HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

Ontario, CA Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:21 am

Georgia...at first the video is not very clear but after about a minute it gets better.

twitter: @JennaSG

Last edited by Jenna on Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:22 am

You Found Me

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:23 am

Hard to Handle

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:23 am

First half group medley

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:56 am

Just got finished watching the You Found Me video and it's so obvious that Matt clearly loves performing this song. Just watch the way he moves on the piano. He puts his whole body into it while he is singing his heart out and playing the heck out of that piano. He sounded amazing in Ontario and again those people saying he loses the audience are on crack! cheers

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:38 am

Review from MJ's...

Quote :
Then came Matt, and a lot of people who’d sat leapt back up. I was already on my feet and employing my very best “Clapping and screaming with your hands high over your head” skills that I obtained at last week’s taping of So You Think You Can Dance. (Now, you want a loud and energized audience? Go to that show. AWESOME degrees of AWESOMENESS!!!).

Anyway, Matt. I love Matt! He was an early favorite of mine, and he was wonderful last night. Almost everyone around me stayed standing, but only a few danced.

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:40 am

Another review from MJ's...

Quote :
And…..MATT! MATT!! MATT!!! I liked him okay on the show, but NOW I’m a BIG fan of Matt. He was astonishing. He was rousing. I was put in mind of internet clips of Jerry Lee Lewis from the early days of Rock and Roll. Matt was a whirlwind of energy and talent. I didn’t expect that from him and I could hardly catch my breath. He can really, and I mean really, play the piano. His voice was great. “Hard to Handle” was a revelation. “Georgia” was great. The Fray song was good, but more soothing than rousing. In short: When’s the record coming out? When’s his first solo concert? I want to go!!

The group number ending the first act was fun. “Beggin’”, with all the men lined up in a row in suits—stunning. Loved it. Michael Sarver did well with “Suspicious Minds,” probably because the band wasn’t drowning him out. Scott and Matt (MATT!!) were cute playing the piano together.

BEST review yet! cheers

Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:24 am

Aw, y'all don't like the fauxhawk? I think it's all kinds of sexy, personally. Maybe if you see it in person, you'll be converted....

Anyway, I've been out and about and away from the computer for the weekend, but I'm stoked to see more of these stellar reviews coming in. I especially like all the MJ reviews. As we're all well aware, MJ's is, like, a Glambert mecca, so it's particularly thrilling to see even the slightest acknowledgement from such ardent Adam fans, much less raves! I just realized I phrased that as if the Giraud Squad as a collective is getting the praise, but it almost feels as though Matt's positive feedback gives credence to all the steadfast support we've given him from the beginning. I feel that we had exceptional foresight in seeing in Matt what others couldn't while he was on the show. And those "I told you so"s are on the tip of my tongue, believe me! And yes, I am a snob. Obviously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:53 am

Jenna wrote:
You Found Me

WOW! I really liked him singing YFM here. His best yet (and I said that about the last show). think that he is just getting better and better with this song and is finding his groove with it so that he can sing it more like himself, and less as a sound alike version to the fray (because if I'm honest, as much as I love Matt that's what it was). But this just sounds really good, and I agree Jenna that he obviously loves singing it and really gets into it.

Anyway, I am beginning to love YFM as much as the other 2 in his set. I'm a newly converted Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:27 am

Jenna wrote:
Hard to Handle

Oh Jenna, I love this vid of HTH. LOL at :55 - it looked like the person shooting this had to drag the camera away and back up to Matt's face tongue The ending had a lot of wonderful high energy booT shots too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:22 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Aw, y'all don't like the fauxhawk? I think it's all kinds of sexy, personally. Maybe if you see it in person, you'll be converted....

Anyway, I've been out and about and away from the computer for the weekend, but I'm stoked to see more of these stellar reviews coming in. I especially like all the MJ reviews. As we're all well aware, MJ's is, like, a glambert mecca, so it's particularly thrilling to see even the slightest acknowledgement from such ardent Adam fans, much less raves! I just realized I phrased that as if the Giraud Squad as a collective is getting the praise, but it almost feels as though Matt's positive feedback gives credence to all the steadfast support we've given him from the beginning. I feel that we had exceptional foresight in seeing in Matt what others couldn't while he was on the show. And those "I told you so"s are on the tip of my tongue, believe me! And yes, I am a snob. Obviously.

