HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 
 

 Matt's easily as talented as these guys!! What gives??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RachIP

avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 44
Location : Marysville, WA

PostSubject: Matt''s easily as talented as these guys!! What gives??   Wed May 13, 2009 2:51 am

OK, just had to share my thoughts after tonight's show...I was sitting there thinking (when I wasn't gagging over the massively vomitous over-inflated Adam worship) about what these guys could possibly have that has kept them there and Matt left. I did come up with one small thing, and it is a tiny concession I will make...at this stage in the game, these guys have to have nerves of steel. With this kind of pressure on, I cannot imagine how they can go out there and either hide them well, or be unaffected by nerves.

This is nothing against Matt or his talent, which we all know is undeniable, and I certainly don't blame him for being nervous under that pressure, especially when he got shredded for things that the others got praise for! He never knew whether they were going to throw him under the bus or praise him. (heck, I never knew either, which is why I was so nervous each week too!) But he admits freely that the nerves got the better of him, so if we have to come up with one possible reason why he has had to leave us, it might be those darned nerves. But that doesn't make me respect him any less or believe that he has any less talent than those 3 up there tonight! He deserves to be there too! However, that said, I'm glad he's been relieved from that stress and pressure. He's free to shine now...and he will.

Now, this may be a little OT, but am I just really biased this year, or is this god-awful, sickening praise-no-matter-what-you-do kind of pony show they've got going on this year for Adam worse than it's ever been with anyone else? There have been lots of talented contestants, and I've never sensed the show crowning the winner 12 weeks out like they have this time around, or giving him props even when he SUCKS!! Tonight's performances by Adam were just horrible. I actually liked the sound of his voice at the beginning of One until he had to start the screaming. (btw, I cannot imagine buying a whole album of that horrendous screeching). And then, on Cryin', he sounded flat and horrible the whole way through. And yet...no one would dare mention that. I think I could stomach him alot more, because he does seem like a basically nice guy, if it weren't for this joke they're calling judging this year. I can't roll my eyes and make gagging noises enough when they're talking after he's performed.

OK, sorry about the rant. Back to Matt...I'm also terribly frustrated when the judges give intense praise to them for "changing up the songs" and they never gave Matt enough credit for doing that. It just is so unjust...all of this. I will get over it and not be bitter (partly because I'm able to vent here!! Thanks!); however, it will help a whole lot if Matt has HUGE success post-Idol and Adam tanks b/c people start realizing how immensely Matt was underrated while Adam was overrated! This is my dream.

PS - Sorry to sound hateful toward Adam... though I really don't care for his style, I have nothing against him personally; I guess it's really just the show and the "beast" they've tried to create that makes the whole scenario so unbearable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Matt's easily as talented as these guys!! What gives??   Wed May 13, 2009 5:00 pm

Rach I feel the same towards Adam and American Idol. I think this season has totally jumped the shark. Especially after last night when Simon was pandering votes for Adam. It made me sick! What the hell they should have just crowned him during the top 36. I really think Adam seems like a great guy but I cannot stand his over the top performances and screechy voice. His facial expressions scare me! He belongs on a Broadway stage not in the recording studio. IMO he took the spot of someone like Matt who will be an amazing recording artist but I still believe he will even without the win!

_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
RachIP

avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 44
Location : Marysville, WA

PostSubject: Re: Matt's easily as talented as these guys!! What gives??   Wed May 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Jenna wrote:
Rach I feel the same towards Adam and American Idol. I think this season has totally jumped the shark. Especially after last night when Simon was pandering votes for Adam. It made me sick! What the hell they should have just crowned him during the top 36. I really think Adam seems like a great guy but I cannot stand his over the top performances and screechy voice. His facial expressions scare me! He belongs on a Broadway stage not in the recording studio. IMO he took the spot of someone like Matt who will be an amazing recording artist but I still believe he will even without the win!

Yeah, I almost puked when he did that. Just sick and wrong, it all is. And the way they go on and on, saying he's the most talented they've ever had, etc, etc, and other such total BS, it's just an insult to not only Matt and the other contestants from this season, but also all previous very talented contestants (think David Cook, Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice, and others).

Adam actually could have a beautiful voice if he would just sing straight, without the screaming. But he screams in every song, no matter what genre or tempo. And they call that so unique and original? I think it's the exact opposite! And you're right that it's just a huge injustice and a major tragic commentary on the taste of the general public that they worship someone like him and miss the talent of someone like Matt, who, if based on talent alone, should be the front runner right now, not Adam, even though Adam does have some ability and stage presence. Still, I think it's just doing the show no favors to basically have crowned the winner so early on. It makes everything must less interesting.

