HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 
 

 Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:37 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32362030/ns/entertainment-music//

And where have I heard of the name Linda Holmes who is the author of this pile of dreck!


Quote :
Matt Giraud is perhaps the most frustrating, because he has considerable vocal skill, and everything he's doing with it is gravely irritating. A bluesy piano singer need not cover Otis Redding's "Hard To Handle." And "Georgia On My Mind" is too on-the-nose, too much a comparison of himself to Ray Charles, kidding-but-not. Giraud was born with silver pipes and aluminum musicality — commercially sturdy, but so far, short on beauty.


WTF does this shit mean. Short on beauty? Aluminum musicality? Too much a comparison of himself to Ray Charles? Gravely irritating. What does she want him to do? He is singing covers for Pete Sakes! So she found him very talented but didn't approve of his song choices? Wow this has to be the weirdest review ever. You can't bitch about how terrible he is so you complain about his song choices?

_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
cranberry

avatar

Posts : 655
Join date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Jenna wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32362030/ns/entertainment-music//

And where have I heard of the name Linda Holmes who is the author of this pile of dreck!


Quote :
Matt Giraud is perhaps the most frustrating, because he has considerable vocal skill, and everything he's doing with it is gravely irritating. A bluesy piano singer need not cover Otis Redding's "Hard To Handle." And "Georgia On My Mind" is too on-the-nose, too much a comparison of himself to Ray Charles, kidding-but-not. Giraud was born with silver pipes and aluminum musicality — commercially sturdy, but so far, short on beauty.


WTF does this shit mean. Short on beauty? Aluminum musicality? Too much a comparison of himself to Ray Charles? Gravely irritating. What does she want him to do? He is singing covers for Pete Sakes! So she found him very talented but didn't approve of his song choices? Wow this has to be the weirdest review ever. You can't bitch about how terrible he is so you complain about his song choices?

What a shitty review.She seem to have the smallest weirdest possible box for Matt and she needs to see eye and head doctors asap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

avatar

Posts : 795
Join date : 2009-05-15
Location : Copenhagen, Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:55 pm

cranberry wrote:
Jenna wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32362030/ns/entertainment-music//

And where have I heard of the name Linda Holmes who is the author of this pile of dreck!


Quote :
Matt Giraud is perhaps the most frustrating, because he has considerable vocal skill, and everything he's doing with it is gravely irritating. A bluesy piano singer need not cover Otis Redding's "Hard To Handle." And "Georgia On My Mind" is too on-the-nose, too much a comparison of himself to Ray Charles, kidding-but-not. Giraud was born with silver pipes and aluminum musicality — commercially sturdy, but so far, short on beauty.


WTF does this shit mean. Short on beauty? Aluminum musicality? Too much a comparison of himself to Ray Charles? Gravely irritating. What does she want him to do? He is singing covers for Pete Sakes! So she found him very talented but didn't approve of his song choices? Wow this has to be the weirdest review ever. You can't bitch about how terrible he is so you complain about his song choices?

What a shitty review.She seem to have the smallest weirdest possible box for Matt and she needs to see eye and head doctors asap.

Well she is not worthy of our time - but sometimes uhhh it is so nice to hate on haters, right?!?
LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:58 pm

The comment I am most confused about is aluminum musicality. What is that supposed to mean? That he is pliable musically or versatile? LOL she goes on to say this about Kris...

Quote :
Kris Allen, for all that he seems like a safe, slow-pitch alternative to the Adam Lambert knuckleball, is a solid musician and an amiable, charismatic performer

What she says about Kris completely ruins her credibility in my eyes. Really charismatic? Charismatic and Kris don't belong anywhere near eachother let alone in the same sentence. Kris doesn't have a shred of charisma in his little body.

_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG




Last edited by Jenna on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
cecilie

avatar

Posts : 795
Join date : 2009-05-15
Location : Copenhagen, Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Jenna wrote:
The comment I am most confused about is aluminum musicality. What is that supposed to mean. That he is pliable musically or versatile? LOL she goes on to say this about Kris...

Quote :
Kris Allen, for all that he seems like a safe, slow-pitch alternative to the Adam Lambert knuckleball, is a solid musician and an amiable, charismatic performer

What she says about Kris completely ruins her credibility in my eyes. Really charismatic? Charismatic and Kris don't belong anywhere near eachother let alone in the same sentence. Kris doesn't have a shred of charisma in his little body.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!
Quote :
charismatic performer
GEEZ - this woman is not right in the head! KRIS=BORIIIIIIIING!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mero17

avatar

Posts : 137
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 26
Location : Egypt

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:05 pm

[quote="Jenna"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32362030/ns/entertainment-music//

And where have I heard of the name Linda Holmes who is the author of this pile of dreck!


Quote :
Matt Giraud is perhaps the most frustrating, because he has considerable vocal skill, and everything he's doing with it is gravely irritating. A bluesy piano singer need not cover Otis Redding's "Hard To Handle." And "Georgia On My Mind" is too on-the-nose, too much a comparison of himself to Ray Charles, kidding-but-not. Giraud was born with silver pipes and aluminum musicality — commercially sturdy, but so far, short on beauty. [/quote]


WTF does this shit mean. Short on beauty? Aluminum musicality? Too much a comparison of himself to Ray Charles? Gravely irritating. What does she want him to do? He is singing covers for Pete Sakes! So she found him very talented but didn't approve of his song choices? Wow this has to be the weirdest review ever. You can't bitch about how terrible he is so you complain about his song choices?


Ok....She lost me there I really don't understand her point...what does she mean??seriously ...Is it just me??? scratch scratch
BTW..anyone who thinks Kris has some sort of "charisma" isn't worth our time ...this review is really weird!!! crazy lady drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranberry

avatar

Posts : 655
Join date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Ok, its time to use the scandinavian fist talk again! Stuff that lady to a box and ship her to me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

avatar

Posts : 795
Join date : 2009-05-15
Location : Copenhagen, Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:09 pm

cranberry wrote:
Ok, its time to use the scandinavian fist talk again! Stuff that lady to a box and ship her to me!

OH I'll come join U - for sure!! sister slap LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranberry

avatar

Posts : 655
Join date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:11 pm

cecilie wrote:
cranberry wrote:
Ok, its time to use the scandinavian fist talk again! Stuff that lady to a box and ship her to me!

OH I'll come join U - for sure!! sister slap LOL

Linda Holmes,we gonna get you! Förbannande idiot! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

avatar

Posts : 795
Join date : 2009-05-15
Location : Copenhagen, Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:15 pm

cranberry wrote:
cecilie wrote:
cranberry wrote:
Ok, its time to use the scandinavian fist talk again! Stuff that lady to a box and ship her to me!

OH I'll come join U - for sure!! sister slap LOL

Linda Holmes,we gonna get you! Förbannande idiot! lol!

YAY - finally a scandinavian word!! She just is!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mero17

avatar

Posts : 137
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 26
Location : Egypt

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:17 pm

oh you won't believe what happened today (story to prove that kris= Sleep ):

I was out with my friends (not fans of the show,never watch it) in a cafe' and they were playing some good music(linkin prak,green day, etc..) you know "up beat" music
THen....No boundaries was on( Oh god this song sucks big time!!!!)
I didn't comment coz my friends won't know what I'm talking about ....halfway through it one of them told "wow that song is just plain boring!! The guy singing sounds awful!!"...They'll pretty much agreed on that

IMO..People who didn't watch AI won't run to buy Kris album once it's out coz he's just Sleep ....There's no "charisma" in their!!!....I know I got way off topic here but I wanted to share this story!!
So..Ignore this crazy lady!! she doesn't know what she's talking about!! drunken ...She should look up "charisma" in a dictionary!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:25 pm

mero17 wrote:
oh you won't believe what happened today (story to prove that kris= Sleep ):

I was out with my friends (not fans of the show,never watch it) in a cafe' and they were playing some good music(linkin prak,green day, etc..) you know "up beat" music
THen....No boundaries was on( Oh god this song sucks big time!!!!)
I didn't comment coz my friends won't know what I'm talking about ....halfway through it one of them told "wow that song is just plain boring!! The guy singing sounds awful!!"...They'll pretty much agreed on that

IMO..People who didn't watch AI won't run to buy Kris album once it's out coz he's just Sleep ....There's no "charisma" in their!!!....I know I got way off topic here but I wanted to share this story!!
So..Ignore this crazy lady!! she doesn't know what she's talking about!! drunken ...She should look up "charisma" in a dictionary!!! lol!


