Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

MISSION: MATT TOUR

Go down 
+6
graciecat
csprof
MaryM
FunnyMonkie
Jenna
Christina
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Christina

Christina

MISSION: MATT TOUR Empty
PostSubject: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:24 am

***DELETED***

Last edited by Christina on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/ImKristinaMarie
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Where to begin??? I just feel well...defeated! I use to feel energized to do anything I could to support and try to help promote Matt. I can't even tell you how many hours I have devoted to this as I'm positive so many of us here have. I know Matt has been appreciative of this as he has thanked me but I can honestly say I feel it really has no value to him. He has never once publically recognized this board or any of the other things we have created for him like the youtube channel. For example, would it have taken much for him to thank everyone for all the wonderful things said about him and his music in the question of the week thread because I did tweet him the link. I would rather have had his recognition of the websites than his thanks because then he would be thanking and recognizing everyone here. I sometimes wonder if Matt knows how to promote himself efffectively? A fanbase is only as vocal and excited as an artist is. I have to say this community has been so much fun and I have met so many great people because of it! I don't regret a minute of it!

Christina, I don't see this working. For one Matt once again is not really involved and without that involvement I have learned there is only so much we as a fan base can do. Hell I couldn't even get people to leave a comment or even push the like tab for the 4 Am video that was uploaded by River City Studios. That would have taken a minute whereas what you are suggesting would take much more to do. I also feel that without a CD what is the point? What would he be touring? But the biggest question I see is...does Matt really ever intend to leave Michigan or release a CD because if not then why waste time doing something that is never going to happen?

Matt is an incredible musician that I am proud to follow and support. I want to and will continue to support him as long as he is making music. I can honestly say his music makes me happy and there is no other musician out there whose music reaches out to me and holds on to me no matter how many times I listen to it. But I can also say I wish Matt would let us know what he wants from his fans? I want to know does he plan to release music and create more in the future or is he happy as a regional act and performing at private shows? Maybe his future goals are none of my business but the way I see it is I am the consumer and would like to know if I will continue to have something to buy?

I know some are going to be beyond pissed if or when they read this but it's how I feel and I feel I need to say it. So I will apologize in advance to the people I make angry. If you have the same opinion or a different one, or just want to go off on me then please post your thoughts Very Happy I always like to hear other people's opinions as I believe we can only learn and grow from each other.

Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
FunnyMonkie

FunnyMonkie

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Jenna I totally see where you are coming from, I think it has come to a point that we don't know what we are supporting. I don't want to feel like being a fan is a job, but I think we do play a big part in Matt's success, and getting the word out about him. Don't feel pressured if you don't want to do it, but I am going to work on it Smile I think I am going to get the word out at local venues and try to encourage my Gokey friends who love Matt to do the same. I love going to MI but it costs so much money and time off I just don't think I can do it much anymore.

Matt giving us his blessing to do it will encourage me to do it lol... so we'll see if it works Smile

No worries Jenna I'm not mad... I feel your pain lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/_funnymonkie
MaryM

MaryM

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Although I love Matt to death and promote and talk about him to people whenever I can, I think contacting venues and getting them interested in booking Matt a show should come from him and/or his management. I have noticed that smaller venues that have live music have a contact person on their website for the artist to send in a demo along with their contact information. I think it would be more professional and look better if Matt was the one doing the contact, not his fans. It would show he is really interested in playing there and is making the effort to make the contact.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks for understanding Funnymonkie!

This is what I want from Matt and would get me excited...

timhalperin Help me book a show in YOUR city for my tour in April. Thanks Everybody, click here: http://on.fb.me/efoAuR Please RT!

Christina, I wasn't trying to belittle your plan but at this time I just don't understand the point? Matt is not saying he is going on a tour. Matt is not saying he is releasing a CD. If Matt asked his fans like Tim just did I would have no problem doing it! But Matt never really says anything to us anymore Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:09 pm

MaryM wrote:
Although I love Matt to death and promote and talk about him to people whenever I can, I think contacting venues and getting them interested in booking Matt a show should come from him and/or his management. I have noticed that smaller venues that have live music have a contact person on their website for the artist to send in a demo along with their contact information. I think it would be more professional and look better if Matt was the one doing the contact, not his fans. It would show he is really interested in playing there and is making the effort to make the contact.

Just my thoughts.

I agree Mary! I would do anything required of me to promote the show in my area!
Back to top Go down
Christina

Christina

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:54 pm

***DELETED***

Last edited by Christina on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/ImKristinaMarie
csprof

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Let me just say that it is nice to see some posts on this forum today!

I'm sure everyone has noticed the lack of activity on the forum since 2011, and things really started to slow down several times before that. I have come to agree with Jenna's view that Matt is the best person to promote himself. We don't reach very many people here.

