HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

1st Question of the week 10/9/10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Csprof and Mattyfan came up with a great idea to help increase conversation about Matt! So every week we will come up with a new question. We feel this can not only increase Matt's online conversation but we hope it will strengthen the fandom and help us come together more. If you have a great idea for future questions you can post it in the thread created Question of the week suggestions. You do not have to member of the forum to participate in the question of the week. Thanks so much! Very Happy So the very first question is....

"At what point did you know you were a Matt fan, and at what point did you become a super fan?"

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
csprof

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Jenna,

Thanks for getting this off the ground. I think it could be lots of fun. I'll go first.

I probably watched 3 AI episodes ever before Season 8. My daughters started watching in Season 7, and I joined them in Season 8. I didn't like the early audition episodes so I only really started watching during the Top 36 shows (so missed "Georgia"). I was first really impressed by Matt when he performed "Human Nature" on Top 13 night. I thought he brought something different to his arrangement and vocals, and showed himself to be a true musician. If you listen to MJ singing that song, Matt's version has a unique jazz twist by comparison. From then on, he became my favorite.

I kept an eye on Matt, somewhat casually, through the AI tour, and that is when I became a superfan. During the AI tour, he started showing his performance skills. He was such a strong performer on tour (and this is from videos because I have not yet seen him live). Also, once he got his twitter account and started bubbletweets and the like, his personality really shown through. He's really funny, and over and over he has shown himself to be a sweetheart of a guy, too.

If there was a way to be a super-superfan, that probably happened when he started performing his original music. I love the optimism that rings through every one of his songs, even the ones about breakups, disappointments and death. And the musical arrangements, particularly the piano portions, are gorgeous. He also has learned how to control his voice and mix up the runs, falsetto, and lower register as part of the arrangement, and I love this too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:49 pm

I became a fan of Matt the first time I heard him sing and perform...which was during Hollywood Rounds "Georgia" performance. I don't remember seeing Matt's audition but I never usually remember auditions.

Keep in mind I am a huge Billy Joel fan and I know his music. When Matt started playing and singing "Georgia" I got so excited! I jumped off the couch and stood in front of the TV transfixed! I screamed to my friend he is playing a Billy Joel song LOL! Of course "Georgia" is not a Billy Joel song and I realized this after the performance was over and I was gushing to my friend how incredible it was. I realized then that duh Billy doesn't sing "Georgia" Ray Charles does! I thought it was a Billy Joel song because Matt reminded me so much of a young Billy. The way he played the keyboard, moved his body, and the passion and soul in his voice was so much like Billy! Right then I became a fan but I didn't realize how much until it was almost too late!

So i'm sure we all remember the Cold Play disaster? Well I was really looking forward to hearing more from Matt and then Cold Play happened! I was so disappointed but I remembered how much I loved his "Georgia" performance so I voted for him anyway but like a jackass I split my votes and voted for Kris Allen too! I realized how much I loved Matt when Kris made it through and Matt didn't! I was devastated and lol became really pissed that Kris made it even though I voted for him.

Then the wildcard rounds came and I was estatic when Matt made it and the whole time he was performing I was on the edge of my seat and bam he killed it! I was so happy and proud of him! Needless to say I didn't vote for anyone else the rest of the season except Matt! He won my heart! I loved him more and more as the season went on! Human Nature, So Small, Let's Get It On, even You Found Me, etc! Every week for 2 days before the show I couldn't eat because my stomach was so upset from nerves! LOL I guess it was then I realized I was a super fan! I cried when he was voted off and then cried again when he was saved! That season of American Idol was like an emotional roller coaster! I am so grateful I was introduced to Matt!

Oh and during the American Idol Tour I finally accepted that I am a Matt fanatic! I went to five shows that season during the tour just to see Matt because I really wasn't a fan of any of the other Idols that season! For me it was all about Matt!

