HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

San Diego, CA Show!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mero17

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:01 pm

WOW! Matt is gaining more fans!! cheers
Even at Mj some people discussed why he didn't get a record deal yet???..can you believe it!! Very Happy
I guess no one can escape some Matty love!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Mattyfan:
Loving the positive reviews of Matt!

I've seen only Matt's videos from the tour and none of the other idols. But I've noticed a lot of ranting about Adam in this Forum. =( I understand we all have our own preferences. Matt's my only favorite, but I also appreciate Adam especially vs. Kris! I think it's more fun when we try to discuss mainly Matt-related stuff. I say good luck to all the Idols but the fiercest, most power to Matty!

Mattyfan..although I agree that maybe some of the stuff we have written on here lately about Adam has been somewhat mean and maybe some of the comments about his attire, his looks, makeup, etc., can be calmed down a bit, I also though have to stand up and say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion on here and I think that MOSTLY what all of us were trying to say about Adam is that all the other things he is doing DURING his performance, (calling the people in the audiance "bitches",all the rubbing of his private area repeatedly, humping the microphone is NOT approriate actions to be done at an American Idol concert where this is SUPPOSE to be a family oriented show. A mother and father should be able to bring their children to this type of concert and not worry about them seeing and hearing these types of things..I'm sorry but it's not the "respectful" and moral thing to do...And also just as Adam fans have said nasty things about Matt in the past in their forums..(mole crap, etc) we are only voicing our opinion of Adam on here. Also to be honest with you I'm gonna have to disagree with you about him being "better" or preferable over Kris...who says?? Kris is a very good singer also..just because he is very laid back in his approach and singing and not "in your face" doesn't make him a bad singer/performer... I think that's basically saying that if Matt just sat behind the piano and played but didn't get up and move around and dance then you would think he wasn't any good either..which we know that wouldn't be the truth because even if Matt just sat at the piano and played and sang I would still love him. I admit that Kris doesn't have that quote "WOW" factor in his "in concert" and live performance but he is still a talented singer nonetheless and in my opinon a more "pure" singer then a screeching Adam! Yes, we are on here FOREMOST to Support Matt in this forum but we are also allowed to express other opinions and complaints especially when they are "relevant". I would maybe suggest you watch the video of Adam that Jenna posted since you said you hadn't watched any of the other performers and maybe you can understand then what we are talking about when it comes to the inappropriateness. I Want to make it clear by me posting this I'm not trying to start a fight here either..just wanted to make My final point about this subject..thanks! Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macigirl

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:41 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Mattyfan:
Loving the positive reviews of Matt!

I've seen only Matt's videos from the tour and none of the other idols. But I've noticed a lot of ranting about Adam in this Forum. =( I understand we all have our own preferences. Matt's my only favorite, but I also appreciate Adam especially vs. Kris! I think it's more fun when we try to discuss mainly Matt-related stuff. I say good luck to all the Idols but the fiercest, most power to Matty!

Mattyfan..although I agree that maybe some of the stuff we have written on here lately about Adam has been somewhat mean and maybe some of the comments about his attire, his looks, makeup, etc., can be calmed down a bit, I also though have to stand up and say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion on here and I think that MOSTLY what all of us were trying to say about Adam is that all the other things he is doing DURING his performance, (calling the people in the audiance "bitches",all the rubbing of his private area repeatedly, humping the microphone is NOT approriate actions to be done at an American Idol concert where this is SUPPOSE to be a family oriented show. A mother and father should be able to bring their children to this type of concert and not worry about them seeing and hearing these types of things..I'm sorry but it's not the "respectful" and moral thing to do...And also just as Adam fans have said nasty things about Matt in the past in their forums..(mole crap, etc) we are only voicing our opinion of Adam on here. Also to be honest with you I'm gonna have to disagree with you about him being "better" or preferable over Kris...who says?? Kris is a very good singer also..just because he is very laid back in his approach and singing and not "in your face" doesn't make him a bad singer/performer... I think that's basically saying that if Matt just sat behind the piano and played but didn't get up and move around and dance then you would think he wasn't any good either..which we know that wouldn't be the truth because even if Matt just sat at the piano and played and sang I would still love him. I admit that Kris doesn't have that quote "WOW" factor in his "in concert" and live performance but he is still a talented singer nonetheless and in my opinon a more "pure" singer then a screeching Adam! Yes, we are on here FOREMOST to Support Matt in this forum but we are also allowed to express other opinions and complaints especially when they are "relevant". I would maybe suggest you watch the video of Adam that Jenna posted since you said you hadn't watched any of the other performers and maybe you can understand then what we are talking about when it comes to the inappropriateness. I Want to make it clear by me posting this I'm not trying to start a fight here either..just wanted to make My final point about this subject..thanks! Surprised

