Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Charlotte, NC

Go down 
+16
megryan67
mattyfan
cranberry
lovethemtigers
OvenMitt
cecilie
flicker
tonia
Lana
Puppyeyes82
Riley 9
sgr91
mattyg93
Lisa_M
hazuki
Jenna
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
tonia

Charlotte, NC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:41 am

Jenna wrote:
From the Charlotte Observer...

Charlotte, NC - Page 2 Charlo10

WOW! look at that profile....BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:51 am

Jenna wrote:
Wow effing LMAO MJ sure doesn't think much of Matt does she. I'm thinking this is high praise.

From MJ...

Quote :
Even Matt’s Fray song was really good. I was expecting it to suck, but it certainly did not.

You all know how I feel about MJ by now, so I would take her snide remarks with a grain of salt! Rolling Eyes BLECH! She's supposed to be a "mature woman", but she always seems so petty!

Anyway, I LOOOOOOOVE that picture from The Charlotte Observer! Is it me, or is Matt looking younger lately? And from this angle, you can see he has a PERFECT PROFILE! WOW-WOW-WOW! I love you

jenna, can you add this photo to the Pretty Pictures thread? This has to be one of the PRETTIEST pics of Matt ever! cheers
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:53 am

Jenna wrote:
Wow effing LMAO MJ sure doesn't think much of Matt does she. I'm thinking this is high praise.

From MJ...

Quote :
Even Matt’s Fray song was really good. I was expecting it to suck, but it certainly did not.

High praise indeed. It is twice now that she mentioned the fact that she thought YFM would suck and it did not. I think its clear now that Matt was not on her favorite's list pre-show. Curious to see what she says in her review. Not expecting too much - she appears to have started with a very low opinion.
Back to top Go down
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:24 am

MJ's video of HTH. Great vid and sound - overwhelming closeup of the pants at about 1:00

She posted several not-Adam vids in this thread:

http://mjsbigblog.com/american-idols-live-charlotte-videos-part-2.htm#comment-328970

Please post a comment if you can. I hate to see the Kradison thread get pages and pages of comments, while this one gets no attention. Not that it matters in the long run, but a lot of people visit her site.
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:32 am

From MJs:

Matt:
Ok. So Matt was one of my initial favorites early on in the show, but by the time he left idol, I felt he hadn’t lived up to my expectations. However, I do have to say, I was 100% satisfied with every choice Matt made on that stage during the concert. The piano playing, the song choice, the look, the voice= A+. Never would have guessed that he would chose Hard to Handle, but it was a great starter to get the crowd goin’, and when he played the piano at the end, I felt like the big boys had come out to play tonight. Georgia was amazing, and i must also say that Matt’s falsetto, which I normally found to be very shaky on the show, was in perfect form tonight. The ending Fray song was the bomb, and I think he does the Fray covers brilliantly (when he’s not so nervous). Anyways, Matt was fantastic and I am true fan of his and can definitely say that I will buy his album and go see him in concert when that happens. Bravo Matt G.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 am

That was the best review I have read for Matt, thanks for Posting Puppyeyes...

And I agree Flicker, It would be great if everyone could post some good comments about Matt over on MJs, this thread only consists of the First half of the show, so it won't be taken over by crazy Adam fans (they have their own thread, though I feel sorry for Allison, Kris, and Danny fans cause their favs are stuck in the same thread as Adam). ANYWAYS, I am sure that the idols will probably stop by and see their vids and read some comments, it would be great if Matt saw all the love. I already posted (as Renina, my Lana account was banned a while back Razz )
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:39 am

Jenna wrote:
Man there are a whole bunch of slutty sallys at tonights show.

Quote :

Matts got georgia on his mind. Ive got his thighs on mine

MATT LIKES OUR CITY... WELL DUH. WEVE GOT TONS OF LOVE TO GIVE Smile

But... Needs more Lambert. And kris. And naked anoop. Matt too please.

