HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

Grand Rapids, MI Show!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 am

There definitely were tears in Matt's eyes during Georgia. The crowd was fantastic in their response to him! I love it!! He deserved that so much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lo_wee

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:29 am

How many of you guys were at this show?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:52 am

mattyfan wrote:
There definitely were tears in Matt's eyes during Georgia. The crowd was fantastic in their response to him! I love it!! He deserved that so much!

Awwwww. I loved Georgia so much! I am so happy for Matt! such a moment I know he will never forget.
Loved the GR review. Now all is missing is for Matt to get signed and all will be perfect.!

Loved the BG's for throwing bras to him! ha... He deserved all the attention last night!
cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:34 am

BlondeB wrote:
cheers Yay...videos are starting to come in..

Georgia: (Courtesy of suz526 Youtube)

Emotional version of 'Georgia' (my eyes welled up just watching it)...looks like maybe Matt's did too..(see 3:46). Awwww...Matty G. So very proud of you !!

Can't wait to hear the reviews from all you lucky ladies that were at the show supporting Matt tonite.

Wow......so much heart and soul was put in that performance. I definitely got a little worked up watching this also. He deserves so much and time will take it's toll sooner or later! Hopefully sooner Smile Can't wait to hear everyone's reviews and pics/vids!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:07 pm

WOO-HOO! I knew the Matt fans would come through for his hometown show! And these first few videos are EXCELLENT! cheers
I bet Matt saved those bras that were thrown at him... They're sentimental keepsakes from his Michigan show, of course! Wink
I hope Matt got as much applause and cheering that Kris received when they performed in Little Rock! I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:56 pm

I guess all the guys were giddy last night and wanted to show their love for Matt! I think this Bubbletweet confirms a "MANNY" bromance! LOL I love you

The "Matt G Bubbletweet" tune is so CATCHY, I can't get it out of my head! HA-HA Razz

And OMG! What was Adam doing at the end? NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY! Twisted Evil WHOAH! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
I guess all the guys were giddy last night and wanted to show their love for Matt! I think this Bubbletweet confirms a "MANNY" bromance! LOL I love you

The "Matt G Bubbletweet" tune is so CATCHY, I can't get it out of my head! HA-HA Razz

And OMG! What was Adam doing at the end? NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY! Twisted Evil WHOAH! Shocked

Yes, I agree about that infernal song. It's an earworm for sure. I just hope the original material that Matt writes is as catchy as that song, because if so, he'll have some hits on his hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:43 pm

From MJ's

Quote :
The crowd was going crazy for Matt. I am SO glad I was able to go to his hometown show. I love this guy; I think he is SO talented and creative. I would buy his album in a heartbeat. His set was amazing, my favorite from the first half of the show. I could listen to “Georgia” on repeat- so soothing and soulful. The crowd absolutely LOVED him. You could tell how happy he was to be singing for his hometown. Way to go, Matt! SIGN MATT GIRAUD!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:48 pm

More from the Grand Rapids Press

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/09/american_idols_brace_for_anoth.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:21 pm

I can't stop watching Matt's Georgia performance from GR. It was perfect. The absolute best Ii've seen him perform it and that's saying a lot. It's become my new favorite in the place of hard to handle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:29 pm

Since this is my third concert, I'm not going to post an extensive review of the other idols. Suffice it to say, I didn't change my mind about anyone.

As far as Matt was concerned, I really thought this was his best concert. Van Andel Arena was very close to being sold out and there were many, many fedoras in the audience. I was in section 109 (stage right) in the 8th row and had a great view.