Now of course I love him even more because of his amazing music. He truly is an incredible musician and IMO the best musician ever to come from American Idol. I love Matt for his amazing vocals, his passion, dedication, & connection to and for music, the incredible way he has of interpreting a song and making me feel it, his astonishing performing ability, and let's just say it he is an amazing song writer!

LOL don't worry guys your answers don't have to be this long. Guess I just got carried away!

Last edited by Jenna on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:31 pm

I had watched some Idol episodes before Season 8 but wasn't really into it. Then Season 8 came along and I started to get more into it. I don' t think I seen his audition but during Hollywood Week when he did Georgia is when he really caught my attention and I became a fan. In the next coming weeks I turned into a Super Fan. It was his "So Small" performance that caught me. I was happy that he was saved and was hoping that he would be able to make it to the end but it didn't happen. Near the finale I found out the tour was coming to the next state over so I thought I would look into it more. I watched the tour videos online every chance I could. I was still debating about tour until I had this occurrence and it was a sign to me to go. 3 days in a row before I was able to get tickets during my daily routine when I turned on the radio the song that was on when I turned the radio on was "You Found Me". I just took it as a sign and said to myself that I need to find a way to go.

By the time I was able to get the money and go I ended up getting seats way up top but it was still a good show and it was the last one of the tour. So I was there to see them interact during some of the other's performances like Kris. Here is a video if you want to see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZrU8tRq76A
If my other plan had happened I would have stayed in the same hotel as them and would have hopefully had the chance to meet him but I wasn't able to but I will eventually.
Then I followed him on twitter and then through this site. I have been trying to find a way to see him again but Vermont is just to far away from Michigan and haven't had enough extra money yet to get to Michigan and see some of his new stuff performed live. Even though it is good through the youtube videos I can imagine it is a million times better when you are live.
One day I ill get the chance to see him live again. For now I got memories, videos from fellow fans which I appreciate them sharing and hope that soon Matt will release his music throughout the country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/reedant
Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:34 pm

What a lovely idea! ( : This takes me back to when the season 8 ai forums were up. : ) hehe. I saw you, Jenna, tweet this link and I really wanted to read everyone's and post mine, too. I'm sorry I haven't posted much here! : (

Anywho, for me it took a little while to admit my admiration to another american idol contestant. Before season 8 even started I told myself I was NOT going to get invested in any contestant again. I couldn't not watch because I like the show, but I didn't want to vote and be all tied to it emotionally and all that jazz. I wanted to be a casual fan. haha, I guess I'm not meant to be just a casual fan.

I missed some episodes due to work and school related stuff in the beginning, so I missed most of the auditions. I remember seeing Matt and Kris during the group round and really liking the vibes they were putting out. I believe I ended up seeing Matt's Georgia performance on youtube because I missed it and I heard it was great. I was still denying myself to become invested in a contestant, though. I'm crazy.

During the top 36, I remember being excited to see Matty tat tat. I was a little disappointed in Viva La Vida, but more so at the judges. I didn't vote because I told myself I wouldn't. I didn't go to any AI forums, either. I think i went to Mjs blog when I missed an episode. I still was flabbergasted when he didn't make the top 12 then.

When Matt was chosen for the wild card I was all "YAY!" I was excited for that Von guy, too. haha, I remember him. Mishavonna should have been there, though. Oh yeah... no tangents. Sorry. When Matt sang "Who's Lovin' You" I think I was on the edge of my seat and all into it. haha, I pointed at the screen and was all "Yeah, boy!!" Something like that. lol, and I was excited he made the top 12 and flabbergasted that it became a top 13.

That's when I gave in and went to the AI forums, made friends with awesome people, and voted.

So, took my until Top 13 to vote, but that's ok! I think I became a super fan when I bought two cheap phones to vote for him along with my usual 1 cell phone.

Seeing him on the AI tour was one of the days/nights that I will never forget.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/cindsss
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Great new addition to the forum Jenna!

I'm a late follower I guess of Matt's as I've only ever watched one whole season of AI and that was S7 and was purely a 'channel flicking' moment, saw David Cook and was hooked...but that's another story!

