concerts certainly won't hurt either of them. I agree that Matt is so much more than AI. He is a much better performer/musician/artist/songwriter than he was an AI contestant.

The studio DVD would be better than what we have now because the quality will be very good, but I can't really imagine it selling more than a few thousand copies (based on Anoop, Scott and Michael's sales), and it won't help get Matt on radio. I'm pleased they are setting their sights high for a major studio, but I'm really curious about it now. Do they have any reason to think it is a possibility?

Well, we have waited this long, and he has some interesting new opportunities coming up. "Thank You" is not done with its run on radio. He is debuting at the Grand Ole Opry next month. He has "upcoming exciting things". Good things will keep coming to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Bianca wrote:
who is Matt's new manager? I thought he's still with 19M?

His name is Kevin Brady. I believe 19 E let him go once his contract was up sometime during the American Idol Tour. Other than his new manager's name I know nothing about him.

Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:34 pm

Matt's management is something that has always puzzled me. The AI contract should have ended with the tour. When Matt did his interview with Barnaby and Friends back in January the day of the Forest Hills concert, and also on a Tommy and Brook radio interview about a year ago, he said he was still being managed by 19. I always wondered about that because he wasn't listed as a client, and he wasn't doing a lot that would make money for 19. But it is clear that 19 kept helping him. He mentioned in May to someone at the AI finale (Jim Cantiello, I think) that they helped hook him up with producer Drew Ramsey and with some of the songwriters. I've also wondered who got him into Sony studios to record "If I Say Hallelujah", and assumed 19 did that.

Kevin Brady according to Google is a concert promoter from Kalamazoo. So, at some point since end of January, Matt's relationship with 19 must have ended and Kevin started working with him. And whoever got Matt all those performance gigs this summer (presumably Kevin) found some great opportunities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Oh I would go to a Manoop show as well mostly of course to see Matt but I was pleasantly surprised by Anoop on tour. I enjoyed him. I wouldn't mind a show or two but IMO not an entire tour.

I always thought that Matt still had a relationship with 19E but not as one of their signed artists. It would be great if one day when Idol is off the air the contracts were made public and someone involved in the show writes a tell all book!

Back to top Go down
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:25 am

I am also puzzled with who really manages his career, I thought the ATT acoustic show in La Canada, Ca was arranged by 19M, as well as the Disney apperance he had in Orlado last June. If he is no longer with 19M I hope he will get a managing company that can very well represent him. I know that those gigs in Michigan are good for him but he has fans outside of MI who wants to see him perform.

Anyway, I'm really anxious to find out what is Matt's next career. He is so talented and he deserves to be seen and heard.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:19 am

Bianca wrote:
I am also puzzled with who really manages his career, I thought the ATT acoustic show in La Canada, Ca was arranged by 19M, as well as the Disney apperance he had in Orlado last June. If he is no longer with 19M I hope he will get a managing company that can very well represent him. I know that those gigs in Michigan are good for him but he has fans outside of MI who wants to see him perform.

Anyway, I'm really anxious to find out what is Matt's next career. He is so talented and he deserves to be seen and heard.

Not sure but I believe Ken Warwick (American Idol producer) has helped him get some gigs! The article mattyfan posted in the Bay City thread stated that Ken Warwick has hired Matt for private parties. I remember reading somewhere that even after an Idol's contract with 19E is over they still get a percentage of the Idol's earnings for so many years. If this is true it would make since for 19E to help Idols not signed to them find paying gigs.

I definitely agree Bianca Matt's talent deserves to be seen and heard!

Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Well, I have no idea what's going on, but today's theory is that the pictures are to go with the studio DVD, and it will be used both as a first release for fans and to get labels interested.

Jenna and Bianca, you are right that 19 keeps booking him for things regardless of the management relationship, and in addition to the things Bianca mentioned, there is also the fact that he is going to be on this season's AI Milwaukee auditions.

The good news for Matt is that he has a whole lot of people looking out for him beyond his manager. I particularly like that Victoria Shaw is trying to help him. "Thank You" has been a huge opportunity for him. And now because of his relationship with Anna Wilson and the success of "You Don't Know Me" he is going to debut at the Grand Ole Opry. How many unsigned artists have the opportunities he has had? He is actually doing really well, although of course we want more for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud   

Back to top Go down

10/8/2010 An Interview: Catching Up with Matt Giraud
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2