Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

yay new video of matt singing!

Go down 
+9
mattyg93
meagsmatt
sgr91
cecilie
Riley 9
macigirl
OvenMitt
lumma
Jenna
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

yay new video of matt singing! Empty
PostSubject: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:49 pm

Last edited by Jenna on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 pm

They changed their parts!
Surprised Matt sounds fantastic! I love his little runs!
Actually everyone sounds so good except maybe 2 people I find less fantastic as others.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Good grief why does Adam always have to screech and scream? Matt sounded amazing...god I love the soulful grittiness in his voice. Scott, sorry needs to go home. Anoop sounded great! Lil sounded good but the rest ummm not so much.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:11 pm

lumma wrote:
Actually everyone sounds so good except maybe 2 people I find less fantastic as others.

How do you know they changed their parts?
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Jenna wrote:
lumma wrote:

Oh I meant from the version they sang on the show. Weren't Alice and Kris Allen the first two to sing?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:30 pm

lumma wrote:
Jenna wrote:
lumma wrote:

Oh I meant from the version they sang on the show. Weren't Alice and Kris Allen the first two to sing?

Oh yes Kris and Allison sang first.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:41 pm

No thoughts or comments?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:50 pm

I really wish Matt wasn't singing after Scott. I think it just makes Matt look bad. Some people won't know if it's Matt singing or Scott singing. Someone on MJ's asked if it was Scott who started off the song. I really would hate for people to get them confused because ummm Scott is just not a great singer. I think they should have pared up Matt and Lil. Just because they are both on piano doesn't mean they have to sing after one another.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:55 pm

Jenna wrote:
No thoughts or comments?

You know I have a comment!

This song is unflinchingly cliche, but since the Idols probably didn't have a say in selecting it, I'll disregard that. I was obviously pleased with Matt's portion of the song, and thought it was funny that he added a riff at the end of his solo and giggled about it.
The others? Vocally, I was underwhelmed by Scott and Kris. Conversely, I was completely overwhelmed by Danny and Allison's combination. A pairing that would seem logical in theory based on vocal quality was strained and abrasive in practice. I think Danny was trying too hard to outsing or something. Megan and Sarver's pairing worked. I suppose they took that duet from the finale and ran with that combo. And Adam got the glory note. Sort of. I get that Kris is the winner, and should be the central focus and all, but Adam really is the only singer strong enough to carry the end of that song. This is all my opinion, but all in all it was pretty much what you'd expect from a rehearsal performance. Hopefully it will improve by the time next Sunday rolls around!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:03 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Jenna wrote:
No thoughts or comments?

You know I have a comment!

This song is unflinchingly cliche, but since the Idols probably didn't have a say in selecting it, I'll disregard that. I was obviously pleased with Matt's portion of the song, and thought it was funny that he added a riff at the end of his solo and giggled about it.
The others? Vocally, I was underwhelmed by Scott and Kris. Conversely, I was completely overwhelmed by Danny and Allison's combination. A pairing that would seem logical in theory based on vocal quality was strained and abrasive in practice. I think Danny was trying too hard to outsing or something. Megan and Sarver's pairing worked. I suppose they took that duet from the finale and ran with that combo. And Adam got the glory note. Sort of. I get that Kris is the winner, and should be the central focus and all, but Adam really is the only singer strong enough to carry the end of that song. This is all my opinion, but all in all it was pretty much what you'd expect from a rehearsal performance. Hopefully it will improve by the time next Sunday rolls around!

I agree with all of this. Danny's voice seemed strained throughout the whole performance. Kris really struggles to hit the high note and just sounds bad doing it. Sorry but I can't stand Adam's voice...it is way too high pitched for me and hurts my ears. Kind of reminds me of how a dog probably feels listening to that silent whistle they sell that only dogs can hear.
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:20 pm

Jenna wrote:
Good grief why does Adam always have to screech and scream? Matt sounded amazing...god I love the soulful grittiness in his voice. Scott, sorry needs to go home. Anoop sounded great! Lil sounded good but the rest ummm not so much.

I love Matt's voice....surprise, surprise. I guess that's why I hang around this forum. These little snippets of him singing just kill me. I want more!! Like Jenn said - that soulful grittiness. Love it.

I liked Anoop next best. Actually, I forgot that I really liked him at the beginning of AI. Then he became nerdy and Matt exploded for me and that was that. He has a great voice.

