HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

Los Angeles, CA Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:36 pm

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:57 pm

A great review from someone at Mj's.
The person did not even like Matt before and now she ranked him second behind Adam last night!
So cool.

Please read:

Quote :
Matt: I really liked his intro piece and, I am shocked to say, I really liked Matt! I really think his nerves got to him on the show because he was really good live. He has good presence, mad piano skills, and was quite energized. Except for “Georgia on My Mind” I dislike both songs Matt did, yet I was actually into them and really into his set. Probably my second favorite of the night. Maybe the alcohol had just kicked in and I am way off, but I hope I am not. Or maybe my expectations for him were that low. His setlist was a bit disjointed though.

Also:
Overall, I enjoyed it, especially for what it was. I was pleasantly surprised by Matt (he’s amazing on the piano), really liked Kris, enjoyed Lil and was a bit disappointed with Allison (even though I liked her). However, as I went for Adam, I will probably likely only go see Adam live again. I did what was suggested and was able to leave my concert-going, show-loving, music snobbery aside and take the show in for what it is, so I did enjoy it.

Just wanted to share. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:04 am

Georgia...good sound

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:05 am

Partial Tell Her About It...

Back to top Go down
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:44 am

Not sure if this one's been posted. Matt sounds beautiful...."Georgia"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:47 am

mattyfan wrote:

Nope hasn't been posted yet I was just coming to do it! Thanks Mattyfan. As you see I put the video in your post.

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:48 am

Beggin...good quality

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:50 am

Partial You Found Me...

Damn I wish we'd get Hard to Handle now.

Back to top Go down
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:14 am

Wow, the whole set (almost)!

Matt really did have his MOMENT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crys7

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:33 am

mattyfan wrote:
sgr91 wrote:
I can't even remember where I copied this from - anyways... Its a fan comment at a bottom of one of these article you all have posted.

We were at the Staples Center and had great seats. This review is pretty close to what happened. We were there to cheer them all on, but Adam is definitely "the show". If he stays humble and delivers solid albums with chart-topping tunes, he stands the best chance at international stardom. Kris will probably drift after 2 albums and if Allison can be a good girl and stay away from career defeating temptations, she could be around a while. But, watch out for Matt Giraud...there's a guy that once he finds his niche will probably out last them all. He was really good last night.

This is what I believe, too. Matt's a in a different league. His talent is for the long-term, however the path may be to that. His won't be an overnight easy-come easy-go success. His would be lasting but it may take a while, and I'll be patient. I'll always believe Matt is Grammy-great.

Grammys for Matt! YES! <---THIS! I also can't wait to see a Matt Giraud music video. The thought just popped into my mind, & I'm LOVING IT!!! (sorry...very off topic, LOL!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:37 am

Great find Mattyfan! cheers

Back to top Go down
crys7

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:48 am

mattyfan wrote:

Matt did have his MOMENT. From right about 2:20 to 2:35, I love how he stops while the audience is screaming to take it all in. I love being able to witness his dreams coming true! My eyes are watering right now. That has to be one of his "happiest moments" he was talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:53 am

Ok I just watched the partial video of You Found Me that I just posted and I have this to say....EFFING BS THAT HE LOST THE AUDIENCE! They were all freaking dancing and swaying while he was sanging. Hey Adam fans (from MJ's) get a clue you don't scream, holler, and jump up and down when someone is singing a ballad type song. At least not if you want to hear them. I was crying when watching the audience getting so into Matt. And I feel much better now!

He sounded amazing during the LA show and he is absolutely right he had a moment! Those record execs had to be impressed! Matt sounds and looks like he has been performing in large venues for years! cheers

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:08 am

Review from MJ's...

Quote :
Matt Giraud- Wow, his hair is really short and it kind of looks like a Mohawk to me. I kind of liked him on the show but his nerves were a turn off. Now, he is like a different person on stage. He gets the loudest cheers in the first half of the show. I actually find him sexy. Coo coo ca choo Mrs. Robinson! I love Matt’s first song and he amps up the energy in the place. He is the right person to close the first half as he is that impressive. I can see what the judges saw in him. I also loved Georgia, but wasn’t as fond of his last song. I thought it was funny during one part of his set, Matt asked everyone to give him some cell phone light. In my day, it was lighters. Kids today, you have it so easy!!. You know how hot your thumb can get after holding a lighter on for a few minutes? Of course I had to turn on my cell phone for my daughter so she could hold it up and sway with the rest of the crowd.

