HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

Los Angeles, CA Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:42 am

Better Don't Stop Believing...

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:54 am

Ok now I am nervous I just learned that everyone but Danny and Anoop came out to the buses. Please tell me Anoop wouldn't get signed before Matt? Shocked

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
mero17

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:11 am

Jenna wrote:
http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=619895&st=1340

Quote :
Matt was amazing on Hard To Handle, he went all out and put on a great show with that one. He was really good on Georgia. Wasn't feeling The Fray song. Oh well.

MJ's...

Quote :
Songs that need to be changed: Megan’s 2nd song (it’s all kinds of wrong); Matt’s 3rd song (it noticeably doesn’t suit his voice and he loses the audience which he roused up to begin the set)

Man seem like a lot of people are not liking You Found Me. I have to say I still wish he would have chosen something else. How about Black Magic Women? His little bit on the finale was amazing and sexy as hell.

Actually I think many people liked you found me! I don't really pay attention to these "reviews" at Mj's coz all of them go to see the "great" Rolling Eyes Adam!!..It's a slow song people aren't supposed to dance during it!! if you took a look at the crowd in some of the vids you'd see that alot of them are swaying their hands!
I also think that black magic woman isn't a song which would get the crowd on their feet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mero17

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:16 am

Jenna wrote:
Ok now I am nervous I just learned that everyone but Danny and Anoop came out to the buses. Please tell me Anoop wouldn't get signed before Matt? Shocked

HELL NO!!!... Evil or Very Mad ...It doesn't mean that they're getting signed! Danny have been talking over and over about these "meetings"
plus..Matt likes to mess with our minds so maybe ther's something going on and he's quiet about it ..who knows?!!
Even if he got any offers he can't sign because of the 19E contract..
..and anyone with EARS would sign Matt not Anoop!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mero17

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:27 am

Jenna wrote:
Georgia...LOL something is wrong with the sound. Sounds like Matt has a lisp or something bizarre!

Dammit giraud!! even with lisp you sound great!! lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:55 am

mero17 wrote:
Jenna wrote:
Georgia...LOL something is wrong with the sound. Sounds like Matt has a lisp or something bizarre!

Dammit giraud!! even with lisp you sound great!! lol Very Happy

LOL! I think he sounds adorable with the listhp.

I slept 3 hours, turned over and my eyes popped open and I jumped out of bed. Only Matt can do that do me. He is killin me!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:00 am

Jenna wrote:
According to samantha ronson Matt is hijacking this piano somewhere...

I just read this from Sarver's Twitter page:
Had a good time hanging with @mgiraudofficial @samantharonson @sevinnye6126 around the piano tonight. Now time to sleep.

Wow, the Idols must have been up all night celebrating because Michael posted that from his phone around 4 AM Pacific Time. Shocked
So good to hear Matt's still pretty tight with Samantha. Meh, I could do without Lindsay, though! LOL Razz

I hope Matt met with some record companies last night, not just celebrities! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:07 am

Jenna wrote:

Quote :
Matt was amazing on Hard To Handle, he went all out and put on a great show with that one. He was really good on Georgia. Wasn't feeling The Fray song. Oh well.

MJ's...

Quote :
Songs that need to be changed: Megan’s 2nd song (it’s all kinds of wrong); Matt’s 3rd song (it noticeably doesn’t suit his voice and he loses the audience which he roused up to begin the set)

Man seem like a lot of people are not liking You Found Me. I have to say I still wish he would have chosen something else. How about Black Magic Women? His little bit on the finale was amazing and sexy as hell.

Hmmm, I still think Matt's smart to choose "You Found Me", a current song, to perform. We all know this is the kind of music he wants to put out. He could have performed "Let's Get It On" or "Part Time Lover" and blown everyone away but that's not the music he wants. I'm glad he stuck to what's in his heart and is now starting to define himself. I really don't want him to change if only to please the record executives. Besides he sounds good on YFM (on the piano and vocally), in my honest opinion, and many seem to agree.

After following Idols for some time, I've come to accept success is relative. If Matt gets to make his kind of music, get on the road to perform and build a loyal fanbase, I'll consider him very successful! He has modest dreams, so I don't think he'll be disappointed. It'd be great if he gets signed, of course. That'd be a huge vote of confidence for him from the industry. But it's really not the only path to success for Matt, so I'm just trying not to dwell on it too much. Rather, always celebrate the little good things. =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:08 am

Two pics from Gettyimages from LA show. Professional photogs love this shot, it seems.