I first came familiar with Matt whilst listening to Andrew Cook's (David Cook's younger brother) internet radio show and he played Matt's version of My Funny Valentine. I love old swing, jazz, big band music and anyone who's able to play piano and Matt's voice is just perfect - that was the song that got me hooked. I also remember Andrew interviewing Matt a couple of times and his passion for music (and his whole personality in general) really came across in the interviews and I really liked that about him.

From then one I just searched YouTube for videos of Matt's AI performances and downloaded all his studio AI recordings and found this forum where I was able to learn more about Matt's AI journey.

I don't know when I became a 'super fan' but I guess since hearing My Funny Valentine I've just wanted to hear more music from Matt. I love and admire the fact that he learned to play piano on his own and hardly reads music (I don't know if that's changed now) that he writes his own songs and can perform every song differently each time, putting a new spin on his songs and also covers.

He's one of very few singers who can sing acoustically, can move me to tears with a performance and who continues to get better and better every single time I watch one of his performances.
I would love to see Matt live one day, either in the UK or when I finally get over to the US!!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:34 pm

I love this thread!!

I’ve been an AI viewer since season 2. The years passed though without anyone really catching my attention. That changed in Season 7 where I admired a couple of talents. However, it wasn’t until I saw Matt in Season 8 that I began to feel wholly invested in a contestant, even starting to vote for him the whole 2 hours on 3 phones at some point!

Matt first caught my attention when he played “Georgia” during the Hollywood rounds. The voice , the piano skills were A+! At the back of my mind, I told myself he’s the one I’m gonna watch out for! When Top 36 came and he sang “Viva la Vida”, I was flabbergasted at the judges’ reaction. To be honest I actually liked it! He may have sounded a bit breathless but I thought he gave it his own spin and it worked for me. I made the one big mistake ever that night – that I regretted throughout the season and to this day – and that was splitting my votes! I voted for Matt and Kris (I think Jenna and I fell in the same trap!). Well, we know how that went so never again did I split my votes! I was confident though that they’d bring him back for the wildcard. No way they would let that talent slip away! I was so relieved when he got through.

So there started the roller coaster ride as a Matt G fan.

“Human Nature” sealed the deal for me, if I weren’t already a superfan! Everything about that performance fit to a T. The voice, piano, instruments, his outfit…so mesmerizing. Each week, I was nervous for Matt, knowing he had a talent way above the rest but would it translate well on the TV screen?? I voted and voted, the only thing I felt I had control over. I was still heartbroken and teary 2 weeks after he got voted off the show, lol!

If it’s at all possible, I’ve become an even bigger Matt G fan after the show and hearing his original compositions. I’m confident he’ll have a solid lifelong career in music, doing what he loves. I just wish the recognition would come sooner! (Come on, major labels! Aaarrrrgggh!) We need his albums…and tours. I have yet to see him perform live and am so grateful to fellow fans who’ve so generously shared their awesome videos and stories! I can't wait for the album and tour!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:46 pm

It's great to read everyone's stories! I hope everyone who hasn'attyt seen him live yet will get to soon!

No Thank you csprof & mattyfan for thinking up this great idea!

Haha mattyfan...yup we fell for the same trap but never again!

Skyler I love reading people's stories that weren't introduce to him on American Idol! It makes me more certain that Matt will have a long successful career!

It's great to see you on the forum again Cindy! And I did the exact same thing for the Who's Loving You performance!

Anthony I loved your mattCentric story! Yup you definitely had to follow the signs! So glad you decided to go see him on the tour! Hope you can see him again soon! Oh and I loved So Small! It was such an amazing performance!

Back to top Go down
FTL14Holley

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:47 pm

I love this idea & I love the idea of Matt Fans United for some more conversation. What is there better than to talk more about Matt & his talent!!?? Create the Buzz...

