HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

Memphis, TN Show!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:04 pm

From MJ's...

Quote :

Matt- Got the biggest reception so far. Lots of love for him and he was really good. Best stage presence of the first 6. Wonderful piano playing. My daughter even stopped texting long enough to notice.

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:05 pm

From MJ's...

Quote :
Matt was also on fire tonight. Dang, this boy is fine!!! My heart melted a bit when he put on that hat of his! Matt has definitely stepped out of his shell and into his own self. His piano skills are hot… He has so much talent and will definitely sell out his own shows. I have no doubt in my mind he will be successful. He was outstanding and one of the standouts of the night to me!

Back to top Go down
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:25 pm

cranberry wrote:
Jenna wrote:

WOOOOOO,these are great photos and I love this! I love you

HS!! I love this picture. It's artsy, really beautiful and hot - aww and makes me wanna be that mic... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:36 pm

You Found Me...

Back to top Go down
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Jenna wrote:
You Found Me...

Its funny because the girl taping, or someone next to her, is singing along with the song and i can hear her better than Matt.
I think it's great that people are really getting into the song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:47 pm

sgr91 wrote:
Jenna wrote:
You Found Me...

Its funny because the girl taping, or someone next to her, is singing along with the song and i can hear her better than Matt.
I think it's great that people are really getting into the song.

LOL it's the girl taping it because she apologizes for her singing.

Back to top Go down
graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:50 pm

Jenna wrote:
From MJ's...

Quote :
Matt was also on fire tonight. Dang, this boy is fine!!! My heart melted a bit when he put on that hat of his! Matt has definitely stepped out of his shell and into his own self. His piano skills are hot… He has so much talent and will definitely sell out his own shows. I have no doubt in my mind he will be successful. He was outstanding and one of the standouts of the night to me!

Heck Yeah!! bounce cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:52 pm

Jenna wrote:
You Found Me...

Man, That crowd was dead, the energy was whack, that couple who got up to leave is lame, the girl taking the video was singing the wrong words (I love her for trying though).

All in All, I'm just ready for Matt and the rest to put this Memphis stop behind them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peacehope

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:12 pm

So great to see folks waking up to Matt's talent. It's about time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Only 27 seconds but we all know 27 seconds of Matt is better than 10 hours of anyone else!

Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:34 pm

Lana wrote:
Jenna wrote:
You Found Me...

Man, That crowd was dead, the energy was whack, that couple who got up to leave is lame, the girl taking the video was singing the wrong words (I love her for trying though).

All in All, I'm just ready for Matt and the rest to put this Memphis stop behind them...

I know..everyone on Twitter kept talking about how "Lame" the crowd was!! That is really strange because they have gotten such a AWESOME reception everywhere else!! Dang people this is where the King of Rock-n-Roll is from you would think they'd be a little more Lively!! geeshh!! poor idols...michael s. was really kinda upset over the reception they gave him (he twitted it too).. I'm glad Matt's was pretty good.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:39 pm

cranberry wrote:
Riley 9 wrote:
Ha-ha, I knew no one could resist The Power of the Pants tm! We're not the only ones admiring Matt's booty! Very Happy

I'm glad to see more people comparing Matt's piano skills to Jerry Lee Lewis. That is who I thought of after watching the first concert in Portland! Matt is a true musician, and he'll stand out from the other new artists when people see his energy behind the piano! cheers

Furthermore, his ass is outstanding in these pants,lol,that is so part of the delight and a true observation..
The Power of the Pants FTW!

I feel like exploding with all this great response and Matt gaining new fans in every city. Going places! cheers

Cranberry...your referring to his "ass" in this picture?..mmmm..something else seems to be a little more outstanding to me in this particular picture!! bom ...oops..my bad.. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Jenna wrote:

I think I just died and went to heaven!!! Oh Lord help me!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Right there with you!! That angelic yet devilish look...I don't know anybody that can pull off those two looks at the same time.
I just melted, and now i have to go to bed - how will I ever get some sleep - my blood is racing and my heart is pounding!!
Ok I must think of something boring, must think of something boring....ahh the cleaning I have to do wednesday after af full work day...zzzzz Sleep
Night you sassy, dirty women lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:57 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
cranberry wrote:
Riley 9 wrote:
Ha-ha, I knew no one could resist The Power of the Pants tm! We're not the only ones admiring Matt's booty! Very Happy

I'm glad to see more people comparing Matt's piano skills to Jerry Lee Lewis. That is who I thought of after watching the first concert in Portland! Matt is a true musician, and he'll stand out from the other new artists when people see his energy behind the piano! cheers

Furthermore, his ass is outstanding in these pants,lol,that is so part of the delight and a true observation..
The Power of the Pants FTW!

I feel like exploding with all this great response and Matt gaining new fans in every city. Going places! cheers

Cranberry...your referring to his "ass" in this picture?..mmmm..something else seems to be a little more outstanding to me in this particular picture!! bom ...oops..my bad.. tongue

Nope, not referring to any pic ,just that spot-on tweet..And that picture is just bellissimo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:16 pm

cecilie wrote:
Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Right there with you!! That angelic yet devilish look...I don't know anybody that can pull off those two looks at the same time.
I just melted, and now i have to go to bed - how will I ever get some sleep - my blood is racing and my heart is pounding!!
Ok I must think of something boring, must think of something boring....ahh the cleaning I have to do wednesday after af full work day...zzzzz Sleep

Ummm Cecilie for some reason I don't think Slutty Sally I mean Lisa was speaking about his devilish look in that picture. Shame on you Lisa,,, Embarassed but I was wondering when someone was going to comment on that particular picture.

