Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!

Go down 
+5
mattyg93
Lisa_M
Jenna
Lana
cecilie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
cecilie

cecilie

GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! Empty
PostSubject: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Posted this in a not so pupular thread...So I am trying this one in stead...

I was just wondering if that was a possiblity...
It could be SO much fun meeting up and going together to Matts concert in Michigan...I am surfing the net for flight prices and I know that January is still far away...But what do you think?

Ohh so many things going on in my mind, right now.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Awe I wish I could, but I will officially be back in school buried in books by jan. 29th. I doubt if I'll even make Matt's first solo concert Sad But that sounds like a really cool idea for you guys, you should totally do it (and have a wild rousing party in honor of those who can't make it Razz )

Have fun if you do decide to do it (I'll be there in spirit)
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:12 pm

I think this is a great idea and I am all for it. Now someone get season tickets at the venue so we can make sure to get great seats! Cough Cough Maci, SGR!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Here are the ticket details again...

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/07/matt_giraud_goes_from_forest_h.html

Quote :
FOREST HILLS FINE ARTS CENTER 2009 SEASON
The shows: Tap Dogs (Oct. 17); Poco, Pure Prairie League and Firefall (Nov. 6); Kool and the Gang (Dec. 3); Matt Giraud (Jan. 29), Band of the Irish Guards/Royal Regiment of Scotland (Feb. 3); Whose Live Anyway (April 29)

On sale: Current subscribers can renew their seats starting at 9 a.m. Monday through 5 p.m. Aug. 5. Series subscriptions go on sale to the public Aug. 10. Remaining tickets go on sale Sept. 14 (for Tap Dogs), Oct. 12 for (Poco) and Oct. 26 (for all remaining shows).

Tickets: $182, $194 or $214 for five-show package; Giraud's show will be sold separately, but subscribers can buy unlimited seats with their subscription. Giraud tickets are $32, $24, $22 and $18.

More info: 493-8966, fhfineartscenter.com
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:43 pm

cecilie wrote:

It could be SO much fun meeting up and going together to Matts concert in Michigan...I am surfing the net for flight prices and I know that January is still far away...But what do you think?

OMG Cecilie! YES..that would be awesome I think!! YESSS..all us cougars together! haha..well I've already requested to have Oct 26 off because this is the day the tickets go on sale and I will be either online and/or on the phone at 8:00 am sharp to get my ticket!! I cannot miss this show! I so hope that you do try to come..it would be so awesome to meet you and see our awesome guy at the same time! cheers Very Happy

So is anyone else planing on buying a subscription also???
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:47 pm

OMG. I wish I could go!
You are all so lucky!

But I am too far away and I have two little boys which make things complicated.
This January it's tough for me to be there but probably by next summer I will be moving back to the States and hopefully I will catch Matt when he is touring to promote his debut album.
Because I know.. Matt will get signed soon!

Awww. I dream about seeing Matt live and I know it will happen sooner or later. When I do go to a show in the future I hope to meet some of you guys there. Smile
Can't wait for Matt's solo career to start!
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Well, I am back from my Matt free weekend and am so excited to hear this news, Cecilie!!

Now you have to come to Michigan!!! You can stay with me and I will throw a Giraud Squad Does Matt party!!! I will invite my skeptical friends who think everyone I meet on this forum is a killer. You can prove them wrong (I hope!) Very Happy

We can do a Matt Pilgrimage along I-94. Dearborn (born there), Ypsilanti (raised there) and of course fabulous Kalamazoo. We can go to Monaco Bay and pretend he is playing. Then head north to Grand Rapids for the concert. This is under a total of 3 hours driving.

We will be entering official stalker territory but I don't care, do you??

bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:34 pm

You all can pick me up in A2 on the way. I've spent way too much time at Oakwood Hospital so I can skip that part of the tour('Smile').
I hope our dreary winters don't scare you away Cecilie. Michigan is much more beautiful in the summer, but alas, some of our beautiful Michiganders are busy this summer.
Will need to take you to some real attractions as well - just tell us how long you're staying for and we will make sure you wont forget your trip!
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:45 pm

sgr91 wrote:
You all can pick me up in A2 on the way. I've spent way too much time at Oakwood Hospital so I can skip that part of the tour('Smile').
I hope our dreary winters don't scare you away Cecilie. Michigan is much more beautiful in the summer, but alas, some of our beautiful Michiganders are busy this summer.
Will need to take you to some real attractions as well - just tell us how long you're staying for and we will make sure you wont forget your trip!

Hey sgr, what is more real than Monaco Bay?? Laughing

Cecilie, I think Denmark is like Michigan in winter, right? I LOVE winter and think Michigan is beautiful that time of year. I have 4 wheel drive so we can handle whatever mother nature throws at us. Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids are in a "snow belt" and get LOTS of snow off Lake Michigan. I hope it snows like crazy, it will add to the adventure!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:12 pm

Yay both Maci and gracie are back. We missed you! cheers

Maci this sounds like great fun! I can't wait for his solo show. Geesh I hope he has one before Jan. though. Sept to Jan is too long of a time to go without hearing our guy sing!
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:45 pm

Hey Ladies- I missed ya'll these past 5 days, 16 hours and 22 mins.!! (Can you tell?). It's taken me 5 hours to catch up on all the Matt news---wow, it's been busy here!

I would love to do the Jan. get together but that is the end of the semester with report cards and conferences-and it's so far..too bad the concert isn't on the weekend! Dang it all! The pilmagrage of Matt places sounds fun.( Never been to Michigan and I love snow since we rarely get any!). Well, maybe I'll win the lottery and can retire before then lol!.

Perhaps for those of us who can't make it we can organize a cellcert or chat or something?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:03 pm

graciecat wrote:
Hey Ladies- I missed ya'll these past 5 days, 16 hours and 22 mins.!! (Can you tell?). It's taken me 5 hours to catch up on all the Matt news---wow, it's been busy here!

I would love to do the Jan. get together but that is the end of the semester with report cards and conferences-and it's so far..too bad the concert isn't on the weekend! Dang it all! The pilmagrage of Matt places sounds fun.( Never been to Michigan and I love snow since we rarely get any!). Well, maybe I'll win the lottery and can retire before then lol!.

Perhaps for those of us who can't make it we can organize a cellcert or chat or something?

LOL at you counting the hours. I hope you had a good time though!

I'm all for giving a cellcert. I will just need someone to broadcast it. I already have a blog tv account set up and ready to go. So anyone willing to broadcast? You will need a webcam and obviously a phone. Or as someone else suggested in chat if we can't find one of us to broadcast maybe we could con Rickey into doing it?
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:22 am

YAY - what can I say! Too excited. I know it's cold in Michigan in Jan but I don't mind. We have cold winters too in Denmar. Man,I can't believe I am actually planning this...freakin' awesome!!!
But I will have to book the flight, the works before oct 26th where the concerttickets go on sale - so I just hope that I can get a hold of a ticket somehow..heck I'll husstle my way in if necessary!
Well I am planning to fly from Copenhagen to Chigago on wednesday or thursday (jan 27/28) and take a domestic flight to Michigan - but which airport I don't know yet..and then back again sunday. Short but sweet! And THANKS so grateful that both sgr and macigirl have offered that I can stay with them - even if I might turn out to be this old, fat man with weird tendencies :-)
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Maybe I should go in sep instead   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:57 am

Okay - sorry if am rambling here :-)
But - shit January is SO far away - that I am thinking about going to the concert on sep 6 in stead - if I even can get a hold of a ticket...! I just checked the airfares and seems OK...
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:01 am

Lisa_M wrote:
cecilie wrote:

OMG Cecilie! YES..that would be awesome I think!! YESSS..all us cougars together! haha..well I've already requested to have Oct 26 off because this is the day the tickets go on sale and I will be either online and/or on the phone at 8:00 am sharp to get my ticket!! I cannot miss this show! I so hope that you do try to come..it would be so awesome to meet you and see our awesome guy at the same time! cheers Very Happy

So is anyone else planing on buying a subscription also???

