Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Someone please help me to understand this...

Go down 
+8
mero17
Puppyeyes82
lumma
Lisa_M
mattyg93
OvenMitt
Jenna
Lana
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Lana

Lana

Someone please help me to understand this... Empty
PostSubject: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:57 pm

The whole thing about contracts, deals, and record labels kinda confuses me (I'll admit it). that is part of the reason I was hoping that Matt would be picked up by 19, so that I knew he was signed and would no longer have to worry about him. However, since he wasn't, I felt like there was still a good chance for him to be picked up by a major label judging by how great he is performing on this tour, and how much buzz he is generating for himself. But this recent quote from Mansfield has me even more anxious for Matt:

1:27 RichardRushfield: There is always a deal out there to be had- its just a question of what kinda of deal and how big

1:27 Brian Mansfield: He’s [danny] talking to the people in town he needs to talk to. If they don’t announce before Aug. 19 (is that right?), it won’t be a big deal. But once it’s done, he needs to get his butt moving.

The first quote is great, because it means that Matt's chances of at least being signed somewhere (even if not with a major label) is really good. Odds are in favor of it. What confuses me about the second part is that if an announcement about a deal isn't made before Aug. 19, they probably won't be signed with a major label??? I know that Danny has been talking a lot about his pending deal, so I believe this may happen for Danny, but we haven't really been hearing anything about Matt being approached yet and that scares me a little. I always thought that news of a major signing (outside of 19) would come after the 20th??

Well, I don't know, I'm more confused now than ever..
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Lana wrote:
The whole thing about contracts, deals, and record labels kinda confuses me (I'll admit it). that is part of the reason I was hoping that Matt would be picked up by 19, so that I knew he was signed and would no longer have to worry about him. However, since he wasn't, I felt like there was still a good chance for him to be picked up by a major label judging by how great he is performing on this tour, and how much buzz he is generating for himself. But this recent quote from Mansfield has me even more anxious for Matt:

1:27 RichardRushfield: There is always a deal out there to be had- its just a question of what kinda of deal and how big

1:27 Brian Mansfield: He’s [danny] talking to the people in town he needs to talk to. If they don’t announce before Aug. 19 (is that right?), it won’t be a big deal. But once it’s done, he needs to get his butt moving.

The first quote is great, because it means that Matt's chances of at least being signed somewhere (even if not with a major label) is really good. Odds are in favor of it. What confuses me about the second part is that if an announcement about a deal isn't made before Aug. 19, they probably won't be signed with a major label??? I know that Danny has been talking a lot about his pending deal, so I believe this may happen for Danny, but we haven't really been hearing anything about Matt being approached yet and that scares me a little. I always thought that news of a major signing (outside of 19) would come after the 20th??

Well, I don't know, I'm more confused now than ever..

No it will mean that 19Evil has decided not to pickthem up and they are left with finding a deal on their own. Their contracts with 19Evil are up August 20th and at that time they become free agents and can talk to record labels about signing them.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Ok, right so, if a deal isn't announced before the 19th, then they are not signing with 19. I knew that much. Makes sense now. We all pretty much know that no one else are gonna be signed to 19, so I stopped worrying about that. And Matt can still be in talks with major labels, they will not be announced however until after the 20th...Thanks Jenna, for a minute there I totally Sarvered, as they say.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Well, first, the guy is talking about Danny. Since Danny has been mouthing off about all these meetings and possible deals, then I take that comment to be in regards specifically to him. The part about August 19th is true for everyone, though. The Idol contracts are up on August 20th, so after that, the unsigned Idols are free to sign with other labels if they haven't done so with 19. Just because dear Danny is being loose-lipped about his dealings, that doesn't mean that Matt hasn't been approached. I mean, Danny isn't exactly the type to be mum or miss an opportunity to promote himself. It's in his nature it seems to blab about every event in his career, set in stone or otherwise. Matt, on the other hand, has perhaps learned the lesson about spilling unstable info and getting screwed over. I'm sure he's had to have been approached by now at the very least, but if it's just an approach, there's no use getting fans all flustered and hopeful if it might not materialize.