I think the point is that we all have our preferences on who we like and don't like (other than Matt of course who we all LOVE). When anyone posts something about a certain idol, I think it is important to remember that some visitors to this site may like that particular idol. It is great to voice opinions but I think it is important to be respectful of all idols when posting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:48 pm

Sorry Matty if any of my comments regarding Adam upset you, but I felt like I couldn't (and didn't have to) hold back my negative regards for him any longer. Especially after watching that WLL performance. Talk about sleazy. I will say, however, that we may give Adam more power by discussing him in a place that is supposed to be dedicated to matt Love. So moving on...

I found a person on youtube who posted videos of at least one performance from all of the idols. Now her seats were pretty bad and you can barely see the stage (this is from staples) but you get a nice bird's eye view of the audience. When people say that Matt received the most love of the whole first half, they are not lying!! My gosh just the difference in energy between Michael and megan, and then Matt is amazing!! Proof, finally, that Matt is leagues above that whole bottom 5...

For those interested here is a link to the YT account the videos are posted at: http://www.youtube.com/user/PIINAACOLAADAA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:13 pm

Lana:

I found a person on youtube who posted videos of at least one performance from all of the idols. Now her seats were pretty bad and you can barely see the stage (this is from staples) but you get a nice bird's eye view of the audience. When people say that Matt received the most love of the whole first half, they are not lying!! My gosh just the difference in energy between Michael and megan, and then Matt is amazing!! Proof, finally, that Matt is leagues above that whole bottom 5...

For those interested here is a link to the YT account the videos are posted at: http://www.youtube.com/user/PIINAACOLAADAA

Lana..thanks for posting this!! I can appreciate a different "bird's eye view"..I love how Matt sounds in that Arena...I just can't say it enough..the man is just soooo super talented!! and YES I think you could definitely tell that the crowd was "into him" big time!! how can you not be though??? sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:32 pm

And I would also like to add that the performance that is getting more audience responses is the Georgia, which is a slower, calmer performance and still the crowd is more hype during this than LIL's single Ladies, or Michael's In love with a girl.

I wonder how this crowd were during HTH...

And I agree Lisa, that he sounds AMAZING doing georgia. SO beautiful and moving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Lana wrote:
And I would also like to add that the performance that is getting more audience responses is the Georgia, which is a slower, calmer performance and still the crowd is more hype during this than LIL's single Ladies, or Michael's In love with a girl.

I wonder how this crowd were during HTH...

And I agree Lisa, that he sounds AMAZING doing georgia. SO beautiful and moving.

I know Lana..I was thinking the same thing about the HTH thing!! I was like WOW! I wish I could have seen that one too! drunken Bless Lil..I really think she's a decent singer and maybe its just cuz I'm comparing her to Beyonce here on this song but she seems almost out of breath at times when she's singing that song...but like I said I think overall she does a good job!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:27 pm

Guys! I see it coming!
A lot of people who were not quite sure about Matt now are asking what is taking so long for him to get a record deal? It really is amazing to see.
Even in his youtube videos everyone is rooting for him to be the next one signed!

It just has to happen now guys! It would be a travesty if he's not given a chance to record.
I think he might even get a major label deal like we are all waiting for.

Really I can't wait for the day he makes an official announcement regarding a record deal.
The party we will throw in here! Yay.. It's coming.. I just know it. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lumma

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:34 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
Guys! I see it coming!
A lot of people who were not quite sure about Matt now are asking what is taking so long for him to get a record deal? It really is amazing to see.
Even in his youtube videos everyone is rooting for him to be the next one signed!

