Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Melancholy Matty

Go down 
+6
Puppyeyes82
mattyg93
mero17
Jenna
OvenMitt
Lisa_M
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Twitter for 7/21/09   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 am

Ok I don't know if I'm just being a worry wart here but his tweet for this morning kinda bothered me and made me feel a lil sad for him Embarassed ..it sounds like the tour might be wearing on him a little bit with all the crazy fans and stuff but its only going to get worse..ya know...I just hope that he is ready for what being quote a "star" and celebrity means. I can only imagine what its like and I don't think just anyone can handle it. I mean I think Matt will probably be fine because he is such a personable, fun loving person but kinda makes me just a little sad and worried about him because I think he's feeling a little overwhelmed and I'm not sure that's a good thing at this early stage.. Embarassed scratch I'm sure he has enough energy for SURE (his hyperness) but still hope he's not thinking...DAMN..what did i get myself in to??? LOL Razz

Anyone else bothered or concerned about this or am I just reading to much into it? He also keeps talking about taking a vacation after tour which would be ok but he's also gonna have to be very busy making all his contacts, etc.....just some thoughts...his "quiet bar" piano days are over for him..probably sad for him but true

Below is what he typed...

All I wanna do is have a nice dinner and wear a different type of hat and sit in the corner of the lounge here and play the piano for

People who have no idea who I am Smile night ya'll. See ya in a few hours.
about 4 hours ago from TwitterFon
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:50 am

I was kind of thrown off by these tweets from Matt this morning. Seems as though our guy might be having a tough time with his sudden fame (and even more sudden popularity!):

"All I wanna do is have a nice dinner and wear a different type of hat and sit in the corner of the lounge here and play the piano for people"

"People who have no idea who I am Smile night ya'll. See ya in a few hours."

Aw! Maybe it was that Arizona heat that sucks the life out of you. Maybe it was the four shows in five days. Maybe everything has finally hit Matt like a Mack truck. At any rate, I suggest all us Giraud Squadders send Matt some words of encouragement. If not on Twitter, then perhaps Facebook. I think Matt would appreciate getting a boost from his fans by reading all the great things we have to say about him!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:53 am

My guess is he is probably reading the shit over at MJ's. If he is I wish he'd stay away from negative crap like that. I hope he is ok and that he gets much needed rest for the next two days.

I think Matt just desparately wants to play music. I don't think he wants to be famous like Adam but he does want to be respected and appreciated as a musician and playing for AI fans is not going to give him that. I personally can't wait for this tour to be over so he can move on with his career.

And no Lisa you are not the only one saddened or worried by that tweet. I wonder if this is why he didn't go out to the buses yesterday during the day?
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 pm

Good idea Ovenmitt. I am going to merge the 2 threads on this topic.
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:46 pm

I hope he's not reading those stupid comments at MJ that don't make any sense!!
These are made by Adam's fans who feel that the tour is no longer an "adam's show" and that Matt is getting GREAT reviews EVERY CONCERT and very few bad ones!!
so..They start bashing him again..They can't bash his talent(duh!!)..so they hate on his song choices, set order and all this BS that Kris's voice suits a fray song more than Matt!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Our mission today:cheer our guy up!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:51 pm

mero17 wrote:
These are made by Adam's fans who feel that the tour is no longer an "adam's show" and that Matt is getting GREAT reviews EVERY CONCERT and very few bad ones!!
so..They start bashing him again..They can't bash his talent(duh!!)..so they hate on his song choices, set order and all this BS that Kris's voice suits a fray song more than Matt!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

LOL those were the same thoughts I had!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:12 pm

You guys think he is melancholy? Maybe he is a bit tired.
I sure hope he doesn't read the mj' stuff either. If I were him I would stay away from that blog and just do my thing.

Also he said he might catch up a movie with Adam! Heh.
I think those two are becoming closer on tour. That's cool, I like Adam as a person but I don't like his music or performance style.

I also think maybe Matt is still a bit weary about his future, this tweet to me means he is still on a limbo stage regarding a recording contract and I am mad at that.
By this point millions of offers should be coming at him, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Jenna wrote:
mero17 wrote:

LOL those were the same thoughts I had!

yeah I know ..great minds we have! lol!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:27 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
You guys think he is melancholy? Maybe he is a bit tired.
I sure hope he doesn't read the mj' stuff either. If I were him I would stay away from that blog and just do my thing.