First I need to say that I am from Michigan. About one hour away from Kalamazoo. I love TV, Music and tend to put my whole heart into something. I also tend to write too much so I will try to be good about it! lol

I became a fan of American Idol during the Finale of the first season. Kelly & Justin just grabbed my attention with their talent. I was a fan of Star Search back in the day and even had some locals from Michigan on that show that made it pretty far on that show. I was only a pre-teen back then but when there is someone from your state you usually root for that person. When Lakisha Jones was on Idol Season 6,we voted for her but not on a regular basis. She was from Michigan & she was a great singer. But I tended to vote for Chris Richardson who was my fave that year. Every season my family picks their fave and usually I would vote for who my daughter liked because I wasn't invested. Season 5 was my year of voting. Our family liked so many & I actually went to the Tour that year. Ace Young, Katherine McPhee & Elliott Yamin were my favorites. But little did I know that Season 8 would take over my life! ha!

I first saw Matt during his audition. Noticed he was Kalamazoo & found out that there was a Piano Bar. I remember thinking how did I NOT know this? I remember googling Monaco Bay and putting it in my favorites. But Matt blew me away with his voice! When Simon compared him to Elliott of course I was like ok I see it but he really has more. So I remember thinking I need to watch for him. So when he didn't make it through in his group...I was so sad. I had voted for him but not the whole hour. There was so much talent in that group if you look back on it. I did not think the judges were fair at all. But I prayed he would get to the Wild Card round. Which he did. I am a huge MJ fan...so if someone sings MJ then I am hooked. But again it has to be sung well...which I had goosebumps! I was so happy when he made it to Top 13.

Then to find out it was MJ week...I was so excited to see what everyone would sing! I was totally a Super Fan after Human Nature. That is when I begin to search online for more & more information on Matt. I was more of a collector of info then going to the Idol Forums. I had created an account but never posted. But every week I would tell my friends & family to vote on Facebook. To this day I am sure everyone thinks "Ok, already!" lol

I was nervous for Matt on Result night. I would be like did I vote enough with 2 phones for the whole time? Did I call enough people to vote...usually my mom would give a half hour. I even was at Disney on Spring Break and had my mom call me with Matt's number so I could vote in Florida. So insane. Using 2 phones there as well. My mom had to tell me what he sang & how he did. She was like he did well...I was like I want more! Ha! Ha!

Matt being saved was the ultimate moment! Then to go home the next week I was devastated. I then began to vote for Kris. Then Homecoming in Kalamazoo sealed it all for me. My friend & I laughed b/c we were going & he wasn't going to sing. But in the end I am now a 110% supporter of Matt. If he didn't have the talent, I don't think I would be so committed. I think I would of went to one show and that would be it. But Matt surprises me with every show & every new song! I feel very lucky to have him here in Michigan! I wish I would of known of him before Idol. His pre-idol CDs are great. I really like them. I look forward to more of this journey & wish him the best in everything.

I have way more to say...but I will end here. I am glad to be here & posting! I am glad I have met so many fans on Twitter which led to me to having new friends. I went alone to Matt's first show last November & I am so glad I did! I am glad Matt came into our lives...AND we have the internet to connect & really make a difference! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunnyMonkie

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:11 pm

I remembered Matt from his auditions, although throughout the Hollywood rounds I was really excited to see how far Danny Gokey went. Since I am from Milwaukee, OBVIOUSLY Gokey was the big deal! Anyways, I heard Matt do "Georgia" and I was just WOWED! I was always rooting for him from that point forward. I was voting for Matt until he went home. I did vote for Danny too, but my parents had him handled so I felt good voting for Matt. When I saw Matt live and met him, thats when I became a "super-fan." After seeing the idol show in Milwaukee I went to Indy to see the show just because I LOOOOVVVVED watching Matt's set! Since then I have been a big fan, but I am at another level in my fandom now after seeing the Taste Of Kalamazoo show! I don't know how he can top it but I am sure he will. I would NEVER have thought I would go to Kalamazoo 3 times this summer... its absolutely nuts!