It just has to happen now guys! It would be a travesty if he's not given a chance to record.
I think he might even get a major label deal like we are all waiting for.

Really I can't wait for the day he makes an official announcement regarding a record deal.
The party we will throw in here! Yay.. It's coming.. I just know it. bounce

PLEASE! Sign this guy ALREADY!! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:01 pm

More from MJ's...

Quote :
I enjoyed your review, Fernando. I admit to being an Adam fan but I do love Idol and enjoyed everyone when I saw the show in LA. Matt set the place on fire with his first number. Loud, fast, all over the stage, back to the piano and playing while standing up … he is SO GOOD on the piano! I like his sound and his energy … no trace of the uncertainty that he sometimes had on the show. Very likeable guy, very entertaining. We were standing and dancing for the first number …

I love this one the most...

Quote :

Regarding the positive comments people in this thread made about Matt: YES, YES, YES!
He’s my new fave, Adam is my old fave. Tee Hee!

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Hey guys, please don't worry about the Adam comments. I shouldn't have expressed anything about it. I'm really no Adam fan. I just like him better than Kris (and that's because I really don't like Kris). I haven't seen any video of those Idols, only Matt's. I can't drum up any interest in seeing any of the others.

I'm really HAPPY to hear about all the good reviews and converts at mjs. Thank you for bringing them over here, coz I can't stand that site. Even with these positive Matty feedback, I still think that site is evil, heheh. The blogger allowed all these bashing comments against Matt, and if you dared defend him, she'd surely edit you out and ban you. Aaarrgggh! Evil.

Matty for success! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:33 am

Here's a very enthusiastic review from a person who enjoyed the entire show and complimented each of the Idols. And I liked what she (he?) said about Matt because she/he was not a Matt fan before seeing him in concert.

from undrwood9098:

Matt- Best stage presence of the bunch. He can sing like no other; he's got the perfect tone of voice for great jazz/blues sounds. His
runs during songs are amazing! I love his version of "Georgia On My Mind". He did a great job!

Yay! Another new Matt fan! cheers Matt's got all the buzz from the tour (besides the 3 signed Idols).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 am

Mattyfan no need to apologize for expressing yourself. This is a free board so please don't feel afraid to voice your opinion! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:17 am

Jenna wrote:
Mattyfan no need to apologize for expressing yourself. This is a free board so please don't feel afraid to voice your opinion! Very Happy

Thanks, Jenna! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:19 pm

You Found Me...

Back to top Go down
cecilie

PostSubject: Copy of the concert?   Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:34 am

Hey everyone - just got a tip that you can buy a relatively good copy of the entire San diego concert check out the link http://www.youtube.com/user/RadioTodd#play/all/uploads-all/0/el9wDnPGtFs and send an email to OHMYGODITSTODD@HOTMAIL.COM haven't done it - so don't know the price, if the guy is legit or anything..
But I am tempted since I live SO FAR away from all the MATTY action LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:44 am

I thought about buying us one and then sharing it but like you cecilie not sure he is legit especially since he doesn't do paypal...

Hello! Thanks alot for emailing me! This is a PHENOMENAL 3 DVD set, I am sure that you would really enjoy it!!! They will come in a 3 DVD case with beautiful artwork (DVD cover). It runs nearly 2 1/2 hours and nothing is left out! This is the complete show! If you are interested, I would ask just $19 plus shipping. If you live in the U.S. your TOTAL would be $22. I would mail your package using U.S.P.S. First Class with delivery confirmation.If you live outside the U.S. the TOTAL would be $26 and I would ship your package FIrst Class International. For payment, right now I would prefer a money order or even a personal check from you. I cannot accept Paypal at this time sorry. My address is below. I would email you as soon as I received your payment and then ship the DVDs within two days. After I have mailed your package I would also email you with your tracking number (delivery confirmation). Well, just let me know if you are still interested. Either way, thanks again and have a WONDERFUL day!!!
Todd

Todd Davey
5519 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. #253
San Diego, CA 92117

P.S. In case you have not seen it yet or haven't seen ALL of the clips....here are three links to my YouTube page to view clips from the DVDs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el9wDnPGtFs&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epX0Y8aZ4to&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWZ9hdcXZHM&fmt=18

The quality of the DVDs will be even better than what you see on YouTube!!!

