HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

The Vancouver, Canada Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:35 am

JKRio wrote:
From someone who lives miles away from USA, all my thanks to you Jenna and to the rest of Matt's fans here on the forum. Thanks for all the updates.

I'm so happy that Matt got good reviews. He's a great guy with so many talents. All my prayers to Matt and his future.
By the look of it, I'm pretty sure records deals are on the talks right now. With the right song and great management team, I think Matt will soar high. Can't wait for it to happen Smile

I was searching for uploads on youtube also but there's none Sad

I know this is so depressing! Someone there had to take video of Matt! I really wanted to hear his performances as he sounded amazing on the cellcert. Well I have to go to work for a few hours. Hopefully someone can take over the search and find us some video! Very Happy

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:40 am

Yay for the great reviews! I am loving hearing the responses to his passion-filled music. When he played So Small on Top 11, I was there - and it was electric in the audience. Seriously, it was like a match lighting gasoline - boom! I can't wait to see HTH - I know it will feel even more intense because of the size of the audience - one big explosion! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:54 am

Jenna wrote:
Just a comment..

Isn't it weird that all the people are gushing about what an amazing piano player Matt is and not Scott so much? I mean Scott has been classically trained for many many years and our Matt has never even had a lesson. Yup Matt is an amazing musician!

It's not weird at all, Jenna! I completely agree. Just because you train to do something for years doesn't mean you are the best at it. Sometimes people just have an innate ability to do things. I mean, I was honestly more taken with Allison owning that stage than I was with Adam. She had a charisma and ease on stage that you can't fake. Adam seemed so manufactured, and the artifice and lighting and smoke and crap just came off as an overcompensation. I couldn't even bear his entire set!

What I'm getting at is, Matt has that same charisma and ease that Ali does. They were both just born to be doing what they are doing. They may not be the "hottest" like Kris or Megan, and they may not have all the "proper training" like Scott and Adam, but what they DO have, ie: God-given talent, is miles more appealing and entertaining than anything that can be taught or posed into a pretty picture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:00 pm

From MJ's

Quote :
Matt Giraud: Big cheers. The floor section is still on their feet. More people up all over the stadium. Wow, I’m impressed. I was worried about “Hard to Handle” for him (for me, for him), but no need. He’s rockin’ it. I think I’ve used the word “rockin’” a few too many times already, and the show’s only half over. Here comes the piano rising out of the stage. Sounds really good. He nailed that falsetto. WTG, Matt. The crowd loves it.

I agree Ovenmitt with all that you said and that was actually what I was going for in my post but it was late and I was exhausted so I got lazy and didn't finish it.

Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:20 pm

Jenna wrote:
From MJ's

Quote :
Matt Giraud: Big cheers. The floor section is still on their feet. More people up all over the stadium. Wow, I’m impressed. I was worried about “Hard to Handle” for him (for me, for him), but no need. He’s rockin’ it. I think I’ve used the word “rockin’” a few too many times already, and the show’s only half over. Here comes the piano rising out of the stage. Sounds really good. He nailed that falsetto. WTG, Matt. The crowd loves it.

I agree Ovenmitt with all that you said and that was actually what I was going for in my post but it was late and I was exhausted so I got lazy and didn't finish it.

It's all good Jenna. I'm picking up what you're putting down!

BTW, I have to say that I'm absolutely ADORING all of these great comments people are making about Matt. Thank God for social networking. I just knew from the Portland show that this would be a turning point for Matt, and it looks like my hunch was correct. He's getting better every show, and the raves are pouring in. All I heard on Sunday was Adam, Ali and Matt talk. Which, in my opinion, was the top three that SHOULD have been. Matt is getting credit at the right time, though. I really think he dodged a bullet by not going further on the show. Look at Kris: he's already one foot under the bus! I didn't even stay to watch his set! What does this kind of stuff say about his future? Yikes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:28 pm

OvenMitt:
Quote :
Matt is getting credit at the right time, though. I really think he dodged a bullet by not going further on the show. Look at Kris: he's already one foot under the bus!

I agree with this 100%. I'd much rather see Matt surprising people now with how good he really is, than to have him continually compared to Adam. People who are dazzled by Adam can't seem to see past him. It's like they are blinded by his flash, but I don't think he has a lot of substance. Unlike Matt, who is very meaty, in more ways than one. Wink

And I hadn't really thought about this yet, but it's funny how there's so very little buzz about Danny this week. Is it because he sings after intermission with the holy trinity Kradison? Or maybe that he peaked during the show, and he doesn't bring any surprises, or anything all that special (IMO).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:43 pm

flicker wrote:
OvenMitt:
Quote :
Matt is getting credit at the right time, though. I really think he dodged a bullet by not going further on the show. Look at Kris: he's already one foot under the bus!

I agree with this 100%. I'd much rather see Matt surprising people now with how good he really is, than to have him continually compared to Adam. People who are dazzled by Adam can't seem to see past him. It's like they are blinded by his flash, but I don't think he has a lot of substance. Unlike Matt, who is very meaty, in more ways than one.

