Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Long Island, NY Show Part Two!

Go down 
+14
Puppyeyes82
cecilie
BlondeB
lumma
iluvmatt
Giraudian#202
mattyg93
Lisa_M
graciecat
lovethemtigers
Riley 9
cranberry
sgr91
Jenna
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:59 pm

Ladies I can't even begin to explain what Matt does to me. How did this happen? When? I am just floored by it all. I try to think and pinpoint the exact moment that I fell hook line and sinker - and i really can't - i think i was there from the first moment i saw him - but it was just a spark that grew and grew with each week...and then even after Idol - and now - OMG after seeing him twice in one weekend and seeing all the gorgeous vids and pics - I swear - it's unreal . How can this 24 year old man suck me in like this!!! I fee like someone when they first fall in love - it's like it's all you can think about and you only want to see that person and talk about that person - maybe it's because i've been married so long - idk! Can anyone here relate to what i'm saying. Sometimes I feel like i'm so out there!!!! What is wrong with me????
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:09 am

mattyg93 wrote:
Also I just found this super amazing YFM video of last night.
I think the girl was like front row center. HE did AMAZING and he looks so good. Matt is ready to put out relevant music . His YFM now is like perfect. I can't wait for him to get signed and do new music like this.

Hope you guys enjoy it. and hope it's OK with you Jenna. It's from last night.

Great great YFM! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
BlondeB

BlondeB

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:14 am

mattyg93 wrote:
Also I just found this super amazing YFM video of last night.
I think the girl was like front row center. HE did AMAZING and he looks so good. Matt is ready to put out relevant music . His YFM now is like perfect. I can't wait for him to get signed and do new music like this.

Hope you guys enjoy it. and hope it's OK with you Jenna. It's from last night.

Sweet Mercy !! I think I'm in heaven. What an absolutely fantastic video! Love that it's shot closeup so we can really see Matty's facial expressions. It shows how much emotion he really puts forth in this peformance. Absolutely gorgeous. That 'lost and insecure' part at 2:26 sounds so vulnerable...so sweet -- makes me wanna just jump right into the video and hug him. Thanks mattyg93 !

Lovethemtigers, oh, you're definitely not alone. I can certainly relate. I have been completely swept in by this guy....the voice, the charm, the looks, the whole kittenkaboodle. My thirst for everything and anything Matty is never quenched. So, scooch on over and make some room on that Matt addiction couch because you've got some company! Smile
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:11 am

lovethemtigers wrote:
Ladies I can't even begin to explain what Matt does to me. How did this happen? When? I am just floored by it all. I try to think and pinpoint the exact moment that I fell hook line and sinker - and i really can't - i think i was there from the first moment i saw him - but it was just a spark that grew and grew with each week...and then even after Idol - and now - OMG after seeing him twice in one weekend and seeing all the gorgeous vids and pics - I swear - it's unreal . How can this 24 year old man suck me in like this!!! I fee like someone when they first fall in love - it's like it's all you can think about and you only want to see that person and talk about that person - maybe it's because i've been married so long - idk! Can anyone here relate to what i'm saying. Sometimes I feel like i'm so out there!!!! What is wrong with me????

Awe - reading this I have this huge smile on my face! You are too precious!!
I feel the same way, Tigers! It is so unreal..

I am also smiling because in one of yr first posts you were all about the agedifference and that you could appreciate his good looks and talent but that you would sort of leave the gushing, loving and drooling to others..I remember because I was like DANG - then I am probably to old too...but I was at that time allready head over heals with this guy bounce
I did feel (somewhat still) a tiny bit awkward since my oldest son will turn 18 in a few weeks....urhg
But it is stronger than me - it is just a fact.
I literally find myself in a state where I am completely hyper Very Happy
I do in part blame all of you guys because we are SOOO good at exciting eachother LOL we are really getting eachother totally worked up with all of these pictures, videos, reacaps of meetings, tweets etc.

