Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott

Go down 
+4
Lana
macigirl
OvenMitt
Jenna
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott Empty
PostSubject: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:45 am

http://idol-thoughts.com/talent//index.php?option=com_mojo&p=343

Quote :

What is the record label situation for you?

We are under contract with 19 through Aug. 20, so I can’t sign anything until then. But I’ve received a lot of interest from, I can’t mention who, but some major labels and a lot of publisher interest. But I have to wait. There’s interest, but all it can be is talk. I’m putting myself in a position where once Aug. 20 hits, I will be ready and know who I’m signing with. I’m doing my best to make calls on the road and get stuff set up for when the time is right. If fans want to hear what I’m up to, I have some new music up on www.myspace.com/scottmacintyre.

Then it has to be true for Matt as well!

Last edited by Jenna on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:53 am

Ha! I was JUST talking about this on Twitter. Yeah, I agree with you Jenna. Matt must have some offers on the table, as he has been playing and performing circles around Scott nightly. Scott just isn't as discreet about all of it. I would imagine that, if offers are being made to Scott, they might be more along the lines of writing or producing, not so much with the performing. Come on, Scott being more marketable than Matt? Never. I feel like when he and Danny go on and on about these meetings they are having, it's like they keep trying to convince the record execs that they are worthy of being signed. Matt doesn't need to grovel; his talent speaks for itself. Again, it's a case of put up or shut up. You can talk all day about meetings and offers, but if you aren't performing to the level where that talk can be justified, it's just alot of hot air blowing.
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:08 pm

And Lil has Twitter now and tweeted "very important business meeting" on July 14th.

Matt is too discreet and smart to be laying hints out there like Scott, Danny and Lil. But I know that he has things happening just like them. But talk is talk and he has been burned already....(the FINALE!). I always felt it must have been so hard for him to have to delete his excited tweet about performing on the finale. So I am sure he is being cautious.

(I took the day off work to get some things done. I've been sitting at the computer for 3 hours! So as long as I consider ogling Matt "getting things done", than I am OK) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:32 pm

So apparently the journalist will be talking with each idol one on one and is asking readers to post their question for their idol.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b134116_american_idols_scott_macintyre_talks.html
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Gosh I just read about this!!! I didn't know whether to be upset becuase Scott is obviously doing a lot of the things I want Matt to be doing, or happy for Scott because he does work really hard??

And he is also in the middle of writing for his CD that will be released this Fall??

Are you able to work on your music for your upcoming CD on the road?
Not so much, but we have a few days off in Arizona, where I'm from, and I plan to get in the studio to work on it then. That's what I miss about home the most: writing and recording my own music because I'm in the middle of producing the CD that will be coming out in the fall.

As far as LIl, I remember reading that and going WTF? IDk what this means exactly, but I just cannot for the life of me picture any real major interest in her.

I figured Danny would have some interest despite the fact that he is obviously confused about what genre of music he wants to sing. I'm sorry but "good Music" just is not enough of a description for me. But he has a very large fanbase, and even his online hate club seems to have more members than some of the top 10 have fans (Sarver, Megan).

But the fact that Scott, LIL, Danny, and even Allison seems to have a lot going for them makes me even more confident that Matt may be keeping a lot of his cards close to his chest. And, no, I don't blame him. It is pretty clear that he is ROCKING this tour in league with the likes of the top 4, and is getting consistent praise and support. We also really didn't hear much (if anything) about his gigs doing YOBI and his headlining in Jan. UNTIL IT WAS OFFICIAL. I won't worry so much about Matt, he is sitting in a really good position, and I can believe him being approached Before any one of the others who are bragging about all of their "Big Meetings"
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:43 pm

You all know Scott likes to talk waayyy too much.

I think Scott is talking about a record that he will do on his own. Independently I mean so nothing big. His ego is so huge and his level of talent doesn't back it up.

I totally think this Aug 20th situation must be the same for Matt. I can't believe Scott would have more offers than Matt. No way!

Scott is not current or relevant to today's music. I am thinking he is getting more like publisher's offers.
And Lil having an important meeting? I sure hope Matt will have more imp meetings soon. I think he just doesn't want to say anything until is certain. And I don't blame him either.
After all the accolades and amazing performances during this tour so far, Matt's stock value must be in demand.

I think we should def ask Matt on the "eonline questions "about possible record deal meetings but it seems to me he is keeping everything hush hush.
Oh man we have to keep praying for him! Tomorrow's show in Staples Center must be so important to him! I hope he kills it again!
I def believe he will get many more offers after the LA show.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:52 pm

Oh man we have to keep praying for him! TOmorrow's show in Staples Center must be so important to him! I hope he kills it again!
I def believe he will get many more offers after the LA show.

This Staples Center show is making me so stressed!! I know Matt will Rock it, I just want it to be done and over with already. Too many unanswered questions for my liking.

Oh well, I am sure that all of the unsigned will be on their A game Thursday Night, for sure. I just hope that Matt contnues to stand out...
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:12 pm

I can't think of any questions relevant to the tour right now. The only thing I would like to know (but would never post this question on the E! boards): Could you sell a poster of you wearing those tight pants from the concert? A life-size poster, of course! HA-HA! Very Happy

Seriously though, I think Matt must have some offers, too if even Lil says she does. I'm thinking that Scott is releasing an independent album this fall because otherwise, he wouldn't be able to mention a record from another company as long as he is under 19E's contract. I definitely think Scott could make a good living as a piano player and composer, but Matt is a far superior singer.

And as much as I think it doesn't suit him, Danny will probably sign with a country label. Sorry, but even Kara said that Danny should be recording in the Adult Contemporary genre. He does remind many people of Michael McDonald or Joe Cocker's voice. During the course of the season, Danny has mentioned that he wants his future music to have latin influences. He said he doesn't want to do strictly Christian music and never mentioned country music as as possibility. Why are these record companies pushing him into the country market? He's nothing like Carrie, Kellie Pickler or Bucky Covington! confused I think there are a lot of die-hard Danny fans who would buy any type of CD he releases anyway. However, I think if he goes the country music route, he will look phony and opportunisitic. Rolling Eyes

I am hoping and praying that Matt gets an offer from a record company that has the money to promote him and get his songs on the radio. He'll need a a lot of support, since he's going to be compared to the sales of the albums from Kris, Adam and Allison. Not that I think Matt has to out-sell the other Idols or anything. Matt deserves to be happy, performing music, playing piano and touring the country. I don't think Matt is the type of person who needs to be wealthy to be happy, although I bet he wouldn't mind if it did happen to him. Wink
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 1:42 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
I can't think of any questions relevant to the tour right now. The only thing I would like to know (but would never post this question on the E! boards): Could you sell a poster of you wearing those tight pants from the concert? A life-size poster, of course! HA-HA! Very Happy

Seriously though, I think Matt must have some offers, too if even Lil says she does. I'm thinking that Scott is releasing an independent album this fall because otherwise, he wouldn't be able to mention a record from another company as long as he is under 19E's contract. I definitely think Scott could make a good living as a piano player and composer, but Matt is a far superior singer.

And as much as I think it doesn't suit him, Danny will probably sign with a country label. Sorry, but even Kara said that Danny should be recording in the Adult Contemporary genre. He does remind many people of Michael McDonald or Joe Cocker's voice. During the course of the season, Danny has mentioned that he wants his future music to have latin influences. He said he doesn't want to do strictly Christian music and never mentioned country music as as possibility. Why are these record companies pushing him into the country market? He's nothing like Carrie, Kellie Pickler or Bucky Covington! confused I think there are a lot of die-hard Danny fans who would buy any type of CD he releases anyway. However, I think if he goes the country music route, he will look phony and opportunisitic. Rolling Eyes
I am hoping and praying that Matt gets an offer from a record company that has the money to promote him and get his songs on the radio. He'll need a a lot of support, since he's going to be compared to the sales of the albums from Kris, Adam and Allison. Not that I think Matt has to out-sell the other Idols or anything. Matt deserves to be happy, performing music, playing piano and touring the country. I don't think Matt is the type of person who needs to be wealthy to be happy, although I bet he wouldn't mind if it did happen to him. Wink

Okay, I totally agree with that entire paragraph you wrote about Danny. People gave Matt crap about not picking a genre, but damn! Danny is ALL over the map these days! I mean, I was left scratching my head after his set, thinking, "Okay, he did a Latin rock song, an MJ pop/R&B song, and not one, but TWO Rascal Flatts songs. Huh? What? I. Don't. Get. It." I am honestly gobsmacked at how blatant an attempt 19 is making to squeeze money out of Gokey by trying to steer him country. It's just laughable. And Gokey is the quintessential opportunist, using everything from his wife's charity to his glasses to his (not appaernt to me) dancing skills to ride the gravy train. I guess that's right up 19's alley, though. They both have the same sickening goal, and it clearly has nothing to do with making quality music. End rant.

As for Matt, I really think he has the golden ticket. We're kind of in an era now where success in the music industry is more about concert ticket and digital download sales than it is about platinum albums. And touring really is a cash cow, you just have to have endurance and bring the goods consistantly. Obviously Matt has both those qualities in spades! Also, I still don't think, despite all the recent tour buzz, that alot of people feel Matt can contend with Kradison. They are so fixated on who is signed NOW, who won the damn show, that they can't see Matt's JHud/Daughtry potential. And that's why when he DOES exceed expectations and become successful, people will be all the more impressed and consider Matt to be a huge success story in comparison to Kradison. It's the ones who people DON'T expect anything from who end up making the bigger impact. Kradison has alot of expectations on them, and it's gonna be harder for them to live up to them than it will be for Matt to exceed the low ones people have of him.
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:03 pm

OvenMitt wrote:

Okay, I totally agree with that entire paragraph you wrote about Danny. People gave Matt crap about not picking a genre, but damn! Danny is ALL over the map these days! I mean, I was left scratching my head after his set, thinking, "Okay, he did a Latin rock song, an MJ pop/R&B song, and not one, but TWO Rascal Flatts songs. Huh? What? I. Don't. Get. It." I am honestly gobsmacked at how blatant an attempt 19 is making to squeeze money out of Gokey by trying to steer him country. It's just laughable. And Gokey is the quintessential opportunist, using everything from his wife's charity to his glasses to his (not appaernt to me) dancing skills to ride the gravy train. I guess that's right up 19's alley, though. They both have the same sickening goal, and it clearly has nothing to do with making quality music. End rant.