Scott, Megan, Lil, Kris, Michael and Danny - blah.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:31 pm

macigirl wrote:
Jenna wrote:

I love Matt's voice....surprise, surprise. I guess that's why I hang around this forum. These little snippets of him singing just kill me. I want more!! Like Jenn said - that soulful grittiness. Love it.

I liked Anoop next best. Actually, I forgot that I really liked him at the beginning of AI. Then he became nerdy and Matt exploded for me and that was that. He has a great voice.

Scott, Megan, Lil, Kris, Michael and Danny - blah.

It's funny: I'm discovering that alot of people had the same feelings about Anoop. Before I had seen Matt, I thought Anoop would be my favorite. I didn't catch Matt in the early episodes, and missed his semis performance. I only saw the tail end of the wildcard show where they made an extra slot for Anoop, and was thrilled that he was chosen.
It wasn't until MJ Week that I heard Matt. Even then, I was in the kitchen scooping ice cream when I heard someone bust out my favorite MJ song. I literally stopped mid-scoop and dashed into the living room. I was instantly mesmerized. Needless to say, after that, it was "Anoop who?". But I will give Anoop the fact that I love he and Matt together. They crack me up.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:42 pm

Thanks for the new video! Ha-ha, it's the piano duel that doesn't involve Billy Joel! Surprised

Comments? Oh, I think I have a few...

1) Matt is beyind ADORABLE! I loved that face he made after he sang "Oooooh!" like geek
2) Poor Scott. He's starting the song, but his voice is so pitchy! The audience is going to compare Scott and Matt head-to-head, and it's going to be obvious that Matt is the superior vocalist!
3) Did you notice that they gave Megan the shortest solo? Smart move! Wink
4) Michael and Lil sounded pretty good.
5) Anoop and Allison sounded great, as usual.
6) Both Kris and Danny sounded like they were straining to reach the high notes. Oh, well. They still have a week or so to work it out. Rolling Eyes
7) Sorry, but Adam is the ONLY ONE I would trust to sing those highest notes. I know a lot of people may not like his style of singing, but he has an insanely huge range. Vocal coaches say he has something like a 16 1/2 step range or something, while every other finalist has a 12-13 step range! Shocked At least they didn't make Danny sing that part! I'll never forget his scream at the end of Dream On! No OUCH!
Cool Of course, Matt sounds great, and his piano playing is always a bonus! cheers
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Love the video - Matt as always sounds and looks the best! Everytime I hear Kris sing I can't understand that he came out as the winner. URGH he is really bland and what he lacks in vocal skills he DOESN'T make up for in personality. I think that Adam sounds fantastic - he really has a strong vocal! But bounce Matt is MY MAN! His voice just kills me - it's almost 3.30 am and I have to get up at 7 to spend the day at a conference with som butt-ugly people..but again I find myself in a state of restlessness Laughing
But will try to get some sleep while withdrawing into Mattland
Goodnight ladies.
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:15 pm

Absolutely love the video. Any new piece with Matt performing makes my day.
I agree with what most of you said. Scott sounds awful - he is so nasal and tinny in the upper register that its actually grating on my nerves. I really think Matt and Scott should switch parts - Matt should start and Matt is the one who should have the "born and raised in South Detroit" line - it only makes sense.
Never liked Gokey and he's definitely straining. I don't generally hate on Kris but he cannot hit those high notes to save his life. I thought Adam sounded good.
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:43 pm

Thanks!!
Matt sounds fantastic! Wow I could never get tired listening to him sing!
But Scott, jeeeez I dunno..he sounds pitchy and doesn't hit those high notes well.
Anyways, it's so cool seeing all of them together, singing again..getting me really excited for tour : )
And I have to say, I'm happy that Megan doesn't have much to sing!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:12 pm

I loved this video. Matt's voice sounds amazing in the beginning of the song.
I hate Scott's voice,sorry he needs to go home but like now..
I don't want any Matt duet with him. I want Matt alone, I am so relieved Matt is doing 3 songs by himself.

Sometimes I wish Matt would be the only piano player in this group. Scott should not have made the Top 13 IMO, but I guess he just got in because of his back story and the fact he is blind.

Anyways. I do like Adam he is obviously not my favorite but his strong voice is perfect to end this Journey song. Kris? Not so much. But I like Kris too, he is a nice guy.

Matt even promoted Kris' new twitter account. He said his boy Kris. Heh. So cute. So those two are close.

Anyways, changing subject I am still in shock that MJ died today. At 50? Are you kidding me? He was ready for his comeback and his European tour was sold out. So sad.

I am so happy the Idols got a chance to do an MJ week. Hearing my favorite MJ song from Matt was so awesome.