What a difference a few weeks make. During AI, I would venture onto MJ's site and leave with my tail between my legs. I finally stopped going there. It was so discouraging. I sometimes questioned my choice in Matt after going to MJ and other evil sites. Was he really as good as I believed or was I under some spell?? I forgave him his weaker turns on AI to nerves. It didn't matter to me how he performed because I KNEW he had it in him. None of my friends liked Matt, they all said he was OK and what is that thing on his forehead. gggrrrrrr.... What a difference a few weeks make! Now I can't wait to go to MJ's site and read some of the Adam fans praises of Matt. There was some discussion there about Matt and Kris being the real rivals as opposed to Adam and Kris. Wow. These people never even gave Matt a second look. They completely ignored him. Now there is almost an assumption that Matt is doing great on tour and is very talented. Am I dreaming? I feel completely vindicated. I am not under a spell. He IS that good. As we all knew a LONG time ago. What a sweet feeling to watch the rest of the world slowly catch on. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:27 pm

Macigirl:

What a difference a few weeks make! Now I can't wait to go to MJ's site and read some of the Adam fans praises of Matt. There was some discussion there about Matt and Kris being the real rivals as opposed to Adam and Kris. Wow. These people never even gave Matt a second look. They completely ignored him. Now there is almost an assumption that Matt is doing great on tour and is very talented. Am I dreaming? I feel completely vindicated. I am not under a spell. He IS that good. As we all knew a LONG time ago. What a sweet feeling to watch the rest of the world slowly catch on.

NO Maci, your not dreaming and we ALL knew what a AWESOME "diamond in the rough" he was but some people are just a "lil slow" in life to catch on..haha...I feel totally vindicated..AND I have always said and will continue to say that you just watch.. Matt will totally sale CD's big time and at least have a VERY big fan base and following and will be around a longggg time after "Adam the God" is and even Kris and Danny....I really think the only one with staying power will be Allison because she is young and VERY marketable..

I just want to say one other thing here...I AM NOT ONLY SO VERY PROUD OF MATT AND HOW HE IS PERFORMING ON THIS TOUR ...but I'm also EXTREMELY proud of how he treats his fans...have you guys been reading how he is really the ONLY one who keeps taking the time to go back out and go around AGAIN and AGAIN to make sure he didn't miss anyone..I have read this ALOT of times from alot of people...and he is gaining soooo many new FANS because of this..he is sooo humble and sweet and thoughtful!!! I just can't ever, ever say enough about the man "himself" and his god given Talent!!! I'm telling you I still always get this overwhelming feeling like I just want to shake his parents hands and tell them what a BEAUTIFUL son they have, inside and out!! (now I'm gonna start tearing up)..he is just truly such a SPECIAL person...for real!! He is the REAL DEAL!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:01 pm

[quote="Jenna"]Review from idol forums...

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=620186

Quote :

I don't have much else to say about the shows. They were fun, a tad boring and long. Matt through Kris are leagues better than the bottom 5. My favorite performances gotta be Bright Lights, PYT, and, Matt's Hard to Handle. The audience sits down most of the show, gets in to like My Prerogative, and gets into all the sets from Matt on up. I'd say the biggest downfall of the tour is a lot of the Idols picked unfamiliar songs. It's not that they sound bad, it just doesn't translate to crowd reaction.

Here are her incredible pictures...

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! This picture like literally takes my breath away..He is SUCH a STAR IN THIS PIC!!! I'm going to get this pic blown up to a 8 x 10 and THIS is the one I'm going to have him sign and I'm framing that BABY!!! I'm in love!!! I love you drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Here are her incredible pictures...

AND this ONE... I LOVE THIS!!! SO MUCH PURE PASSION!!! this lady took some freakin awesome pictures!! I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:14 pm

mattyfan:

Oh, it's not quite a faux-hawk and the curls are visible (it's a curly semi- faux-hawk, haha!)! I like it! It's pretty unique and can be part of Matt's identity as a piano rock-blues-jazz artist. Maybe I'm just such a supporter of anything he does, but I'm liking everything Matt's done on tour so far: the hairstyle, the outfit, the songs he chose. I think he's done his homework and is defining himself very well. Not everyone's gonna like it, thus the critical comments from some reviewers. But I think that's the whole point of building a fanbase. Not everyone loves Gavin DeGraw or The Fray, but they're very successful. =).