So Tigers - I think it's completely OK and I love the way you feel!! I do understand that for hubby it might be a bit weird - imagine if it were the other way around LOL

So - food, work, sleep does not interest me at the moment- it's like this MGmania has become my basic need lol!
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:04 am

lovethemtigers wrote:
I´m with you,sharing your emotions. How did this happen? Never been a fangirl in my life. I ain´t complaining,though.
It is a priviledge to share the love with you all and witness the upspring of a beautiful soulful artist and star. flower
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:27 am

lovethemtigers wrote:

Every now and again, there's a post that just draws me out that I have to reply to. I'm here A LOT, too often, actually, but I feel so comforted knowing that there are other women with teenage children who feel as I do. It's crazy!!!!! I can't get my work done. My family thinks I'm loony......my husband is seriously worried. Matt is very consuming. I don't see an end in sight. It's actually getting worse! So, I'm right there with you tiger, Cecilie, Lisa, etc., etc. I'm a fangirl! At my age....!!!!! NEVER been one before.
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:55 am

Lisa_M wrote:
cranberry wrote:
Shocked The sound is not good but he is on fire up there! Can you see the new moves? Or maybe my eyes are lying.

Geesshhh..you know your a mattacoholic when you watch a video with very sh*ty sound just so you can see Matt shake what his mother gave him!!! mmmmmmm...soooo fine!! and No cranberry your eyes aren't lying ..he is definitely doing more shaking his booty in this video and just more dancing in general!! loveeeeeee it!! I love you I love you

Yep - the little hip moves at 1:21 are definitely new and i love it!!!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 am

Puppyeyes82 wrote:
lovethemtigers wrote:

Every now and again, there's a post that just draws me out that I have to reply to. I'm here A LOT, too often, actually, but I feel so comforted knowing that there are other women with teenage children who feel as I do. It's crazy!!!!! I can't get my work done. My family thinks I'm loony......my husband is seriously worried. Matt is very consuming. I don't see an end in sight. It's actually getting worse! So, I'm right there with you tiger, Cecilie, Lisa, etc., etc. I'm a fangirl! At my age....!!!!! NEVER been one before.

Just had to jump on this bandwagon with all of you lovely ladies with my total Matt obsession. I'm probably the oldest one of us (my 1st and only fangirl obsession was the Beatles begnning when I was 13). I've been married 39 years this December, and have a 29 year old son. However, I am completely and utterly smitten with Matt and have been since we first met him on AI. My husband is gorgeous, athletic, smart, sexy, funny, sweet and plays piano (the envy of all my friends) and is very understanding about this (amazingly), but he's been dropping little hints lately like, when I finally drag myself away from the computer in the evening and join him on the patio he'll say, "you've been missing some beautiful evenings", or "how's Matt today" and kind of gives me a little look. He asked me last night what I'm gonna do when the tour is over. It blows me away that he's so cool with this....I know I wouldn't be if he was doing this over another woman, so I feel kind of guilty (not guilty enough to stop obsessing, LOL, but I probably should limit this to when he's not around. Anyway - just wanted you all to know I'm right there with ya!
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:37 am

True confessions.......I have two in college and one is in high school. Married 22 years in September. Funny (hilarious, actually), gorgeous, successful, incredible husband who is baffled but not bothered by my obsession. Neither of us is the jealous type and I suppose that Matt's age makes it more funny than serious to him. If only he knew! Oh well, glad we're all together here. It makes me feel "normal".
Back to top Go down
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:34 am

