Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future

Go down 
+4
Lisa_M
Jenna
crys7
Lana
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lana

Lana

Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future Empty
PostSubject: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:59 pm

So I'm reading through some of the comments on Mjs, and come across this discussion on the possible success of the top 10. I was really shocked to see some good comments made about Matt, and it actually made my day so much that I thought I'd share with you all:

I honestly think all of this years top 10 have a shot at making it to one extent or the other if they play their cards right. Not that they’ll all bit mega stars, but if they find their niche they can attain success......I think Kris, Adam and Allison will all do well. I also have high hopes for Anoop and Matt.

I think Kris does have the greatest safety net and greatest chance of making it. Behind him in terms of greatest chance of being at least partly sucessful, is Allison. After them, I would put Adam. And yes, I say that as an Adam fan. I think he is going to have a hardest time of the three signed, to be successful beyond his fanbase.

Marketing will be key. I think all three of them have huge challenges, although different ones:

-Kris has to make himself stand out in a market that has a lot of people in it with his style. He has to make sure he doesn’t get lost in the shuffle, especially being laid back personality-wise.

-Allison, didn’t connect with people on the show, which is why she was in the bottom 3 beginning with the second show (Country Week), and continued to stay there every other week it seemed. Whatever that disconnect is, they need to find it, and fix it.

-Adam is venturing into a genre of music that is currently dominated by women. Off of the top of my head, the only male I can think of that does electronic/dance type music is Justin Timberlake, but even he is on the R&B/Pop side…… not Rock.

3 different obstacles, but the same severity to me.

Actually, the more I think about it. Matt is the one (on paper at least) that should have the most success. His nerves just got to him on the show, and the judges didn’t help much with their conflicting comments week after week.

From those currently not signed, I think Matt has the potential to do really well as long as he picks the right style of music - I think one of his downfalls has been wanting to do a type of music that doesn’t fit his voice but when he sings things in his wheelhouse he is amazing.

cheers They might not be ready to admit it yet, but I think most of these Adam fans recognize that Matt has a better appeal than Adam. Adam unquestionably has the most fans, probably double the number Matt has, but as far as appeal outside of the show, Matt has a better shot at gaining new fans, and he has a style that is better for radio. Someone stated that idol has a huge following, but still about 250 million people don't watch the show. and even for those who do, most fans of a particular idol will only stay dedicated until partway into the next season. This is what I feel from Adam fans, once the next shiny thing comes along, a lot of them will be saying Adam who??
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Which thread was this under?
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:31 pm

crys7 wrote:
Which thread was this under?

It's in the idol Headlines thread
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:40 pm

More on Matt:

I think that the three people who have been signed (Adam, Kris, Allison) still have the best chance of being successful in the music business. Based off the reviews of the tour so far, it’s been Adam, Allison, Kris, Matt and Danny who have gotten the most consistent praise as well as the loudest crowd responses.

Matt’s got a really strong stage presence, he’s a fantastic pianist and he’s got a good voice. His biggest drawback is that he has struggled with the more contemporary stuff — the constant complaint on this tour is that his Fray cover is the weak link in his set. He also got slammed during the show when he didn’t covers of Coldplay and The Fray. Called too much a copycat/soundalike. So I still wonder if he will be able to come up with current music without sounding like a Chris Martin-lite or Justin Timberlake-lite. Does he have any songwriting background or is he going to have to rely on other writers to come up with stuff for him?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:46 pm

There is also this one...

Quote :
Matt - I love Matt. Since the concert, he has become my #2. He is musically gifted. Prediction: He will get a record deal, but won’t be hugely successful because he doesn’t have a good fit in the current market and they try to shoehorn him into a genre. In about 3 or 4 years, when he matures as an artist, he’ll put out an album with great music and have some hits. A 21st century Billy Joel - piano pop. He still thinks that that hat is a good trademark image. At 33, he finally looks good in “the hat”.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Lana wrote:
More on Matt:

I think that the three people who have been signed (Adam, Kris, Allison) still have the best chance of being successful in the music business. Based off the reviews of the tour so far, it’s been Adam, Allison, Kris, Matt and Danny who have gotten the most consistent praise as well as the loudest crowd responses.

Matt’s got a really strong stage presence, he’s a fantastic pianist and he’s got a good voice. His biggest drawback is that he has struggled with the more contemporary stuff — the constant complaint on this tour is that his Fray cover is the weak link in his set. He also got slammed during the show when he didn’t covers of Coldplay and The Fray. Called too much a copycat/soundalike. So I still wonder if he will be able to come up with current music without sounding like a Chris Martin-lite or Justin Timberlake-lite. Does he have any songwriting background or is he going to have to rely on other writers to come up with stuff for him?

You know Lana its funny you should post this blog where someone asks about Matt's songwriting and recording background because I was laying in bed last night thinking about this whole record deal thing with Matt and was thinking this....Matt already KNOWS what it takes to record a album and the process..he's done it twice before!!! Soooo I'm wondering like what exactly does it take to record an album??..i mean he had pretty nice covers and everything on them...is this expensive to do this??..do you think he had someone backing him at that time??

I'm pretty sure that Matt will come out with a new Album because 1. obviously he's done 2 prior and knows what it takes plus he has also written two of his own songs and I loved those songs..the man is super talented and some people new to amer idol and stuff don't even probably know that Matt had already put out two albums before Idol. With that being said... THIS reason is exactly why I think someone has approached Matt and he is going to be signed because if he was thinking about doing something on this own or independent label at this point he would say, "Well I'm gonna be working on another album after the tour" (knowing he's did it before) but he can't really say that "per say" right now because its NOT going to be "himself" that does it..does this make sense to anyone else what I'm trying to say here cuz I know what I'm trying to say but don't know how to put it! Lol... confused
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:13 pm

Someone wrote this in Matt's defense:
Quote :
liasdpride
Aug 3rd, 2009 at 5:04 pm
"Matt’s got a really strong stage presence, he’s a fantastic pianist and he’s got a good voice. His biggest drawback is that he has struggled with the more contemporary stuff — the constant complaint on this tour is that his Fray cover is the weak link in his set. He also got slammed during the show when he didn’t covers of Coldplay and The Fray. Called too much a copycat/soundalike. So I still wonder if he will be able to come up with current music without sounding like a Chris Martin-lite or Justin Timberlake-lite. Does he have any songwriting background or is he going to have to rely on other writers to come up with stuff for him?"

I actually love Matt’s version of You Found Me moreso than the Fray’s but that is really besides the point. When he releases music it will be music from Matt not the Fray, Coldplay, or JT (thank god!). Matt is very current and he will be fine singing current music.

Matt considers himself more of a composer than a lyricist but then again so does Billy Joel and he writes amazing songs. I know of two songs Matt has written the lyrics to and they are both very good especially considering he was very young when writing them. Those songs are titled Too Many Nights and One Man Audience. You can buy them on itunes. The first time I heard Too Many Nights I cried it was so beautiful.

IMO Matt is the most likely to be signed out of the Idol’s that are left without deals. He definitely has a beautiful recording voice. He is an amazing live performer who will sell tickets to shows. And he is also young, attractive, and has a very cool style which yes are important. Matt is also an amazing musician and an incredibly talented vocalist! I also think he has a very good chance of attracting fans outside of American Idol moreso than some of the other Idol’s. Matt is very impressive live and right now live shows are where the money is at!
Did someone from here write this, cause IT'S AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Quote :

With that being said... THIS reason is exactly why I think someone has approached Matt and he is going to be signed because if he was thinking about doing something on this own or independent label at this point he would say, "Well I'm gonna be working on another album after the tour" (knowing he's did it before) but he can't really say that "per say" right now because its NOT going to be "himself" that does it..does this make sense to anyone else what I'm trying to say here cuz I know what I'm trying to say but don't know how to put it! Lol... confused

I got you. Totally makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:23 pm

LOL yes crys that would be me!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Jenna wrote:

OMGGGG..I knew it was you Jenna..I could just tell because you talked about your "second" love Billy Joel!! hahaha...well at least he better be your 2nd love now!! Very Happy Dang that was greatttt Post you did over there!! wooohooo!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

OMGGGG..I knew it was you Jenna..I could just tell because you talked about your "second" love Billy Joel!! hahaha...well at least he better be your 2nd love now!! Very Happy Dang that was greatttt Post you did over there!! wooohooo!!!

LOL yes Billy Joel is my second love...well tied in second with 3 Doors Down. I wonder who my first love is Question
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:59 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

OK Jenna - help this old lady find your post. I went to MJs big blog and found the "Idol Headlines" thread, but still couldn't find you. Was it on 8/3? Could you post a link? Thanks! I want to read people's response to your thread.
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Jenna wrote:
I had a feeling LOL! Billy Joel totally gave it away & so did the disdain for JT. Nice defense btw!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:03 pm

pasnthru wrote:
Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

OK Jenna - help this old lady find your post. I went to MJs big blog and found the "Idol Headlines" thread, but still couldn't find you. Was it on 8/3? Could you post a link? Thanks! I want to read people's response to your thread.

Never mind Smile I did a little more digging and found it (just didn't scroll down far enough. Great post Jenna - thanks for looking out for our boy!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:08 pm

crys7 wrote:
Jenna wrote:
I had a feeling LOL! Billy Joel totally gave it away & so did the disdain for JT. Nice defense btw!

LOL guess I havn't been very quiet about my dislike for JT...sorry any JT fans but Matt is no second rate JT clone! Of course all of you know this! Matt IMO is way more talented.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:32 pm

Quote :

THIS reason is exactly why I think someone has approached Matt and he is going to be signed because if he was thinking about doing something on this own or independent label at this point he would say, "Well I'm gonna be working on another album after the tour" (knowing he's did it before) but he can't really say that "per say" right now because its NOT going to be "himself" that does it..does this make sense to anyone else what I'm trying to say here cuz I know what I'm trying to say but don't know how to put it! Lol...

Wow. Lisa You got me thinking with that one. I think you just might be right. At least I hope so.

Remember the article I posted the other day where Scott andMichael talk about preparing their future records and Anoop talking with labels?
And Matt...? He never mentions anything about recording. Zilch, nada.
I mean if he really doesn't have any offers whatsoever wouldn't he at least say to his fans he will be working on an album soon, self produced bla, bla.. I think he just might have something good on the table.
I am hoping Lisa is totally right!
Gosh..How much longer will it take till the day Matt gets signed? Let's hope that by September we all know something...

With the buzz Matt's been receiving through this tour I can't see him not getting signed. Even a guy at MJ's said that on his review.
If only Matt would hint us something. Anoop saying he was in talks with a label gives me much hope that Matt must have some good offers. I mean you can't even compare Matt with Anoop.Matt is miles ahead. Much more talented, plays piano and is way more marketable.
Ahhh. I want to know something already!
bounce

What do you guys think of this theory?
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:30 pm

mattyg93 wrote:

Remember the article I posted the other day where Scott andMichael talk about preparing their future records and Anoop talking with labels?
I mean if he really doesn't have any offers whatsoever wouldn't he at least say to his fans he will be working on an album soon, self produced bla, bla.. I think he just might have something good on the table.

Gosh..How much longer will it take till the day Matt gets signed? Let's hope that by September we all know something...

bounce

That's a really good point! Don't get Pebbles and OvenMitt in here, they'd have a field day! I feel like the contestants that say they are "doing something" really don't have anything. Matt is being smart and tight-lipped....though it is hard to bear as die-hard fans! He's just been pushing the Yobi.tv thing when asked about future projects. I really believe now, more than ever, that we'll hear some good news before the tour's out!
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Janizzle wrote:
mattyg93 wrote:

bounce

That's a really good point! Don't get Pebbles and OvenMitt in here, they'd have a field day! I feel like the contestants that say they are "doing something" really don't have anything. Matt is being smart and tight-lipped....though it is hard to bear as die-hard fans! He's just been pushing the Yobi.tv thing when asked about future projects. I really believe now, more than ever, that we'll hear some good news before the tour's out!

ohh girl you know us too well!!! me and ol 'Mitt have been theorizing this to death for a good 3 months now. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future   Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comments from Mjs on Matt's recording future
Page 1 of 1