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:45 am

And besides who wants the whole concert anyway? Not me! The email I sent him I asked if I could just get Matt's set but as you see he didn't answer the question. Also I think it is criminal that he is making money off of our Matt! Mad

When the tour is over we can pick out the best video and make our own video if someone knows how to make downloads of youtube videos.

Back to top Go down
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:40 am

jenna,

I wrote a comment earlier in this thread that said I'm pretty sure 19E ain't gonna like that this guy is selling bootleg copies of he tour! Mad I agree that even though we would like a DVD of Matt's performance, none of the Idols will see any royalties from the sales. Also, I don't understand why this guy 'can't accept Paypal at this time'. scratch Maybe this concert DVD sounds too good to be true! Suspect

Anyway, over on the MyIdol forum, someone started a thread requesting that an OFFICIAL DVD of the concert be sold after the tour is over. A lot of fans outside the United States wanted to buy a DVD, since the tour only goes to the US and Canada. 19E has never offered an official DVD before, but I'm hoping that this year will be different because of Adam's popularity and predictions that Adam will be an international star! I would buy the DVD, even if I think 19E makes plenty of money off the fans already! LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:13 am

I just found this comment over on the MyIdol forum, under the thread titled, "has anyone met the idols yet?". The poster does seem to be objective, since he/she didn't list any of this year's contestants as his/her favorite Idols.

greenjadeddragon wrote:
In San Diego, Danny came out around 1:30, followed by Michael and Matt. All were genuinely nice and took pictures with everyone
and signed for each and every person that wanted it. [It goes on to mention that there were a few Danny haters in the crowd, but
no signs of any Matt haters there!]
After the concert was really hectic... All the idols but Allison came out. I found Matt the most commendable since he even came
back a second round to make sure he got to everyone.

cheers We're so lucky to be fans of someone who is so thoughtful and appreciative. Nope, we never see anything smug about Matt!

I hate to be negative about other Idols on Matt's board, but I can't help but compare the attitudes of some of the others to Matt's. scratch It seems from a lot of the fans' reports that Danny, Michael and Matt are almost always meeting fans before the shows. (I think they said only Michael was brave enough to go outside in the Arizona heat.) The rest of the Idols are more sporadic when it comes to meeting the fans informally. Now I don't blame Kris or Adam because they always have the most interviews to do, and they're busy recording their solo albums. Also, I noticed that Allison is less available to fans, but I figure that because she is a minor, child labor laws restrict the number of hours that she can"work" (even if that means just talking to fans and signing autographs). In addition, Allison might still be studying and taking home schooling lessons while on tour? confused

As for the other un-signed Idols, I say it would be to their benefit to try to spend as much time as possible, "schmoozing" with the fans before the shows. Even if the fans are there primarily for Kris and Adam, it doesn't hurt to show some good will towards all of them. I've heard how Matt has been charming Adam fans, Kris fans, Danny fans, etc. because he takes time before the concerts and is so gracious and sweet. Hey, you never know how many of these fans could end up buying your CDs in the future! Idea The word is spreading that Matt genuinely is one of the nicest and most likable Idols, since some people didn't seem to get that impression while he was on the TV show!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Jenna wrote:
And besides who wants the whole concert anyway? Not me! The email I sent him I asked if I could just get Matt's set but as you see he didn't answer the question. Also I think it is criminal that he is making money off of our Matt! Mad

When the tour is over we can pick out the best video and make our own video if someone knows how to make downloads of youtube videos.

yeah I was thinking the same thing - he seems a little to eager to make some money...!
So lets just stick to what we can figure out on our own
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:49 am

From AI boards...

Quote :

I enjoyed Matt's performances. Particularly, I liked his Fray song "You Found Me". Not sure why, really catchy; I've been listening to his mp3 song for almost a week now and can't get it out of my head.

See I told you it's just the Adam cult following at MJ's that didn't like Matt's performance at MJ's. They have probably sipped too much of Adam kool-aid

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: San Diego, CA Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:10 pm

Wow amazing video...so close and clear!

Georgia

Back to top Go down
Jenna