Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?

Go down 
+6
graciecat
OvenMitt
meagsmatt
macigirl
Jenna
Lisa_M
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? Empty
PostSubject: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:06 pm

OK..well please just humor me here for a min... Razz It had been a very long time since I watched Matt's Idolatry Interview with Michael S. and as I was watching it I realized that I don't think I had ever watched the whole thing before BUT was he not simply AWESOME in this interview???..as I was watching it tonight I was thinking WOW! this interview so sums up Matt and WHY WE ALL LOVE HIM..does it not?? He is so funny, he is truthful, so honest about his Idol Experience, I love once again how he refuses and says he does not want to be put in a "BOX" and that he CAN mix Soul AND Rock/Pop together...I just wanted to say again I'm so proud of him in this interview..he truly showed his incredible personality and one other thing did you notice he said Again that he doesn't just like to "Sing" ..he likes to SANGGG!! I so hope we can somehow in corprate that in our msg to him on his pendant because he really loves saying that and its sooo him! This Boy is Something else and does anyone ever just wanna call his mom up and say You have A Wonderful Son and you did such a good job raising him!!! Ok now I'm getting corny again so I'll just end this now.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:13 pm

That is definitely one of my favorite interviews! I love everything about it! One of my favorite things about Matt is his sense of humor and how he cracks up at himself...just so adorable! I loved how he won over slezak. He will do this on the tour too!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:36 pm

That interview is my favorite! Notice how my signature quote is from this?? I will admit that I watch it regularly!

I love Part 3 where he does the beats. It kills me. I won't admit how much I have listened to that part. Embarassed

Part 4 ........ what can I say? The whole part at the end about the Save and making Slezak like him is amazing. He is so funny, charming and adorable. When Slezak says that he thought Matt was smug - I love Matt's reaction. I am sure he has never been called smug in his life.

Every time I watch it I have a huge smile on my face. "I know I could make you like me". Smile
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:22 pm

macigirl wrote:
That interview is my favorite! Notice how my signature quote is from this?? I will admit that I watch it regularly!

I love Part 3 where he does the beats. It kills me. I won't admit how much I have listened to that part. Embarassed

Part 4 ........ what can I say? The whole part at the end about the Save and making Slezak like him is amazing. He is so funny, charming and adorable. When Slezak says that he thought Matt was smug - I love Matt's reaction. I am sure he has never been called smug in his life.

Every time I watch it I have a huge smile on my face. "I know I could make you like me". Smile

It's mine too! I loved it so much following Idol because he seemed 100% relaxed and like his true self. No more nerves or held back emotions..he just had fun! Haha I love the part in your sig...the facial expression he makes imitating the fans is priceless! And of course when he's like "You did like 2 things I thought were okay!...Moving on..." Haha I could watch that over and over again and never get tired!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:41 pm

I feel like this interview was where lots of people who'd misread Matt during Idol got won over by him. His playful, kind, friendly attitude just shines. I, like you all, love that he made it clear that he wanted to incorporate several types of music into his repetoire. And I really love that he acknowledged that conformity is what was expected of him, but he's gonna do what he feels passionate about regardless. It's a sort of polite rebellion.

As for cute mannerisms, I quite enjoyed the "Feel free to, like, get into it" line. And I thought the "I can beat all these people" accent was funny. Ghetto Matt.
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:13 am

That is the best interview with Matt! ITA with all your comments! I was also thinking of when Matt says ~just give me a piano- I know I can make you like me ~I was thinking Where's Kristen? She needs to be here! I know Matt would have won her over, too! Wink (She was more down on him than Michael! scratch )
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:00 am

A lot of non-Matt fans said that the Slezak interview was the first time that they realized how 'nice' Matt was. DUH! We have known that since the beginning. cheers

I think it's a good sign that if Matt was able to win over someone as cynical as Slezak, then he could win over some record producers, too. Very Happy In addition to his talent, the video shows his charm, charisma and humbleness.

I love all the joking around he does in the interview, but my favorite part was the end. He says that he never thought he was better than everyone else, but he just wanted to perform, play the piano, entertain people, etc. How could anyone say Matt was 'smug' after watching this interview? confused

Of course, Matt looked extra cute and laid-back. He was like 'I really like your office!' (more like a lousy cubicle) Laughing
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:47 pm

I agree that this was the interview that really showed the non- Matt fans his great personality and passion. I've shown this to several people who have other's as their favorite (usually Adam) and they have all been won-over by that interview. The other thing I show them is the Ellen show and no one can deny his great talent after seeing that. I usuallly get the "where was that during AI" comment afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:12 pm

sgr91 wrote:
I agree that this was the interview that really showed the non- Matt fans his great personality and passion. I've shown this to several people who have other's as their favorite (usually Adam) and they have all been won-over by that interview. The other thing I show them is the Ellen show and no one can deny his great talent after seeing that. I usuallly get the "where was that during AI" comment afterwards.