Also he said he might catch up a movie with Adam! Heh.
I think those two are becoming closer on tour. That's cool, I like Adam as a person but I don't like his music or performance style.

I also think maybe Matt is still a bit weary about his future, this tweet to me means he is still on a limbo stage regarding a recording contract and I am mad at that.
By this point millions of offers should be coming at him, don't you think?

I actually think that Matt IS getting offers by this point. Maybe the problem is that the offers he's getting are trying to pull him away from the kind of music he feels is in his heart. He sems in a power struggle with everyone who keeps chanting, "R&B! JT! Get that money!". The man has clearly stated that he wants to make soul/rock music. I can't get that Diddy tweet out of my head, when he said, "I could have been HUGE!" in reference to some new Making The Band commercial. I feel that he may have been offered to front something like that but wasn't into it. I know it's a farfetched idea, but you never know! Anyway, maybe those tweets from this morning were just Matt kind of blowing off steam. We all have our moments, and perhaps he was having one at the time. I think a day off is a good thing. Probably for all of them.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:27 pm

you know the more I think about this I think we all are just like a bunch of little mother hens for Matt..LOL...we all care about him so immensely that I think we probably over analyze things and worry about him too much because us as women tend to do this! (raises hand, i'm guility) No Surprised

I think your right ovenmitt or who ever said the thing about him probably just being totally exhausted from so many shows in a row (they do have a VERY grueling schedule) plus being in 130 to 140 degree weather (especially if your not use to it) so all of this combined with thousands of screaming fans would make anyone be a little on the stressed side..even in the best of circumstances ...he did also put a Smile after he said it so I think our matty is OK..just needs some "down" time...I know they have TWO days off in a row coming up so I hope this helps them all! I think the only reason he didn't go out to the fans yesterday during the day was because he made a comment he was going to MELT and GOD help us...we sure don't want Our sweet matty to melt away from us Crying or Very sad

another thing I got to thinking is there have been times when ppl have texted me something and they meant it one way and I took it a totally different way then what they meant so I think sometimes its easy to do that ..so we probably shouldn't really speculate on his state of mind unless we heard it straight from the horses mouth!! Razz

Also Matty seems quite popular with all the other Idols...He seems to hang out with them ALL!! First Danny, then Anoop, then Kris, then Michael and now its Adam..he sures gets around!! cheers I think its great..I'm sure they ALL love him!! I know I do!!!
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:01 pm

I read through all the posts on MJs and I am not taking away the negative vibes that I'm reading about here. Yeah, some of the "advice" is crap but for the most part, the posters are all acknowledging the tremendous amount of talent that Matt has. I don't agree with their opinions but they don't seem to be given with any animosity. Most end with some sort of praise for Matt. IDK, maybe I have to go back and read them again.

I hope he's happy.......
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:09 pm

I too was worried when I saw the tweet earlier. I think the roller coaster ride continues somewhat for Matt. He has to be so excited about the tour and the wonderful reviews he is getting yet the traveling and being away from family and friends (your support network) can be difficult even when you are doing what you love. ( I kind of think of when I went away to college--- couldn't wait to go, loved being there, had tons of fun but still every so often got a bit homesick or missing familiar things-- anyways..just my ramblin' thoughts). I think the couple days rest and just getting to do what he wants will help out. He is such a sensitive-type guy, and tries to please others so much-- I just hope he doesn't take any negativity to heart. I do worry about that sometimes.

I like the idea of us squaddies sending him our love on twitter. He has lots of fans now, but hey his squaddies have ALWAYS been there for him! I love you
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:14 am

Hmmm..so in the middle of everybody going crazy on trying to trend Matt last night/this early morning he wrote this in his twitter....

Interesting quote I heard.."Though all of our stories and destinies are different, they are all written by the same hand"

I just wish I really knew what is going on in his head??? Does anyone else feel this way? I just wish I could see Matt happy all the time! I'm sad when I "think" he is sad...just wish I knew how he's feeling about his future?? I wonder if he is feeling overwhelmed? excited? maybe a little of both? I just want him to be HAPPY! >>>> Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:30 am

Lisa_M wrote:
Hmmm..so in the middle of everybody going crazy on trying to trend Matt last night/this early morning he wrote this in his twitter....

Interesting quote I heard.."Though all of our stories and destinies are different, they are all written by the same hand"

I just wish I really knew what is going on in his head??? Does anyone else feel this way? I just wish I could see Matt happy all the time! I'm sad when I "think" he is sad...just wish I knew how he's feeling about his future?? I wonder if he is feeling overwhelmed? excited? maybe a little of both? I just want him to be HAPPY! >>>> Very Happy

I def think he is happy playing music and that he is enjoying the tour - but it might have dawned on him for real that this is a tough industry and that it is not only about getting seen but it also has to do with the choices you make and with being at the right spot, at the right time, with the right people.
However this quote IMO could be about that your story/destiny is set in stone by the "big guy in sky" and that He has a masterplan for each and everyone and that this differs according to what is best for you and who you are as a person.
I don't like to think that this is maybe making Matt wonder about wether he is ever going to get a recorddeal...Is he thinking that he should stick to smaller gigs, writing music in a small scale , mentoring young musicians...
His personality seems to be the vulnarable kind - so is he afraid to venture off into this crazy industry-inferno??

On the other hand he is just starting out and he has come a long way in terms of being more confident...
Well I don't know...
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:32 am

cecilie wrote:
Lisa_M wrote:

I def think he is happy playing music and that he is enjoying the tour - but it might have dawned on him for real that this is a tough industry and that it is not only about getting seen but it also has to do with the choices you make and with being at the right spot, at the right time, with the right people.
However this quote IMO could be about that your story/destiny is set in stone by the "big guy in sky" and that He has a masterplan for each and everyone and that this differs according to what is best for you and who you are as a person.
I don't like to think that this is maybe making Matt wonder about wether he is ever going to get a recorddeal...Is he thinking that he should stick to smaller gigs, writing music in a small scale , mentoring young musicians...
His personality seems to be the vulnarable kind - so is he afraid to venture off into this crazy industry-inferno??

On the other hand he is just starting out and he has come a long way in terms of being more confident...
Well I don't know...

I swear all of us on here think alike because Cecilie you said everything I was thinking too! Lol...I did actually love that quote he wrote because it does hold alot of truth as far as sometimes life is just about "fate" and destiny and what the good lord wants for you.

I also think he is happy on tour but I'm sure he is a little uncertain or wondering which direction he should take?? I want him to Shoot for the Stars but I know unfortunately things don't always happen as fast as we want them to Neutral I'm totally ok with Matt doing smaller venues to start out and stuff I just don't want him to be forgotten by the general public..I just hope he can continue to grow and grow. I don't want him to go back to being just a "lounge or bar" piano player and singer. The only thing he said the other day that kind of bothered me a little was when he said he would be happy playing in "churches"..that kinda threw me just a little scratch I know Matt is a spritual person and I really love that about him because it does keep him so grounded and humble but I truly hope he doesn't venture off too much into the "gospel" field of music because I just think he is tooo talented for "just that". hmmmm The last thing I wanted to comment on that you brought up was the fact that Matt does seem to be a very vulnerable and sensitive guy (that's another reason we all love him so much) but I think that does tend to affect his confidence at times and he really seems to need the encouragement of everyone...(we saw what the judges on Idol seemed to do to him)...so I guess all we can do is continue to love him to death! Very Happy I know I do and support him in whatever he does!
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
The only thing he said the other day that kind of bothered me a little was when he said he would be happy playing in "churches"..that kinda threw me just a little scratch I know Matt is a spritual person and I really love that about him because it does keep him so grounded and humble but I truly hope he doesn't venture off too much into the "gospel" field of music because I just think he is tooo talented for "just that".

Hmm, I don't agree that "gospel" music is a step down in the music industry. And most people that are spiritual feel the same. Singing for God is better than singing just for man. I am pretty sure that is how Matt feels, and probably was thinking in that direction when he mentioned singing in churches. It's good he doesn't want to lose that part of him - which is very honorable. Most musicians will start singing in the church and then once they are signed to a major label - they won't ever step back foot in one. To me, that is what is sad.

So I was encouraged by that statement. In fact, I started thinking of ways to get him to come play in my church! haha. Concerts in large churches can bring thousands of people in. I am sure that is not the peak of Matt's dream - but the fact that he even mentioned it, shows his humility and grounding in who he is. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Cacity87 wrote:
Lisa_M wrote:
The only thing he said the other day that kind of bothered me a little was when he said he would be happy playing in "churches"..that kinda threw me just a little scratch I know Matt is a spritual person and I really love that about him because it does keep him so grounded and humble but I truly hope he doesn't venture off too much into the "gospel" field of music because I just think he is tooo talented for "just that".

Hmm, I don't agree that "gospel" music is a step down in the music industry. And most people that are spiritual feel the same. Singing for God is better than singing just for man. I am pretty sure that is how Matt feels, and probably was thinking in that direction when he mentioned singing in churches. It's good he doesn't want to lose that part of him - which is very honorable. Most musicians will start singing in the church and then once they are signed to a major label - they won't ever step back foot in one. To me, that is what is sad.

So I was encouraged by that statement. In fact, I started thinking of ways to get him to come play in my church! haha. Concerts in large churches can bring thousands of people in. I am sure that is not the peak of Matt's dream - but the fact that he even mentioned it, shows his humility and grounding in who he is. Smile

Hey Cacity..First of all I never said that singing gospel music was a bad thing and "dishonorable"....Just so you know I come from a very spiritual upbringing myself and I'm a born again christian and do know jesus as my personal saviour. My mom is one of the most spritual people you could ever meet SO with that being said...all I was trying to say is that I hope Matt doesn't go ENTIRELY in the gospel direction because I would like for the whole "general population" to "know him" and get to hear his music also because he is a very beautiful and talented singer and piano player. I think it is awesome that Matt is also a christian (like I said) because that is one reason he is such a awesome person! I hope he can share his music with his church or any other church for that matter..I'm sure that would mean a lot to him in his spritual walk with the Lord...just as I get very uplifted by the singing at my church also..

My point was..do you see Kris Allen releasing a christian album as his "first big album" and he's a christian?? No he is releasing a album for the "mainstream" people...I love Matt for the person that he is and I am very impressed with him as a person and who never want him to "compromise" his principles in the least..

I'm not wanting to start a argument on here with you about this but I was somewhat offended by your response to me..I never meant to sound like Matt would be "downgrading" if he sang christian music..
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:11 pm

Lisa_M wrote:

Hey Cacity..First of all I never said that singing gospel music was a bad thing and "dishonorable"....Just so you know I come from a very spiritual upbringing myself and I'm a born again christian and do know jesus as my personal saviour. My mom is one of the most spritual people you could ever meet SO with that being said...all I was trying to say is that I hope Matt doesn't go ENTIRELY in the gospel direction because I would like for the whole "general population" to "know him" and get to hear his music also because he is a very beautiful and talented singer and piano player. I think it is awesome that Matt is also a christian (like I said) because that is one reason he is such a awesome person! I hope he can share his music with his church or any other church for that matter..I'm sure that would mean a lot to him in his spritual walk with the Lord...just as I get very uplifted by the singing at my church also..

My point was..do you see Kris Allen releasing a christian album as his "first big album" and he's a christian?? No he is releasing a album for the "mainstream" people...I love Matt for the person that he is and I am very impressed with him as a person and who never want him to "compromise" his principles in the least..

I'm not wanting to start a argument on here with you about this but I was somewhat offended by your response to me..I never meant to sound like Matt would be "downgrading" if he sang christian music..

I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to offend you by my reply. I just wanted to give my perspective about Matt singing gospel music. Nothing personal. I understand completely what you mean. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
pasnthru

pasnthru

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Matt has such a good head on his shoulders. I think we're all being nervous Nellies for nothing Smile
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Cacity87 wrote:
Lisa_M wrote:

I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to offend you by my reply. I just wanted to give my perspective about Matt singing gospel music. Nothing personal. I understand completely what you mean. Smile

Thank you cacity..I'm sorry also if I sounded rude in anyway...I just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't at all knocking Matt for singing or liking christian music is all..I know we all just want to support him in anything and everything he does because he ROCKS!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Melancholy Matty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melancholy Matty   Melancholy Matty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Melancholy Matty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt There is Nothing Small About You!-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com