And I hadn't really thought about this yet, but it's funny how there's so very little buzz about Danny this week. Is it because he sings after intermission with the holy trinity Kradison? Or maybe that he peaked during the show, and he doesn't bring any surprises, or anything all that special (IMO).

Maybe it's because Danny's set was kind of confusing. He did Latin, he did country, and he did a hinging on inappropriate version of PYT. I say inappropriate because it's such a sexy song, so close to MJ's death. It just felt weird to me. And the country fest came out of nowhere for most people. We serious fans know all about Danny's talks with Arista Nashville, but the general population of concertgoers most likely does not. They were probably wondering why Danny was doing country, while Sarver was doing Ne-Yo! And then with the preaching and jawing on about his wife during his set....it was overload. I just don't think things are going to gel for Danny in his post-Idol career. He's another Taylor Hicks: popular personality, but too unmarketable musically. But that, of course, is just my opinion. Curse of the Third.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Found on twitter...

Quote :
yes security was really strict. this security dude even thought that my sis was taking a video when she was just taking a pic. ha!

Maybe this is why we haven't seen any video's for Matt but then again the Adam fans were able to take some. I really hope we start getting more video.

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:51 pm

What a MAN he is! cheers Cranberry found this picture. From MJ's.

Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:54 pm

P.S. Jenna....

The armband? Hot! And I can only imagine what the "WAAAAAAY too tight" pants must have looked like. Dayum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:02 pm

He sure is the most natural man I've seen in a long, long time.

Agree, love the arm garter, and you do have to wonder about the other pants.....

Oh, and Anastasia posted this pic. She's the Adam fan who posted a long recap of the Vancouver show, with the nice comment about Matt (someone posted it a little while ago). Last week, she posted that she expected HTH to be a train wreck, but Matt changed her mind! Smile

Last edited by flicker on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:02 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
P.S. Jenna....

The armband? Hot! And I can only imagine what the "WAAAAAAY too tight" pants must have looked like. Dayum.

I love the armband...very sexy! And the pants well who wouldn't love them!

Back to top Go down
mero17

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:05 pm

OMG!!! That pic...... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:22 pm

Jenna wrote:
Found on twitter...

Quote :
yes security was really strict. this security dude even thought that my sis was taking a video when she was just taking a pic. ha!

Maybe this is why we haven't seen any video's for Matt but then again the Adam fans were able to take some. I really hope we start getting more video.

OMG! I am drooling over that latest pic. I guess NOTHING comes between Matt and his jeans (or slacks in this case). Shocked There should be a warning on the concert tickets: DANGER: MATT GIRAUD'S PANTS MAY CAUSE YOU TO SWOON UNEXPECTEDLY. 19E AND THIS VENUE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES INCURRED DURING MATT'S SONGS Razz

For anyone going to a future Idol concert, make sure your seats are BEHIND THE PIANO! Very Happy

[YAY! This my 100th post here.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Jenna wrote:

What a MAN he is! cheers Cranberry found this picture. From MJ's.

Um so pardon my language, but.......HOLY SHIT!!!!!! Whoever took this pic seriously needs to frame it and make it lifelike Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:32 pm

I was LMAO watching that video of Matt doing his "Pinocchio dance". No wonder he's quickly becoming the fan favorite on tour. I'm glad Danny decided not to do his version of the dance. No one does it better than our Matty! Oh, and those jeans in that video were tight in all the right places! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:00 pm

From Kirsten's awesome recap at mjsbig blog -- note - Kirsten is the person who posts all the download/sales statistics at mjs. She is clear-eyed and fair. During the AI season, she was never a fan of Matt's voice, but she could see the level of his talent and knew that his nerves were holding him back. She thinks he is a better piano player than Scott. Also she is a Kris fan, and doesn't particularly like Adam. Strange, but true, lol

Quote :
So, how do we follow up Anoop’s great set? they bring out Matt to tear up the stage. Who is this guy? Where did he come from? Well, I think I saw a kernel of this guy when he was on the show. The guy who was gutted by his disastrous “Viva La Vida” and never regained his confidence. The guy who turned every song into singing-trick-goulash. The guy who was a ball of nerves. That guy was gone, replaced with the guy I think AI wanted Matt to be. Matt was here. Matt was there. Matt was everywhere. He was singing. He was dancing. He was playing the crap out of the piano. People around me spent a lot of the intermission talking about his performance of “Hard to Handle”. Heck, people were still talking about it after the concert. That was an amazing performance. “Georgia” was heartfelt and wonderful. “You Found Me” seemed a letdown from the other two. It was still good, but it just did not have the power of the other two performances. Perhaps it is the hats. They contain Matt Kryptonite. Or Perhaps Kara is right and “The Fray” is not for him. In any event, the first song of the set was enough to wipe out the last song from the audience’s collective memory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Yay!! another great review from someone who was at the Vancouver show! Thanks Flicker!!
Woot Woot!! Matt is really working it! I must say that I am actually Kinda surprised that he is getting such high Praise, not becuase I thought he couldn't do it, but because I really did not expect people to give him all the credit he deserves. But Man, Matt is gaining more support and new fans with every show. I am more and more confident that A record Label will take notice, and we will have news of a signing by the end of this tour cheers

Last edited by Lana on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:36 pm

I agree with this 100%. I'd much rather see Matt surprising people now with how good he really is, than to have him continually compared to Adam. People who are dazzled by Adam can't seem to see past him. It's like they are blinded by his flash, but I don't think he has a lot of substance. Unlike Matt, who is very meaty, in more ways than one.

