Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

The Portland Oregon Show!

Go down 
+17
Riley 9
mattyfan
Janizzle
sgr91
lymon15
graciecat
cranberry
cecilie
Lana
Lisa_M
flicker
asianmegan
mero17
lumma
RachIP
mattyg93
Jenna
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
RachIP

RachIP

The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:46 pm

Hey Jenna, I hear ya about You Found Me...I love the song but I agree that it does seem to be a hard one to sing live. Plus it's not exactly what you would call an upbeat "crowd pleaser" song, both in lyrics & music...but still, I'm saddened to think that even some of his fans didn't care for a song he picked...don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate what you're saying....it's just that I wish that all 3 songs would be a HUGE hit...I don't want anyone to feel that any of his songs were anything less than super stellar!

Plus, the song choices are what they are at this point, right? I mean, he can't change and pick another song, because they've already rehearsed these...no time to rehearse a new one...so I just hope that he will do what you mentioned..sing it less like The Fray guy and more like Matt. I want him to get nothing but rave reviews on everything he does!

He's definitely a risk taker, and I completely applaud him for being willing to go out on a limb and showcase his versatility. And even though YFM may be the least favorite of the 3, I still think it was good.
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Matty is definetly Hard to Handle-- because he is just so dang hot!! He killed that song and the dancing ....just sayin'! (Hoping for dem pants return tomorrow in Tacoma! Very Happy )

Totally agree -93, Matt has got to get a record deal now--- No way can this guy be ignored!!

Maybe he will go more studio version for YFM from now on...Love that version so much! Better than the Fray I think!

I'm a cougar but boy that Matty has me thinking.... (fanning self!)
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:14 pm

graciecat wrote:
Matty is definetly Hard to Handle-- because he is just so dang hot!! He killed that song and the dancing ....just sayin'! (Hoping for dem pants return tomorrow in Tacoma! Very Happy )

Totally agree -93, Matt has got to get a record deal now--- No way can this guy be ignored!!

Maybe he will go more studio version for YFM from now on...Love that version so much! Better than the Fray I think!

I'm a cougar but boy that Matty has me thinking.... (fanning self!)

YAY - and we're proud ( Embarassed hmmm!)
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:20 pm

cranberry wrote:
lumma wrote:
Woo hoo, fresh from you tube.

cheers Amazing performance! In every way!
The only thing missing is the camera angles from the other side when he plays the piano..and yes I need a cold shower. Twisted Evil

WUUT - YAY cranberry is back i action - missed U!
Hope that you had (are having) a great vacation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Now that one show is done and there's many more coming up......I was wondering if anyone could let me know what time they would suggest me getting to the venue before and how late to stay afterwards??? I've never done anything like this before and would LOOOOVE a chance to say hi to Matt Very Happy Plus, I have yet to hear back from anyone going to the Baltimore, MD show either Sad And I may have an extra ticket for another fellow FTL, BG, Giraud Squad lover......
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
RachIP

RachIP

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:50 pm

megannn wrote:
Now that one show is done and there's many more coming up......I was wondering if anyone could let me know what time they would suggest me getting to the venue before and how late to stay afterwards??? I've never done anything like this before and would LOOOOVE a chance to say hi to Matt Very Happy Plus, I have yet to hear back from anyone going to the Baltimore, MD show either Sad And I may have an extra ticket for another fellow FTL, BG, Giraud Squad lover......

Ah, dang, I wish I lived in Baltimore!!! Unfortunately, I'm all the way on the other side of the country....wish I could see the show with another Giraud Squadder though!
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:00 pm

Jenna wrote:
Umm this one basically sucks because for some reason matt isn't shown singing but you can see him playing the piano for a little bit. I'll be pissed if he didn't get to sing a line for Pete's sake. It seemed like the beginning of the song? Mad

Hopefully, the beginning just didn't get recorded!!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:12 pm

http://myidol.americanidol.com/go/thread/view/32575/18401476/75__PORTLAND_OR__Post_Your_Reviews

Quote :
Was at the concert yesterday. I guess I will call it "pleasant." The singers pretty much performed in the order in which they were eliminated. So the second part of the concert was better than the first. Suprises from the first half - Scott was very good, as was Matt. The rest - meh.