As Anoop was finishing, many more people rose to their feet. I thought they held the intro a little bit for the noise to rise in the arena. My friend and I were screaming our heads off so we couldn't really hear anyone but ourselves, but many commented that there were chants of Matt heard on the floor level. I do know it was extremely loud and the screams were definitely sustained for several minutes before his intro came on and just got louder from there. He came out roaring giving props to GR and West Michigan and ripped into HTH. By the time he reached the piano solo, the entire crowd was pumped up and were roaring with him. I really thought he had something extra in the solo last night. After he sat down and the lights dimmed, once again there were incredibly loud screams that were again sustained for several minutes. Again, I didn't hear any particular chant since I was yelling on top of my lungs but several people commented on the fact that they heard sign Matt G being chanted. He sat at the piano and talked about playing across the street at the B.O.B and McFaddens and appeared really emotional. His timing and cadance were definitely affected as he was trying to compose himself. He then did an incredibly rousing rendition of Georgia which was pitch perfect and in the short pause when he wipes his brow, it seemed like there were tears to wipe away as well. He then did the best, most emotional rendition of YFM that I've ever heard. He was completely on pitch and really hit his glory note at the end. The entire audience was lit up with cellphones and singing along and swaying to the music.

During the group number, just like always, he came up from the chute grinning from ear to ear. I always think he looks relieved at that point. He once again outplayed and outsang Scott. I can't say anything new about Beggin except that again, it was the sultriest performance of the evening.

Several other idols were obviously very supportive of Matt. Michael dedicated the show to Matt Giraud. Megan, Allison and Lil did not mention him (I thought it was odd since Megan did give a shoutout to Danny in Milwaukee). Scott made a comment that we may know the other piano player on the show and Anoop said it was great to be playing in Matt Giraud's home town or something to that affect. Danny actually spent a few minutes talking about what a wonderful guy Matt is and how he brings joy to them, so he continues to win me over. Adam said "Matt told me you guys would be great" and Kris spent a minute talking about Matt as well.

Overall, again, Matt's best concert and his best reception. Adam and Kris still received some loud screams but no question in my mind that Matt's reception was the longest ovation of the night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:44 pm

So I went to the concert with a friend who loved AI but didn't really have a favorite. There were an older couple to our left and several women in their 40's with their young daughters to my right. The woman sitting directly next to me said she came at the last minute because her friend had extra tickets but she hadn't watched the show at all during the season. I told her that she would than be a good impartial judge of the concert.

At the end of Matt's set, during YFM, she turns to me, unprompted, and says "How is it that Matt didn't win? He is absolutely amazing!". I said there were other issues on the show but that I definitely agree with her that Matt was the most talented. Allison came on after the break and she turned to me and said "she is nowhere near as good as Matt". Of course I agreed. After Danny, she turned to me and said "He was pretty good but again, Matt is better". As the screams for Adam started I explained to her that many thought Adam should win and thus the adulation. She listened to his set and said "I kind of see the appeal but I prefer Matt's style much more". Kris did his set and she commented that Hey Jude and DSB were some of her favorites and she did like Kris and she thought he was better than Adam. At the end, however, she thought that there was no question Matt was the highlight of the night. I then proceded to tell her he is self-taught and doesn't read music and she was just awestruck.

I also talked to the couple on my left. They were also without favorites ahead of the show. In general, they thought everyone was better than on AI except for Megan. The woman commented on how amazed she was by Matt's piano playing, and how much better it was than Scott's, and so I had to tell her that indeed he is self-taught and doesn't read music and she was also awestruck. I told her the whole "white chocolate" and hotel lobby piano story. She turned to her husband and said to him, you have to hear this, and proceeded to repeat everything to him. She looked at me and said you should work in promotions for Matt - I had to laugh at that.

My friend knew I loved Matt (although she remain unaware of the degree of my craziness and this board participation) so I expected positive comments about Matt from her. She screamed and whistled with me and said there was no question who blew everyone out of the water at intermission. She agreed with me that Allsion just screamed most of her songs (and sang only half of the Pink song), she thought Danny sounded good on the Rascall Flatts songs but the choice of Maria/Maria was an odd one. She thought Adam sounded like he was sucking on helium and was surprised how high his voice was but did like Mad World. She liked Kris most from the second half but in the end agreed with me that Matt was the star of the show. I was her ride home so some of her enthusiasm may be tempered by wanting to get there, but I would venture to say most of it was a true representation of how she felt.

