Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)

Go down 
+2
graciecat
Lana
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lana

Lana

Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) Empty
PostSubject: Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)   Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:37 pm

So I'm reading this Nora Roberts novel (Captive Star) and I swear this Main Character (hero) keeps making me smile. Everytime he does or says something, and I keep thinking to myself I swear I feel like I know someone just like this in my real life. Well, guess who I just realized he reminds me of...MATT GIRAUD! lol! Gosh no wonder I was so into this story (I read the whole thing in an afternoon).

Anyway this character (Cade Parris) is a PI. He's very laid back, easy going, knows exactly what he wants but isn't terribly aggressive (though no less effective in getting what he wants). Funny, too charming for his own good, sharp witted with a wry sense of humor (yeah I was too into this fictional character). Here is an excerpt from the book (it's the thoughts of the main female character):

Her pulse stuttered a bit. He was so outrageously gorgeous, standing there in the bright morning sun, rumpled, his dark hair thick and untidy, the dimples denting his cheeks and his mouth arrogantly curved. No woman alive could have stopped her mouth from watering...And she was certain he knew it.

*sigh* even when I try to give myself a break from Matt and all this craziness, something manages to draw me back in... Rolling Eyes
Moral of this post: I am crazy and need a life style change, and you all should definitely pick up this book...
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)   Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Lana wrote:
So I'm reading this Nora Roberts novel (Captive Star) and I swear this Main Character (hero) keeps making me smile. Everytime he does or says something, and I keep thinking to myself I swear I feel like I know someone just like this in my real life. Well, guess who I just realized he reminds me of...MATT GIRAUD! lol! Gosh no wonder I was so into this story (I read the whole thing in an afternoon).

Anyway this character (Cade Parris) is a PI. He's very laid back, easy going, knows exactly what he wants but isn't terribly aggressive (though no less effective in getting what he wants). Funny, too charming for his own good, sharp witted with a wry sense of humor (yeah I was too into this fictional character). Here is an excerpt from the book (it's the thoughts of the main female character):

Her pulse stuttered a bit. He was so outrageously gorgeous, standing there in the bright morning sun, rumpled, his dark hair thick and untidy, the dimples denting his cheeks and his mouth arrogantly curved. No woman alive could have stopped her mouth from watering...And she was certain he knew it.

*sigh* even when I try to give myself a break from Matt and all this craziness, something manages to draw me back in... Rolling Eyes
Moral of this post: I am crazy and need a life style change, and you all should definitely pick up this book...
Laughing at this post Lana...as I head out to the bookstore!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
tonia

PostSubject: Re: Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)   Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:44 pm

You're so funny!!! I can't blame you though - all of us here in this forum have caught the Mattfever.... and we all don't want to be cured!
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)   Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 4:59 pm

Lana wrote:

Such a charming post,Lana. Lol,I can imagine you reading the book "the whole thing in an afternoon".
The great grey braincells made a perfect connection there,you are not to be aparted from Matt ever! But but,isn´t that a romantic novel? If so, you should change the genre if you really want a break. Read Scandinavian whodunits,they are really good. For real!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)   Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:12 pm

LOL thanks guys!! I swear as soon as I sent this post I slapped myself in the forehead. Why? well because I was certain everyone would think that I have gone completely bananas! I should have known you ladies would understand I love you

Anyways, I think you're right Cranberry, I may need to stay away from Ms. Roberts for a while, all this romanticism (real word I think) is getting to my head... Wink
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)   Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:20 pm

The "too charming for his own good" sounds good. Sounds like Matt!

Matt Giraud - too charming for his own good. sunny It´s perfect for the siggy!

Last edited by cranberry on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)   Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:20 pm

Cranberry when you posted about books and taking a matt brake I just felt the need to brag about a european author - a spanish one - Carlos Ruiz Zafon. He has written 2 of the best books I have ever read in my entire life. The first one is called The shadow of the Wind and the second Angel's Game. When I finished the first one I never thought I would want to read another book!!
The language is pure poetry absolutely beautifully written and the plot so entriguing - and off course I cried like a crazy woman and could not be dragged away from the books.
Off topic I know- but really you should look them up!!

Last edited by cecilie on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)   Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:23 pm

cecilie wrote:
Cranberry when you posted about books and taking a matt brake I just felt the need to brag about a european author - a spanish one - Carlos Ruiz Zafon. He has written 2 of the best books I have ever read in my entire life. The first one is called The shadow of the Wind and the second Angel's Game. When I finished the first one I never thought I would never want to read another book!!
The language is pure poetry absolutely beautifully written and the plot so entriguing - and off course I cried like a crazy woman and could not be dragged away from the books.

bounce bounce This bookworm thanks Cecilie!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)   Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:28 pm

cranberry wrote:
cecilie wrote:
Cranberry when you posted about books and taking a matt brake I just felt the need to brag about a european author - a spanish one - Carlos Ruiz Zafon. He has written 2 of the best books I have ever read in my entire life. The first one is called The shadow of the Wind and the second Angel's Game. When I finished the first one I never thought I would want to read another book!!

bounce bounce This bookworm thanks Cecilie!

You are so welcome - you must dive in!!
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)   Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:04 am

Lana wrote:

Sorry, but I don't read Nora Roberts novels. However, I would read the novel if the main character were actually based on Matt! LOL Razz

I think that they have made quite a few TV movies based on some of Nora Roberts' novels. And you know how Matt said he wanted to try acting in the future? Hey, what if they turned 'Captive Star' into a movie and cast Matt as the Cade Parris character? OMG, that would be the best!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)   Spare me this for a minute? (useless post) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spare me this for a minute? (useless post)
Page 1 of 1