If, in the end, Matt really hasn't had any offers laid before him, I'd surely be both surprised and disappointed, but I would remain optimistic about Matt putting out music in the future. If he was able to record two indie albums several years before he was on Idol, then I have no doubt that his passion and work ethic will propel him to continue creating music, now matter how big or small a platform he's on.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Yes, what Brian means is that if 19 is picking up any unsigned Idols left, it will definitely have to be announced before Aug20th. If not, they are on their own to sign to other major or smaller labels if they have offers.

In Matt's case I find it hard to believe that no one has approached him yet. There must be some bigwigs interested in him by now don't you think?
After all the glowing reviews and buzz he's been generating with his live performances it's about time. I mean, come on! Even the reporter who wrote the Sunrise review said Matt is ready for the music industry.

I would be really sad if a major label doesn't pick up Matt. He has it all to succeed.
What else can he do? Give him the right producers and the right material to record and he could be an incredible recording artist.

Some nights I get so excited and feel so positive that he will be signed. Other days like today when I read Matt's twitter about his yobi.tv thing it makes me wonder what is going on really.

I mean, the Yobi TV thing is the only thing he's been approached for? I really can't believe that.

You all read about all the music people in Memphis talking about Matt. There's buzz.
I am still going to believe that Matt doesn't want to spill the beans too soon or he is still weary.
But please I hope I am not the only one here that still has hope a big thing will happen to Matt.
He deserves it so much.
It would just break my heart to see him only as an online host of some talent show.

confused

Last edited by mattyg93 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Well I know I've said this before but I'm just gonna express my opinion again here for what it's worth Razz and what I think about Matt and the whole record deal. First of all I really in truly have NO DOUBTS that Matt has proven himself in A MAJOR way on this tour and I really, really think he is going to be more then just fine! I wish everyone would please just have a little faith that things will work out for Matt like they are suppose to. Matt is a person who knows God and Matt knows that God has a DIVINE PLAN for him and he will have a career doing the thing he loves the most! Music and playing the piano is his PASSION!! I mean he has gotten to where he is today because of how outstanding he is and he has only shown EVEN MORE SO (beyond and above) on this tour that he is a force to be reckoned with!

Yes I know we all want him to be signed to a Major Label which I agree yes, is the ultimate goal for Matt but even if its not a major label he is still going major places girls!! Matt has always said he isn't striving to be the greatest and most famous...he just wants to be a respected musician in his field and have adoring fans which by the looks of it he is gaining thousands more each time he does a concert... Even worse case scenerio and he has to go independent/Indie or whatever its NOT going to matter because people are LOVING HIM like CRAZYYY so the man is going to sell records!!!..TONS of them! I don't pretend to be naive and I know that a major record company is the best route to go BUT if that doesn't happen he will STILL be going places in a big way..there is NO way he can be disregarded..he has wayyy to much talent!! In my opinion Matt is about one of the top 3 ppl to come out of Idol with the most Talent and if 19 fails to recognize that then soooo what!! Its their LOSS! For real...so please just know that everything will fall in to place for Matt and he will get what he so deserves. I'm very big on "Fate" and "Karma" and there is no way that Matt won't succeed in a big way. I feel that to the core of my being!

