HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

Washington, DC Show!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:46 am

http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_ai/1557059.html

Quote :
Matt--I always liked Matt on the show, but I think I'm crossing into Stan territory. For one, he gave us scorned!matt which will never, ever fail to make me laugh. Plus, he was incredibly nice when he came out before the show. His set was AMAZING--definite highlight of the first act. He completely killed Hard to Handle. I got full video of Georgia and 3/4 of YFM, but I'll upload those when YT isn't being benchy. Just suffice it to say #signmattgiraud

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:40 am

The end of the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:21 am

OMG, jenna! Those photos from Live Journal are leaving me SPEECHLESS! (Well, almost! ) Very Happy

I knew those "benches" from ONTD_AI were good for something! LOL Razz

WOW-WOW-WOW! Shocked Is this as close as we're going to get to a shirtless picture from Matt? Is he SEXAY or what, leaving the top of his shirt unbuttoned? I love you

Hmmm... not to get too personal, but is this confirmation that Matt has a little chest hair? confused Sorry, I don't mean to get too distracted! HAHA

And he does make that plaid shirt look GOOD! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:23 am

Yes I see the chest! gosh he looks great. I love his freckles and I love him in Blue - makes his eyes stand out even more.

I just think he is just truly amazing. I am so star struck. He has to get signed. I was tweeting the trend #signmattgiraud over and over last night for about 2 hours - my husband kept coming out to check on me as to why I was up so late!
A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

I thought Matt sounded emaculate on YOu Found Me when I saw him...but I did feel the energy leave the crowd. I don't understand though...because Kris sings boring songs and Anoop sand 2 boring songs....and the crowd doesn't really bash them for it. I guess people just don't like Matt singing the Fray - I don't think he sounds copycat at alll. He sounds way better than the Fray actually!

As for Kris and Danny - I use to hate on them too! But after seeing them live and meeting them in person I have changed my opinion. I also have to admire these 2 guys for their love and support and friendship with Matt!

When we met Kris on Friday night we didn't like him. Everyone was saying he was turning into a diva. My daughter actually saw him drop a waterbottle on the ground and then the security person picked it up. Then he had to leave before he finished signing autographs. And just his whole attitude that night made us call him "Rude Kris". But then when we met him on Saturday - all that changed! Kris was so sweet outside the arena in Charlotte. When he was right in front of me he looked right into my eyes - yes, I made eye contact with Kris Allen - and he smile that crooked little smile and says to me "So, how are you doing tonight?" all the while signing autographs! I was star struck for a moment. Then I asked him if he would take a picture with my daughter and he did! What a sweet guy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:22 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:
Yes I see the chest! gosh he looks great. I love his freckles and I love him in Blue - makes his eyes stand out even more.

I just think he is just truly amazing. I am so star struck. He has to get signed. I was tweeting the trend #signmattgiraud over and over last night for about 2 hours - my husband kept coming out to check on me as to why I was up so late!
A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

I thought Matt sounded emaculate on YOu Found Me when I saw him...but I did feel the energy leave the crowd. I don't understand though...because Kris sings boring songs and Anoop sand 2 boring songs....and the crowd doesn't really bash them for it. I guess people just don't like Matt singing the Fray - I don't think he sounds copycat at alll. He sounds way better than the Fray actually!

As for Kris and Danny - I use to hate on them too! But after seeing them live and meeting them in person I have changed my opinion. I also have to admire these 2 guys for their love and support and friendship with Matt!

When we met Kris on Friday night we didn't like him. Everyone was saying he was turning into a diva. My daughter actually saw him drop a waterbottle on the ground and then the security person picked it up. Then he had to leave before he finished signing autographs. And just his whole attitude that night made us call him "Rude Kris". But then when we met him on Saturday - all that changed! Kris was so sweet outside the arena in Charlotte. When he was right in front of me he looked right into my eyes - yes, I made eye contact with Kris Allen - and he smile that crooked little smile and says to me "So, how are you doing tonight?" all the while signing autographs! I was star struck for a moment. Then I asked him if he would take a picture with my daughter and he did! What a sweet guy!

I may have tweeted this to you (but with all the tweeting going on last night, I'm not sure I anyone would have seen anything besides #signmattgiraud) but your daughter is adorable and clearly she gets her looks from you. I hope your husband is the understanding type because I don't see you being "cured" of Matt Giraud syndrome anytime soon. Actually, it looks a little like an epidemic on this board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:23 pm

A review from MJ's - she liked the music, not so much the faux-hawk.

Quote :
When Matt came out the crowd went CRAZY… until they saw his faux hawk. Kidding. But the hawk really diminished his hotness factor IMO. It makes him less Timberlake-ish which I guess is good for him, but I think one can never look too much like Justin, so. In spite of that, the piano playing was hot and it was great to see his talent. Matt had the crowd in the palm of his hand, with Anoop right behind him for crowd energy, I’d say. The crowd melted for “Georgia” and he had the entire audience singing along with “You Found Me” (The Fray, another “Coffee shop” band favorite of mine).

Quote :
During the group medley Megan & Lil were alright but I got excited again when Scott & Matt came up dueling on those pianos. Whew! That was awesome. My mom leaned over and said, “As your Grandaddy would say, They sure can tickle the ivories!” That’s for sure! Matt & Scott in their respective piano pieces, as well as together, were some of my favorite moments of last night. The larger group number at the end of the medley was really great and made me realize just how many cuties there are this season! (And we hadn’t even gotten to Danny Adam & Kris yet! Good golly!
)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Here is another glowing review from a Kris fan on MJ's.

Quote :
Matt comes out and launches into The Black Crowes’ version of “Hard to Handle,” which is one of my favorite songs and rocks it out on the piano. He sounds awesome, awesome, awesome and the crowd is giving him easily the best reception so far. Then he does a really soulful “Georgia” on the piano, and his piano skills and how into it he gets are really fun to watch. He finished with The Fray’s “You Found Me” and does a great job on that as well, considering I thought he sucked when he sang that on Idol. Matt’s applause is easily the most thunderous so far. And let me say this: out of all the performers this evening, Matt surprised me the most. He sounded really, really good. If anyone else from this season gets a record deal (aside from Kris/Adam/Allison, who already obviously have them), it should be Matt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:45 pm

sgr91 wrote:

Quote :
Matt comes out and launches into The Black Crowes’ version of “Hard to Handle,” which is one of my favorite songs and rocks it out on the piano. He sounds awesome, awesome, awesome and the crowd is giving him easily the best reception so far. Then he does a really soulful “Georgia” on the piano, and his piano skills and how into it he gets are really fun to watch. He finished with The Fray’s “You Found Me” and does a great job on that as well, considering I thought he sucked when he sang that on Idol. Matt’s applause is easily the most thunderous so far. And let me say this: out of all the performers this evening, Matt surprised me the most. He sounded really, really good. If anyone else from this season gets a record deal (aside from Kris/Adam/Allison, who already obviously have them), it should be Matt.

I get so happy and damned furious all at once. SIGNMATTGIRAUD for crying out loud!!! WHAT are they not getting? I would think that making him a succesful recording artist would be as easy as stealing candy from kids!!
URGGHHH!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:13 pm

So at MJ's they are talking about people's different perceptions of the tour and how they actually experienced it.

MJ quoted this person

Quote :
I was laughing to myself a little–at the difference between my perception and some of the things I was reading online.

And here is her response.

Quote :
This of course, was while I was watching the concert in Charlotte. I had been reading things to the effect that Kris taking the stage was like somebody popping a balloon, and the air was like the energy draining out of the arena–that wasn’t my experience.

Ditto Matt’s “You Found Me” I was expecting it to be the suckiest suck that ever sucked according to some of the online stuff I had read–at complete odds with the rest of his set, and while it wasn’t his best song, or most original interpretation, I thought it had plenty of energy.

I really do think that the people on MJ's have a group think mentality. They read that someone doesn't like You Found Me so they decide they have the response to it.

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Here's another response to MJ regarding You Found Me...

Quote :
LOL! I expected the same thing, and, though I believe he should still reverse the set order and have YFM first and Hard to Handle last, the Fray song was still strong and he sang it well.

Now that the queen has spoken expect to see people liking YFM now...LOL!

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Review and preshow stuff...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/05/AR2009080502409.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Quote :
The stick-to-the-script-ness feel made the overall concert a bit blah, but Scott MacIntyre (the show's first blind contestant) and former lounge singer Matt Giraud ramped things up when they appeared, seated at back-to-back upright pianos, on a platform that ascended from below the stage, and launched into a spirited duet.

And some of the Idols managed to break through into a semblance of live-ness, including Iraheta, Lambert, and Giraud, who mercifully indulged in some chatty patter.

Pre-concert, five of the Idols gathered backstage to spend some time with the press and dish. The Idols have been traveling all together in a single bus since the tour began July 5 (its final stop is Sept. 15 in New Hampshire). What with sleeping in the bus and in hotels, the Idols are a bit tired, though they had the day off yesterday. Lambert (who's rushing to release an album in November) got a facial and went shopping, donning a trucker hat and glasses (his incognito look). Giraud went to the Museum of Natural History, where, he says, he hummed the Night in the Museum theme song and "geeked out for hours." Joy, Rounds and Iraheta all went shopping with their hairdresser.

None of the idols who spoke to the press were aware that Abdul's absence from the upcoming ninth season had been confirmed.

"I haven't heard that" said Giraud. "I gotta call her!"

Back to top Go down
pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Jenna wrote:
http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_ai/1557059.html

Quote :
Matt--I always liked Matt on the show, but I think I'm crossing into Stan territory. For one, he gave us scorned!matt which will never, ever fail to make me laugh. Plus, he was incredibly nice when he came out before the show. His set was AMAZING--definite highlight of the first act. He completely killed Hard to Handle. I got full video of Georgia and 3/4 of YFM, but I'll upload those when YT isn't being benchy. Just suffice it to say #signmattgiraud

OK - I realize I'm a little late with this, and it's pretty redundant, but WEEEEEEEEE!!! I love the open shirt pics!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:21 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
OMG, jenna! Those photos from Live Journal are leaving me SPEECHLESS! (Well, almost! ) Very Happy

WOW-WOW-WOW! Shocked Is this as close as we're going to get to a shirtless picture from Matt? Is he SEXAY or what, leaving the top of his shirt unbuttoned? I love you

Hmmm... not to get too personal, but is this confirmation that Matt has a little chest hair? confused Sorry, I don't mean to get too distracted! HAHA

HA Riley-- You were thinking my exact same thoughts! That 3rd pic down with the chest peekaboo--m-m-m- well, we're getting closer to shirtless pic! Hopefully the Mattwave will continue and well see more unbuttoned shirts! And I love the blue plaid shirt on Matt so much!! I'm really glad Matt likes his shirts a little on the tight side! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lumma

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Blue shirt looks so great on him... *Sigh* Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:40 pm

graciecat wrote:
Riley 9 wrote:

HA Riley-- You were thinking my exact same thoughts! That 3rd pic down with the chest peekaboo--m-m-m- well, we're getting closer to shirtless pic! Hopefully the Mattwave will continue and well see more unbuttoned shirts! And I love the blue plaid shirt on Matt so much!! I'm really glad Matt likes his shirts a little on the tight side! tongue

I was drawn to that from the first second lol Amazing how alike we are!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:34 pm

cecilie wrote:
graciecat wrote:
Riley 9 wrote:

I was drawn to that from the first second lol Amazing how alike we are!!

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE Cecilie, and obviously this forum is full of GREAT MINDS!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:22 pm

Matt looks really good in that blue plaid shirt. I prefer him without fedoras but that one in particular is cool.
He just looks hotter with no hats. JMHO.

Anyways... I am still in disbelief that no one has approached Matt yet with all these awesome reviews.
Lots of people at MJ's who were not fans now believe Matt should be the only left signed to a major label. I think it still might happen. This makes me so happy! Everyone sees potential in Matt!
Remember we all have to continue to support him like Jason Castro's fans. It just might work that way for Matt although I would prefer for him to get signed much sooner.
I was so excited at what we did last night trending Matt. I think all of his fans were a bit in shock he still did not have any offers so everyone rallied for him.
I think with time labels will be more confident to sign him. He has a strong fanbase already and so much potential....

Maybe after the NY shows someone will approach him! I really hope so. Let's pray guys! It will happen sooner or later! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:53 pm

YFM far away but good sound...

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Georgia again far away but good sound

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:59 pm

Amazing HTH

Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:36 pm

sgr91 wrote:

Quote :

OMG..these reviews make me wanna cry!! Sooo Happy for Matty!! I love you I love you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:38 pm

sgr91 wrote:
A review from MJ's - she liked the music, not so much the faux-hawk.

Quote :
When Matt came out the crowd went CRAZY… until they saw his faux hawk. Kidding. But the hawk really diminished his hotness factor IMO. It makes him less Timberlake-ish which I guess is good for him, but I think one can never look too much like Justin, so. In spite of that, the piano playing was hot and it was great to see his talent. Matt had the crowd in the palm of his hand, with Anoop right behind him for crowd energy, I’d say. The crowd melted for “Georgia” and he had the entire audience singing along with “You Found Me” (The Fray, another “Coffee shop” band favorite of mine).

Quote :
During the group medley Megan & Lil were alright but I got excited again when Scott & Matt came up dueling on those pianos. Whew! That was awesome. My mom leaned over and said, “As your Grandaddy would say, They sure can tickle the ivories!” That’s for sure! Matt & Scott in their respective piano pieces, as well as together, were some of my favorite moments of last night. The larger group number at the end of the medley was really great and made me realize just how many cuties there are this season! (And we hadn’t even gotten to Danny Adam & Kris yet! Good golly!
)

SEE HE HAD THE WHOLE AUDIENCE SINGING ALONG WITH YOU FOUND ME!!! BECAUSE HE'S FREAKIN AWESOME!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:44 pm

Here's a review from the DC show.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11673-DC-Concerts-Examiner~y2009m8d5-American-Idols-Live-Tour-2009-Concert-Review-and-Interview-part-1-of-2

"As fans were leaving the show many named Matt Giraud, winner of the first ever Idol save, as their favorite performer of the evening. Giraud made the Fray's "You Found Me" interesting with vocal qualities similar to Clayton Stroope of Thriving Ivory. He is one of those performers who has it all; he can sing, dance, play piano, has a sense of humor and a signature style. Hopefully we will hear more from Matt Giraud after the tour."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:50 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:29 pm

hazuki wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5EnIQLmnRI
YFM (short/partial)

Its cute because you can hear the girl taping it saying "I love him" and then singing along to the song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   

Back to top Go down

Washington, DC Show!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next