Matt is so talented and I just love how every show he does is different. His original songs are so good and I can't wait to hear the studio versions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.twitter.com/_funnymonkie
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Funnymonkie the Taste Of Kalamazoo was definitely incredible! I think all of us that were able to attend that show went home with stars in our eyes! And wow did we really go to Kalamazoo 3 times this summer? Haha we are obviously Matt crazed!

Holley lol you win a prize for the longest post! I already knew your story but loved reading it anyway!

Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:08 am

Oh this is so much fun! Thanks Jenna Smile

I started watching Idol during the second season. I would ususally pick a favorite and vote here and there. The first time I picked up the phone to vote was for Clay Aiken after the finale performances....the in season 3 i voted for Diana Degarmo, then in season 4 i voted for Bo Bice, then season 5 - Chris Daughtry...but when Chris Daughtry got voted off I quit watching....I didn't watch in season 6 cus I thought Idol could never have anyone like daughtry. then is season 7 David cook had me at hello and i would vote for him...and i was so happy that someone i was voting for finally won. But to be honest...I would vote one week here and there..but i wasn't like a fanatic voter....then came season 8. I saw Matt's audition and kind of remember Simon comparing him to Elliot...but I didnt' see it. I saw the Georgia performance...and I remember writing Matt's name down as someone to watch....then when the top 36 started, when Matt came out to sing viva La vida I remember wanting him to do well..and I actually liked the performance and I voted for him like mad that night...but he didn't make it, Adam, Allison and kris made it...i hated kris that night...he was awful IMO.

I missed Matt making the wild card....I had dvr'd it and it cut off...so I had to get on youtube to see what happened and I was so excited that he made it!

Every week I found myself looking forward to his performances....something about him just captivated me! The night he was in bottom 2 after singing LGIO - I just couldn't believe it.....so from that week on..I voted for Matt on two phones for two hours continuously....I can honestly say I"VE never done that before. The night Matt got voted off...I literally cried and felt so heart broken. I'd never seen Idol on tour...but as you all know..I had to see Matt. I saw him here in Georgia, then the very next night in Greensboro and then drove 13 hours to see him in Grand Rapids...best summer ever!!! Plus I've loved all the wonderful friends I've met that love and appreciate Matt the way I do.

I could sit and listen to Matt for hours...breaks my heart that I can't see him live...I would love nothing more than to sit in a quiet lounge and here Matt sing and perform for hours and hours.......I just simply love him..his voice is magic to me! I love him, I just do.!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:55 am

Hi to all Matt fans. I'm a long time lurker from San Jose, CA and this thread seems fun so I decided to de-lurk. I'm actually a big fan of Matt, Kris, and Danny so I hope I'm welcome here even if I like other idols as well.
I started liking him during the auditions. I voted for him like crazy. I was impressed with him in the Idol tour. I was at the San Jose and Oakland show and everybody cheered loudly for him.
After the tour I would monitor any development that is happening with his career, I bought from I-tunes his duet with Ms. Wilson and I am patiently waiting for him to be ssigned in a major label and to tour within my area because I will definitely go. In as much as I want to go to his concerts in Michigan it is expensive to fly out plus work always get in the way.
Btw, I've met some fans of Kris here in CA (he have done lots of shows here) and they also love Matt, and yes they are all aware that if not for Matt's Livin La Vida Kris will not be in the top 12. They are actually thankful to Matt Wink
As for fellow Danny fans I think they also like Matt. We think him and Danny are BFF Smile
Back to top Go down
FTL14Holley

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:10 am

These are so fun to read!!!! Very Happy And Bianca I am a long time lurker too! If you love Matt that is all that matters! All Matt Fans are welcome! I like other idols as well. But Matt is the first I have truly sought out. This is fun Jenna!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:25 am

LOL of course you are welcome here Bianca! I think once the competition is over it no longer matters! I usually do like more than one idol every season and have a difficult time picking a favorite...except for season 8 because I was just so fiercely loyal to Matt. I felt he was given a raw deal and treated extremely harshly by the judges at times. What's funny is Danny was initially my favorite. His audtition that season was the only when I remembered. I loved the tone of his voice but I'm a sucker for a man on a piano. Plus Matt's smooth husky tone, passion for music, and heart won me over in a big way! I love a man who wears his heart on his sleeve as Matt seems to do!