LOL not very much but Matt seemed to win over this person!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Found this on the Seattle Times website. Link is too big to post

The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 Tourpic

Last edited by Jenna on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:21 pm

megannn wrote:

Oh man..u are tempting me. Maybe I should do as Crazy4Mattyg told me to - wave bye, bye to hubby and family and GET ON BOARD that plan from little Denmark LOL bounce
Back to top Go down
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 pm

cecilie wrote:
megannn wrote:

Oh man..u are tempting me. Maybe I should do as Crazy4Mattyg told me to - wave bye, bye to hubby and family and GET ON BOARD that plan from little Denmark LOL bounce

AND cecilie & RachIP it's 20 rows back, center stage cheers Soooo someone has to pleaaase help me out!!!! The boyfriend agreed to go, but I would prefer him not to Laughing He already thinks I'm craaaazy bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:12 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/music/index.ssf/2009/07/review_american_idol_tour_hits_portland.html

Quote :
Matt Giraud got fans to their feet with a balance of rock, schlock and fun during "Hard to Handle" and showed he's a showman to be reckoned with, despite the questionable "live" delivery of "You Found Me."

Oh damn I hope he fixes this problem. Matt just sing from your heart don't try and be Issac Slade. You are a much better vocalist!

Seems he made a great song choice with HTH! cheers Still think he should close the set with HTH and not You Found Me.
Back to top Go down
RachIP

RachIP

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:34 pm

megannn wrote:
cecilie wrote:
megannn wrote:

AND cecilie & RachIP it's 20 rows back, center stage cheers Soooo someone has to pleaaase help me out!!!! The boyfriend agreed to go, but I would prefer him not to Laughing He already thinks I'm craaaazy bounce

Hey, like I said, if I were in Baltimore, I'd love it! Smile
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:38 pm

Jenna wrote:
Found this on the Seattle Times website. Link is too big to post

The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 Tourpic

OMG! I love that pic! He looks so HOT and cute and sexy at the same time.
I think I am in minority here but I think he looks better without the hats. He looks so manly.
Love him.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Now that one show is done and there's many more coming up......I was wondering if anyone could let me know what time they would suggest me getting to the venue before and how late to stay afterwards??? I've never done anything like this before and would LOOOOVE a chance to say hi to Matt Plus, I have yet to hear back from anyone going to the Baltimore, MD show either And I may have an extra ticket for another fellow FTL, BG, Giraud Squad lover......

WOW..now I'm really crazy cuz I'm sitting here thinking OK..how long would it take me to get to Maryland from Ft. Wayne, IN...Megannn how much are you wanting for that ticket anyways?? and when is the Baltimore show??? Embarassed Razz (by the way I also agree you shouldn't go with the boyfriend..lol)
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:07 pm

cecilie wrote:
megannn wrote:

If you hurry Cecilie- you can stay with me and go see Matty in Tacoma tomorrow!! lol!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:15 pm

graciecat wrote:
cecilie wrote:
megannn wrote:

If you hurry Cecilie- you can stay with me and go see Matty in Tacoma tomorrow!! lol!

STOP IT!! I am getting all tingly inside just thinking about it - oh man I think I missed my teenage years somehow and it is hitting me hard now LOL
Are you really going tomorrow???
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Georgia   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:22 pm

OMG - the audio on this youtube vid is amazing - don't know if anybody did upload this - but MAN take a listen lol. Much better than the other one
CHILLS everywhere - he sounds amazing bounce

Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:26 pm

cecilie wrote:
OMG - the audio on this youtube vid is amazing - don't know if anybody did upload this - but MAN take a listen lol. Much better than the other one
CHILLS everywhere - he sounds amazing bounce

PLZ someone - can't remember who did this the last time - can u make it into a mp3?!?!
Oh HE IS AMAZING OMG, OMG, OMG LISTEN to this
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Thank you cecilie. The sound is really good!!! Matt sang this song perfectly from the beginning to the very end.
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:37 pm

oh! I don't know why but I teared up watching this!! My mom passed my room and now thinks I'm crazy!!!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:46 pm

mero17 wrote:
oh! I don't know why but I teared up watching this!! My mom passed my room and now thinks I'm crazy!!!

U R not crazy - I had the exact same reaction and I'm sitting next to my hubby - who now thinks that I've have the summer-flu LOL
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:52 pm

cecilie wrote:
mero17 wrote:

U R not crazy - I had the exact same reaction and I'm sitting next to my hubby - who now thinks that I've have the summer-flu LOL

hahahahahaha........They don't get it!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lymon15

lymon15

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:53 pm

i watched the videos and my favorite is Hard to Handle. I absoluytely love it!!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:04 pm

Can't remember if Jenna already posted this - but this is what they wrote on Matt on Rollingstone.com

Quote :
The Idol groove continued with a charismatic Matt Giraud, who got the crowd moving with his piano-pounding version of Otis Redding’s “Hard to Handle,” then paid tribute to another soul great with an outstanding “Georgia on My Mind,” giving his elastic voice the full workout, from raspy growl to falsetto.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/07/06/adam-lambert-kris-allen-hit-the-stage-again-as-american-idols-live-tour-kicks-off-in-portland/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Portland Oregon Show!
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next