I have to say I totally agree with you Mattyfan...I'm likin the hair..I think he needs that too be "current" ..the other way in Human Nature ages him a little I think plus he really looks more like JT with his hair like that.....plus this gives him a little retro edge mind you..haha...plus I love how it's shaved (barber style) on the bottom because I always like my guys with very short gentlemen (clean cut) shaven like...plus I'm lovin the facial hair..that's also very "in" right now! Plus you know the stylist aren't gonna lead him wrong!...arhhhhhhhh....he's sooo hot..plezzzzzzzeee..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:18 pm

I was almost thinking he was like tearing up a little??..do you think he might have been like out of excitement and just happiness up there (having his moment again) or was it just the lights???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Lisa_M, you chose one of my favorite pictures as well! VA-VA-VOOM! I swear these pictures were taken with a 3-D camera! Shocked

We were talking in the San Diego thread about why we think Matt is sexy, but Adam's onstage antics are not! This photo is GORGEOUS, and Matt looks SEXY! Give me more of this kind of sexy ( and I love Matt's dance moves, too), which is more natural. I love you

I have been raving about the short video they show before Matt's set, and I can't stop watching it! Whoever designed and directed it is like a genius! I have seen the other Idols' videos, and they're pretty boring. People have been complaining about Megan's (too much pink, babyish?) and Anoop's (clouds and rain drops?). Matt's is totally awesome-- the three reels of film, Matt beatboxing and dancing, and close-ups of Matt goofing around. I love how the video captures his personailty, his ESSENCE--he's a young, cute, funny guy. That's more information than I could get from anyone else's video. And don't get me started about Adam's video. Of course, his introduction lasts the longest (longer than the actual winner's), and all of the crazy lights make me feel like I'm having an epileptic seizure! AUUUUUGH! Rolling Eyes

I just wanted to give the director some props for producing such an awesome video for Matt. It just fits his personality-- he's laughing at himself. I can imagine what the director was telling him to do-- ACT SEXY for the cameras. What did Sandy say? Do you ever look in the mirror and say, 'Oh, yeah. I'd hit this!' Razz LOL

Last edited by Riley 9 on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:22 pm

I just wanted to add a recent review that was posted at the MyIdol forum. (She is an Adam fan.)

taurus21 wrote:
I really enjoyed the show. I thought that Lil, Matt, Danny and Allison were fabulous! I loved Matt's song!!

Remember how all of the buzz before the finale was that Kris was so smart to choose "Heartless" and do an acoustic version? I have heard so many people say that this one song won over a lot of undecided voters, who might have voted for Adam otherwise. I think the same phenomenon has happened to Matt. The one song that gets the most buzz (besides songs from Adam and Kris) is HARD TO HANDLE. Even people who don't necessarily like Matt are raving that he did an excellent job with H2H, getting the crowd to stand up and dance. Non-fans are seeing the energy, the fun and the piano skills that we knew Matt possessed all along! cheers It's his "breakthrough" song you could say. Even though Matt fans saw all of these qualities during the season, it took a new version of an old rock classic to get everybody else to recognize Matt's talents. Now Matt looks BRILLIANT for choosing H2H as his first song! YAY! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:42 pm

I have to say I totally agree with you Mattyfan...I'm likin the hair..I think he needs that too be "current" ..the other way in Human Nature ages him a little I think plus he really looks more like JT with his hair like that.....plus this gives him a little retro edge mind you..haha...plus I love how it's shaved (barber style) on the bottom because I always like my guys with very short gentlemen (clean cut) shaven like...plus I'm lovin the facial hair..that's also very "in" right now! Plus you know the stylist aren't gonna lead him wrong!...arhhhhhhhh....he's sooo hot..plezzzzzzzeee..[/quote]

I'm gonna say that I LOVE the haircut!! I like the fact that it is sort of a mohawk while he still has his beautiful curls. THAT HAIRSTYLE ROCKS!!! It makes him look younger, hip/cool. and I agree is does have that "current" feel.

But while I'm lovin the do, I HATE his outfit during his set, it feels way too...IDK Throwback. I said a little bit of this in chat last night, but I feel like the outfit ages him a little and the style feels a little dated. He says that he is trying to go for that "old musician" look, and OLD is the word. I think he needs to stay young in regards to his look, Because he is only 24. I mean it's classy, for sure, and any other time I would absolutely adore Matt in this. But he is trying to appeal to all ages, and show any record execs that he is relevent and - as much as some would like to believe this is not true- style and the way an artist dresses himself, and swagger is almost as important as the singing sometimes. Just trying to be realistic.

Anyway, I love his outfit during DSB. The jeans, blue shirt, and vest. I wish he had worn something similar to that during his set.

ETA: Old-fashioned is the word I was looking for to describe his look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lumma

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Jenna wrote:
Yay Hard to Handle....great sound and visual

The best sound so far! His vocal is really perfect here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:27 pm

lumma wrote:
Jenna wrote:
Yay Hard to Handle....great sound and visual

The best sound so far! His vocal is really perfect here.

Love the ahem-- camera angle--- from about 1:40 on---- Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
mattyfan:

Oh, it's not quite a faux-hawk and the curls are visible (it's a curly semi- faux-hawk, haha!)! I like it! It's pretty unique and can be part of Matt's identity as a piano rock-blues-jazz artist. Maybe I'm just such a supporter of anything he does, but I'm liking everything Matt's done on tour so far: the hairstyle, the outfit, the songs he chose. I think he's done his homework and is defining himself very well. Not everyone's gonna like it, thus the critical comments from some reviewers. But I think that's the whole point of building a fanbase. Not everyone loves Gavin DeGraw or The Fray, but they're very successful. =).

I have to say I totally agree with you Mattyfan...I'm likin the hair..I think he needs that too be "current" ..the other way in Human Nature ages him a little I think plus he really looks more like JT with his hair like that.....plus this gives him a little retro edge mind you..haha...plus I love how it's shaved (barber style) on the bottom because I always like my guys with very short gentlemen (clean cut) shaven like...plus I'm lovin the facial hair..that's also very "in" right now! Plus you know the stylist aren't gonna lead him wrong!...arhhhhhhhh....he's sooo hot..plezzzzzzzeee..

I was saying back on page 3 of this thread, that maybe Matt deliberately chose a haircut that was as far away from being a Justin hairstyle. Not that Matt thinks JT is ugly, but we know that Matt hates the constant comparisons to Justin. The faux hawk reminds me of Ryan Tedder's haircut, which is considered current or edgy! No matter what his hairstyle, Matt is still gonna look sexy! I love you

Lana, you were saying that you weren't liking the outfit Matt wears during his solo performance. I admit that it looks old-fashioned, but I think Matt was going for a costumey look, without going over the top (like Adam does). Matt still looks sharp and sophisticated when he's wearing the black suit during the Beggin' medley. Then he changes it up and looks cool and casual in the jeans and vest during the DSB finale. I don't think he looks older than 24 in any of his outfits. He has a baby face, a rocking body and has smooth dance moves. IMO, the audience is more likely to think that Scott is older than he is because his set is snoozy and more boring than Matt's. Very Happy Personally, I think both Scott and Anoop seem older than Matt, in terms of looks and attitudes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:47 pm

I actually think his solo set outfit is pretty cool. It's not old fashioned it's just like a custom outfit that suits him very well.

I think the arm band is super HOT. And those pants to die for. Also I thnk the semi mohawk haircut makes him look edgy and current.

The cool haircut makes him look like an edgy piano rocker just like Ryan Tedder.

This is all JMHO. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:06 am

The haircut is really cool and unique! And the outfit -- so classy and rockish. The look is definitely a bluesy/jazzy version of Ryan Tedder. I think that's what Matt was going for and he hit it head-on!

Matt's soooo smooth on the video of HTH, just as smooth as those tight pants, heheh! I love how he slides his fingers on the piano. Matt's glissandos caress and conjure up some BG thoughts... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:29 am

Wooo hooo!! Have we seen this yet???

Nice booty @MGiraudOfficial on Twitpic

Love me some Matty G. Booty!!

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE BLOW THIS PIC UP IF THEY KNOW HOW?! OK BY ME! LOL

Last edited by Lisa_M on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content