LOL at Kris' fans being thankful to Matt! I love Matt and really didn't find his Cold Play performance as bad as the judges said it was but if I'm honest out of the two performances Kris deserved the spot at that time. To prove that I even split my votes between the two! I hated the way they did the semi-finals that season. If they would have kept it top 24 I don't think Matt would have been voted off! I do think Matt was the idol the judges wanted to advance and were very disappointed in him that night!

I was actually pleasantly surprised by a few of the idols during the tour. Micahel, Anoop, Lil, Danny, and Kris were actually quite good on tour but of course for me it was Matt who was the star of the tour!

I'm glad you delurked and posted Bianca! Hope you continue to do so!

Lovethemtigers he captivated me too and of course he still does! I am praying you make it to see him in Nashville and that he performs somewhere during that time! Let's find a venue for him and tweet him that you guys demand a show lol!

Back to top Go down
MaryM

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Matt, Matt, Matt...where to begin.

I remember first seeing his audition and they did a mini interview with him prior to it. I remember him saying that he was from Kalamazoo and I thought that was pretty cool since that is only a few hours from me and my best friend went to Western so I was familiar with the town. I was hoping his audition would be one of the good ones, so I could root for a Michigan guy! haha! Of course he didn't disappoint and as soon as I heard him sing I knew I would voting for him and that he would be one of my favorites. =)

When he sang Georgia, I was speechless. I had no doubt that he would make it far in the competition after that performance and that is when I knew he had me, my support, and my votes! I could see he had so much talent and was excited to hear more from him. He made me smile each time he came out to sing or when he interviewed.

I of course was crushed when he was eliminated, I was really hoping that he would have made it to the finals. but I was so happy that I found him on Idol and knew that I would be seeing more of him in the future. I knew he was too talented to just disappear.

He made me a "Super Fan":
And then came November 2009 when I went to see his first solo shows. There were two shows in the same day, an afternoon and evening performance. I got a ticket for both. Seeing him live for the first time totally blew me away. His voice and the piano together were so beautiful. I remember sitting there completely speechless wondering how on earth he didn't win Idol. This was the first time I heard Miss You Tonight and I got chills and tears in my eyes. It was such a beautiful and heart felt performance. I remember telling him at the M&G that night that Miss You Tonight was going to be a hit and he needed to release it as a single. He was like Wow Thank You So Much! I just love him to death and he makes me smile every time I go to a show and see him after at the M&G. He is always so excited to see you and makes it a point to thank you for coming and ask you if you had a good time.

Matt is such a sweetheart, I love him to death, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for him (and us!!) I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:43 pm

OMG Mary the Nov 9th show was incredible! I also cried during I Miss You Tonight! I was so proud of him! You love them on Idol but it's when they leave idol that everything changes. He was like this little very talented engine that could on idol but when he debut HIS music he became a talented musician that IS! Haha corny I know but it's the best I could come up with!

I wish I would have met you during that show!

Back to top Go down
Christina

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Is it possible to be a SUPER DUPER MEGA FAN? haha Well anyways... here's my story:

You know how most people remember exactly where they were and what they were doing on 9/11? Well, in addition to that, I also remember exactly what I was doing and where I was the first time I laid eyes on Matt Giraud.

I had never ever been into American Idol before. I had caught a few episodes here or there and maybe casted a few votes but normally, I missed the show because I've always worked nights.

In September 2008, my house burned down. To make a long story short, I was still dealing with the aftermath of the fire in January when AI started (and even throughout most of the season. Losing everything in your life to a fire is devastating and has long lasting after-effects). I had actually gotten DVR cable for the first time so I had set my DVR to record American Idol. For some reason, I just really wanted to watch it that year.

