HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

Los Angeles, CA Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Cranberry:

I did take a closer look,hmm,was just admiring how full of him the pants are! They sure look different.

Cranberry...Hahahaha...I love the "how full of him the pants are" part!!! LOVE IT!!! GAWDDD this man makes me ahhhhhhhh!!! *&*%!@... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:31 pm

Mero17:

Quote from MJ's...
Then here comes Matt. “Hard to Handle” got the crowd rocking. His whole set was a high energy, fun, funny and just one good time. Why weren’t you like that on the show???[/quote]

He was
!!

I agree Mero17....
I just think it's soooo crazy how people did not see on the AI show what WE saw all along with Matt!! I swear I will never understand this????? Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Ovenmitt:

Matt has an inherent talent for music, and the drive and passion to go along with it. He sells the music by being authentic, connecting his emotions to the music, no frills necessary. It's all real with Matt, and while that may not reel in the most unit sales or spark billion dollar international tours, it's surely gonna attract fans who just want a good old-fashioned musician to transport them with nothing more than their voice and a piano.

I swear Ovenmitt you should be some kind of professional writer or something you have such a marvelous way with words and I just love to read your posts...this is sooo what I was trying to say in my post but you did it so much better then me!! haha...love ya
girl! Very Happy

P.S. And actually I agree with you about putting MJ in that group..MJ definitely was one of the most talented men in the history of music and not really in the same category as those others but I just meant that Matt doesn't have to be the next "Michael Jackson" to be successful and for people to love him! But i think you got what I meant.

Last edited by Lisa_M on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Quote :
Matt has an inherent talent for music, and the drive and passion to go along with it. He sells the music by being authentic, connecting his emotions to the music, no frills necessary. It's all real with Matt, and while that may not reel in the most unit sales or spark billion dollar international tours, it's surely gonna attract fans who just want a good old-fashioned musician to transport them with nothing more than their voice and a piano.

Which is why I think Matt is more like Billy Joel than Justin Timberlake. Except of course Billy Joel has sold over 150 million CD's during his career but sadly music is not like it was in Billy's time! Matt is an old school musician yet with a modern mix. He is the best of both world's and I am praying the music industry wakes up and realizes it needs to make real music again and support real musicians not the Lady Gaga's, Brittany Spears, Pussycat Dolls, JT's, and Adam Lamberts.

What do you always say ovenmitt....Matt FTW or is it FTS?

I am feeling really kind of sad right now. I'm not sure why as Matt has received great reviews so far. I guess I am just feeling tired of all the it's the Adam Lambert show with 9 others. When are people going to wake up and stop being blinded by smoke screens, drama, and theatrics? Don't people want to see real passion and raw talent anymore? How is Adam's over the top, over sexed, theatrics more impressive than Matt's passion, heartfelt emotion, amazing musicianship, and natural charisma? Matt = musician and Adam = side freak show IMO. All of his gryating, calling the fans bitches, poser rockstar image, over the top costume, caked on makeup, and screeching makes me ill.

Sorry if I offended anyone if you are an Adam fan but geesh I cannot get him or his appeal at all. I am dreading seeing him at my shows.

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Cranberry:

I did take a closer look,hmm,was just admiring how full of him the pants are! They sure look different.

Cranberry...Hahahaha...I love the "how full of him the pants are" part!!! LOVE IT!!! GAWDDD this man makes me ahhhhhhhh!!! *&*%!@... lol!

LOL!! Ditto that...

I was thinking a while ago that I wished he had done LGIO instead of YFM, but I am no longer sure I can handle that much sexy all at one time!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Jenna:
I guess I am just feeling tired of all the it's the Adam Lambert show with 9 others. When are people going to wake up and stop being blinded by smoke screens, drama, and theatrics? Don't people want to see real passion and raw talent anymore? How is Adam's over the top, over sexed, theatrics more impressive than Matt's passion, heartfelt emotion, amazing musicianship, and natural charisma? Matt = musician and Adam = side freak show IMO. All of his gryating, calling the fans bitches, poser rockstar image, over the top costume, caked on makeup, and screeching makes me ill.

Sorry if I offended anyone if you are an Adam fan but geesh I cannot get him or his appeal at all. I am dreading seeing him at my shows.

I sooo agree with you on this Jenna...that's why I will be very glad when the tour is over and we can see just MATT and him ONLY!! I really have no desire to see Adam in concert and if it wasn't for wanting to see MATT in the final performance I would probably leave before Adam's set and go out to the buses to try to meet Our Matty...Adam is ughhhhhhhh...I can't stand him!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:48 pm

I'm obsessed today.....

I lightened the pic that Samantha Ronson posted, of Matt, Sarver and Lindsey.