Christina, I think you should first of all know how much we all appreciate everything you do. I feel like I get to experience the concerts through you and some of the others, and MattsFTLs has been a fabulous resource for information.

The reason people are disappointed is in Matt's control. It is not so much that it is taking him a long time to release music or tour, but rather that it is starting to look like he isn't going to do either or it will be done much later without adequate promotion and won't be successful. If he reached out to tell people his plans, and then followed through on those plans, it would go a long way. Also, when he does do something interesting like filming a music video, he has an opportunity to build some excitement, but he doesn't take advantage of it. These are the sort of things he needs to do to keep people interested.

I don't think it is time to give up because his music is really amazing (after thousands of listens), but it seems like he has to make his move.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 pm

csprof wrote:
Let me just say that it is nice to see some posts on this forum today!

I'm sure everyone has noticed the lack of activity on the forum since 2011, and things really started to slow down several times before that. I have come to agree with Jenna's view that Matt is the best person to promote himself. We don't reach very many people here.

Christina, I think you should first of all know how much we all appreciate everything you do. I feel like I get to experience the concerts through you and some of the others, and MattsFTLs has been a fabulous resource for information.

The reason people are disappointed is in Matt's control. It is not so much that it is taking him a long time to release music or tour, but rather that it is starting to look like he isn't going to do either or it will be done much later without adequate promotion and won't be successful. If he reached out to tell people his plans, and then followed through on those plans, it would go a long way. Also, when he does do something interesting like filming a music video, he has an opportunity to build some excitement, but he doesn't take advantage of it. These are the sort of things he needs to do to keep people interested.

I don't think it is time to give up because his music is really amazing (after thousands of listens), but it seems like he has to make his move.

Csprof you always state what I'm thinking so much better. From now on I will tell you what I'm thinking and let you post it hahaha!

The quote in blue is me saying EXACTLY!

I definitely don't want to give up on Matt! His music means too much to me plus I have invested so much heart and time in this to give up! I just want things to be different!

Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:00 am

Hi everyone! I have not been here in a while but nice to see folks still talking about Matt. I am sad to say that while I still follow Matt through the YouTube Channel, FB (when I get there) I just am not as ardently following him or his career as I was. Perhaps it is because I live so far away and cannot make the concerts and shows like I wish I could, I don't know. I continue to listen to his music, give CD's to friends etc...I wish he or his team would help get him out there more. At this point, I would be happy with a small club performance. I guess Matt is happy where he is, and that is good for him but as a fan it isn't easy to stay connected to him. I hope to see more music from him and who knows, maybe I will win the lottery and make another trip to Michigan, the only place one can see Matt live! Take care all.
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:01 am

Jenna, you have done an unbelievable job with this site, promoting Matt and all. I met many great folks here and of course, great Matt info etc.. Lots of happy memories! Thank you for all you have done!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:14 am

graciecat wrote:
Jenna, you have done an unbelievable job with this site, promoting Matt and all. I met many great folks here and of course, great Matt info etc.. Lots of happy memories! Thank you for all you have done!

Ahhhh gracie my fellow Sally I miss those days! So much fun! I hope to see you again soon! Wouldnt it be great to have a reunion...you, cranberry, darnell, southie, cecilie, sgr, muddster, the whole gang and new friends like holley, mary, funnymonkie, christina, smushypotato, etc! I will pray for that lottery win so we can get together again and then to make things even better adding all the other people who have not seen matt yet...mattypalooza! Haha yes i'm corny!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:04 pm

I agree pretty much with everything you guys have said. (I didn't see the original post though.) Right now I'm just waiting to see what's coming from Matt and his team. Of course, we're always ready to support. I've been watching the River City videos on youtube, making sure to click on the like button over and over again. Smile

Hey, I really liked that tweet from Matt to Victoria Shaw about co-writing some music again. I hope it happens! But seriously the first one needs to be released as single already, like last year!?

I guess it's appropriate here to point out some strategies that seem promising. I'm very impressed with what some idols (even those who didn't even make it to Top 12 or 24!) are doing lately. Times have really changed in the music business. Artists need to get creative if they want to keep up interest and activity. Anoop's giving away his music to drum up interest and has asked for pledges. I think it's working coz it motivated me to download his songs and now I'm enjoying listening to them! So I'm actually thinking of making a pledge so I can get a physical copy of the cd! Although I liked Anoop on the show, I don't really follow him or his music closely, but his recent strategy is working!

There's Colton Dixon who immediately released a sneak peak video of an amazing new song! He also gave away his Decode recording after leaving the show.

Tim Halperin gave away his single too and is now organizing a self-funded tour! He's even asked fans for help with venues. I think he has a great idea there, focusing on small community venues like churches, schools. Keeping it simple. He'll probably hop in a van with his keyboard and drive around the country on this tour (this reminds me so much of Chris Sligh's open letter to the idols at the end of Season 8!). Tim wants to reach the people that voted for him and thank them and at the same time he'll likely gain some new fans doing what he loves to do.