I was really excited to see the Louisville auditions because I live about an hour and a half north of Louisville. I was sitting on my couch text messaging my friend Nikkea. When Matt came on, my friend sent me a text that said "wow, he's really cute." Obviously, I agreed with that statement. I was also thinking "KALAMA --WHAT?" I'd never heard of Kalamazoo! I was really impressed with his audition. Matt, Kris Allen, and Alexis Grace were the only auditions I remembered.

When Matt performed Georgia during Hollywood week, I had the same reaction that most of you all said you had. Just... WOW. AMAZING. Obviously, Viva La Vida was a little rough, but my jaw dropped and I was completely blown away when he sang Who's Lovin' You. When he sang Let's Get It On.. OMG. No, really, OMGGGG. I was IN LOOOOVE. I continued to vote for Matt throughout th.e season, I cried when he got saved and then really cried and honestly felt really, really sad when he was finally eliminated.

Since I was new to the whole "Idol fandom" thing, I had no idea that there were forums and things online for fans. One day, I just happened to look Matt up on Myspace and Facebook, and added him as a friend. He accepted me the next day so that was pretty exciting. Then I noticed his Myspace said to follow him on Twitter. I really had no idea what Twitter was but I thought, ok sure, why not? I started talking to some other Matt fans,which eventually turned into us creating MattsFTLs (Full Time Lovers) since he sang Part Time Lover on the show. Even at that point, it never occurred to me that I would ever meet Matt, let alone that I would go to 6 of his shows in Michigan. It never crossed my mind. A girl on Twitter, who ended up living in the same city as me, had an extra ticket to the show in Columbus. Again, being new to this, I had no idea they toured but I was SO EXCITED to go! I spent so much money that summer making a custom shirt, buying fedoras, making signs, buying a camcorder, etc. It was INSANE. I guess that's when I could consider myself a super fan! I honestly don't even know when I crossed that line, I just know that I loved him more and more each week on the show, his tweets and bubbletweets were funny and/or sweet... I just loved his personality.

When I met him on tour, it was like a dream. I felt like I wasn't even there. I'm surprised I was as calm as I was (we flailed later HAHA). That was August 25, 2009 and even at that point, I had NO IDEA that less than a month later I would be in Kalamazoo. It sounds INSANE, even now... it's flat out crazy!

So after that, I don't even know... I went to Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids in November (2 shows in one day!), went back in January which was an AMAZINGGG show. I was completely heartbroken that I missed the show in April. Those of you that tuned into the cellcast may have caught me crying on camera... I had to step away for a few minutes to compose myself lol. I went back again in July... to the Taste of Kalamazoo which still remains to be his BEST. SHOW. EVERRRR. Wait, I mean EBERRRR! Then of course, I went again in August, which I wasn't planning on but Matt sent me a DM and told me to come so I literally decided to go about 5 days before the show. Talk about last minute planning! Then, the day after that show, I ended up getting tickets to the sold out show on October 1st! So there you have it.. I've used every bit of my vacation time at work on trips to Michigan. I'm all out, otherwise I'd be going to the Bay City show too! Last week I told Matt I can't come back until next year unless he starts doing Saturday shows, lol.

The other thing that amazes me, besides Matt's songs and performances, is his personality and the way he treats his fans. I mean, really. MY FAVORITE MUSICIAN knows my name and knows things about me. He even tries to get to know some of us better. He's invited some of us to his afterparties, and he's gone out of his way to come and hang out with a few of us while we're still in town... it blows my mind. And I always think to myself "how could I possibly even love him any more than I already do?" But somehow, he always manages to make it happen.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is absolutely NOTHING in this world that makes me happier than seeing Matt perform live and actually being at the show. NOTHING. I'll always support him and continue to do what I can for him. He deserves it so much.

Sorry for typing a book... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.twitter.com/ImKristinaMarie
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Wow Christina so sorry to hear about your house burning down! That must have been terrible!