American Idol was just the "tool" to start him on his way! So hopefully I haven't offended you Lana or anyone else (i'm sorry if I do) because I know you just want the best for Matt but it just seems like too many people are so focused on this record deal thing and feeling so anxious about him not announcing he has been talking to people. We will hear good news soon but it probably won't be until AFTER the tour is over. Lastly I did want to point out one very important thing I think. Just very recently, not sure which interview, they asked Matt who he would like to make a single with and he said "Colbie Callie" and said we are "very good friends" ..well remember that Colbie's dad is a record producer..right Ovenmitt? do I have that correct? and he said something about them making a single together...well Matt is no dumby and he's got contacts already so I'm almost 99% sure as we speak and write on this forum that Matt knows where he is going...he will be BIG!!! I love him very much just like everyone else on here and we are all just sooo proud of him!! It's weird cuz I have like this motherly instinct for him but also think he's HOT as H*LL so ya I feel like I'm always bouncing back and forth!! hahaha bounce Ok..I'm done writing this book now..sorry again but please everyone just know good things are coming for Matthew Scott Giraud!! OUR MAN!!! Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Personally, I would not take this yobi.tv so seriously, I am sure it's a one time thing and he made it clear it's his way of giving back to his community. No other contestants, maybe except Kris Allen at finale, received so much love from his hometown.
I was checking out Dial Idol every week during the show, and even though the ranking was off the mark this year, there were still some interesting indications. Usually the most vote getter would receive a few thousand votes (the votes that were counted in Dial Idol) at most in one state. Matt at one point, received over 11,000 votes in Michigan alone. I really never saw that kind of number before that. And people were still complaining they couldn't get their call through because of constant busy signal. That's a LOT of love from his hometown. Plus they held an amazing welcome home party for him too. Matt is rightfully giving back his love for home state by accepting this offer. What is done is done, I am not extremely excited that this judging and hosting is his first official project after the tour but I wouldn't be so happy either if Matt were dissing or ignoring what he already agreed to do. Him trying to promote this show as someone who's reponsible for it shows his work ethic, IMO. And who knows maybe one of thos aspiring singers who were inspired and guided by Matt would end up being on Idol show too one day? That'd be awesome.
I am so positive and optimistic about his chance of getting signed after tour. If we don't hear it before Aug. 20th, it just means the record deal is not with 19.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:36 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Lastly I did want to point out one very important thing I think. Just very recently, not sure which interview, they asked Matt who he would like to make a single with and he said "Colbie Callie" and said we are "very good friends" ..well remember that Colbie's dad is a record producer..right Ovenmitt? do I have that correct? and he said something about them making a single together...

Yes, Lisa, Colbie's dad is Ken Caillat. He produced Rumours and several other Fleetwood Mac albums. He even won a Grammy for his work on Rumours. And, BTW, Colbie has an album coming out next month. In my wildest dreams, Matt recorded some sort of duet with her that will be on that album....*sigh*

ETA: Okay, I just found out that Colbie's CD drops August 25th. Hmm. Just days AFTER the Idols are released from their contracts. AND Kara DioGuardi helped write that album. AND there's a deluxe version with 5 extra tracks on it. Hmm. Maybe a Matt Giraud duet could be one of those bonus tracks.....*fingers crossed in deluded hope*

Last edited by OvenMitt on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:42 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Lisa_M wrote:
Lastly I did want to point out one very important thing I think. Just very recently, not sure which interview, they asked Matt who he would like to make a single with and he said "Colbie Callie" and said we are "very good friends" ..well remember that Colbie's dad is a record producer..right Ovenmitt? do I have that correct? and he said something about them making a single together...

Yes, Lisa, Colbie's dad is Ken Caillat. He produced Rumours and several other Fleetwood Mac albums. He even won a Grammy for his work on Rumours. And, BTW, Colbie has an album coming out next month. In my wildest dreams, Matt recorded some sort of duet with her that will be on that album....*sigh*

I doubt it but AI allowed Constantine to record Bohemian Rhapsody for Brian May on their tribute album while he was still under contract so who knows?
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:00 pm