I'm making this too long already.

I do hope we see and hear good things soon, of the kind we've been expecting for a long time. It doesn't have to be anything fantastic! An indie album/EP realease and a simple tour maybe? Maybe even just random shows wherever his travels take him? A few days ago Matt was in Florida. That could have been an opportunity to play at some piano bar somewhere there so FL fans could enjoy a show with him. Nashville is another place he frequents, why not a show there?

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MaryM

MaryM

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Mattyfan those are some great promotions that the recent Idols are doing and it is awesome and effective because it is coming straight from them to the fans.

I also agree that it would be a great idea for Matt to do small places at this point, just to get out there and get his name and face outside of MI. I am sure piano bars would love to have his name on their bill for a night. I am sure it would drum up great business for them and would be great exposure for Matt. Churches, local bars that have live music, etc. Most of these places don't require a certain amount of ticket sales, there is just a cover at the door that night. He doesn't need to bring the band or anyone else. Just him. Everyone has to start somewhere, and there is nothing wrong with doing these smaller local venues at this point. It is better than doing nothing. And I am sure his fans outside of MI would love the chance to see him.

Back to top Go down
FTL14Holley

FTL14Holley

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm a little confused why Christina deleted her post? She had valid points & great idea... Feel the love girl...don't ever feel like what you say is not valuable or appreciated. Yesterday when we talked we had a great convo too. I also have had discussions with Jenny & Jenna on this too. I think everyone has some valid points and I agree with everyone's feelings.

Matt & his team need to go back to the Facebook posting of venues to see where fans had suggested he play. I know there were many smaller venues with contact information. But I agree with Mary that he needs to get in those places that already have music and a clientale that comes to listen to the music no matter who is playing. I know I have several places by me that we go to and not necessarily b/c we are going to see that band. I live in Michigan so I don't what I can do to promote another state but I am in for any work that needs to be done when I am told what to do.

I am a fan for life. Like seriously I am ready to work it!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Hahaha Holley I am a fan for life too. I think in every fanbase there is probably ups and downs, excitement, disappointments, confusion, and successes so I don't think any of our feelings are abnormal. I think it is probably even more of an emotional rollar coaster when you are a fan of an American Idol. We are so used to seeing these contestants twice a week and having a big part in their success on the show that we naturally want to continue with this once they leave the show and move onto their careers. They are not like normal artists. We get to know a little bit about who they are and what their dreams are. I know for me I constantly worried about Matt on the show and two years later I am still worrying about him. I want him to succeed so badly that I am willing to give up a lot of my time and energy to do what ever I can to help him. This really is quite silly if you think about it because while I love 3 Doors Down's music I don't ever worry about them and I definitely don't dedicate countless hours to them. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say but basically I am just so invested in Matt that I feel my heart is much too involved.

With this said, I also truly believe that Matt, like everyone has made some mistakes along the way. Mary and Mattyfan you made some great suggestions. I guess I don't understand what happened to the guy that kept in touch with his fans through bubbletweets and tweets that were geared towards staying in contact with us. I am completely blown away by the fans who are still hanging on that can't get to Michigan to see him live. That to me is amazing and just shows that Matt is special! I never for a minute believed during Matt's time on the show that 2 years later we still wouldn't have a CD to buy. I don't understand the lack of product? He has created such incredible music that really has only been heard because of the amazing people attending his shows uploading video to youtube. I'm so confused...doesn't he want his music to be heard?

I have thought about this thread all day and the things I said. I don't regret saying them but maybe I was a little harsh. I do still have energy to support him but I guess I am just feeling lost and have no clue how to do this anymore? I'm sure things are more difficult for Matt than we realize but when you see all these other Idol's releasing music and going on tours it does make you wonder what is going on with Matt? I just want to be know if he will ever release a CD and will we have new music in the future? How can we continue to support him as a musician if he doesn't release CD's and leave the state of Michigan?

I was excited to see that Graham Colton wants to do some shows with Matt. I really don't know his music but I have always believed the best thing for Matt to do is to release his music and then find another artist to open for. I hope Matt doesn't ignore this and takes Graham up on his offer!

Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Jenna wrote:
Hahaha Holley I am a fan for life too. I think in every fanbase there is probably ups and downs, excitement, disappointments, confusion, and successes so I don't think any of our feelings are abnormal. I think it is probably even more of an emotional rollar coaster when you are a fan of an American Idol. We are so used to seeing these contestants twice a week and having a big part in their success on the show that we naturally want to continue with this once they leave the show and move onto their careers. They are not like normal artists. We get to know a little bit about who they are and what their dreams are. I know for me I constantly worried about Matt on the show and two years later I am still worrying about him. I want him to succeed so badly that I am willing to give up a lot of my time and energy to do what ever I can to help him. This really is quite silly if you think about it because while I love 3 Doors Down's music I don't ever worry about them and I definitely don't dedicate countless hours to them. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say but basically I am just so invested in Matt that I feel my heart is much too involved.