I just think this whole season has gone awry completely, and I don't know if I'm just seeing it that way b/c I'm so immensely biased in Matt's favor, or if it really is worse than it's ever been. I ask my husband as a casual viewer, but he just says he doesn't know (in a very annoyed and disinterested tone).

Anyway, like I said before, if there is any justice in this world, Matt will have an amazingly successful career after this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happy37



Posts : 12
Join date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Matt's easily as talented as these guys!! What gives??   Fri May 15, 2009 7:52 am

[Tonight's performances by Adam were just horrible. I actually liked the sound of his voice at the beginning of One until he had to start the screaming. quote]

I totally said the same thing. U2 is one of my top bands of all time. I sat outside for over 3 hours in the December cold, in order to get on the floor for the Vertigo concert. When he started singing One, I was scared, then he impressed me. It was pretty and sounded original and fantastic and then he started screaming. It is like that is what he HAS to do now. I think Adam has talent, but he has had to put of this like front that I don't like. He does not do screaming as well as people think he does. Roger Daltry, Steven Tyler: Yes they can scream and it be powerfull, emotional, and moving. Adam, it is a show. It is a show that I don't believe he needs, because he is better without it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cindyy

avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 33
Location : MA

PostSubject: Re: Matt's easily as talented as these guys!! What gives??   Fri May 15, 2009 7:56 am

All I know is, when Matt performs at the finale (and on tour) everyone will see who the REAL American Idol is. Very Happy



afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/cindsss
Janizzle

avatar

Posts : 233
Join date : 2009-05-13
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Matt's easily as talented as these guys!! What gives??   Fri May 15, 2009 8:09 am

Cindyy wrote:
All I know is, when Matt performs at the finale (and on tour) everyone will see who the REAL American Idol is. Very Happy



afro

I can't wait!! Hopefully he'll have a real moment, reminding me of Jason's Hallelujah reprise at last year's finale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myrna



Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Matt and Adam   Sat May 16, 2009 12:01 am

I think Adam screams quite nicely but I would get very tired of listening to screaming. Matt sings and plays and does them both very nicely. He was, in my opinion, so much more talented than the other contestants but the judges fell in love with Adam..and actually with Kris and that's all they could talk about so America voted for them because they obviously can't make up their own minds. I'm not even sure if American actually decides who goes home and who wins the whole thing. I really have doubts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lengski

avatar

Posts : 17
Join date : 2009-05-15
Age : 25
Location : Ontario

PostSubject: Re: Matt's easily as talented as these guys!! What gives??   Sun May 17, 2009 8:33 pm

RachIP wrote:
OK, just had to share my thoughts after tonight's show...I was sitting there thinking (when I wasn't gagging over the massively vomitous over-inflated Adam worship) about what these guys could possibly have that has kept them there and Matt left. I did come up with one small thing, and it is a tiny concession I will make...at this stage in the game, these guys have to have nerves of steel. With this kind of pressure on, I cannot imagine how they can go out there and either hide them well, or be unaffected by nerves.

This is nothing against Matt or his talent, which we all know is undeniable, and I certainly don't blame him for being nervous under that pressure, especially when he got shredded for things that the others got praise for! He never knew whether they were going to throw him under the bus or praise him. (heck, I never knew either, which is why I was so nervous each week too!) But he admits freely that the nerves got the better of him, so if we have to come up with one possible reason why he has had to leave us, it might be those darned nerves. But that doesn't make me respect him any less or believe that he has any less talent than those 3 up there tonight! He deserves to be there too! However, that said, I'm glad he's been relieved from that stress and pressure. He's free to shine now...and he will.

Now, this may be a little OT, but am I just really biased this year, or is this god-awful, sickening praise-no-matter-what-you-do kind of pony show they've got going on this year for Adam worse than it's ever been with anyone else? There have been lots of talented contestants, and I've never sensed the show crowning the winner 12 weeks out like they have this time around, or giving him props even when he SUCKS!! Tonight's performances by Adam were just horrible. I actually liked the sound of his voice at the beginning of One until he had to start the screaming. (btw, I cannot imagine buying a whole album of that horrendous screeching). And then, on Cryin', he sounded flat and horrible the whole way through. And yet...no one would dare mention that. I think I could stomach him alot more, because he does seem like a basically nice guy, if it weren't for this joke they're calling judging this year. I can't roll my eyes and make gagging noises enough when they're talking after he's performed.