OMG..when I saw this on twitter last night I was LMAO..I love that! ..a girl after my own heart! I love you Yes..I think that will be my new signature..hehe.."Matt's got Georgia on his mind but I've got his thighs on mine!"...haha (bad cougar, bad cougar) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:41 am

I hope Matt is one of the ones who does Media today, and an interviewer asks him about record deals, I wonder if he will e able to drop a hint about whats going on like Anoop did...
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Not much on Matt but still good review...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/549/story/866437.html?storylink=omni_popular

Quote :

Matt Giraud confidently wailed on the piano and hit notes both higher and lower than he ever did on the show,
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:07 pm

This is a collection of performances from last night. Matt's part starts at about 1:51. It's You Found Me. Very far away video but good sound.

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:11 pm

Lana wrote:

And I agree Flicker, It would be great if everyone could post some good comments about Matt over on MJs, this thread only consists of the First half of the show, so it won't be taken over by crazy Adam fans (they have their own thread, though I feel sorry for Allison, Kris, and Danny fans cause their favs are stuck in the same thread as Adam). ANYWAYS, I am sure that the idols will probably stop by and see their vids and read some comments, it would be great if Matt saw all the love. I already posted (as Renina, my Lana account was banned a while back Razz )
'

Ok this Bit** needs to be bit** slapped...from MJ's

Quote :
That’s one of my problems with Matt. He can’t just ever let a song be. He does like a million riffs and runs and sometimes, it’s unpleasant. His voice kind of flows like nails

You can hear tour taking its toll on Matty G’s voice as well. I really like him. This Hard to Handle wasn’t as good as I expected. But I had really high expectations. The first time I heard it (over a cellcast even) it was phenomenal. And his last “YEAHHHHHHHH”-not pretty.

anyway. More importantly. Matt has, to use urban vernacular, a badonkadonk. Then the faux-hawk shaven head.. just kind of gives way to a bowling pin figure. And they don’t write songs about people with bowling-pin figures. I think he’s cute though. but I don’t like his outfit.
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Jenna wrote:
Lana wrote:

'

Ok this Bi*** needs to be bit**** slapped...from MJ's

Quote :
That’s one of my problems with Matt. He can’t just ever let a song be. He does like a million riffs and runs and sometimes, it’s unpleasant. His voice kind of flows like nails

You can hear tour taking its toll on Matty G’s voice as well. I really like him. This Hard to Handle wasn’t as good as I expected. But I had really high expectations. The first time I heard it (over a cellcast even) it was phenomenal. And his last “YEAHHHHHHHH”-not pretty.

anyway. More importantly. Matt has, to use urban vernacular, a badonkadonk. Then the faux-hawk shaven head.. just kind of gives way to a bowling pin figure. And they don’t write songs about people with bowling-pin figures. I think he’s cute though. but I don’t like his outfit.

WT..!?!??! What is she talking about! Man I need to call upon me fellow scandinavian slapper and beat the C... out of her!
She must be tonedeaf or just deaf or maybe she has tinnitus??!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:24 pm

cecilie wrote:
Jenna wrote:
Lana wrote:

'

Quote :

WT..!?!??! What is she talking about! Man I need to call upon me fellow scandinavian slapper and beat the C... out of her!

OMG Cecilie that cracked me up!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:29 pm

cecilie wrote:
Jenna wrote:
Lana wrote:

'

Quote :

OK Cecilie - I am Russian by birth, and I think I can find some Russian mafia to take the B""ch out.
She is clearly both deaf, blind and dumb - there is no other explanation.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Well, I can tell that this poster alison8701 definitely has an agenda when she makes comments about the tour. She obviously is a hard-core Anoop fan, so Heaven forbid that anyone else (Matt) get any compliments from MJ's readers. Rolling Eyes

Seriously. alison8701 is quite biased against all the other Idols. She posted EIGHT comments (out of 52 so far) on that one thread. Fine, she can praise Anoop till the cows come home, but then she hated the voices of Matt, Allison, Adam and Danny! OK, that was everyone from the Top 5, except for Kris-- JEALOUS MUCH? No Yes, Matt, Danny and Allison have distinct sounding voices because they're soulful or raspy. Not everyone has to sound like Anoop to be considered a good singer! SHEESH!