With this said, I also truly believe that Matt, like everyone has made some mistakes along the way. Mary and Mattyfan you made some great suggestions. I guess I don't understand what happened to the guy that kept in touch with his fans through bubbletweets and tweets that were geared towards staying in contact with us. I am completely blown away by the fans who are still hanging on that can't get to Michigan to see him live. That to me is amazing and just shows that Matt is special! I never for a minute believed during Matt's time on the show that 2 years later we still wouldn't have a CD to buy. I don't understand the lack of product? He has created such incredible music that really has only been heard because of the amazing people attending his shows uploading video to youtube. I'm so confused...doesn't he want his music to be heard?

I have thought about this thread all day and the things I said. I don't regret saying them but maybe I was a little harsh. I do still have energy to support him but I guess I am just feeling lost and have no clue how to do this anymore? I'm sure things are more difficult for Matt than we realize but when you see all these other Idol's releasing music and going on tours it does make you wonder what is going on with Matt? I just want to be know if he will ever release a CD and will we have new music in the future? How can we continue to support him as a musician if he doesn't release CD's and leave the state of Michigan?

I was excited to see that Graham Colton wants to do some shows with Matt. I really don't know his music but I have always believed the best thing for Matt to do is to release his music and then find another artist to open for. I hope Matt doesn't ignore this and takes Graham up on his offer!

Well I pretty much agree with what everyone has said on this thread but I've highlighted the part above that I think is really important and some VERY good points that Jenna points out (love ya jenna Smile but anyways I just want to say that we ALL really LOVE Matt and want what is best for him and none of us are on here to cut him down and/or hurt him and his feelings..we ALL just want Matt to succeed and be happy in his career but with that being said it has been almost 2 yrs now and in order for Matt's fans to be able to help him he has to HELP US TO HELP HIM! ..that's basically what it comes down to. It is extremely hard to promote an artist that doesn't have his work out there in the form of a CD and if he is not out traveling around promoting himself (other then private shows)..these two things are in my opinion absolutey necessary to be able to move forward. Matt doesn't need to be some big super star singer..he just needs to give his long time fans something to work with so we can support him in his future career no matter how big or small that might be. The end.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Perfectly said Lisa! Love you too!
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:14 pm

Lots of good discussion here! Looks like we are all feeling a bit confused, disappointed (to some degree), hopeful and wishful, and of course still dedicated to our Matt G!. I will continue to support him and keep the hope alive (LOL!). If Matt ever decides to venture out here I will promote him, drag friends etc.. (Maybe he doesn't like rain?-HAHA!)

Jenna, I am budgeting some spare change for lottery tickets. Fingers crossed! Wink

Hi Lisa! Good to see you here too friend!

Well, have to go catch tonight's Idol.

Later friends.....
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:48 am

I agree....

I love Matt and his music - but I just can't make it to Michigan.

I feel like that's all Matt is interested in -

Why couldn't he do what Tim Halperin is doing?

Oh well... I will always love Matt and he will forever be my favorite Idol -

I was really frustrated this morning when I saw Anoop on the today show here in atlanta promoting his trilogy albums.....

oh well - I'm beginning to think Matt is content with what he has going on....
and that's okay if that's what he wants, pretty much have resigned myself to the fact that I may never ever see Matt perform live again - cuz Michigan just ain't gonna happen for me....

Back to top Go down
FunnyMonkie

FunnyMonkie

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:19 pm

MaryM wrote:
Mattyfan those are some great promotions that the recent Idols are doing and it is awesome and effective because it is coming straight from them to the fans.

I also agree that it would be a great idea for Matt to do small places at this point, just to get out there and get his name and face outside of MI. I am sure piano bars would love to have his name on their bill for a night. I am sure it would drum up great business for them and would be great exposure for Matt. Churches, local bars that have live music, etc. Most of these places don't require a certain amount of ticket sales, there is just a cover at the door that night. He doesn't need to bring the band or anyone else. Just him. Everyone has to start somewhere, and there is nothing wrong with doing these smaller local venues at this point. It is better than doing nothing. And I am sure his fans outside of MI would love the chance to see him.

Genius. LOL.... I just emailed my local piano bar hahah! Figured it can't hurt!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/_funnymonkie
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MISSION: MATT TOUR   MISSION: MATT TOUR I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MISSION: MATT TOUR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt There is Nothing Small About You!-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com