Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!

Go down 
+6
asianmegan
Jenna
Lisa_M
macigirl
cecilie
dollface
10 posters
AuthorMessage
dollface

Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! Empty
PostSubject: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:05 pm

Ok, so this is my very first post, although I've been lurking here for months devouring every last bit of information on my beloved Matt Giraud. I don't know how you girls find the time to keep us updated on everything Matt, but I do appreciate it!! Anyways, like eveyone here, I have had it bad for Matt since the beginning of season 8 (how others can't see this still baffles me). The looks, the talent, the humor, the voice, THOSE PANTS......what's not to love I ask???

So anyways, you can imagine my excitement when I got tickets to the tour recently. As I am not a rabid AI person(only for my MattyG), I searched this site to find videos of the Idols meeting fans before the shows so I would know how to proceed. Sure enough, I came across video after video of Matt being his wonderful, charming self with his fans. "Yes" I thought, "this is going to be great"! Bear in mind, waiting outside an arena for hours just to get a glimpse of a celebrity is something I never thought I would do. But, what can I say, Matt Giraud does crazy things to a girl!!

So, it's the day of the show and I arrive at the arena a few hours before the buses. We wait and wait in the heat and finally the arena doors open and alas........the most perfect man in the world appears. "Can this be happening, is Matt Giraud really just steps away from me?". So, Matt begins at my end and is uncharacteristically quiet. He deligently signs a couple of autographs before he gets to me. So, there he is right in front of my face, and I blurt out "Matt, can I get a picture with you??" He keeps his head down and says "I don't know if I'll have time, but if I do I'll try to come back". DENIED. Oh my god, I seriously felt my heart drop. All I could think was "did I do something wrong?", "does Matt hate me?", "doesn't he know how much I love him?". Then, it get's worse, about 15 people down from me he starts taking pictures with everyone who asks. MY HEART DROPS AGAIN. Sad After making it to the other end of the line, Matt started to come back my way again and I could have asked for a picture, but I couldn't bear rejection a second time, so I didn't even ask. Honestly, I didn't even look at him when he passed by me the second time because I thought maybe I did something to annoy him. I couldn't even enjoy the concert because all I could think about was what had happened earlier in the day.

Needless to say meeting Matt was a bittersweet experience. Although it was great to finally see him in person, I must admit I'm a little heartbroken still. Okay---ALOT heartbroken. I've actually lost sleep replaying what happened in my mind (Yes, I'm really that pathetic). Maybe I am just overreacting as I am ultrasensitve to everything Matt says and does. I know that he didn't have alot of time. He probably only spent 15-20 minutes outside, but the crowd waiting wasn't that big. Also, I wasn't dressed in any way that would signal I was a fan of his(no black/white, no fedora). But, my unbridled enthusiasm in asking for a picture should have tipped him off!

So now we come full circle as to why I finally decided to start posting after all this time. I know that you girls are the only ones who would understand how devastating this was to me. As you are all the utmost authority on everything Matt, has anyone seen him say no to giving a picture before? I know I have when they come out after the shows, but I haven't seen him do it before the shows. Please no pity responses though Smile

Last edited by dollface on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Hey dollface!
Nice to have you posting!

Well - first of all I completely understand that you feel heartbroken. But I am a 100% sure that you did absolutely NOTHING wrong. Off course you must have been going over this a 100 times to understand, to replay, to get why you didn't get your picture taken with him.
Heck I would be devasted if I got a no after having seen all those YT vids of him signing, taking pictures etc. I have not been to a show yet so I don't know if a lot of people get passed by. We only see the fortunate ones on YT!!
I am pretty sure that he tries to do everything he can to reach as many fans as possible but i think it is inevitable that some might get passed by due to a tight schedule, big fancrowd etc.. However - and I now this doesn't console you right now, dollface - I think that we Matt fans are the lucky ones since he is by far the one idol who is really working the crowd and trying to get to everyone.

I totally get your huge disappointement - I just hope well no I am pretty sure that eventually you will put this behind you and be able to enjoy Matt's music when he gets signed (very soon!!) and puts out the best album ever.

I don't know if this was at all a useful response (some of the more experienced concert goers might have some other input - I am just a crazy fan from Denmark lol) - but I gave it my best try, sweetheart!!
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:40 pm

What show did you attend?

All I can say is that it is too bad you didn't ask him again when he walked by the second time. Oh well. At least you talked to him!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:13 pm

dollface wrote:
Ok, so this is my very first post, although I've been lurking here for months devouring every last bit of information on my beloved Matt Giraud. I don't know how you girls find the time to keep us updated on everything Matt, but I do appreciate it!! Anyways, like eveyone here, I have had it bad for Matt since the beginning of season 8 (how others can't see this still baffles me). The looks, the talent, the humor, the voice, THOSE PANTS......what's not to love I ask???

So anyways, you can imagine my excitement when I got tickets to the tour recently. As I am not a rabid AI person(only for my Matty), I searched this site to find videos of the Idols meeting fans before the shows so I would know how to proceed. Sure enough, I came across video after video of Matt being his wonderful, charming self with his fans. "Yes" I thought, "this is going to be great"! Bear in mind, waiting outside an arena for hours just to get a glimpse of a celebrity is something I never thought I would do. But, what can I say, Matt Giraud does crazy things to a girl!!

So, it's the day of the show and I arrive at the arena a few hours before the buses. We wait and wait in the heat and finally the arena doors open and alas........the most perfect man in the world appears. "Can this be happening, is Matt Giraud really just steps away from me?". It was seriously like a dream. So, Matt begins at my end and is uncharacteristically quiet. He deligently signs a couple of autographs before he gets to me. So, there he is right in front of my face, and I blurt out "Matt, can I get a picture with you??" He keeps his head down and says "I don't know if I'll have time, but if I do I'll try to come back". DENIED. Oh my god, I seriously felt my heart drop. All I could think was "did I do something wrong?", "does Matt hate me?", "doesn't he know how much I love him?". Then, it get's worse, about 15 people down from me he starts taking pictures with everyone who asks. MY HEART DROPS AGAIN. Sad After making it to the other end of the line, Matt started to come back my way again and I could have asked for a picture, but I couldn't bear rejection a second time, so I didn't even ask. Honestly, I didn't even look at him when he passed by me the second time because I thought maybe I did something to annoy him. I couldn't even enjoy the concert because all I could think about was what had happened earlier in the day.

Needless to say meeting Matt was a bittersweet experience. Although it was great to finally see him in person, I must admit I'm a little heartbroken still. Okay---ALOT heartbroken. I've actually lost sleep replaying what happened in my mind (Yes, I'm really that pathetic). Maybe I am just overreacting as I am ultrasensitve to everything Matt says and does. I know that he didn't have alot of time. He probably only spent 15-20 minutes outside, but the crowd waiting wasn't that big. Also, I wasn't dressed in any way that would signal I was a fan of his(no black/white, no fedora). But, my unbridled enthusiasm in asking for a picture should have tipped him off!

So now we come full circle as to why I finally decided to start posting after all this time. I know that you girls are the only ones who would understand how devastating this was to me. As you are all the utmost authority on everything Matt, has anyone seen him say no to giving a picture before? I know I have when they come out after the shows, but I haven't seen him do it before the shows. Please no pity responses though Smile

Hi Dollface..

I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry that you didn't get your pic taken with Matt and trust me I can understand why you are disappointed and upset because I would be also as I love Matt so much BUT please don't try to dwell on it to much and take it "too personal". I think that you would probably agree that Matt is a very nice and extremely sensitive person and I honestly in truly don't think he purposely "dismissed you". All his fans have to remember that he is always really trying the best that he can and I'm not trying to lessen your hurt any but he really, really HAS a big JOB to do when he's out there trying to make "everyone" happy and please everyone but unfortunately he is only capable of so much and some people are just going to feel like they get the "short end of the stick" at times.

I just hope that you continue to post here and wallow in all our "Mattness" with us... Smile and hopefully in the near future you will get another chance to meet him when he is DOING HIS OWN TOURS!! cheers and hopefully it will go better for you the 2nd time around!

OH and also I don't know if he "always" takes pics with people before the show because I think it all depends on how much time he has...I'm sure if he is short on time he will want to at least meet people and sign autographs first and foremost and I'm sure pictures aren't his main priority..they are just kind of an added bonus!! I sure hope I get that Added bonus though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Oh no dollface! I am so sorry you were hurt. I feel positive that Matt didn't intentionally try to hurt you. I don't think any of us can possibly say why he didn't take a picture with you but did with others but I'm thinking if you went to one of the past couple shows Matt seems to have been feeling a little down. At least that is what I have gathered from reading a couple of his tweets. I hope you are able to forgive him and continue to enjoy him. He really does love his fans and I'm positive he didn't mean to be rude to you. Are you able to get to another show?

Also, Matt has been known to say he doesn't have much time to take pictures but if he has enough time when he finishes meeting all of the fans he would come back for pictures and he usually ends up doing so. I wish you would have been confident enough to ask him again because I'm sure he would have done so. But I definitely wouldn't have been able to ask either. Again I am so sorry you were hurt. I hope you continue to post here!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
dollface

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:27 pm

Ladies, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me. I do feel a little better after reading your posts, but gotta admit I'm still hurtin'. It's probably my own fault though. I had built up meeting Matt so much in my mind that I was bound to be a little disappointed. After reading your post Lisa, I went back and reread what I wrote. I hope that I didn't give the impression that Matt was being rude to me. Because he wasn't. I guess I was just a little thrown by how quiet he was. It reminded me more of the Matt I saw on Idol. He seemed a little nervous or something. I guess I had just gotten used to the outgoing side of Matt we see on his bubbletweets and latest interviews. I honestly don't believe Matt has a mean bone in his body. Maybe he was just having an off day. Also, I was one of the first couple of people he went to, and maybe it takes him awhile to warm up (or that's what I'll keep telling myself!) ha. And Cecile, don't worry about me not being able to listen to Matt's music again. As heartbroken as I felt, it certainly doesn't change my opinion of Matt. I am still a huge fan, and think he is one of the most talented people I have ever seen perform. No, nothing could change my love for Matt Giraud.

This is still fresh in my mind, so maybe after some time it won't seem like the huge deal I am making it. I just wish it would have been a better experience, and that I wouldn't have allowed it to ruin the entire concert for me. Maybe I'll get the chance to meet Matt again, as we all know he has a huge career in front of him!!
Back to top Go down
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:13 pm

I'm sooo sorry about your experience with Matt! Just like the rest of the ladies said, I'm sure it wasn't anything personal against you. Who knows what was going on behind the scenes.....interviews, phone calls, more press, etc. I've read other stories on other forums regarding this issue. It definitely is heartbreaking, especially after what you said, you've built all this up for your one chance to meet Matt. But please don't take it personal.....I'm sure he appreciates all your support and I hope you keep on supporting him in every way possible!!!! If he comes around again near you, be a stalker!! Wink That's my plan again in about a month! Just keep your head up high girl!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Aww, Dollface (what a sweet s/n by the way Smile )! I think you are normal to be disappointed in not getting a picture with Matt. But still at least you did get to meet him in person! That is something! Also...I will say that when I met Matt in Tampa, he did rush through the first few people a bit faster than he did the last (and I was on the end). I think that he wants to make sure he gets to everybody, because sometimes they come and rush him out before he can reach all the way around! So, do know that could be a definite reason he said he'd come back if he had time! I am sorry you didn't get a pic right away, though. Were you wearing a fedora? Or did you have on black and white? I ask this...because Matt is usually very aware of who is there to see HIM. He always makes a point at going above and beyond for the fans that he knows are there for him. Maybe he had no way of knowing you were such a devoted fan...I am sure if he knew you were, he would have made it a point to get that picture with you! Sad

I am sorry, I hope you do get to meet him again (on his OWN tour! woo!) and get that dream encounter the 2nd time around. I'll be hoping and wishing for you. Smile

And definitely keep posting here! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:40 am

Dollface thanks for sharing your story. I can totally understand how disappointed you are. I too had seen tons of videos of matt meeting and greeting fans, talking with them, singing to them and taking pictures with them. I had built this all up in my head too. He does look so playful in all of them and on his bubbletweets and in interviews. But you know what that was early on and I really think this tour is starting to take a toll on them. He seems really tired and I think he is getting disappointed tha no one is interested in signing him, which for the life of me I cannot seem to understand!!!!!!!!

Okay so when I saw him in Atlanta I couldn't wait to see him come out after the concert. When I saw him step off that elvator my knees literally were shaking. He looked so good and he seemed larger than life (cuz I've built him up that way). Anyways, the Atlanta crowd was crazy and none of the Idols were able to take pictures. I was sooooo disappointed, but still happy I got to see him so close, see him smile and get his autograph.

So the next morning I got the courage to ask my husband if me and my daughter could drive 4 hours to Charlotte to see the concert - flickr from here had a ticket she couldn't use - and so we did. Still didn't make it in time before concert, but saw him after concert. First time around he told us the same thing he told you "I can't right now, but I'll try on my way back".

And we too saw him take pics further down the line, but when he came back by we most definitely asked him to take a picture and he did. We were lucky in that only he and Danny were left outside and since Adam and Kris had already gone back inside, the majority of the crowd was gone. So not only did he take a picture with me and my daughter together - I actually asked him to come back and take an individual one with both of us after he'd already moved down the line again some. Now i know I probably made a total fool out of myself but it was worth it.

I tell you my story so that if you can and you have the resources and it's this important to you, try to go o another concert and this time don't hesitate to ask him a second time if at first you don't succeed. Girl you have to ask!
Back to top Go down
dollface

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:08 pm

I can't thank you all enough for your genuine concern for my feelings. It only reinforces what I have always thought about Matt.......that he is someone special. Only someone as special as Matt would have such caring fans who would care enough to respond to someone they've never met before. This has always been my theory as to why not everyone "gets" Matt. I believe that Matt is a complex person. He is outgoing, but often shy. He is strong, yet sensitive. He is focused, yet doesn't take himself too seriously. Matt isn't the type of performer that is in your face (ummm, Adam Lambert!!). While, yes, some people are impressed by that sort of thing, not me. Matt moves me with his intimate performances. He takes criticism of his music to heart and I love that about him. While on Idol some liked to call this "Scorned Matt", not me. I just think some people just can't look below the surface to see all that Matt has to offer. This is why I believe that some people still don't get the awesomeness that is Matt Giraud.

So, as I think so highly of Matt, you can see why I was so hurt by the interaction we had. It has always seemed to me that Matt gets along with everyone, which is probably why I was so surprised that Matt would "dismiss" me. But like I said, I do think Matt is a complex, sensitive person, and I can't begin to know what was going on in his head. We all have this "connection" we feel to Matt because he is such an amazingly moving singer. I guess it didn't dawn on me until I met him how one-sided this all is. Matt couldn't possibly have known how much I adore him. To the Idols we are just another face in the crowd, unless you are lucky enough to get to meet them one-on-one. Matt isn't perfect (while pretty close!!), so I will choose to believe that what happened was a misunderstanding that could happen to anyone.

Last edited by dollface on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:42 pm

I, too had a similar experience, Dollface. I was so miserable I couldn't even post about it. I didn't want to dampen anyone else's enthusiasm as they planned to meet him in upcoming shows. I was at the second Newark show and after waiting 90 minutes in the heat with a sick daughter, I didn't even get a picture with Matt. The buses arrived late and it didn't look like anyone would come out but Matt did and he moved very quickly down the line. Of course, like you and everyone else here, I had a script in my head of how our meeting would go. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. My rational mind knows that Matt was probably told there was no time for a meet & greet with the fans. He probably assured them that he would be very quick, which he was. In my case, I was wearing a fedora and gave him not one, but two gifts. I don't blame him, but it was a little reality check for me about this crazy obsession. I'm sure his intentions are all good with his fans but the reality is that he can't possibly satisfy everyone's expectations. Lastly, hang here with us, you're among friends!
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:07 pm

Heyo dollface- You will get more chances when matt goes solo and has his own tour! I know how you feel. I couldn't get a pic either with Matt, only an autograph. It was just a crazy time at my concert and I didn't get to say what I had planned to say to matty either. Crying or Very sad Just a shout out to him as he went by so fast! Some days just don't work out . Do not take it personally. I truly believe he loves and appreciates ALL his fans! Keep coming here for your Matty fix! I am gonna keep the faith I will get another chance, but will also remember that what I want the most is to enjoy more music from Matt , anything else would be a wonderful bonus!
Back to top Go down
dollface

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:19 am

Oh, puppyeyes, I'm so sorry that you had similar experience in meeting Matt. Thanks so much for sharing what happened with you, I know exactly how crushing it can feel. Did you get to talk with Matt at all? Like you, I never blamed Matt for what happened. It never made me question Matt's intentions. If anything it made me question myself. "Was I just really annoying" "am I unattractive", you name it, I thought it. While I know Matt is not the kind of person who would ever want to make someone feel that way, I did. As heartbroken as I felt after what happened, you'd think he was my boyfriend I'd been dating for years who just broke up with me (I really need to get a life). It's not that I really cared that much about getting a picture with Matt. Yes, sure I would have liked one, but I guess I was looking for some small connection with this guy I have invested so much time and energy into. Like you puppyeyes, Matt was very short on time the day I met him and was one of only 3 Idols who even came out. It's not that he spent alot of time chatting with anyone else, but it did hurt that he couldn't get a pic with me but I saw him give them to those I knew weren't there to see HIM. I mean if this had happened with Kris or Anoop I wouldn't have cared less, but this is Matty G we're talking about!

I don't know why Matt gives pics at some points in the line and then won't at others. I don't know, I just don't. I'm sure there's not alot of strategy behind it. I have to hand it to Matt, though, he's down there working the trenches while the likes of Adam Lambert, Megan Joy, and the others are probably inside fanning themselves and being served chilled drinks. I think that Matt does the best that he can. A few months ago he was just a piano player in Kalamazoo, and now he's thrust into the spotlight. It must be overwhelming for him to have to go out day after day greeting hundreds of crazy fans at once. Thanks again for posting puppyeyes.......I truly feel your pain Smile !!

Last edited by dollface on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:42 pm

No worries...... as I said, it was very obvious that Matt didn't have time to spend with us. He came out at about 3:50, which is pretty late. If he's out at 2:30 or 3:00, there's probably time for chatting, pictures, etc. He had no time to really even speak, he only said thank you as he collected the gifts. It was my expectations that I think were unrealistic. Anyway, there will be other opportunities. I still love his music and am sooooo looking forward to his first cd release. Don't take it personally.... we all know how grateful he is for our support. He would never intentionally insult or ignore any of his fans. We both saw him on bad days that were very hurried.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!   Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please HELP, I don't know where else to turn!!
Page 1 of 1