Back to top Go down
graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Jenna wrote:
cecilie wrote:
Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Ummm Cecilie for some reason I don't think Slutty Sally I mean Lisa was speaking about his devilish look in that picture. Shame on you Lisa,,, Embarassed but I was wondering when someone was going to comment on that particular picture.

I would have jenna but Lisa stole Slutty Sally and Gracie would never notice such things-- Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:25 pm

Jenna wrote:
cecilie wrote:
Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Hahaha Jenna..ya leave it to me..well dang I'm just sayin..its kind of obvious ya know! Very Happy Thank you Mr. Douglas the Photographer is all I can say!! ..WOWSA! cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:34 pm

OMG Gracie and Lisa stop it! You are crackig me up and I am on the phone with a friend and I can't stop laughing! Razz

Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Jenna wrote:
OMG Gracie and Lisa stop it! You are crackig me up and I am on the phone with a friend and I can't stop laughing! Razz

I I love you you guys!...your so, so, so much fun and funny!! And YES Miss Gracie you WOULD notice "these" things..ok I'm outta here...niters you all!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:50 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

I I love you you guys!...your so, so, so much fun and funny!! And YES Miss Gracie you WOULD notice "these" things..ok I'm outta here...niters you all!!! Very Happy

Nite Lisa/Sally lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crys7

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Here's a segment of a review of the Memphis show. The writer is an Adam fan but gave Matt lots of credit. She also says something about music industry people she was sitting near only talking about Matt & Adam! I also wanted to find a review b/c from what I've read, Memphis was a tough crowd. Glad Matt was able to wake them up!

Quote :
The first 6 performers: The first four performances are well-meaning but not very engaging. It’s Lil’s “hometown” concert but she really just gets a lukewarm response. Things get a lot better when Anoop takes the stage. His personality really shines and his voice is really quite good. He also does a great job working the floor. And some people in the audience are finally paying attention.

Then Matt takes the stage and delivers the first breakout performance of the night. He is energetic, engages the audience and just fun. His performance of “Hard to Handle” is great, he tears across the piano with a style that would make Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis proud. He then commands the entire area with a piano solo performance of “Georgia on My Mind” – no band, no special effects, just one man and a piano. Matt’s massively talented and I would buy a ticket for a Matt concert any day of the week.

Intermission, Ford commercials start again, I know that more videos of Carrie, Daughtry and Cook. We go into the Club Suite and avoid them. The other people in the suite are all involved in the music business. All anyone can talk about is Matt, and the countdown to Adam. One of our music pro friends express one concern about Adam, he needs to be careful that he doesn’t become a caricature. At first I am offended, but then I realize the danger is real. I hope he has really wise management. But everyone agrees that he really could be a star.

Full review: http://mjsbigblog.com/q3s-american-idol-tour-2009-little-rock-recap.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crys7

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Ha ha! Just finished reading the end of the same review I just posted. Really liked this reviewer.

Quote :
We head out to get some dinner on Beale Street. Finally we settle on a club with a late kitchen and dueling piano players. We start eating, the music is great. The piano players are both better than Scott or Kris, but not Matt. We start talking about how surprisingly good Matt is, we agree the judges were right to save him and wish that the happy, fun, secure Matt we saw tonight had been on Idol. All the sudden the piano players start singing “Georgia on My Mind”. Third time tonight! What a strange, wonderful world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:13 pm

crys7 wrote:
Here's a segment of a review of the Memphis show. The writer is an Adam fan but gave Matt lots of credit. She also says something about music industry people she was sitting near only talking about Matt & Adam! I also wanted to find a review b/c from what I've read, Memphis was a tough crowd. Glad Matt was able to wake them up!

Quote :
The first 6 performers: The first four performances are well-meaning but not very engaging. It’s Lil’s “hometown” concert but she really just gets a lukewarm response. Things get a lot better when Anoop takes the stage. His personality really shines and his voice is really quite good. He also does a great job working the floor. And some people in the audience are finally paying attention.

Then Matt takes the stage and delivers the first breakout performance of the night. He is energetic, engages the audience and just fun. His performance of “Hard to Handle” is great, he tears across the piano with a style that would make Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis proud. He then commands the entire area with a piano solo performance of “Georgia on My Mind” – no band, no special effects, just one man and a piano. Matt’s massively talented and I would buy a ticket for a Matt concert any day of the week.

Intermission, Ford commercials start again, I know that more videos of Carrie, Daughtry and Cook. We go into the Club Suite and avoid them. The other people in the suite are all involved in the music business. All anyone can talk about is Matt, and the countdown to Adam. One of our music pro friends express one concern about Adam, he needs to be careful that he doesn’t become a caricature. At first I am offended, but then I realize the danger is real. I hope he has really wise management. But everyone agrees that he really could be a star.

Full review: http://mjsbigblog.com/q3s-american-idol-tour-2009-little-rock-recap.htm

What a great review! I am thrilled to hear that industry people are taking notice of Matt. I was hopeful that his stage presence would be a plus in getting noticed and it sounds like they have taken notice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:47 pm

OMG!
I just read this latest review and now I am more excited than ever.
I had a feeling that some music executives and people from the industry might in the Memphis show. Yes! They were talkng about Matt during the intermission. Yes! They finally see the potential.
I am so positive now that the record deal offer is approaching.

Matt is just a star up there in that stage. He just has to get signed.. I am so happy tonight! bounce Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   

Back to top Go down

Memphis, TN Show!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next