OK, sorry about the rant. Back to Matt...I'm also terribly frustrated when the judges give intense praise to them for "changing up the songs" and they never gave Matt enough credit for doing that. It just is so unjust...all of this. I will get over it and not be bitter (partly because I'm able to vent here!! Thanks!); however, it will help a whole lot if Matt has HUGE success post-Idol and Adam tanks b/c people start realizing how immensely Matt was underrated while Adam was overrated! This is my dream.

PS - Sorry to sound hateful toward Adam... though I really don't care for his style, I have nothing against him personally; I guess it's really just the show and the "beast" they've tried to create that makes the whole scenario so unbearable.

I agree with everything said here. I really don't have that much to add (except maybe join the rant). Hehe. Anyway, I think this is the very first season where there was a contestant with absolutely no flaws in the judges eyes. Melinda DooLittle had extraordinary vocals too, and Simon adored her, but there came at least one point where he had criticized her. For Adam Lambert, that had never (and I don't think it will ever) happen. I don't know what has gotten into these jduges; I think that they have actually molded Adam into such an icon that saying something against him would shock and cause controversy in America. Not like that has not been happening all along; Adam Lambert is basically controversy himself. I don't know where all the hype came from; he was not the only vocally adequate contestant there and definitely not the best they had over all the seasons combined. I think it might have been his looks and edge put together. Since he looks like a Jonas Brother and had been compared to Edward Cullen earlier in the season... well, those two are pretty much the biggest fads nowadays (lol, totally my own theory Very Happy , but I think it could be plausible...). His edge helps him propel above the bunch too. Many girls like edgy guys... with guyliner, and black leather jackets... -__-

I also think that Matt got the short end of the stick here in this season. He was thrown under the bus too many times, again for things that other people got praise for. For example, the judges are constantly nagging about changing up the arrangement for the songs so that they could be original. Matt got criticized for changing up "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" (alright, except for that note maybe...), and "You Found Me". Even worse, the judges told him for YFM that it was a copy-cat/ sound-alike of the original. Are you kidding me? They're just grabbing things out of the blue so that others could shine more than him. And besides, how many times did Danny Gokey change the arrangement of his songs (nothing against him though; I like him ^^) and get criticized? Uhm, about none! Firstly, because he rarely change the arrangements, and secondly, he still get praised for his (clearly unoriginal) performances.

I've always wondered about this one though, and I need to know what you guys think. Do you guys think that the save had helped or hurt Matt in the end? I know that it allowed him to stay two more weeks in the competition (and made at least Top 5; that's *very* important after all), but it seems as if the save is being used against him all the time. I've seen very unpleasant comments everywhere about him not deserving it, and the judges only using it for him so that they could get rid of Lil or Anoop. Anoop fans especially are upset about all of that.

Also, what do you guys think of the JT comparison. Honestly, I don't see it; I have never seen it. I thought he looked like Buble. It's really more like a left-or-right matter, because on one side, you have the JT fans who adore him, and then you have the JT haters who dislike him. Does it work to his advantage? Personally, I'd rather not compare Matt to JT, because he doesn't even want to make similar music, nor could there really be two JT's in the industry. *shrugs*... okay, I'll stop talking now... it seems as if I wrote so much. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RachIP

avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 44
Location : Marysville, WA

PostSubject: Re: Matt's easily as talented as these guys!! What gives??   Mon May 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Lengski wrote:
RachIP wrote:
OK, just had to share my thoughts after tonight's show...I was sitting there thinking (when I wasn't gagging over the massively vomitous over-inflated Adam worship) about what these guys could possibly have that has kept them there and Matt left. I did come up with one small thing, and it is a tiny concession I will make...at this stage in the game, these guys have to have nerves of steel. With this kind of pressure on, I cannot imagine how they can go out there and either hide them well, or be unaffected by nerves.

This is nothing against Matt or his talent, which we all know is undeniable, and I certainly don't blame him for being nervous under that pressure, especially when he got shredded for things that the others got praise for! He never knew whether they were going to throw him under the bus or praise him. (heck, I never knew either, which is why I was so nervous each week too!) But he admits freely that the nerves got the better of him, so if we have to come up with one possible reason why he has had to leave us, it might be those darned nerves. But that doesn't make me respect him any less or believe that he has any less talent than those 3 up there tonight! He deserves to be there too! However, that said, I'm glad he's been relieved from that stress and pressure. He's free to shine now...and he will.