And "chunky" Matt? OH, NO SHE DIDN'T! I think Matt's fans have spent way too much time studying the fit of those pants, and there ain't no way that Matt is overweight! LOL Razz Honestly, out of all the 10 Idols on tour, only Michael could stand to lose a few pounds. Matt, Danny, Adam, Lil and Allison all have lost a little weight recently, and they look good! Very Happy

Last edited by Riley 9 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:47 pm

I really like Anoop, and tried my best to dissolve the tension before it became a Matt fans vs. Anoop's fans mini war over there, because seriously there is no need for those Anoop fans to be so irrationaly jealous just because Matt is getting some praise (he deserves it and they should be happy for him like we Matt fans were for Annop yesterday when he got so much praise). But I seriously wish that I knew this alison8701 just so that I could slap the sh!t out of her. She is only succeeding in looking like an idiot posting so many comments back to back like that praising Anoop to high heaven and dissing anyone else. No one is going to take that seriously which is the only reason why I can refrain myself from letting that b!tch have it. She only makes Anoop and his fans look like a bunch of jealous losers...
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
Well, I can tell that this poster alison8701 definitely has an agenda when she makes comments about the tour. She obviously is a hard-core Anoop fan, so Heaven forbid that anyone else (Matt) get any compliments from MJ's readers. Rolling Eyes

Seriously. alison8701 is quite biased against all the other Idols. She posted EIGHT comments (out of 52 so far) on that one thread. Fine, she can praise Anoop till the cows come home, but then she hated the voices of Matt, Allison, Adam and Danny! OK, that was everyone from the Top 5, except for Kris-- JEALOUS MUCH? No Yes, Matt, Danny and Allison have distinct sounding voices because they're soulful or raspy. Not everyone has to sounds like Anoop to be considered a good singer! SHEESH!

And "chunky" Matt? OH, NO SHE DIDN'T! I think Matt's fans have spent way too much time studying the fit of those pants, and there ain't no way that Matt is overweight! LOL Razz Honestly, out of all the 10 Idols on tour, only Michael could stand to lose a few pounds. Matt, Danny, Adam, Lil and Allison all have lost a little weight recently, and they look good! Very Happy

I wouldn't mind her posts that much
She is obviously jealous because Matt has been getting TONS of buzz during this tour and Anoop not quite as much.
Jealous fans are so biased. Heh. Don't care much about her comments at all. Wink
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:52 pm

Based on her last post, she sounds very young - something about not being allowed to listen to music unless the parents are asleep. So I suspect its best just to ignore her. She will learn talent and sex-appeal as she gets older.

On the flip side, this is the first time I've watched anyone's videos except for Matt's. When did Michael get a faux-hawk - why does everyone want to copy Matt (and mind you, I don't like it on either one of them). His interaction with the audience is really awkward somehow.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:59 pm

sgr91 wrote:
Based on her last post, she sounds very young - something about not being allowed to listen to music unless the parents are asleep. So I suspect its best just to ignore her. She will learn talent and sex-appeal as she gets older.

On the flip side, this is the first time I've watched anyone's videos except for Matt's. When did Michael get a faux-hawk - why does everyone want to copy Matt (and mind you, I don't like it on either one of them). His interaction with the audience is really awkward somehow.

I know.. Why is everyone always copying Matt in everything?
Hairstyle, music orientation.. For realz Matt is the only one who can pull it off so back off people.
I can understand why all of them want to be Matt but come on! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Ha-ha! Yes, we noticed and posted in a previous thread that all the guys are trying to copy Matt now! Scott said in a recent interview that his upcoming CD will be a little John Mayer (Kris's niche I think) and a little Gavin DeGraw. Then, Michael got a faux hawk cut about two weeks ago, I think. Kris is already collaborating with The Fray's Joe King and One Republic's Ryan Tedder, but honestly, I think that was more of 19E trying to push Kris into the PIANO ROCK genre-- WHICH IS MATT'S PLACE! LOL Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Lana wrote:
I hope Matt is one of the ones who does Media today, and an interviewer asks him about record deals, I wonder if he will e able to drop a hint about whats going on like Anoop did...