I so agree with you about Adam..He has no charm or original personality at all..he's just a "gimick" basically the "in" thing for now and will fade away like all the others..Matt has STAYING power because he is just REAL and HIMSELF ...plus on top of that he is Hell'uv loaded with TALENT!! Love the "meaty" remark!! Lov'n me some Matty Thighs and Butt!!

and Danny..what can i say..Poor Danny..He doesn't know what he wants in life..haha..I think he should just go start his designing of glasses because he is absolutely nothing special..he sings good but its just plain and average! Matt Rocks!! I love you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Jenna wrote:
Yay another great review! Keep it coming Matt!

http://www.theprovince.com/Entertainment/Idols+living+their+American+Dream+kind+sweet/1772472/story.html

Quote :
Michigan-born Matt Giraud was the first performer to look like a viable recording artist. The crowd, full of families, middle-aged women and pre-teens, swooned collectively when he bust out some slick piano skills during a stirring performance of “Georgia on my Mind.”

This made me feel so happy! You guys he can do this. If he keeps getting reviews like this and performing like he has been he just has to get signed!

Damn it he belongs performing in the second half not with Scott, Michael, and Megan, Lil, and Anoop. He is just as talented as the top 4 and more talented than a few of them!

Oh this is happy reading!! I love it when others see and aknowledge his artistry (please don't do this yobi tv - please, please)

I don't get why they are divided into the "top4" and the "bottom6" Evil or Very Mad
They are the top 10 and I hate that this (and the way the others get more songs) is just underlining the way they were rated at the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:51 pm

Sorry guys this is kinda off topic, But I just found this petition to get Matt a record deal. it currently has 106 signatures, so if you haven't signed yet, I thought Maybe you could. I really don't know how much impact this will have, but it seems like a really good way for Matt's fans to ban together and get the news out that we are very much still invested in getting him signed.

Here is a link to the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/gogiraud/petition.html

BTW: it is for Atlantic records, I was pushing more for Epic or Columbia, but any deal at this point would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Jenna wrote:
LOL Matt doing his Pinocchio Dance

Is that our shirt Matt is wearing underneath the dorky but cute cardigan?

Oh man HE IS WEARING our t-shirt. I mean I've rewinded several times and he is really wearing THE t-shirt. We should ask him on twitter - We signed as the giraud squad right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:57 pm

flicker wrote:
Here's a nice mention in a Vancouver review:

Quote :
Michigan-born Matt Giraud was the first performer to look like a viable recording artist. The crowd, full of families, middle-aged women and pre-teens, swooned collectively when he bust out some slick piano skills during a stirring performance of “Georgia on my Mind.”

http://www.theprovince.com/Entertainment/Idols+living+their+American+Dream+kind+sweet/1772472/story.html

And, Jenna, I think Matt is wearing his Ed Hardy shirt in the vid. I paused it and can see the writing a little more clearly. He wore it somewhere before, maybe disneyland. I'd love to see him in our shirt!

URGh - I think that you'r right - I wanted him so badly to be wearing this shirt that my eyes played a trick on me LOL lol! Looking more closely now I have to say that flicker is right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Riley 9 wrote:

OMG! I am drooling over that latest pic. I guess NOTHING comes between Matt and his jeans (or slacks in this case). Shocked There should be a warning on the concert tickets: DANGER: MATT GIRAUD'S PANTS MAY CAUSE YOU TO SWOON UNEXPECTEDLY. 19E AND THIS VENUE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES INCURRED DURING MATT'S SONGS Razz

For anyone going to a future Idol concert, make sure your seats are BEHIND THE PIANO! Very Happy

[YAY! This my 100th post here.]

OMG I laughed so hard at this - Yeah he is a danger to your health and sanity - thx Riley loved that comment Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:10 pm

Lana wrote:
Yay!! another great review from someone who was at the Vancouver show! Thanks Flicker!!
Woot Woot!! Matt is really working it! I must say that I am actually Kinda surprised that he is getting such high Praise, not becuase I thought he couldn't do it, but because I really did not expect people to give him all the credit he deserves. But Man, Matt is gaining more support and new fans with every show. I am more and more confident that A record Label will take notice, and we will have news of a signing by the end of this tour cheers

I agree - I love that he didn't "peek" to soon and now is winning fans over - YAY - want him to get signed - and that is why (oh, here I go again) me no likey the YOBI thing - sorry guys urgh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vancouver, Canada Show   

Back to top Go down

The Vancouver, Canada Show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next