Another thing about Matt being seemingly close to all of these folks in the music biz (Colbie, John Mayer, *diddy*, Blake lewis, Sam ro, and even Kara) Matt seems smart enough not to allow any of these amazing connections go to waste. I would think that he would either take full advantage from knowing these people by either dueting with some to help jump start his career, being invited to places he wouldn't normally be invited to for knowing some big names, or using his connections to help him gain more connections. I am convinced that alot of those he knows would go a little out of their ways to help Matt by introducing him to names he needs to know, and with his success so far on this tour, and with this recent buzz, there really is no reason for me to doubt that someone definately has their eye on him...I only wish Matt, or someone who knows, would give us a clue...
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:29 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Well I know I've said this before but I'm just gonna express my opinion again here for what it's worth Razz and what I think about Matt and the whole record deal. First of all I really in truly have NO DOUBTS that Matt has proven himself in A MAJOR way on this tour and I really, really think he is going to be more then just fine! I wish everyone would please just have a little faith that things will work out for Matt like they are suppose to. Matt is a person who knows God and Matt knows that God has a DIVINE PLAN for him and he will have a career doing the thing he loves the most! Music and playing the piano is his PASSION!! I mean he has gotten to where he is today because of how outstanding he is and he has only shown EVEN MORE SO (beyond and above) on this tour that he is a force to be reckoned with!

Yes I know we all want him to be signed to a Major Label which I agree yes, is the ultimate goal for Matt but even if its not a major label he is still going major places girls!! Matt has always said he isn't striving to be the greatest and most famous...he just wants to be a respected musician in his field and have adoring fans which by the looks of it he is gaining thousands more each time he does a concert... Even worse case scenerio and he has to go independent/Indie or whatever its NOT going to matter because people are LOVING HIM like CRAZYYY so the man is going to sell records!!!..TONS of them! I don't pretend to be naive and I know that a major record company is the best route to go BUT if that doesn't happen he will STILL be going places in a big way..there is NO way he can be disregarded..he has wayyy to much talent!! In my opinion Matt is about one of the top 3 ppl to come out of Idol with the most Talent and if 19 fails to recognize that then soooo what!! Its their LOSS! For real...so please just know that everything will fall in to place for Matt and he will get what he so deserves. I'm very big on "Fate" and "Karma" and there is no way that Matt won't succeed in a big way. I feel that to the core of my being!

American Idol was just the "tool" to start him on his way! So hopefully I haven't offended you Lana or anyone else (i'm sorry if I do) because I know you just want the best for Matt but it just seems like too many people are so focused on this record deal thing and feeling so anxious about him not announcing he has been talking to people. We will hear good news soon but it probably won't be until AFTER the tour is over. Lastly I did want to point out one very important thing I think. Just very recently, not sure which interview, they asked Matt who he would like to make a single with and he said "Colbie Callie" and said we are "very good friends" ..well remember that Colbie's dad is a record producer..right Ovenmitt? do I have that correct? and he said something about them making a single together...well Matt is no dumby and he's got contacts already so I'm almost 99% sure as we speak and write on this forum that Matt knows where he is going...he will be BIG!!! I love him very much just like everyone else on here and we are all just sooo proud of him!! It's weird cuz I have like this motherly instinct for him but also think he's HOT as H*LL so ya I feel like I'm always bouncing back and forth!! hahaha bounce Ok..I'm done writing this book now..sorry again but please everyone just know good things are coming for Matthew Scott Giraud!! OUR MAN!!! Very Happy I love you

wow..really?....I've always really loved this forum but I have to say I feel very discouraged and rather sad that after writing everything that I did a few days ago that no one else on this whole forum could even acknowledge, comment, or agree on ANY of my heartfelt sentiments for Matt and his future career. I feel I did state alot of positive things re: Matt when I wrote the above and was trying to be encouraging, but apparently what I have to say is not relevant or encouraging to anyone else but perhaps myself. I guess if you must you can perceive me writing this again today as being self absorbed in what I have to say but I guess it would have just been nice to feel validated by one person at least as I do feel I was giving valid and "wise" advice as there really is no need to worry, fret or feel anxious constantly over something that we have no control of whatsoever (ie: matt getting signed to a major label or not)