Awe Lisa - what a party!
As I just posted earlier I am now thinking about going to the rapids concert i sept?!?! I am surfing the net like a crazy person - texted hubby, checking the calender....UUAAHHH!
I can't wait till January...And what if he cancels, what if there is a blizzard, what if...I could go on!

AND WHY IS EVERYBODY SLEEPING WHEN I AM UP - SUCKS!! LOL
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: OMG   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:16 am

OMG - Shit - Just made reservations to go to Chigago on sep 4!! They can be cancelled, though. Now just have to figure out how to get to Michigan, which airport(?? help me out here) and the costs, if there is a idolticket - if i can camp out at sgr's or maci's - Oh man I have now completely lost my mind!

cheers bounce cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:27 am

cecilie wrote:
OMG - Shit - Just made reservations to go to Chigago on sep 4!! They can be cancelled, though. Now just have to figure out how to get to Michigan, which airport(?? help me out here) and the costs, if there is a idolticket - if i can camp out at sgr's or maci's - Oh man I have now completely lost my mind!

Woo, hoo!!!!! I am so excited, Cecilie!!!! cheers bounce Basketball cheers

You can take a 4 1/2 hour train ride to Ann Arbor (sgr's home) or fly into Detroit Metro which is a half hour from Ann Arbor. The flight is short and relatively inexpensive. I am a further half hour from Ann Arbor. So sgr's place might make more sense. And Ann Arbor is a GREAT college town to visit. A little more fun than my suburban action!! Laughing Sgr, can I stay over too so we can have a pajama party?? Pretty please?? Laughing Jenna and I are going to Grand Rapids show together so it sounds like a PARTY to me!!! I think there are tickets still available to the GR show but they are not great seats. Talk to sgr about where to get better tickets on line. We can meet others from the forum going to that show too!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:43 am

macigirl wrote:
cecilie wrote:

You can take a 4 1/2 hour train ride to Ann Arbor (sgr's home) or fly into Detroit Metro which is a half hour from Ann Arbor. The flight is short and relatively inexpensive. I am a further half hour from Ann Arbor. So sgr's place might make more sense. And Ann Arbor is a GREAT college town to visit. A little more fun than my suburban action!! Laughing Sgr, can I stay over too so we can have a pajama party?? Pretty please?? Laughing Jenna and I are going to Grand Rapids show together so it sounds like a PARTY to me!!! I think there are tickets still available to the GR show but they are not great seats. Talk to sgr about where to get better tickets on line. We can meet others from the forum going to that show too!

YIIHHA can't remember when I was last this excited!
I haven't been able to work or eat today - and hubby said go, go, go bounce
Man I love my hubby!! He say hi, btw lol
So I'll just check out the airfaires from chigago to Detroit Metro, I think - much faster!
So coming in on sep 4 in the afternoon and leaving on sep 7 in the evening flower
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:51 am

cecilie wrote:
macigirl wrote:
cecilie wrote:

YIIHHA can't remember when I was last this excited!
I haven't been able to work or eat today - and hubby said go, go, go bounce
Man I love my hubby!! He say hi, btw lol
So I'll just check out the airfaires from chigago to Detroit Metro, I think - much faster!
So coming in on sep 4 in the afternoon and leaving on sep 7 in the evening flower

YAAAAYYYYY!!!! We have to tell Matt his biggest fan is coming in from Denmark. Think this deserves a back stage pass!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:00 am

Those days should work out great. The 7th is a holiday here. Can't wait to see you. We will help you make some arrangements.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:42 pm

WOO! I am THERE! Can't wait. Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!   GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GiraudSquad gathering on January 29?!?!??!
Page 1 of 1