Quote :
I hope Matt met with some record companies last night, not just celebrities!

Did you see Matt's tweet, that he had an AMAZING, then fun, then interesting, then typical night? "Interesting" sounds good to me. Hope it means something music-biz related.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:22 am

flicker wrote:
Two pics from Gettyimages from LA show. Professional photogs love this shot, it seems.

Quote :
I hope Matt met with some record companies last night, not just celebrities!

Did you see Matt's tweet, that he had an AMAZING, then fun, then interesting, then typical night? "Interesting" sounds good to me. Hope it means something music-biz related.

Yes, I love those photos of Scott & Matt during the finale! SCATT RULES! LOL Very Happy The dueling piano players are something unique for American Idol, since it used to be a "karaoke" contest, but has evolved to showcase more musicians now. I know it's cheesy, but I love the black & blue clothing they wear in front of the pink images on the video screen. The producers really did a first class job with the computer animation for the concert! cheers Seriously, I get hypnotized when I watch the video screens! My favorite part of the song is Matt's "dududududus"!

Last edited by Riley 9 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:21 am

Matt looks so dreamy in those pics from the DTB finale!
I am telling ya, I am loving here even more without hats.

I am a bit bummed Matt was only with Sarver and Ronson and Lindsay. I mean, that's cool they are fans but didn't he get to talk with any scouts? I would have preferred for him to hang with someone more you know important. Sigh

Guys, I think last night was the last chance Matt had to impress important people and if he wasn't approached then I am not sure if it's going to happen.
I am so sad right now, Danny is getting signed and Matt is still in limbo?

He is so amazing geez! Why can't someone in the industry give him a chance for God's sakes?
Sorry about the rant, but I am so disappointed right now. He deserves a shot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:33 am

Well, there's no reason to think he was ONLY with Samantha and Lindsey. He said he had a fun night, and and an interesting night. He could very well have seen some industry people, but I doubt that they'd be into serious, detailed talks right after the show.

More important, industry people saw HIM KILL IT last night! I'd bet money he's on some A&R guy's mind this morning. Don't give up hope just because he hung out with friends, especially after he had such a killer night. Smile Just my opinion. I'm nothing but hopeful this morning - and so proud, as I know you are too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:39 am

Jenna wrote:

Quote :

MJ's...

Quote :

Jenna, hope this makes you feel better!! Someone tweeted Matt:

Yesterday L.A show was awsome.great performance from all the idols especially @MGiraudOfficial when he sang ''You found me'' i was like DAMN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:56 am

Found at mj's, copied from jeffkingla's twitter:

Quote :
Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://twitpic.com/alwcn

@MGiraudOfficial you fucking rocked it dude!!!!!!

A poster at mj's figured out that Jeff King is a photographer, and also head of media for 19E. (or something like that)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:03 am

flicker wrote:
Well, there's no reason to think he was ONLY with Samantha and Lindsey. He said he had a fun night, and and an interesting night. He could very well have seen some industry people, but I doubt that they'd be into serious, detailed talks right after the show.

More important, industry people saw HIM KILL IT last night! I'd bet money he's on some A&R guy's mind this morning. Don't give up hope just because he hung out with friends, especially after he had such a killer night. Smile Just my opinion. I'm nothing but hopeful this morning - and so proud, as I know you are too.
My thoughts follow yours. He amazed the audience and I am too full of hope. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:31 am

jenniferh2525so many people are getting engaged these days including @amberrocha to @MGiraudOfficial i can't wait for the wedding! congrats!

Whaa?? lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:43 am

I'm on baited breath waiting for the reviews to come in, although I have a pretty good idea of what they're gonna say!

As corny as it sounds, I felt like a proud parent or something last night. I was so stoked that Sam Ronson and, yes, LiLo tweeted such awesome things about Matt. As far as I know those were the biggest names last night tweeting about Idols. Even Sarver tweeted an sweet comment about our boy. He didn't have do that....but the fact that he did proves that there was some strong mojo working for Matt last night.