One more thing I wanted to point out though is that none of us know if Matt might someday drop in on this forum since that is quite possible and feel even more bothered or frustrated if there truly isn't anything going on for him behind the scenes right now and the fact that everyone keeps saying, speculating and analysing why isn't he being signed? why isn't he being signed? constantly... I would think that would give him even more anxiety over the situation...just a thought....I'm just trying to "Have a little faith".

ok well I guess this old woman will just shut up now and keep her future thoughts and feelings to herself....thanks ovenmitt though for your input on colbie c., i appreciate that info.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:11 pm

FWIW Matt just tweeted this:
Quote :

Today, I'm gonna be happier than a bird who found a french fry. haha

Love this quote! Ha. He is so amazing. I really love his personality.
I am going to interpret from this tweet that he's excited about things to come and he has received some calls regarding label offers.

I am positive again it will happen.
In every forum or blog I go to recently everyone is expecting Matt to be the next one signed. Everyone seems to be converted now. All the Adam fans are loving Matt too! It's so sweet.
He is too talented to not get signed. Ahhh. I love reading that.

Anyways I am so pleased Matt is extra happy today! Something must be going on for sure. Wink
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:40 pm

Lisa_M wrote:

wow..really?....I've always really loved this forum but I have to say I feel very discouraged and rather sad that after writing everything that I did a few days ago that no one else on this whole forum could even acknowledge, comment, or agree on ANY of my heartfelt sentiments for Matt and his future career. I feel I did state alot of positive things re: Matt when I wrote the above and was trying to be encouraging, but apparently what I have to say is not relevant or encouraging to anyone else but perhaps myself. I guess if you must you can perceive me writing this again today as being self absorbed in what I have to say but I guess it would have just been nice to feel validated by one person at least as I do feel I was giving valid and "wise" advice as there really is no need to worry, fret or feel anxious constantly over something that we have no control of whatsoever (ie: matt getting signed to a major label or not)

One more thing I wanted to point out though is that none of us know if Matt might someday drop in on this forum since that is quite possible and feel even more bothered or frustrated if there truly isn't anything going on for him behind the scenes right now and the fact that everyone keeps saying, speculating and analysing why isn't he being signed? why isn't he being signed? constantly... I would think that would give him even more anxiety over the situation...just a thought....I'm just trying to "Have a little faith".

ok well I guess this old woman will just shut up now and keep her future thoughts and feelings to herself....thanks ovenmitt though for your input on colbie c., i appreciate that info.

Hey, I totally understand how you feel, girl. One day, it's all sunshine and roses, the next, my stomach is a pit of uncertainty and restlessness. I think you made very valid points in your post. It's just tough to speak on this topic when all we can do is continually speculate with the existing (and sparse!) information that we have. I think I've probably worked every possible angle of this record deal thing in my head, and probably written out every theory, insight or hunch about it on this forum!

We all want to see Matt succeed. I think that's a given. It's just very nervewracking knowing that his career's in the balance, and that we have no knowledge of or control over what's occuring with that. I am praying daily that come August 21st, Matt can give us at least an inkling of what's to come concerning interest from labels. I think we'll all be breathing much easier then.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:38 pm

Awe Lisa we love you! I love you I'm sorry if you were hurt. Sometimes I find it difficult to post much of my thoughts because of how busy I am trying to update everyone with video's, reviews, and interveiws. So I for one wasn't ignoring you. To be honest I was exhausted yesterday and came home for work and took a nap. I think yesterday was probably the first day I didn't read everyone's post. But for what it is worth I totally agree with everything you said especially this...