There will never be another one like MJ.
Watching back all of his videos since that little kid was 10 you could tell his level of talent was beyond this planet.
RIP Michael Jackson. You will be missed but we will never forget your music.

Last edited by mattyg93 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:42 am

Oh, dear. I think the audience might get turned off if Scott starts the song so off-key! Crying or Very sad It would sound better if Matt started off, but I doubt that there will be any changes at this point. To be honest, Anoop sounds better in this video than Danny and Kris! Thank goodness Adam can reach those high notes. Exclamation

Matt looks so happy behind the piano. When he's not in front of the judges, his performances are always 1000 times better! I'm running out of words to describe him, but I have to say that he is absolutely adorable. Look at his smile at about 50 seconds into the video! Razz What a dork! It looks like Anoop is cracking up.
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:18 am

I started this post earlier in the day and had to stop because of the tragic news of the day. So if I repeat anything anybody already said, oopsie. But I'll finish it anyway.

my thoughts about this video:

Matt looks hot and plays a mean piano. He hits one bum note in the beginning but overall proves he can sing rock songs. And the do do do do da doo part he adds is super cute. Love Matt.

Most of them sound great. Surprisingly Lil and Megan sound great. Michael sounded better than I expected. Anoop sounds good. Kris is his usual "meh" self. Danny sounds ok, but the pairing of him and Allison for harminization is just odd. Two power voices don't mesh well. And then Scott just sounds like Scott, meaning I didnt like it. He's the odd bird out in this group, I almost (almost) feel bad for him.

One thing about this song is when I heard they were singing it, I began praying that Adam would get the high notes at the end. Steve Perry goes soo high at the end, Adam's the only one who can pull that off. Thank God whoever chose who sings agreed with me. I was actually quite impressed with him as well. and I'm no Adam fan.

But to me, it seemed so rough. They need to practice a ton more before the tour begins. People seemed confused as to when they go high on the chorus and when certain people begin to sing. I hope they figure it out soon because it could be a really great way to end the show.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:51 am

They all look like they're trying hard not to laugh. hahah! Random thought.

Wish the camera showed more of Matt playing the piano. That's always HOT.

Can't believe KA won- what an unspectacular singer, as this video undeniably demonstrates.
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:06 am

So glad to hear Matty sanging--the drought is over! I thought he did fabulously, and even his "bum note" wasn't really that big a deal. I just wish we could've seen Matt's piano playing more up-close. I can definitely tell he's been working on his technique, yay to the vocal coach!

Scott is/was awful! He has no falsetto, it's laughable. Were the other contestants laughing at his singing? I think I would've been. UGH his part was too long.

Michael was a little OTT with his "runs" but it was nice to hear his voice. I used to really like the guy until he killed Gavin's song.

Megan wasn't bad, I like that part for her, clearly she does too.

I was glad to hear Lil! I used to like her too. I was surprised she sang it straight though. No complaints.

Sometimes I really like Danny's tone. It worked in some parts but failed miserably in others. His harmonies with Alli were OFF.

Noop Dogg! He was good. I enjoy his voice too, it's just very clear and clean. He did good.

Allison was good but I could barely understand her part.

Adam was Adam. I'm not gonna worship him like his crazy fans, but he played his part well. I feel that during the show he sounded AWFUL a lot of the time, this was the best I heard him actually.

And Kris....this is the winner? He can't even riff! Not only is he not a great singer, he has no stage presence to compensate (ie Taylor Hicks haha)...you gotta have at least one of those qualities!

Still love these Idols overall, it's gonna be a fun few months.
Back to top Go down
JKRio

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Matt should've started that song, then Scott next & not the other way around. Sorry, but I wasn't really thrilled with Scott doing the first line.

Call it bias or something, Matt's voice has really improved. His vocal coach must be happy. He did hit those notes, though there were I thought a little bit off but who am I to judge where in fact I don't even know the arrangements Smile.
I had to stop, listen to do do do da do part again and see who's doing it. It's Matt! love that part Smile, I want to use it as my ring tone haha.
I wish there more Matt scenes on the video. I was waiting for the perfect angle of Matt & the piano, but there's none Sad. The cameraman has to work on that too haha.

So happy to see Matt on the piano and do his thing - sing! Still bummed up with "me not going to the tour" though. Hope anyone could work on the video and post it on youtube Smile.

BTW, Anoop is good too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yay new video of matt singing!   yay new video of matt singing! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yay new video of matt singing!
Page 1 of 1