I still say it was a bunch of BS that Matt was in the bottom 2 on Let's Get It On week! Nope ain't buying it!

Back to top Go down
MaryM

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Jenna!! I wish I met you in November too! I didn't know anyone at that show!! I met Jenny in line for the 2nd M&G. Very Happy Other than that I was solo the whole day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunnyMonkie

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:34 pm

LMAO are we crazy?? Cuz this is absolutely insane!!! hahaha... I mean... I made the stupidest "rap" video EVVVVER try to win a bubble tweet from Matt! hhahah... not right not right.... but OH SO FUN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.twitter.com/_funnymonkie
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Haha the rap videos! I loved them! They were all so
great! You guys were so brave! Yup we are crazy but I wouldn't give it up!

Well I'm just happy we finally met Mary!

Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:32 pm

I really enjoyed reading this thread. It is nice to hear everyone's stories, and to realize that there are other people who feel similarly about Matt. I saw a couple of common themes in the posts:
* Matt has many fans who are not particularly AI fans, but were just attracted to him.
* Matt love drives people to do things they would never do for anyone else and never thought they would ever do at all. Smile
* Matt's new music has touched people at a new level, beyond what first attracted them to him.

For the lurkers, I myself was a lurker for a long time. I found this forum less than a year ago when Jenna and crys pointed me to it. It is completely new for me to read/post at a fan forum. But I realized that it feels good to express how much I have been touched by Matt's music and to do what I can to help him get his music out there. I hope more people will tell their stories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FTL14Holley

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:36 pm

I agreee it does feel great to post! I lurked for a long time & tried to join the forum way back in May 2009 but with dial up it sucked so I got used to just reading posts on here & tweets on twitter. Finally joined Twitter b/c of Matt too.

I am glad we met Mary too! I was going alone to shows too & meeting up with fans I met from earlier shows. I can't believe we had not met before! Glad I am the one that introduced myself to you at Bronco Bash & had you come & stand with us. Instant connection which I love! Matt brings people together. He tweeted me that once! Ha!

Looking forward to meeting more of you. Excited to have others to express my feelings about the music. I love you After all it is the Music that Must be given to the universe to be heard. Matt has it in him! Wink #SignMattGiraud Lives On!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:14 pm

csprof wrote:
I really enjoyed reading this thread. It is nice to hear everyone's stories, and to realize that there are other people who feel similarly about Matt. I saw a couple of common themes in the posts:
* Matt has many fans who are not particularly AI fans, but were just attracted to him.
* Matt love drives people to do things they would never do for anyone else and never thought they would ever do at all. Smile
* Matt's new music has touched people at a new level, beyond what first attracted them to him.

For the lurkers, I myself was a lurker for a long time. I found this forum less than a year ago when Jenna and crys pointed me to it. It is completely new for me to read/post at a fan forum. But I realized that it feels good to express how much I have been touched by Matt's music and to do what I can to help him get his music out there. I hope more people will tell their stories.

The last 2 *'s are definites for me! I'm a complete full fledge groupie I fear! I have done things I never would for anyone else for sure! LOL I was terrified handing out CD's and asking people to chant signmattgiraud at Grand Rapids during the American Idol tour! It took everything I had to do that! I'm a pretty shy person and not very outgoing! Thanks to Desouthie and Lisa I was able to break out of my shell and do it!

I can't even express how amazing Matt's music is nor how many of his songs touch me! I always knew he was an amazing pianist and vocalist but I honestly had no clue how incredible his music would end up being until I heard I Miss You Tonight the first time! I was floored and sat there listening to it with my jaw dropped down to the floor and tears running down my face! Then January came and the introduction of Brand New Day and so many other amazing songs! And now incredibly beautiful heart wrenching songs like I'll Hold On To You, See You Again, and Motel! Wow everytime I hear him sing a new song they get better and better! I can't wait to see and hear what is next because he surprises me everytime!

Last edited by Jenna on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Question of the week 10/9/10   

Back to top Go down

1st Question of the week 10/9/10
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next