Quote :
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:06 pm

Lisa,
I agree with all of your sentiments and I think your post represents the feelings of all of us here. I, for one, don't post much, but I read everything that's posted and it makes me happy to know that other people feel as I do about Matt and his future. I often feel that what I'm thinking has already been said so I don't have that much to add. But keep posting!!! I really enjoy reading your ENTHUSIASTIC and HEARTFELT comments. You are not alone!
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:11 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Lisa_M wrote:

What ?? we weren't ignoring you!! In my defense at the time you posted this I was sleeping! LOL...just kidding!!!
First of all: don't call yourself an old woman!!
Second: I agree with you that we all should be happy with the great reviews that Matt is having now and stay positive. The guy has an enormous talent if he's not signed now ..so what?? Personally I'm SURE Matt is going to get signed eventually!!
I agree that sometimes in the forum we get all worried and start all this analysis that we forget how awesome Matt is on tour and that his gaining more fans!! But I think that most of us don't do this on purpose...we love that guy soo much and would love to see his success!!!
For God's sake..remember how we freaked out when he posted that sad tweet!!!
IMO..I think all this anxiety and worrying are coming out of love and not just to spread negativity!! I too believe in fate ..if Matt isn't signed now....it doesn't mean that it's over!..and if we were his true fans we'll wait because we believe in his talent!!
Again...sorry if you're mad...I love you posts REALLY !!! Smile
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:12 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Lisa_M wrote:

wow..really?....I've always really loved this forum but I have to say I feel very discouraged and rather sad that after writing everything that I did a few days ago that no one else on this whole forum could even acknowledge, comment, or agree on ANY of my heartfelt sentiments for Matt and his future career.

Hey, I totally understand how you feel, girl. One day, it's all sunshine and roses, the next, my stomach is a pit of uncertainty and restlessness. I think you made very valid points in your post. It's just tough to speak on this topic when all we can do is continually speculate with the existing (and sparse!) information that we have. I think I've probably worked every possible angle of this record deal thing in my head, and probably written out every theory, insight or hunch about it on this forum!

Spot on Ovenmitt - And Lisa I so get what you are saying and even though you might not feel aknowledged because of the lack of response it is not the case! I do aknowledge but sometimes I feel that I can't bring anything new to the table and that I will just be repeating previous posts and myself (which I am allready doing!!) I have been a member of this forum for more than 2,5 months and I am really impressed with the amount of posts and the really interesting angles and debates (and lusty comments lol) given the relatively small amount of NEW info that we get.
I mean between the tweets and reviews we only have our imagination to work with..
So Lisa - don't be bummed - like Jenna said we love ya sunny
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:20 pm

Sorry Lisa, I agree with cecilie, Your post was very thorough and covered pretty much all of the toughts running through my head, so the only response I would have given is "IA." which is a waste of space. It is hard to comment when I really don't have much to add that has not already been spoken on, so I just refrain from commenting, It doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate your post Wink
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:23 pm

Lisa! I hope I did not offend you either.

I also hopeyou understand that all I want is to see Matt become a successful artist.
I am rooting so much for him to get signed because he deserves it so much. He could be HUGE with a major record deal so I am praying it will happen. The chances are much higher to succeed if you have the people and resources to back you up!

I am positive he already had some offers, especially after the Memphis show!
I am a super Matt fan for life and sometimes yes, I do worry but just because I care so much. I am also sooo happy that he's impressing so maany people and converting non fans into fans!
I know whatever happens he will happy but talent like his comes once in a lifetime but I am pulling for someone out there gives him a chance to explore and nurture his talent.
The good news will come soon I am sure. sunny
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Thank you Jenna and EVERYONE for showing me all the love today and that you do care.....and even though we are relatively strangers here it REALLY does mean alot to me!! Very Happy I feel we have all kinda formed a "Matt Bond" and I love that! cheers I guess I was just feeling kinda ignored because I had typed up quite a bit of stuff from my heart and didn't initially get any responses back...sorry didn't mean to sound like I was whining. Crying or Very sad I'm also kinda feuding with my youngest daughter (22) right now and she is being very difficult and pretty much choosing to totally ignore me and my calls right now so guess I've been feeling irrelevant lately! Embarassed Dang kids! Razz But thanks again! love you all!