Okay so I'll admit my obsession........now I'm not married or have been with my significant other for a long time, only about 2 1/2 years. But he's seen me go through my slight obsessions with Chris Daughtry, Justin Timberlake & Wentworth Miller (Michael Scofield on Prison Break if ya'll didn't know) and he definitely thinks Matt tops them all off. I've never been on a forum, twitter, facebook, youtube as much for a "celebrity" as much as I have been for Matt. He's slightly worried about me only b/c I pay more attention to Matt's videos than when my boyfriend talks to me Laughing He's not the jealous type either but when I told him I had plans on going downtown Baltimore by myself to just wait for Matt, he kinda freaked out. Baltimore isn't the safest city but I was willing to take that chance Very Happy I have yet to show him the pic of Matt & I or share that I will be taking off work next month to go stalk again......he did make fun of my fedora though Sad But yes, I'm addicted to Matt.....not gonna lie, it's such a sweeeeet addiction though!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Thank you all. It's comforting to know that I'm not alone. If only my husband could read all this and see i'm normal. He doesn't say much - but I think he thinks i'm crazy. Last night he wanted me to sit outside with him - but all I really wanted to do is get on here and look and talk about Matt.

I have been married for 20 years - my oldest son is 20, my daughter -17 ya'll have seen her on the charlotte concert thread, and my boy is 10!

But as you said pasinthru - I dont' think he's too concerned about Matt - since he's so much younger than me.
If only he knew!!!
Cecilie knows what i'm talking about - tsk, tsk! lol!
Now in this obsession with Matt i have this desire to go to GR concert and meet up with my gurls and have a great time - and i'm serious when it has more to do than meeting you all then with seeing matt even! He is the added bonus of course. I just want to see how everyone will react when they see Matt for the first time in person. Megann - i know you know - heck gurl you even got a tweet from him while he was backstage getting ready to go out and perform - how awesome is that!!!!!
But he is larger than life to me - and all i can remember - after all of this obsessing - after I took my picture with him and he began to walk away I patted his back - you know one of those quick little friendly pats - maybe it was even motherly - i just couldn't help myself! He is such a sweet guy! And i tell you i couldn't take my eyes off of him!
*sigh* I really want to be there when you meet him Cecilie - that's all i can think about. I want to be right there by you - holding you up in case you faint! AS of right now, i'm not going - but i'm still trying to see if i can get the courage to ask.........my obsession is pretty strong - there have been times in the past week - it's on the tip of my tongue. okay sorry this got long..see what i mean!!!
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:44 pm

I think we need a new thread --- True Confessions of a Mattaholic/Matt Addict! lol!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:43 pm

graciecat wrote:
I think we need a new thread --- True Confessions of a Mattaholic/Matt Addict! lol!
I second that - remember on the AI forum the "i need an intervention thread"...Ms.Ovenmitt started the saying i think..."Hi my name is _______ and I'm a Mattaholic!"
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:02 pm

Awe - I just love how this thread evolved into somthing quite different!! It is SO nice to have a place to vent all our feelings!!

I do hope that you are going to be there Tigers - counting on your support!! Can't wait to meet all of you bounce and hug, snif, kiss Matt Embarassed (sorry now I stole one of Jennas kisses oops lol)

I have to brag about my hubby too lol He is really cool with all this - heck he is even offered me to upgrade my ticket to a business-class ticket LOL He loves the fact that I am going to meet up with all of you .
He also often asks me "so how is Matt today" and laughs not at me but with me - so sweet. Hubby is younger than me (38) and is a confident and relaxed guy - apparently lol Enough about him

Matt has def swept me off my feet. But you all know that..*sigh*..
I am an overly emotional person LOL and I've had my shares of cries over him - just because he gets to me in ways beyond belief.
Hell - I am in my "skinny jeans" for the first time in years LOL beacuse of all the running and lack of appetite..
GEEZ!!
I'll stop the rambling
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:10 pm

This belongs to the Newark NJ Part two,sorry!

From MJ´s MaryS`s very entertaining review.Must be from the second show,cause she mentions the hip moves..
(Sorry,I don´t know how to do the real quote stuff.)

Matt Giraud – What? No hat? I feel so cheated. Oh, phew! There it is. But wait! Matt has some really muscular thighs. Those pants look painted on and…and… oh! Was that a hip thrust? Oh my g… Ahem.