Group songs/duet—this is getting long, so I will keep it short. Best part for me was Beggin. This is when Anoop was wearing the glasses that is from what I could see from my lousy view. The guys, especially Matt and Anoop, were terrific.

I never get tired of reading these reviews!

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:47 am

Georgia...amazing sound!

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:44 am

Damn people Love Georgia...LOL there goes his lisp again!

Back to top Go down
macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:15 am

Happy day, happy day!!! Loved the vid containing the whole set. FINALLY, we can see the transition between songs. Loved his transition into Georgia. Man, he is acting like an old pro. Can't get enough of him tinkling those ivories. F those snobby, snarky LA reviewers.

I would like to take a moment here to say "MATT, you are brilliant for choosing HTH and singing the hell out of it. This song was a pivotal moment for you. You turned nonfans into fans and excited the hell out of everyone. Job well done! p.s. I love you!! Please call."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:10 am

mattyfan wrote:
Wow, the whole set (almost)!

Matt really did have his MOMENT!

Matty, a little techie question. How did you find this? Just curious because this vid does not show up on search under "Matt Giraud"? Why wouldn't it show up? I found it at YT after seeing it here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mero17

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 am

WTH?? seriously his set was on fire!!!!! Very Happy ...
Who ever said that he lost the audience at the end ...huh?? are you kidding me???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:42 am

I am going freakin bananas here!!! The whole freakin set!! And OMG he really killed it. Sometimes hearing everyone say how great he was at staples, how he was clearly one of the best, how he had a moment isn't enough until I see it for myself!!

And Man was he great at staples. He rocked the house, was clearly THE best of the night, and most definately had a moment (I was jumping all throughout HTH, melted when he did georgia- and got a little teary eyed thinking of his and our journay from idol- and was swaying and singing along to every word in YFM). GOOD JOB MATTY G! This makes me believe more that he had to have been approached. No way can someone perform like that and be passed over cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:51 am

Jenna wrote:
Review from MJ's...

Quote :

5. Matt: I really liked his intro piece and, I am shocked to say, I really liked Matt! I really think his nerves got to him on the show because he was really good live. He has good presence, mad piano skills, and was quite energized. Except for “Georgia on My Mind” I dislike both songs Matt did, yet I was actually into them and really into his set. Probably my second favorite of the night. Maybe the alcohol had just kicked in and I am way off, but I hope I am not. Or maybe my expectations for him were that low. His setlist was a bit disjointed though.

Overall, I enjoyed it, especially for what it was. I was pleasantly surprised by Matt (he’s amazing on the piano)

LOL got to love Adam fans!

Here are some poster's reactions to the above review from Mj's site:

1. abbysee

Jul 17th, 2009 at 8:38 pmCalliope,
    I really enjoyed your recap! It seems to me that the standouts, besides
    the obvious Krallison, and Danny is Matt and Lil, who’da thunk it?
    Especially Lil, I mean many of us were ready to storm the idol castle
    with torches to oust her, now she actually has talent! Hell I liked
    her, but Matt I was ready to vote him off the island, wait, wrong show,
    and now I see what others saw. He is pretty damn good. I think almost
    all of them are gonna cut at least one cd. Go season 8.

2. 18
    Mtlfan

Jul 17th, 2009 at 8:48 pm

Thanks Caliope, great recap. I appreciated the background bits.
    What did you think of the Killer song? I watched on youtube and it
    seemed great. I think Kris is getting also more confortable with his
    solo guitar. Which Kris song was best liked by the crowd?
    Matt is great and I hope he gets a record deal too.
    Anoop with the clouds background .. it made me think of his funny sweet last twit bubble
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonia

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 am

"What was odd and very noticeable however, is that the applause and cheering, although instantaneous and generous is that it stopped almost on cue after 5 seconds for every number. I think Matt’s set might have been better received."

From MJ's (review of Kris' set) flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:20 pm

tonia wrote:
"What was odd and very noticeable however, is that the applause and cheering, although instantaneous and generous is that it stopped almost on cue after 5 seconds for every number. I think Matt’s set might have been better received."

From MJ's (review of Kris' set) flower

Man! As much as I like Kris, and he seems like a really nice guy, friends with Matt and all, he is just not that memorable or exciting. This tour is, more than anyone else, supposed to be a celebration of his Idol journey and his Win, he just cannot command the stage and capture an audience. I feel like the hype around him being more of a mellow but powerful singer, has a calmer allure but is emotionally gripping and is the opposite of Adam and provides everything that Adam doesn't just won't cut it. In so many words, he is simply boring. His fans will be his fans forever (or at least until the next season starts) so he'll have his cheers and applause, but he fails to impress and this tour is becoming less about "The American Idol Kris Allen" show, and more about those who Rocks: Adam Lambert, Matt Giraud, Allison Iraheta, Danny Gokey. I wish him the best, I really do, but he can't succeed on hype alone, and already many are starting to forget him and most just overlooks him.

The most he may receive from non fans is "Kris was really good. Enjoyed his set". But he won't blow anyone away. He's lucky he got that win, else he'd be one of those Idols who just fades away after tour never to be heard again... *Sorry to any Kris fans*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Wow, it's been a sensory overload since the LA concert. There's been so many reviews, blogs, Twitters, interviews, etc. that I'm only catching up now! Very Happy
Thanks to jenna and all the others who took the time to bring over the videos and other stuff. I love you

It's kind of funny reading the LA thread at one time because it's like riding a roller coaster. The first page: everyone is nervous, anxious, excited to see how Matt performs. Then the next few pages, everyone seems more upbeat after reading some reactions over Twitter. Then the pages in the middle, people are feeling a little disappointed after some iffy reviews (I wouldn't believe everything those music critics wrote anyway). Mad And finally, we're on a high again after reading some great reviews from fans who attended the concert. cheers It was like down, UP, down, and UP again! LOL

I needed these past few days to digest all the hype and media coverage from the Staples Center show. I can imagine that the Idols are going to be exhausted after 3 concerts in a row. Overall, I think Matt has been impressing all types of fans-- especially most of those rabid Adam fans. That's why I think Matt is better off performing in the first half of the concert because he really stands out and isn't lost in the audience's impatience to see Adam's set.

I have to roll my eyes at the people who think Matt reminds them of JT. Rolling Eyes I can see maybe a slight physical resemblance, being both are young, attractive, have brown curly hair, etc. But IMO, their musical styles are different. No offense to Justin or his fans (because I do think JT is very talented), but I like the tone to Matt's voice much better. To me, Justin has always had a "NASALLY" (yes, thank you to Chris Richardson) sounding voice--when he speaks and when he sings. (I noticed this years ago, going back to when he was a teenager in *NSYNC.) On the other hand, Matt has a deeper, more raspy sounding voice when he speaks and a bluesy quality in his singing voice. Also, I think Justin is into doing more dance and hip-hop type of music, but I see Matt doing more pop-rock music with the piano. How do these people even associate Matt singing an old Otis Redding song, a Ray Charles classic, and a current hit from The Fray (who have nothing to do with R&B or hip-hop) with Justin Timberlake? scratch I think it would be great if Matt earned some respect from the music industry like Justin has, but I really hate when people say he's trying to imitate or copy JT. No Justin has his own style, but I prefer Matt's. They're both cool guys, but in different ways, if you know what I mean. Very Happy [Sorry, I had to address the Justin comparisons first.]

And in response to what Lana just posted, I agree that it seems like 5th place Matt and 3rd place Danny are getting more "buzz" from fans than Kris. I know a lot of music critics LOVE Kris's set, but all the fans seem to rave about are Adam, Allison, Danny and Matt. Seriously, I think Kris will always get props for his singing, guitar playing, song selection, etc. but he doesn't have as much stage presence as Adam, Allison, Matt and DANNY (whom some haters predicted would BOMB on tour). Matt is exceeding everyone's expectations because a lot of the audience saw him as boring or overrated during the season! Matt is turning that hate into LOOOOOOVE! Haha cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Jenna! Thanks so much for the links to videos.
I am so proud of him! He did have his moment. "Georgia" was gorgeous as always.

I also noticed that this was the best version of YFM he's done since the tour started. He always does a good job, but this one was just special.The crowd was really into it with the cellphones and singing along. Plus I think he proved he could be a relevant commercial artist these days.

Matt fronting a piano rock band as the lead singer sounds cool to me. Maybe labels are thinking about that option.

Anyways, I do think rec executives took notice, what else can he do? Geez..
He has so much potential. It's just a matter of time now. I think someone will grab him for sure by September. They would be crazy not to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   

Back to top Go down

Los Angeles, CA Show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next