As for this worry about Matt not, what, hunkering down for a meeting with industry execs right after his best show to date? Well, judging by the company he WAS keeping last night, I don't think we should have any worries at all about Matt. He was savoring his happy mood, with friends WHO SUPPORT HIM; that's a valueable thing! It's ludicrous to think that any record scouts in that audience last night would have somehow missed Matt's awesomeness, though I don't really think they were going in with any doubts about him anyways. Come on: his reviews started out strong and have gotten consistantly better with each show. But in my opinion, someone's already got their hooks in Matt and are just sitting back and witnessing their new star blaze forth and amaze the public one arena at a time. Folks who are seeing dollar signs when they look at Matt NOW have prolly missed the boat; he's most likely already betrothed to a label, but he's being mum about the details.

*sigh* I know that every word I'm typing is still just speculation, but last night really squashed any minute lingering worries I had about Matt's future. Up, up, up is where our guy is headed, and we'll be uttering those "I told you so"s any day now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mero17

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:56 am

yup! I agree I'm optimistic too Very Happy Very Happy .....I'm also waiting fof that "I told you so" moment!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:22 am

I'm proud, too. I keep getting all teary eyed. This was probably the best possible night for Matt to have a moment on stage, and I'm so happy for him, I could explode.

Sarah Gilbert RT'ed one of Sam Ronsen's tweets about Matt, and said she was kicking herself for not being there - or something like that. That's a tangential Matt tweet, but dammit, I'll take anyone I can get! I am happy he has some big name friends, too. Think of all the tens of thousands of followers they have on twitter, and how many people will see positive things said about our Matty.

*proud* *sniff*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:31 am

From an ET interview yesterday, about what's going on behind the scenes:

Matt's part

Both Danny and Adam mention the bubble tweets with Matt as part of what's fun - though Adam mentions Danny, Michael and Kris as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:39 am

MTV's Jim Cantiello's review. What an ass.

Quote :
Matt Giraud and Scott MacIntyre, the two piano men of season eight, didn't disappoint, particularly with a sequence during the group number that concluded act one. We all knew Matt had potential thanks to his Hollywood week "Georgia on My Mind" performance, and while his "Idol" journey was mired in "Who am I?" identity crises, Matt has found his footing big-time. His confidence was up 500 percent, his falsetto was strong, and his set featured more runs than Montezuma's revenge. The weak spot in his set list was, not surprisingly, a Fray song he bombed on the show. Don't get me wrong, his tour performance was miles better than the "Idol" abomination, but for a guy who is finally figuring out his own swagger, it was disappointing to hear Matt ape Fray frontman Isaac Slade's annoying Kermit the Frog stylings instead of showcasing his own vocal twists.

link if you want it

He doesn't even mention the crowd reaction to Matt, just Lil and Anoop. Jerk.

I know that review is kinda good, but it's not what I wanted it to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:45 am

Ann Powers' LA Times Review. It had a theme - their hand gestures, WTF?

Quote :
The two performers whose hands mostly stay busy at the piano still managed to work in some pointing, including at each other. Matt Giraud and Scott McIntyre have very different strengths, but were paired for a rendition of Billy Joel’s “Tell Her About It” that was the night’s silliest moment. Individualy, each did better. Giraud was relaxed and masterful covering the soulful standards “Hard to Handle” and “Georgia.” MacIntyre stressed vocal sweetness with singer-songwriterly choices, and created his own semaphore: a slowly raised open hand that followed his vocal ascents.

The whole review

I'm not loving these reviews. I wanted superlatives!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:47 am

From the Examiner

Quote :
Of the first six performances, only one is really worth mentioning. Following an obscenely awkward and rather messy performance by Anoop, Matt Giraud came out to close the first half of the show. Matt was cool as a cat, brilliant on the piano, with a strong vocal and a charming attitude. The comparisons to Justin Timberlake are unavoidable, and while JT surpasses him in everything except the piano playing, Matt is still a definite talent.

link
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mero17

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:57 am

Loved the last review!!..The first two are idiots Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mero17

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:00 pm

WTF??!! I was following that"Jim Cantiello" on twitter????....He's that MTV guy..I'm soo not following him now !! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Los Angeles, CA Show   

Back to top Go down

Los Angeles, CA Show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next