I have to admit that today and last night on twitter I was feeling a little discouraged and jealous if you will because everyone was trending for Anoop which is fine but then they all started talking about him supposedly "signing his record deal" and blah, blah blah and congratulating him (on what?) and then they were saying it was official "Anoop Day' in NC ....I cannot WAIT until Matt gets his time to SHINE in MICHIGAN!!! It is going to be EPIC!!!! I sooo hope I can afford to go and get a ticket yet to that second show because I want to be there right smack in the middle while MI shows TONS and TONS of love for Matty!!!!!!!!

I do have to say I wish Matt could at least say he is maybe "In talks" with people or something..maybe just a little sign...I'm sure he realizes how much his fans wanna hear that good things are happening for him too but he just isn't giving out anything Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
This really hasn't bothered me alot until last night with this Anoop thing and I kept thinking there is noooo way Anoop can be signed before Matt!! Embarassed Neutral
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Lana wrote:

I have to admit that today and last night on twitter I was feeling a little discouraged and jealous if you will because everyone was trending for Anoop which is fine but then they all started talking about him supposedly "signing his record deal" and blah, blah blah and congratulating him (on what?) and then they were saying it was official "Anoop Day' in NC ....I cannot WAIT until Matt gets his time to SHINE in MICHIGAN!!! It is going to be EPIC!!!! I sooo hope I can afford to go and get a ticket yet to that second show because I want to be there right smack in the middle while MI shows TONS and TONS of love for Matty!!!!!!!!

I do have to say I wish Matt could at least say he is maybe "In talks" with people or something..maybe just a little sign...I'm sure he realizes how much his fans wanna hear that good things are happening for him too but he just isn't giving out anything Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
This really hasn't bothered me alot until last night with this Anoop thing and I kept thinking there is noooo way Anoop can be signed before Matt!! Embarassed Neutral

Lisa: I hear ya . As you saw I was really down yesterday when I read that article about Anoop, Scott and Michael going to have records out.
All those three guys don't have nothing on Matt. Sorry, but is the truth.
Anoop is just saying he is in talks and how many months has Danny been in talks and still there's no announcement? Just saying.

I really hope Matt gives us just a tiny hint, because all of his fans are so anxious waiting for some good news from him.
After all this buzz for Matt on tour, industry people talking about him on Club Suites, I can't believe no one is interested. There must be many out there willing to sign him soon.
I really believe Matt will INK a MAJOR label deal. He is the only one left deserving of that.

The rest I am sure will all get out CD's on their own or with small indie labels.
I really hope Matt soon enough can give us something that can help all of us relax. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
Ha-ha! Yes, we noticed and posted in a previous thread that all the guys are trying to copy Matt now! Scott said in a recent interview that his upcoming CD will be a little John Mayer (Kris's niche I think) and a little Gavin DeGraw. Then, Michael got a faux hawk cut about two weeks ago, I think. Kris is already collaborating with The Fray's Joe King and One Republic's Ryan Tedder, but honestly, I think that was more of 19E trying to push Kris into the PIANO ROCK genre-- WHICH IS MATT'S PLACE! LOL Rolling Eyes

Wow!! That's pretty stupid of them. I don't even think of Kris when I hear "piano" and Matt is leagues above him in playing, and is smashing the piano night after night. Sorry, but trying to push Kris into the "piano Rock" lane will automatically cause for some comparisons to the other piano guys on this tour, and people will clearly find Kris lacking. He is sufficient enough on the piano, but not exciting enough for Piano Rock, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Lana wrote:
Riley 9 wrote:

Wow!! That's pretty stupid of them. I don't even think of Kris when I hear "piano" and Matt is leagues above him in playing, and is smashing the piano night after night. Sorry, but trying to push Kris into the "piano Rock" lane will automatically cause for some comparisons to the other piano guys on this tour, and people will clearly find Kris lacking. He is sufficient enough on the piano, but not exciting enough for Piano Rock, IMO.

Hopefully, for Kris the songs written by Joe King and Ryan Tedder will be more guitar-oriented. The AI audience identified Kris with the guitar, and Matt with the piano. I'm not sure how 19E is going to market Kris's CD? scratch Why not give him songs similar to Jason Mraz and John Mayer, not buying The Fray/ One Republic direction, if that's what they're planning! No
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:59 pm

Beggin...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte, NC   Charlotte, NC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlotte, NC
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next