Now, this may be a little OT, but am I just really biased this year, or is this god-awful, sickening praise-no-matter-what-you-do kind of pony show they've got going on this year for Adam worse than it's ever been with anyone else? There have been lots of talented contestants, and I've never sensed the show crowning the winner 12 weeks out like they have this time around, or giving him props even when he SUCKS!! Tonight's performances by Adam were just horrible. I actually liked the sound of his voice at the beginning of One until he had to start the screaming. (btw, I cannot imagine buying a whole album of that horrendous screeching). And then, on Cryin', he sounded flat and horrible the whole way through. And yet...no one would dare mention that. I think I could stomach him alot more, because he does seem like a basically nice guy, if it weren't for this joke they're calling judging this year. I can't roll my eyes and make gagging noises enough when they're talking after he's performed.

OK, sorry about the rant. Back to Matt...I'm also terribly frustrated when the judges give intense praise to them for "changing up the songs" and they never gave Matt enough credit for doing that. It just is so unjust...all of this. I will get over it and not be bitter (partly because I'm able to vent here!! Thanks!); however, it will help a whole lot if Matt has HUGE success post-Idol and Adam tanks b/c people start realizing how immensely Matt was underrated while Adam was overrated! This is my dream.

PS - Sorry to sound hateful toward Adam... though I really don't care for his style, I have nothing against him personally; I guess it's really just the show and the "beast" they've tried to create that makes the whole scenario so unbearable.

I agree with everything said here. I really don't have that much to add (except maybe join the rant). Hehe. Anyway, I think this is the very first season where there was a contestant with absolutely no flaws in the judges eyes. Melinda DooLittle had extraordinary vocals too, and Simon adored her, but there came at least one point where he had criticized her. For Adam Lambert, that had never (and I don't think it will ever) happen. I don't know what has gotten into these jduges; I think that they have actually molded Adam into such an icon that saying something against him would shock and cause controversy in America. Not like that has not been happening all along; Adam Lambert is basically controversy himself. I don't know where all the hype came from; he was not the only vocally adequate contestant there and definitely not the best they had over all the seasons combined. I think it might have been his looks and edge put together. Since he looks like a Jonas Brother and had been compared to Edward Cullen earlier in the season... well, those two are pretty much the biggest fads nowadays (lol, totally my own theory Very Happy , but I think it could be plausible...). His edge helps him propel above the bunch too. Many girls like edgy guys... with guyliner, and black leather jackets... -__-

I also think that Matt got the short end of the stick here in this season. He was thrown under the bus too many times, again for things that other people got praise for. For example, the judges are constantly nagging about changing up the arrangement for the songs so that they could be original. Matt got criticized for changing up "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" (alright, except for that note maybe...), and "You Found Me". Even worse, the judges told him for YFM that it was a copy-cat/ sound-alike of the original. Are you kidding me? They're just grabbing things out of the blue so that others could shine more than him. And besides, how many times did Danny Gokey change the arrangement of his songs (nothing against him though; I like him ^^) and get criticized? Uhm, about none! Firstly, because he rarely change the arrangements, and secondly, he still get praised for his (clearly unoriginal) performances.

I've always wondered about this one though, and I need to know what you guys think. Do you guys think that the save had helped or hurt Matt in the end? I know that it allowed him to stay two more weeks in the competition (and made at least Top 5; that's *very* important after all), but it seems as if the save is being used against him all the time. I've seen very unpleasant comments everywhere about him not deserving it, and the judges only using it for him so that they could get rid of Lil or Anoop. Anoop fans especially are upset about all of that.

Also, what do you guys think of the JT comparison. Honestly, I don't see it; I have never seen it. I thought he looked like Buble. It's really more like a left-or-right matter, because on one side, you have the JT fans who adore him, and then you have the JT haters who dislike him. Does it work to his advantage? Personally, I'd rather not compare Matt to JT, because he doesn't even want to make similar music, nor could there really be two JT's in the industry. *shrugs*... okay, I'll stop talking now... it seems as if I wrote so much. Embarassed

The bolded part just sums it all up. For whatever reason, the most talented, versatile & marketable one there this season was not recognized. But I'm just believing that it was all for the best in the long run. I don't know why things turned out the way they did; I sometimes really wish he could've got all the massive "can-do-no-wrong-no-matter-what" praise that Adam & Danny got...but unfortunately it didn't work out that way. Fortunately, he's a great guy, gracious & mature about the experience, and I think he'll get his when he gets out into the real world and achieves success on his own terms. I'm really looking forward to that, for his sake! And so that I get to have a whole album of his amazing music! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Matt's easily as talented as these guys!! What gives??   

Back to top Go down
 
Matt's easily as talented as these guys!! What gives??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» So What's happening, guys??!!
» IGGY & STOOGES + 7 MORE FOR MATT GROENING ATP
» Matt Smith - Ghost
» Matt Gimmick
» You guys still game?!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Basket-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum