HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

1st Annual Mattypalooza

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
macigirl

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Mattypalooza   Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:08 am

I decided to book a suite at the Radisson downtown in kazoo. Check it out here

http://www.radisson.com/kalamazoomi

I will DM you guys with details. But the reason I picked this and not a cheaper hotel is that the Radisson is right in the middle of the bar/restaurant area and is just a couple blocks from Monaco Bay. If we pick another hotel we would have to drive and we will have one car. This way people can go back to the hotel whenever they want to call it a night and not have to wait for others. I've stayed here and it is a great hotel. We can fit more people in this room so it will end up price wise OK.

Matt played at Zazios lounge in this hotel and at the piano in the lobby. So we can be in our full stalking mode while at this hotel. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Mattypalooza   Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:37 am

macigirl wrote:
Here's an update on Mattypalooza:

Who's coming: ME, sgr91, Jenna, Cecilie, Lisa M, 2kids3dogs, lovethemtigers. Anyone else??

Friday night we go to sgr's in Ann Arbor for a slumber party celebrating Matt. We will worship him on her big screen TV. Lisa M and I have a surprise! bounce

Saturday afternoon we will "do" Ann Arbor. Shop, eat/drink outside and people watch, and just enjoy this very cool city.

Late afternoon we will head to Kalamazoo which is an hour and a half west. But on the way we can go on a brief Matt stalker journey to Ypsilanti which is 10 minutes from Ann Arbor. Matt grew up in Ypsi so we can drive by his previous haunts.

Saturday night we will hit the bars in Kazoo. Where ever Matt played, we will be there! I have been to Monaco Bay once (at Matt's homecoming) and this is a FUN bar. School starts for WMU that Tuesday so students will be back in Kazoo even though it is a holiday weekend. So the area should be full of students and fun. Staying overnight in Kazoo.

Sunday get up and out and head to GR which is under an hour away. Get to those fences! See the concert! Stay over in GR. Head home on Monday.

I can drive to Kazoo/GR from sgr's. We will all fit because Tigers and 2kids will be driving with their families there. Or if need be we can take 2 cars. I will let 2kids and Tigers know which hotels I book so we can stay at the same place hopefully.

My main Mattypalooza mission will be to insure that Cecilie meets Matt. I don't care what happens, this group will do what it takes for Cecilie to talk to Matt. And since it appears that some of us are not very shy Very Happy hopefully this won't be too difficult to pull off.

Maci..this all sounds great to me...EXCEPT the part about the main mission for Cecilie to Meet Matt...YES that is definitely going to happen but also part of the mission is that Lisa Meets Matt to and no matter WHAT I have to do this will be happening!! lol! So everybody there better watch out cuz here I come!!! bounce I'm sooo excited for this weekend..I don't know which I'm more excited about ..Seeing Matt or meeting you guys and having a blast!! And YES Maci "our surprise" for everyone is going to be EPIC!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Mattypalooza   Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
macigirl wrote:
Here's an update on Mattypalooza:

Who's coming: ME, sgr91, Jenna, Cecilie, Lisa M, 2kids3dogs, lovethemtigers. Anyone else??

Friday night we go to sgr's in Ann Arbor for a slumber party celebrating Matt. We will worship him on her big screen TV. Lisa M and I have a surprise! bounce

Saturday afternoon we will "do" Ann Arbor. Shop, eat/drink outside and people watch, and just enjoy this very cool city.

Late afternoon we will head to Kalamazoo which is an hour and a half west. But on the way we can go on a brief Matt stalker journey to Ypsilanti which is 10 minutes from Ann Arbor. Matt grew up in Ypsi so we can drive by his previous haunts.

Saturday night we will hit the bars in Kazoo. Where ever Matt played, we will be there! I have been to Monaco Bay once (at Matt's homecoming) and this is a FUN bar. School starts for WMU that Tuesday so students will be back in Kazoo even though it is a holiday weekend. So the area should be full of students and fun. Staying overnight in Kazoo.

Sunday get up and out and head to GR which is under an hour away. Get to those fences! See the concert! Stay over in GR. Head home on Monday.

I can drive to Kazoo/GR from sgr's. We will all fit because Tigers and 2kids will be driving with their families there. Or if need be we can take 2 cars. I will let 2kids and Tigers know which hotels I book so we can stay at the same place hopefully.

My main Mattypalooza mission will be to insure that Cecilie meets Matt. I don't care what happens, this group will do what it takes for Cecilie to talk to Matt. And since it appears that some of us are not very shy Very Happy hopefully this won't be too difficult to pull off.

Maci..this all sounds great to me...EXCEPT the part about the main mission for Cecilie to Meet Matt...YES that is definitely going to happen but also part of the mission is that Lisa Meets Matt to and no matter WHAT I have to do this will be happening!! lol! So everybody there better watch out cuz here I come!!! bounce I'm sooo excited for this weekend..I don't know which I'm more excited about ..Seeing Matt or meeting you guys and having a blast!! And YES Maci "our surprise" for everyone is going to be EPIC!! cheers

Hehe - Lisa! I also want to get a pic with Matt! All I want is 5 seconds to get a pic with him - which I did not get in Duluth! Let's hope we all get the chance but yes, Cecilie girl you are meeting him!

can't wait! still have to buy my concert ticket!

I hope to connect with everyone at sgr's house Friday evening, then head over to my parents. I will only be in AA til Mon am and in between this must occur: Meet y'all, celebrate my daughter's 15th bday, attend a cousin's daughter's wedding, school clothes shop at Briarwood, go to the Concert, meet Matt, drink lots of coffee and drive back to Florida!
Good thing I have been running so much, as my driving legs will be doing a marathon!

I am toying with trying to get a hotel room Sunday night and just drive South from there but I think my parents might prefer we drive back to see them before leaving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Mattypalooza   Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Awe you guys make me cry happy tears!!
Maci - girl I love you!! What you wrote
Quote :
My main Mattypalooza mission will be to insure that Cecilie meets Matt.
made my heart melt!!
But I promise not to monopolize Matty LOL - well I prob couldnt't with Lisa "in da house" LOL
And I can't wait to meet everyone either. You have literally made this summer one of my craziest and best ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Mattypalooza   Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:20 pm

Okay one of my missions on the 1st Annual Mattylpalooza excursion is to be able to talk to Matt is a rash and calm manner and try not to smile like a looney-bird!!!! LOL

but I guess you could say the main thing - is that yes - Cecilie, Lisa meet Matt. Wait, Jenna have you met Matt? I know Maci has, what about SGR? 2kids3dogs has seen him but didn't get to have picture made. Okay. We are getting to those fences bright and early on Sunday to ensure we get a spot to meet Matt! WE must have posters with out twitter names on it so he'll know who we are! I have seen him twice and had picture made - but I do need a better one LOL.

I won't be there on Friday night for the surprise. We won't get there til sometime Saturday.

also, she doesn't come on here - but we talk to her on twitter and in concert chat - but dsouthie23 is also coming!
So i think that makes 8 in all. and my daughter - 9!

Maci, how many can sleep in that room just curious, cuz dsouthie23 will need a place to lay her head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Mattypalooza   Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:05 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:
Okay one of my missions on the 1st Annual Mattylpalooza excursion is to be able to talk to Matt is a rash and calm manner and try not to smile like a looney-bird!!!! LOL

but I guess you could say the main thing - is that yes - Cecilie, Lisa meet Matt. Wait, Jenna have you met Matt? I know Maci has, what about SGR? 2kids3dogs has seen him but didn't get to have picture made. Okay. We are getting to those fences bright and early on Sunday to ensure we get a spot to meet Matt! WE must have posters with out twitter names on it so he'll know who we are! I have seen him twice and had picture made - but I do need a better one LOL.

I won't be there on Friday night for the surprise. We won't get there til sometime Saturday.

also, she doesn't come on here - but we talk to her on twitter and in concert chat - but dsouthie23 is also coming!

Maci, how many can sleep in that room just curious, cuz dsouthie23 will need a place to lay her head.

add my two girls! I didn't know dsouthie23 decided to come!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Mattypalooza   Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:21 pm

cecilie wrote:
Awe you guys make me cry happy tears!!
Maci - girl I love you!! What you wrote
Quote :
My main Mattypalooza mission will be to insure that Cecilie meets Matt.
made my heart melt!!
But I promise not to monopolize Matty LOL - well I prob couldnt't with Lisa "in da house" LOL
And I can't wait to meet everyone either. You have literally made this summer one of my craziest and best ever.

hahaha...Cecilie and Lisa "in da house"...awww..I promise I won't hog him and we will make sure we spread the love around with him..that guy is gonna LOVE US SOOO much he will keep coming back around to us!! you just watch!! lol! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macigirl

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Mattypalooza   Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:22 pm

2kids3dogs wrote:
lovethemtigers wrote:

Tigers, ask dsouthie to DM here if she is coming. Thanks.

add my two girls! I didn't know dsouthie23 decided to come!

I remember dsouthie from chat one night. Well, the suite sleeps 4 including pull out couch and cot. There are 4 of us (Jenna, Cec, Lisa and me) sharing. The others are taken care of with other plans. I am sure everyone will welcome dsouthie to crash in the room. It will be a hectic morning getting beautiful for Matt but we can do it! I am a natural beauty so I only need 5 minutes in the am. Just a pinch on my cheeks and the world is mine! No

Tigers, ask dsouthie to PM me here if she is coming. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual Mattypalooza   

Back to top Go down

1st Annual Mattypalooza
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2