Now on too a lighter note!! I went shopping today to get my "outfit" for my meeting with my boyfriend here in a few weeks..hehe....and I thought I really need to kinda stand out some what so I bought a bright RED top/t-shirt with like the cutest black mickey mouse face on one corner and I bought a black Fedora to match! Now the thing is I'm totally NOT a hat person at all and think I look stupid wearing them BUT I'm thinking that Matt will definitely get to the people he see's wearing Fedora's and hopefully be extra nice to them!! Very Happy (like give them a kiss on the cheek kinda nice) bounce so I bought it. My hope also is that he isn't wearing a hat when I meet him and then I will ask him to put on my hat when we take our picture together then I will like cherish that damn hat forever because it was on "The Man's" head!! hahaha...I will probably be like all smelling it and hoping some of his manliness has rubbed off on it!! You guys will definitely be seeing our "Happy Couple Picture" on here soon!! haha... cheers ok..gotta run!!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:03 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Thank you Jenna and EVERYONE for showing me all the love today and that you do care.....and even though we are relatively strangers here it REALLY does mean alot to me!! Very Happy I feel we have all kinda formed a "Matt Bond" and I love that! cheers I guess I was just feeling kinda ignored because I had typed up quite a bit of stuff from my heart and didn't initially get any responses back...sorry didn't mean to sound like I was whining. Crying or Very sad I'm also kinda feuding with my youngest daughter (22) right now and she is being very difficult and pretty much choosing to totally ignore me and my calls right now so guess I've been feeling irrelevant lately! Embarassed Dang kids! Razz But thanks again! love you all!

Now on too a lighter note!! I went shopping today to get my "outfit" for my meeting with my boyfriend here in a few weeks..hehe....and I thought I really need to kinda stand out some what so I bought a bright RED top/t-shirt with like the cutest black mickey mouse face on one corner and I bought a black Fedora to match! Now the thing is I'm totally NOT a hat person at all and think I look stupid wearing them BUT I'm thinking that Matt will definitely get to the people he see's wearing Fedora's and hopefully be extra nice to them!! Very Happy (like give them a kiss on the cheek kinda nice) bounce so I bought it. My hope also is that he isn't wearing a hat when I meet him and then I will ask him to put on my hat when we take our picture together then I will like cherish that damn hat forever because it was on "The Man's" head!! hahaha...I will probably be like all smelling it and hoping some of his manliness has rubbed off on it!! You guys will definitely be seeing our "Happy Couple Picture" on here soon!! haha... cheers ok..gotta run!!

I'm sure Matt will LOVE your outfit and I'm looking forward to seeing the pic of the two of you together!
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:48 am

Awww, Lisa_M! There aren't any Mean Girls on this site! I love you We like you, we really, really like you!

Honestly, I wasn't ignoring your post; I was just having a hard time catching up with all the new threads! It's amazing how many videos, interviews and photos are brought here by jenna and others! [Not that I'm complaining!] I swear, I need more than 24 hours a day to keep up with Matt! Razz

Oh, and have fun at the concert. I think Matt will notice you if you wear the fedora. And I suggested to lovethemtigers that she make a poster with Matt's name on it and bring it to her concert. I bet Matt would give you a kiss after seeing that. Good Luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:44 pm

[quote="Lisa_M"]

Lisa, I just got caught up on all the Matt stuff here-- you ladies have been very busy these past 6 days!! When I read your article here re: Matt and his future recording deal etc..I was nodding my head in agreement throughout. I especially agreee with the above part mentioning Matt being in the top 3 people from Idol. I have watched Idol since Season 2 and in my idol book he is my all time favorite. (He even has taken Elliot's place and I LOVE Elliot!) I think you said very well what we all feel- and the emotional rollercoaster that goes along with being his biggest and most faithful fans. I too believe in Karma and Fate and I believe all good things are headed our Matty's way! Keep the Faith!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone please help me to understand this...   Someone please help me to understand this... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Someone please help me to understand this...
Page 1 of 1