Matt Giraud of the soulful voice and the White Chocolate during season 8 really caught my attention during Hollywood Week. It was a rocky, pitchy road thereafter and I was really surprised that a guy who made a living as a musician would be so overcome by nerves. Well, let me tell you. His concert set is HOT! Wow, and how! First of all, I LOVE the blue-eyed soul and he brings it! He commands the stage and shows his prowess on the piano. The nerves are gone and I can absolutely see why the judges wanted to give him another chance. I agree with other reviewers who rave about his concert set because he Is. Just. That. Good. I love Matt’s version of “Georgia on My Mind” and while I don’t usually love an abundance of riffs and runs he used it carefully this time. But the best thing of all is his cover of (Black Crowes arrangement) Hard to Handle! Okay, now I have to stop gushing like a fangirl (and go find some video of this performance).

Best performance: “Hard to Handle” – hot, soulful, energetic, gritty-smooth. (Nice thighs)

Least best performance: “You Found Me” – I’m not a huge fan of The Fray but the other two pieces were just so, so delicious, it’s only third place only by default.

The pre-intermission group numbers were so-so. I like Scott and Matt duel/ting on piano very much; classic Billy Joel and they’re wearing matching hats! I liked the guys singing, especially Michael’s little bit of Suspicious Minds. But Lil and Megan were uninspiring in “You’re Just too Good to Be True”. I did love all the black and white outfits and the bling! (natch).

Last edited by cranberry on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:14 pm

graciecat wrote:

New thread,new thread,new thread!! bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:31 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:
graciecat wrote:
I second that - remember on the AI forum the "i need an intervention thread"...Ms.Ovenmitt started the saying i think..."Hi my name is _______ and I'm a Mattaholic!"

Oh my Giraud! Ha! the good ol' days of the Intervention thread at the AI forums. Those were some good times right there.

I submitted WAY too many tales of Mattaholism to that thread. And, perhaps it was I that started the Mattaholism thing. But it's kind of true: getting butterflies, loss of appetite, thinking of Matt morning and night, hiding my addiction (for a while; I've since been found out!) from friends and family. It's just like any other drug. And I can't explain myself, either. I've never been a "fan" before, and certainly never an addict. But I suppose Matt has that quality about him that draws people to him. We've all fallen victim.

Anyway, I've learned to live with my Mattaholism. It's probably never gonna go away, but I've learned to manage it in order to maintain order in my life. But I still can't resist peeking at my usual haunts every day: MJ's, Twitter and, of course, this forum!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 pm

LOL cranberry - you keep us focused!
Loved that review!
She sounds more or less like one of us lol
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:42 pm

cecilie wrote:
Loved that review!
Maybe we should guide her to us,to the nest. What a Face
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:16 pm

cranberry wrote:
cecilie wrote:
Loved that review!
Maybe we should guide her to us,to the nest. What a Face

LOL. What a nest we have created here with a bunch of crazed little birdies!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:54 pm

Matt's whole set...

Part One

Part Two

Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Not sure if this reveiw is for the first or second Long Island show...

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/popvox/archive/2009/08/14/front-row-at-the-american-idol-concert.aspx

Quote :

Some time later (I might've fallen asleep): Matt Giraud helps us recover with the Black Crowes' "Hard to Handle," Ray Charles's "Georgia on My Mind," and the Fray's "You Found Me." Now I can understand why he got the judge's save: he's the best performer of the night so far.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:16 pm

YFM...

Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:06 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:26 pm

cranberry wrote:
Shocked

Thanks cranberry! Anoop is cute and Matt is HOT! Is there someone who is good at animating and can zoom in on Matt unbuttoning his jacket in slow motion or something?! Just a thought. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Island, NY Show Part Two!   Long Island, NY Show Part Two! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long Island, NY Show Part Two!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt on the American Idol Tour: The Matt Show!-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com