There is a fourth person, a man in a coat and tie, sitting on the bench beside Matt. And is Lindsey wearing a fedora? That makes me happy. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:59 pm

Jenna:
I am feeling really kind of sad right now.

COME ON EVERYONE...BIG GROUP HUG FOR JENNA!!! {{{JENNA}}}}} Don't be sad Jenna, he will be ok..I know we all want so much for him but I really think he is very happy right now so just try to focus on that and keep thinking how FREAKIN AWESOME it's gonna be when we see him in person!!!!! woooo hooooooo!!!! bounce bounce flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:00 pm

flicker wrote:
I'm obsessed today.....

There is a fourth person, a man in a coat and tie, sitting on the bench beside Matt. And is Lindsey wearing a fedora? That makes me happy. Smile

Who is that fourth person? Suspect I'm about to google photos of record company people.. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Ha! Jenna, the phrase is:

Screw the win; Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!

Of course, the "win" part isn't as necessary now that the competition is over, yet it does explain the logic behind the "success" part. And anyway, it just illustrates my feelings about Matt's career. Success is a relative term, and the definition differs for everyone. My feeling is that if we continue to support Matt and his music, then he'll be able to achieve his own definition of success. It matters not whether you play in a packed arena or a tiny lounge, it only matters that the people listening appreciate the gift you're giving to them. And we SO do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna:

COME ON EVERYONE...BIG GROUP HUG FOR JENNA!!! {{{JENNA}}}}} Don't be sad Jenna, he will be ok..I know we all want so much for him but I really think he is very happy right now so just try to focus on that and keep thinking how FREAKIN AWESOME it's gonna be when we see him in person!!!!! woooo hooooooo!!!! bounce bounce flower

I'm sure my sadness is due mostly to lack of sleep plus over exposure to the exalted one. Because I have to search the internet so much to update the site I am being over exposed to Adam stuff and not enough Matt info so I guess it's frustrating me.

I can't wait until Matt is finished with AI and can move on with his career! cheers

Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Flicker:

I'm obsessed today.....

There is a fourth person, a man in a coat and tie, sitting on the bench beside Matt. And is Lindsey wearing a fedora? That makes me happy.

Flicker....I love that your obsessed!! Yahhh!!! YES! I do think Lindsey is wearing a fedora!! Very Happy It looks like there are two guys sitting by him...hmmm..i wonder if they are just innocent lucky bystanders or who knows??? Great things are happening for Matt you all...you will see!! Smile Look at the SMILE on Matt's face..he is sooo happy!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:05 pm

cranberry wrote:
flicker wrote:
I'm obsessed today.....

Who is that fourth person? Suspect I'm about to google photos of record company people.. Wink

LOL I needed that laugh Cranberry thanks!

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:06 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Ha! Jenna, the phrase is:

Screw the win; Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!

Of course, the "win" part isn't as necessary now that the competition is over, yet it does explain the logic behind the "success" part. And anyway, it just illustrates my feelings about Matt's career. Success is a relative term, and the definition differs for everyone. My feeling is that if we continue to support Matt and his music, then he'll be able to achieve his own definition of success. It matters not whether you play in a packed arena or a tiny lounge, it only matters that the people listening appreciate the gift you're giving to them. And we SO do.

I agree Ovenmitt. Matt will definitely have his own success and I for one can't wait to witness it!

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Flicker:

I'm obsessed today.....

There is a fourth person, a man in a coat and tie, sitting on the bench beside Matt. And is Lindsey wearing a fedora? That makes me happy.

Flicker....I love that your obsessed!! Yahhh!!! YES! I do think Lindsey is wearing a fedora!! Very Happy It looks like there are two guys sitting by him...hmmm..i wonder if they are just innocent lucky bystanders or who knows??? Great things are happening for Matt you all...you will see!! Smile Look at the SMILE on Matt's face..he is sooo happy!!

The one on the right is Michael and the other is (my guess) the original piano player Matt hijacked the piano from. Oh and I'd bet anything Lindsey is wearing Matt's fedora.

Last edited by Jenna on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:08 pm

Ovenmitt:
It matters not whether you play in a packed arena or a tiny lounge, it only matters that the people listening appreciate the gift you're giving to them. And we SO do.

Wow!! We have some ROCKIN people on this forum!! WE all think alike..that's what I love about this site!! I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna:

HUG!! And now today you woman eat a tremendous dinner and sleep the whole night!!Couple of nights! Go to sleep early and listen your favourite lullaby,Matt song perhaps? flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Jenna:
The one on the right is Michael and the other is (my guess) the original piano player Matt hijacked the piano from.

Jenna..are you sure that is Michael? His face looks to thin and look at his hand..I think Michael is heavier then this guy...i don't know..maybe I'm wrong..not that it really matters anyways...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mero17

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Jenna wrote:
Quote :

Which is why I think Matt is more like Billy Joel than Justin Timberlake. Except of course Billy Joel has sold over 150 million CD's during his career but sadly music is not like it was in Billy's time! Matt is an old school musician yet with a modern mix. He is the best of both world's and I am praying the music industry wakes up and realizes it needs to make real music again and support real musicians not the Lady Gaga's, Brittany Spears, Pussycat Dolls, JT's, and Adam Lamberts.

I am feeling really kind of sad right now. I'm not sure why as Matt has received great reviews so far. I guess I am just feeling tired of all the it's the Adam Lambert show with 9 others. When are people going to wake up and stop being blinded by smoke screens, drama, and theatrics? Don't people want to see real passion and raw talent anymore? How is Adam's over the top, over sexed, theatrics more impressive than Matt's passion, heartfelt emotion, amazing musicianship, and natural charisma? Matt = musician and Adam = side freak show IMO. All of his gryating, calling the fans bitches, poser rockstar image, over the top costume, caked on makeup, and screeching makes me ill.

LOL!! calling his fans bitches!! wow...maybe that's his way to thank them??? scratch
I don't think anyone here (correct me if i'm wrong) is an Adam fan ..and I agree he's wierd and every time I see him doing his "dance" moves I want to puke and he screams like my little sister! honestly the same sound!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Mero17:
LOL!! calling his fans bitches!! wow...maybe that's his way to thank them???
I don't think anyone here (correct me if i'm wrong) is an Adam fan ..and I agree he's wierd and every time I see him doing his "dance" moves I want to puke and he screams like my little sister! honestly the same sound!!!

lol! That is too funny about the comparsion to your little sister scream! haha

And I agree I don't think there is ONE Adam fan on this forum.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:21 pm

mero17 wrote:
Jenna wrote:
Quote :

LOL!! calling his fans bitches!! wow...maybe that's his way to thank them??? scratch

Last night he apparently said...everyone better get up on their feet...bitches! Real class act. I'm wondering if he forgot that there are 5 year olds in the audience? Mad Of course his fans thinks that just makes Adam so cool and more badass. Whatever. IMO he is at a family show not a rock show.

Back to top Go down
macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:40 pm

Hug, Hug Jenna!

You know, we all had butterflies yesterday, then Matt did incredible at the concert, we were flying high reading all those positive tweets, then we were trying to get Matt trending on Twitter, Ronson was tweeting. It was an incredible HIGH!! We were all so excited for Matt. I couldn't go to sleep. We were hoping for rave reviews with screaming headlines.

In the morning, the reviews were good but not what we were dreaming of. But they ARE good reviews. Everything has quieted down and I think we are feeling a natural let down after all the excitement of last night. And today the tour continues for 2 more months!

This is going to be a bumpy ride to the finish line! We will soar up and float down and repeat. I will try to keep the big picture in my mind so I don't get seasick along the journey. Smile

I do think Matt should send all of the Giraud Squad on vacation after he gets signed. We will have suffered many hours on his behalf, interpreting every little word he types and imagining all of his worries and tribulations. We will have of course rejoiced with him along the way but the suffering always is "hard to handle"!! He will have to come on vacation with us. We would finally be able to get our "shirtless Matt" picture! I hope his current tailor makes his swimsuit! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:43 pm

Last night he apparently said...everyone better get up on their feet...bitches!

Omg..he really said this??? Sheeshhh..ya a real class act when you KNOW there are children in the audience!!..what a stupid A**!! If I had my kid there with me I wouldn't have appreciated that! grrrrrr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Please DO NOT get me started on Adam Lambert and those fans of his, there simply are not enough hours in the day...

ANYWAY, on to a (hopefully) more positive note, did you all read yet that Danny said that the Record label he hopes to sign with will be at the show tonight to watch him perform?? I wonder since they will be coming, who else will decide to drop in as well, and if by them being at this show if Matt will make them take notcie of him as well, and get approached (wouldn't it be funny if he is approached by the very label exec that is there to see Danny?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:59 pm

macigirl wrote:

This is going to be a bumpy ride to the finish line! We will soar up and float down and repeat. I will try to keep the big picture in my mind so I don't get seasick along the journey. Smile

I do think Matt should send all of the Giraud Squad on vacation after he gets signed. We will have suffered many hours on his behalf, interpreting every little word he types and imagining all of his worries and tribulations. We will have of course rejoiced with him along the way but the suffering always is "hard to handle"!! He will have to come on vacation with us. We would finally be able to get our "shirtless Matt" picture! I hope his current tailor makes his swimsuit! bounce

So true!
And what a sweet image; vacation,Matt in his perfectly tailored swimsuit! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   

Back to top Go down

Los Angeles, CA Show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next