LOL this is what she has to say about Kris selling CD's...

Quote :
He moves easily on stage, with a sort of coffeehouse friendliness that doesn't shake rafters, but has its own appealing warmth. Guys like this may not get on the cover of Rolling Stone as easily as Adam Lambert, but guys like this sell records.

_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
mero17

avatar

Posts : 137
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 26
Location : Egypt

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:32 pm

Jenna wrote:
mero17 wrote:
oh you won't believe what happened today (story to prove that kris= Sleep ):

I was out with my friends (not fans of the show,never watch it) in a cafe' and they were playing some good music(linkin prak,green day, etc..) you know "up beat" music
THen....No boundaries was on( Oh god this song sucks big time!!!!)
I didn't comment coz my friends won't know what I'm talking about ....halfway through it one of them told "wow that song is just plain boring!! The guy singing sounds awful!!"...They'll pretty much agreed on that

IMO..People who didn't watch AI won't run to buy Kris album once it's out coz he's just Sleep ....There's no "charisma" in their!!!....I know I got way off topic here but I wanted to share this story!!
So..Ignore this crazy lady!! she doesn't know what she's talking about!! drunken ...She should look up "charisma" in a dictionary!!! lol!


LOL this is what she has to say about Kris selling CD's...

Quote :
He moves easily on stage, with a sort of coffeehouse friendliness that doesn't shake rafters, but has its own appealing warmth. Guys like this may not get on the cover of Rolling Stone as easily as Adam Lambert, but guys like this sell records.

We'll see the numbers when his "record" is out!!!... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

avatar

Posts : 762
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 48
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Jenna wrote:
The comment I am most confused about is aluminum musicality. What is that supposed to mean? That he is pliable musically or versatile? LOL she goes on to say this about Kris...

Quote :
Kris Allen, for all that he seems like a safe, slow-pitch alternative to the Adam Lambert knuckleball, is a solid musician and an amiable, charismatic performer

What she says about Kris completely ruins her credibility in my eyes. Really charismatic? Charismatic and Kris don't belong anywhere near eachother let alone in the same sentence. Kris doesn't have a shred of charisma in his little body.


OMGGGG!! I read this S**T and was like WTH is this woman smoking?? For real?? confused I mean listen to how she words stuff..trying to sound all high and mighty or something?? Wow..what a bunch of crap! I agree we just need to ignore stupid ass people like this!! Evil or Very Mad Kris makes me wanna Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graciecat

avatar

Posts : 460
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 60
Location : Auburn, Washington

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Jenna wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32362030/ns/entertainment-music//

And where have I heard of the name Linda Holmes who is the author of this pile of dreck!


Quote :
Matt Giraud is perhaps the most frustrating, because he has considerable vocal skill, and everything he's doing with it is gravely irritating. A bluesy piano singer need not cover Otis Redding's "Hard To Handle." And "Georgia On My Mind" is too on-the-nose, too much a comparison of himself to Ray Charles, kidding-but-not. Giraud was born with silver pipes and aluminum musicality — commercially sturdy, but so far, short on beauty.


WTF does this shit mean. Short on beauty? Aluminum musicality? Too much a comparison of himself to Ray Charles? Gravely irritating. What does she want him to do? He is singing covers for Pete Sakes! So she found him very talented but didn't approve of his song choices? Wow this has to be the weirdest review ever. You can't bitch about how terrible he is so you complain about his song choices?

SHE SUCKS!!!!! Plain and simple...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyfan

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2009-05-13
Location : WA

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:43 pm

She must be a nut case. Nothing she said makes sense, rather just a bunch of unrelated words strung together. drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC   

Back to top Go down
 
Not sure what show is being reviewed the writer is from DC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Mr.Electric's "The White Metal Show"
» Eruption HI-FI: Award Show, Biltmore Ballroom, NYC. 1988
» 1960s "BATMAN" TV show
» Marley Marl's Rap Attack Show on WBLS 107.5 FM, December 1987
» Jah Shaka on David Rodigans Kiss FM Show: October 2001

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt on the American Idol Tour: The Matt Show!-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum