Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit

Go down 
+5
lovethemtigers
mattyg93
OvenMitt
Lana
cranberry
9 posters
AuthorMessage
cranberry

cranberry

Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit Empty
PostSubject: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:58 am

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-idol-tour-matt-giraud-detroit,0,6931100.story

Nice interview and that pendant looks very beautiful. What is Gilmore festival? (ok,I googled it.)

Last edited by cranberry on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:14 pm

I love this interview! Thanks for posting it.

I remember that interviewer from his homecoming celebration. I'm glad she did the interview because it felt a little bit more personal and he was SO excited cheers (and looking esp. sexy today...)

And YAY!! For talking to entertainment lawyers!!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Looking good, Matt, as per ush.

Hmm.....entertainment lawyers, eh? What does THAT mean? Great, another thing for me to analyze. Thanks, Matt! At least he NEEDS an entertainment lawyer, huh? Off to research this.....
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:12 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Looking good, Matt, as per ush.

Hmm.....entertainment lawyers, eh? What does THAT mean? Great, another thing for me to analyze. Thanks, Matt! At least he NEEDS an entertainment lawyer, huh? Off to research this.....

LOL Ovenmitt. I was thinking the same thing, the interview was so great and I was so into it, and as soon as he mentioned entertainment lawyers my mind went everywhere all at once!! This is news I needed.

I hope this does indeed mean something big is trying to work itslef out.

ETA: great description on exactly what they do here:

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/entertainment-lawyer1.htm
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Lana wrote:

I remember that interviewer from his homecoming celebration. I'm glad she did the interview because it felt a little bit more personal and he was SO excited cheers (and looking esp. sexy today...)

Really liked this interview. He really was so excited! Awww what a great night it was for him.
The pendant looks beautiful Jenna! I am so excited for you that he liked it so much!

BTW! What exactly do entertainment lawyers do? I mean he is already out of the 19 contract so why does he need them? Does he have to talk to them in order to get a record deal? I am confused scratch
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks for posting! Great interview. Excited to know that Matt is writing music and that he said the most important thing to do when the tour is over is put out some good music. I also focused in on the fact that he mentioned the entertainment lawyers? Hum
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Lol,I missed the lawyer stuff,blame my English. And was staring something else.
But that sounds intriguing and good, things should be handled in a pro way. I think he knows exactly what he is doing.
I wish after reading Lana´s link we could have entertainment lawyers here too.
But I guess our entertainment is too small for that.
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Thanks for posting this- I've been looking for it since last night.
I posted this in the Auburn Hills thread but I actually ran into this reporter and Matt's family and friends at the restaurant in the Palace She is definitely more than a reporter when it comes to Matt - She's one of his biggest fans. She was taking pictures with his father and ex/girlfriend and toasting with them. She tweeted that she actually sat with them at the show. Its fun to finally see someone who appreciates and supports Matt interview him.

I don't know if there is anything deep about the "entertainment lawyer" comment. I assumed he had legal representation if he had any type of talks with any record labels. What I don't know is how explicit the original AI contract is. Specifically, I assume it states that if 19E is interested in signing one of the idols that they have "first dibs" but what I don't know is if the recording contract is also spelled out or if the idols have negotiating power there. If they do, that's when Matt would need an entertainment lawyer - and hopefully one of his own, not one supplied by 19E. I was a little disturbed by the article in the Detroit News from before the show stating that Matt may go the indie route because the negotiations with the other labels weren't yielding results but then I remembered something. One day we read an article that stated that Matt had no label interest and essentially the next day, Matt himself says he's in negotiations with 19E and others - so you never know. The "indie" thing may have been what Matt said or it may have been inferred by the writer.

Lastly, I looked up the Gilmore festival. It looks like a Kalamazoo festival that mostly features classical musicians and focuses on classical instruments but it does have a "keyboard" section and a rising stars section. I haven't delved any further but I plan to. It looks like its mostly in the fall.

I'll just say once again that I'm happy that i live in Michigan for one of the first times in my life, since it sounds like most of his early concerts will be in this area.
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Props to the interviewer to hold back her Matt enthusiasm in public,it looked like a normal, respectful interview. That lady has skills. Smile
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:08 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
Lana wrote:

Really liked this interview. He really was so excited! Awww what a great night it was for him.
The pendant looks beautiful Jenna! I am so excited for you that he liked it so much!

BTW! What exactly do entertainment lawyers do? I mean he is already out of the 19 contract so why does he need them? Does he have to talk to them in order to get a record deal? I am confused scratch

I get the feeling he's not quite out of his Idol contract yet. I mean, he just said last week that he was talking to them and other labels, so I think they might still have a hold on him for the time being. Maybe they don't want to give up that "first dibs" thing, and it's making it tough for Matt. IDK really, just conjecture.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:00 pm

I can't remember exactly where (what artist) I heard the term "entertainment lawyer" from, but from what I remember these people are very influential in passing on music and record deals among and between record companies, artists and songwriters. They can act like a go between. Gavin Degraw has said that one advice he would give to any aspiring siner or musician is to study the law that governs music and ownership, etc, coz it's a huge part of the profession. It's definitely a BIG positive sign for Matt to be in contact with such people!
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:37 pm

Really love this interview and I will add Matt looks especially fine in it! Wink The necklace fits him perfectly! I also was intriqued by the "entertainment lawyer" mention. Hmmmmm... well, guess we'll just have to wait and see! Oh Yeah, and did I mention how great Matt looks in this interview? Smile
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:21 pm

mattyfan wrote:
I can't remember exactly where (what artist) I heard the term "entertainment lawyer" from, but from what I remember these people are very influential in passing on music and record deals among and between record companies, artists and songwriters. They can act like a go between. Gavin Degraw has said that one advice he would give to any aspiring siner or musician is to study the law that governs music and ownership, etc, coz it's a huge part of the profession. It's definitely a BIG positive sign for Matt to be in contact with such people!

Hey mattyfan I was thinking the same too. Matt having contact with these people must mean there is interest from labels but there's something going on now that has't let him choose or solve the record deal thing.

Now there' talk over at Mj;s that Michael will be the next signed after Gokey. I mean come on... Michael before Matt? Are you kidding me? Only because he will go country too? Whatever..
I just hope there's something in the horizon for Matt too! He deserves it so much!
In my mind I still want to think Matt will get signed by a major label
eventually.

Mattyfan,I noticed you are big Gavin de Graw fan, me too! His music gives me chills! Do you like his latest album "Free"? It's awesome. The songs "Stay" and "Dancing Shoes" are my favorites. I pray one day Matt has a career like him. He will..

I also dream about one day watching Matt G open for Gavin. That would be a dream for me.

Anyways.. Matt has got to get signed! He is way too good to go indie. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
mattyfan wrote:

Hey mattyfan I was thinking the same too. Matt having contact with these people must mean there is interest from labels but there's something going on now that has't let him choose or solve the record deal thing.

Now there' talk over at Mj;s that Michael will be the next signed after Gokey. I mean come on... Michael before Matt? Are you kidding me? Only because he will go country too? Whatever..
I just hope there's something in the horizon for Matt too! He deserves it so much!
In my mind I still want to think Matt will get signed by a major label
eventually.

Mattyfan,I noticed you are big Gavin de Graw fan, me too! His music gives me chills! Do you like his latest album "Free"? It's awesome. The songs "Stay" and "Dancing Shoes" are my favorites. I pray one day Matt has a career like him. He will..

I also dream about one day watching Matt G open for Gavin. That would be a dream for me.

Anyways.. Matt has got to get signed! He is way too good to go indie. Just saying.

Mattyg, I'm hopeful too that Matt will get signed ALREADY by a major label. It's really more for OUR sake, the fans! hahah! I hope whatever the issue is gets resolved and the deal gets done ALREADY! Well, we know Matt will press on, regardless. I'm also very confident he will get a good, solid, long-term career out of this. The only question in my mind is timing.

It's Matt's fault that I'm now a Gavin fan!! Yes, Stay and Dancing Shoes are the stand-outs for me, too! I'm also liking Lover be Strong, though the "country-like" twang is sometimes too much for me...heheh! I think Matt's and Gavin's style/sound are very different, but he's the closest I can compare to Matt in terms of the kind of career that would best fit Matt! Although they both play the keys and some may think that would clash, I really think they would complement each other perfectly on tour. I hope Matt opens for him next year! Gavin's seems secure and confident -- he won't feel threatened by Matt's talent (whereas One R and The Fray seem like they may eye him with some trepidation, heheh). These are pure conjectures on my part though, LOL!
Back to top Go down
jamerce

jamerce

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Thanks for posting! cheers
Great interview! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michigan_countrygirl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit   Fox 17  In-Depth interview from Detroit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fox 17 In-Depth interview from Detroit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt There is Nothing Small About You!-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com