Ummm it was during Georgia, Who's Lovin You, Human Nature, So Small, Let's Get It On, Part Time Lover! Matt definitely peaked too soon. People forget how many amaing performances he had during the show because they were so early on and if he wasn't their favorite then it wouldn't naturally stay with them.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:35 am

Matt has so many different aspects to him. He's a singer, a songwriter, an entertainer, a comic, a dancer, a piano player (self-taught) and he is very well liked by his peers. I love all of Matt's interviews. I only saw the Idolatry one once, I wish I could sit and watch them all for hours, but it's hard to. My computer is in the kitchen - where everyone comes. I just don't have the freedom to watch what i want to without being rediculed for it. With that being said, I have watched the Dish of Salt one with the flirty Miss Laura Saltman many times (because all of them are on there) - and just fell in love with Matt over and over again on that one. He just stood out in that interview to me.

I agree, Jenna. Matt peaked early on....and that horrible night when he ended up in the bottom two (when he was one of the top 2 performances of the previous night) - is what did him in. For some reason he never recovered and was always walking on the bubble. I think people that liked him but were not "ga-ga" over him lost interest in him for some odd reason after that. I came late into following Matt on the Idol chat boards so I had no idea that people were hating on him. I just couldn't understand why he was always near the bottom. To me he was the best! I just loved his music and his personality. So one night I decided to check out the boards to see what was being said. It was once I joined the boards and read all the Bad Girls stuff and the Giraud Squad stuff that I realized I was not alone...and that Matt's looks were growing on me too...and now it's too the Point where I find him as one of the sexiest, most handsome young men I've ever seen...and I think that because of the whole package....of Who Matt is. How he sings, how he likes to laugh and have fun, he likes to dance, he likes to entertain people, he is so passionate about his music and the way he plays that piano. I just love him. It wasn't one of those things were the first time I saw him I was like "OMG, who is that?" - and it may be because I'm a good bit older than Matt...but as I got to know him with each passing week and then seeing him in his interviews and on twitter, etc. Its something that has grown into a full grown crush, love, infactuation, obsession...whatever you want to call it.

I love him, I just do!
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 am

lovethemtigers wrote:
Matt has so many different aspects to him. He's a singer, a songwriter, an entertainer, a comic, a dancer, a piano player (self-taught) and he is very well liked by his peers. I love all of Matt's interviews. I only saw the Idolatry one once, I wish I could sit and watch them all for hours, but it's hard to. My computer is in the kitchen - where everyone comes. I just don't have the freedom to watch what i want to without being rediculed for it. With that being said, I have watched the Dish of Salt one with the flirty Miss Laura Saltman many times (because all of them are on there) - and just fell in love with Matt over and over again on that one. He just stood out in that interview to me.

Oh, come on lovethemtigers. Isn't there always time for Matt? Wink I have watched that Idolatry video at least 5 times, but I'm still not a Slezak fan. I prefer watching those Dish of Salt videos because Laura obviously was crushing on Matt, too. Embarassed I was already his fan, but I just loved how he became the center of attention during thay AH interview. Matt was the goofiest, the flirtiest, the messiest, the biggest complainer, etc. You clearly could tell that his fellow Idols loved hanging around with him. Cool

I'll admit that I first noticed Matt because of his good looks. Very Happy I always thought he resembled a YOUNGER, CUTER, HOTTER version of Michael Buble. I never really saw the Justin Timberlake similarities, except for the hairstyle maybe? scratch

Then I heard him sing and play the piano. OMG! You don't know how many times I re-watched that short clip of White Chocolate singing in Hollywood week. I thought Matt outsung everyone else in his group, including Kris. When he performed Georgia on My Mind, I thought he was miles above the rest, even the over-hyped Danny, Lil, Adam, etc. I love you

The real turning point for me was the first week of the finals. Most of the other contestants were either bland or terrible, but Matt stood out for me with his piano playing skills. Yes, I re-watched his Human Nature performance WAY TOO MANY TIMES that week. Embarassed I loved everything about it-- his hair, wardrobe, song choice, etc. Paula said she 'was blown away', and so was I! cheers After HN, I cared only for Matt's performances every week, and I voted for 2 hours straight! As the weeks went by, I came to love his personality more and more, so I wasn't being completely shallow! sunny So he is the TOTAL package in my book: looks, charisma, personality, and talent!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:13 pm

It was once I joined the boards and read all the Bad Girls stuff and the Giraud Squad stuff that I realized I was not alone...and that Matt's looks were growing on me too...and now it's too the Point where I find him as one of the sexiest, most handsome young men I've ever seen...and I think that because of the whole package....of Who Matt is. How he sings, how he likes to laugh and have fun, he likes to dance, he likes to entertain people, he is so passionate about his music and the way he plays that piano. I just love him. It wasn't one of those things were the first time I saw him I was like "OMG, who is that?" - and it may be because I'm a good bit older than Matt...but as I got to know him with each passing week and then seeing him in his interviews and on twitter, etc. Its something that has grown into a full grown crush, love, infactuation, obsession...whatever you want to call it.

LOVETHEMTIGERS...I could not have said it better then you did above^^^^^I LOVE how you worded all that..it was the same way for me!! And in fact when I saw my bestfriend of like 30 years a couple weeks ago I was telling her all about Matt and stuff because she NEVER watches Amer Idol and knows nothing about him but anyways I show her some pictures of him and she's like "well, he's ok..I mean its not like he's drop dead gorgeous"...I was like appalled! Razz I said OHHH but you just don't get it..you have to watch him and hear him sing and talk and he will be Capture your heart..I promise..well she did love his singing but she still isn't anywhere NEAR as excited about him as me!!! LOL I Swear Matt always says..Just let me play for you and I can make you like me...All he has to do is Sit there with a smile on his face and I LOVE HIM!!! then he opens his mouth to speak and I LOVE him even more!!! geek
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:03 pm

Quote :
Oh, come on lovethemtigers. Isn't there always time for Matt? Wink I have watched that Idolatry video at least 5 times, but I'm still not a Slezak fan. I prefer watching those Dish of Salt videos because Laura obviously was crushing on Matt, too. Embarassed I was already his fan, but I just loved how he became the center of attention during thay AH interview. Matt was the goofiest, the flirtiest, the messiest, the biggest complainer, etc. You clearly could tell that his fellow Idols loved hanging around with him.

Riley - believe me, I try to squeeze in as much Matt time as possible. But I am a mother of three, work part time, babysit inbetween my part time job, go to all star games all weekend, wash clothes, cook, do laundry, hangout with friends and family..so it gets hard...but any spare time at all ....here I am. I actually woke up with my hubby when he got up at 6:15 AM so that as soon as he left for work I would finally find time to catch up with Matt stuff since last Friday!!!!!!! That's why I wish I had internet on my phone...then hubby would have no clue, he'd just think I was texting or something! LOL
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:06 pm

CrAzY_4_MattyG wrote:
It was once I joined the boards and read all the Bad Girls stuff and the Giraud Squad stuff that I realized I was not alone...and that Matt's looks were growing on me too...and now it's too the Point where I find him as one of the sexiest, most handsome young men I've ever seen...and I think that because of the whole package....of Who Matt is. How he sings, how he likes to laugh and have fun, he likes to dance, he likes to entertain people, he is so passionate about his music and the way he plays that piano. I just love him. It wasn't one of those things were the first time I saw him I was like "OMG, who is that?" - and it may be because I'm a good bit older than Matt...but as I got to know him with each passing week and then seeing him in his interviews and on twitter, etc. Its something that has grown into a full grown crush, love, infactuation, obsession...whatever you want to call it.

LOVETHEMTIGERS...I could not have said it better then you did above^^^^^I LOVE how you worded all that..it was the same way for me!! And in fact when I saw my bestfriend of like 30 years a couple weeks ago I was telling her all about Matt and stuff because she NEVER watches Amer Idol and knows nothing about him but anyways I show her some pictures of him and she's like "well, he's ok..I mean its not like he's drop dead gorgeous"...I was like appalled! Razz I said OHHH but you just don't get it..you have to watch him and hear him sing and talk and he will be Capture your heart..I promise..well she did love his singing but she still isn't anywhere NEAR as excited about him as me!!! LOL I Swear Matt always says..Just let me play for you and I can make you like me...All he has to do is Sit there with a smile on his face and I LOVE HIM!!! then he opens his mouth to speak and I LOVE him even more!!! geek

I have a similar experience...except my friend is a HUGE Adam fan. It's crazy. She came over to my house one time and we drank wine and sat up all night long watching stuff on Adam and Matt...but I still couldn't turn her into a Matt fan. She likes Matt and did admit that he was "the second best singer on the show this year" behind Adam. Whatever?! But she hates Kris and Danny, so Matt is her next favorite. But she is so into Adam, it's kind of weird! LOL.....(I can't get a word in edge wise about Matt when I'm around her!!)

Another little story.. My Mom was all about Kris. She voted religiously for Kris every week. She came to visit me the week after Matt got voted off. Once she saw how into Matt I was she was like "I should have voted for Matt last week, I would have preferred for him to stay instead of Adam or Danny, but I don't know why I didn't".....uggghhhh...I should have kept calling her every week and convinced her to vote for Matt....because I'm her baby girl, she ususally likes whatever I like. Just like I turned her onto Chris Daughtry during Season 5. LOL.

And then after being at my house for about a week, one night we were all watching TV and someone was on (not Matt) with a fedora on and my Dad says over his newspaper "ya'll watching that man with the Hat on , AGAIN!?" LOL. After about 2 days they knew of my obsession. I didn't have to hide it from my parents. They don't care. But my hubby....different story, and my daughter - she'll think I've lost my marbles. (This is something for the intervention thread too!)

But yes, I am obsessed with the Dish of Salt vidoes - because I love seeing how into Matt that woman is...it's kind of like watching your favorite lead actor in a romantic lead........
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:40 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:
Quote :
Oh, come on lovethemtigers. Isn't there always time for Matt? Wink I have watched that Idolatry video at least 5 times, but I'm still not a Slezak fan. I prefer watching those Dish of Salt videos because Laura obviously was crushing on Matt, too. Embarassed I was already his fan, but I just loved how he became the center of attention during thay AH interview. Matt was the goofiest, the flirtiest, the messiest, the biggest complainer, etc. You clearly could tell that his fellow Idols loved hanging around with him.

Riley - believe me, I try to squeeze in as much Matt time as possible. But I am a mother of three, work part time, babysit inbetween my part time job, go to all star games all weekend, wash clothes, cook, do laundry, hangout with friends and family..so it gets hard...but any spare time at all ....here I am. I actually woke up with my hubby when he got up at 6:15 AM so that as soon as he left for work I would finally find time to catch up with Matt stuff since last Friday!!!!!!! That's why I wish I had internet on my phone...then hubby would have no clue, he'd just think I was texting or something! LOL

Oh I know just how you feel - its quite exhausting at times (know it may sound weird but if you miss a few hours or a day then already you'r way behind LOL) Especially because I'm not expected to want to spend so much time online Laughing
Tried to explain it to a friend the other day - the excitement of being a part of an online forum that have Matt in common and how I love to come here. She was just amazed and thought that it was kind of sad to want to communicate with people online that I don't know Shocked
WOW - Got to find a replacement for her LOL
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:01 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, I try to squeeze in as much "Matt Time" as possible. I do have the internet on my phone, but everything looks much better on my computer. You know, gotta have those Matt pictures in HIGH DEFINITION! Very Happy Maybe for your anniversary, birthday, or Christmas gift, you could ask for an iPhone or upgrade your cell phone. Just tell your hubby you need an internet-enabled phone to communicate with your friends. You can leave out the part about your friends being from a Matt Giraud fan club! Wink

It's hard to explain to someone who's not a Matt fan why you need to keep checking his Twitter account, search for new pics, watch his interviews, etc. It's amazing how much time we invest in him, but it's time well-spent, IMO! I love you Even though we might seem like we need an "intervention", I think the Glamberts are way more OBSESSED. They take over every American Idol blog and harrass anyone who comments that they don't like Adam. Some of them are nice, but others take it way too seriously. The Glamberts make The Claymates look absolutely subdued. Mad

Hey, I'm proud to be a Matt fan. We can be intense, without being disrespectful or annoying! cheers
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:34 am

cecilie wrote:
lovethemtigers wrote:
Quote :

Oh I know just how you feel - its quite exhausting at times (know it may sound weird but if you miss a few hours or a day then already you'r way behind LOL) Especially because I'm not expected to want to spend so much time online Laughing
Tried to explain it to a friend the other day - the excitement of being a part of an online forum that have Matt in common and how I love to come here. She was just amazed and thought that it was kind of sad to want to communicate with people online that I don't know Shocked

I know it's kind of strange. I try to explain it to people and they don't get it. I guess because there is no one I know personally face to face that I can talk to about matt. But this isn't the first time I've been part of a forum discussion. For 2 years I was obsessed with Pirates of the Carribean and Johnny Depp - so much so that somethings in my life fell through the cracks, so I am trying to keep this new obsession with Matt as much under control as possible. LOL. People kind of look at me strange when I tell them I participate in forums. scratch
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:34 pm

Don't you know it!! My best friend of 30+ years thinks I have "gone over the edge". She just doesn't get my Matt fascination/obsession/whateveration even though we both are total Idolmaniacs. We have always liked/rooted/voted for the same Idols each season until this one. She was just "okay" with this year's idols but just doesn't feel the same as I do about Matt. I have not given up on her yet, however! I did get her to watch the Idol MJ rebroadcast and she now at least feels Matt should have been top 3. Yay, progress! So now we are going to the show on July 7 and my goal is to get her to become a squaddie! Wish me luck! Laughing

Rest of the family just Rolling Eyes Thank goodness for this forum and you guys! Very Happy
_____________________________________________________________________________Giraud Squad #653
Matty G.~ My #1 Piano Man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?   CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAN WE JUST GO BACK IN TIME FOR A MIN?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt There is Nothing Small About You!-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com