As for Matt, I really think he has the golden ticket. We're kind of in an era now where success in the music industry is more about concert ticket and digital download sales than it is about platinum albums. And touring really is a cash cow, you just have to have endurance and bring the goods consistantly. Obviously Matt has both those qualities in spades! Also, I still don't think, despite all the recent tour buzz, that alot of people feel Matt can contend with Kradison. They are so fixated on who is signed NOW, who won the damn show, that they can't see Matt's JHud/Daughtry potential. And that's why when he DOES exceed expectations and become successful, people will be all the more impressed and consider Matt to be a huge success story in comparison to Kradison. It's the ones who people DON'T expect anything from who end up making the bigger impact. Kradison has alot of expectations on them, and it's gonna be harder for them to live up to them than it will be for Matt to exceed the low ones people have of him.

Yes, this is what excites me for Matt! Today, musicians have to make their money and success touring. Matt is proving he has the goods to be a success on the road. You just KNOW he will kill it in a solo concert. Word will get out about what a good show he puts on and fans will come. He will be making a damn fine living doing what he loves to do best. And I will be quitting my job and following him around the country! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:27 pm

Macigirl

He will be making a damn fine living doing what he loves to do best. And I will be quitting my job and following him around the country!

Well Macigirl I will be right behind you..hahaha...wouldn't it be wonderful if we COULD just up and quit our jobs and follow Matt around the world!! geek Razz I would be in heaven 24/7 then!!

As far as Scott and this thread I think he is full of SH*T!!! It's just utterly laughable...oh well I guess we can all dream huh?...poor scotty. sorry my bad alien
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Apparently Matt tweeted he is very excited for tomorrow's show in LA.
Also I noticed there's a lot of buzz for The Staples show, JIm Cantiaello from MTV twittered Matt that he was going to be there andwanted to chat with Matt!

I really, really hope some record executives are going to be there tomorrow so they finally decide on signing Matt if they haven't already.
He must have some meetings cooking after this show. JMHO.

The day Matt gets signed by a major label (because I know it will happen) I am going to go to all the Idol related forums and say "I told you so". I am waiting so anxiously for that day!
Hope you guys come along with me.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:46 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
Also I noticed there's a lot of buzz for The Staples show, JIm Cantiaello from MTV twittered Matt that he was going to be there andwanted to chat with Matt!

I really, really hope some record executives are going to be there tomorrow so they finally decide on signing Matt if they haven't already.

The day Matt gets signed by a major label (because I know it will happen) I am going to go to all the Idol related forums and say "I told you so". I am waiting so anxiously for that day!
Wink

I'm really excited for the LA show. I know Matt will be in top form, and those record companies better take notice of his talent! YOU BETTER RECOGNIZE! LOL Razz

I look forward to the day when we all can celebrate Matt's record deal. I would looooove to say 'I told you so' a million times, but that might come off as being smug. And we all know Matt doesn't like to be SMUG, right Michael Slezak? Wink
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:55 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
mattyg93 wrote:

Wink

I'm really excited for the LA show. I know Matt will be in top form, and those record companies better take notice of his talent! YOU BETTER RECOGNIZE! LOL Razz

I look forward to the day when we all can celebrate Matt's record deal. I would looooove to say 'I told you so' a million times, but that might come off as being smug. And we all know Matt doesn't like to be SMUG, right Michael Slezak? Wink

Let's see if Matt can win a male reporter over as well as he has won all the ladies over. I saw the tweet from Jim Cantiaello and he was not exactly a Matt supporter during the show. Will see if he eats his words like Slezak.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:57 pm

mattyg93 wrote:

Hope you guys come along with me. Wink

Oh, girl best Believe I will be there with you front row and center. I will be that Girl on all the forums who doesn't give a hoot how smug she sounds Because, well... "I told them so!!" Razz
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:02 pm

mattyg93 wrote:

Wink

What is this Jim Cantiello person's twitter account name? I wanna find the tweet and show it to my Twitter pals!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:19 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
mattyg93 wrote:

Wink

What is this Jim Cantiello person's twitter account name? I wanna find the tweet and show it to my Twitter pals!

His twitter name is @jambajim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott   Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ummm ok if tis is true for Scott
Page 1 of 1