It was an amazing show and I'm thrilled that I got to see him at his most vested and emotional.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:45 pm

Danny actually spent a few minutes talking about what a wonderful guy Matt is and how he brings joy to them

Yep, that's our Matty G! Thanks sgr91 for the great recap! It sounds like it was a great night. I wish I could have been there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:46 pm

sounds like you had a blast sgr!! I'm glad you got to be there and screamed your head off for all of us who couldn't be there lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:08 pm

wow sgr, great recap. I'm so glad the Grand Rapids audience came through for Matt. It must have been great hearing people around you getting turned on to Matt for the first time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:19 pm

I WISH DANNY GOKEY WOULD STOP BEING SO FREAKING AMAZING!

lol No but it sounds like GR really came through for Matt in a major way. Just hearing these recaps, and seeing the videos it was without a doubt all about Matty G sunday night.

Thanks Sgr for the recap cheers

*and the love Matt gets from his tour mates is enough to ~almost~ make me cry*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:31 pm

A little late but at least you can see I was not the only one who thought the crowd loved Matt last night.

7:55
missdeviance: Matt coming people chanting going nuts
7:56
CrayolaLOLA1: MATT!!!
terrideboer: The Arena goes NUTS for Matt Giraud!
missdeviance: Something thrown on stage, everyone still standing
mcaro05: Matt i freaking love u
ricktreur: Holy cow the crowd is going nuts over Matt Giraud. It has got to be rush for him.
7:57
itsjuls: Thunderous love for @immattgiraud!!!!! Hometown love for this boy http://twitpic.com/gs5za
brennaftw: mattttty http://twitpic.com/gs601
istoyk: RT @AndryaCastro @ImMattGiraud, @michaelsarver1, @anoopdoggdesai, @meganjoysings, @idollilrounds #signthelastoftheaitop10 - YES PLZ
7:58
missdeviance: Screaming my head off for all the matt stans
brennaftw: djfjf http://twitpic.com/gs640
MarinaAL: Matt is tearin’ it up tonight! #mattgiraudhatgod #SignMattG
brennaftw: hometown boy http://twitpic.com/gs68h
GRGonzo: Wow....the crowd lovin' Matt Giraud. I mean going crazy!
7:59
starletbaby76: Everyones on their feet! its deafening!
8:01
itsjuls: Deafening screams for Mattie G awwwww http://twitpic.com/gs6nn
missdeviance: Major love for Matt from the crowd. Giving us Georgia now
sinfulilangel: Ok...so I knew Matt Giraud could tickle the ivory, but I didn’t know he could beat it into submission too! THAT WAS FANTASTIC!
8:02
LukeStier: Matt just put on that hat ... Van andel is rockin
8:03
missdeviance: Huge cheers during the song pause and the end
camdenspenser: Matt is visibly touched by the crowd reaction. It's beautiful. *sniffle*
GRGonzo: Matt Giraud just thanked his fans and talks about playing the BOB and McFaddens. Plugs his Jan. show at Forest Hills Fine Arts Center.
8:04
CrayolaLOLA1: Its so amazing seeing someone you know on the big stage!! Yall have no idea
8:05
istoyk: Lost and insecure You found me #mattgiraudhatgod
8:07
missdeviance: Okay so everything I heard is true, Matt is amazing live. This non-stan is impressed
8:09
brennaftw: tell her about it http://twitpic.com/gs81u
8:10
brennaftw: fh http://twitpic.com/gs87b
8:10
GRGonzo: Matt Giraud and Scott MacIntyre playing Tell Her About It.
8:12
istoyk: BEGGIN :DDD
8:15
starletbaby76: Intermission my throat hurts from yelling 4 matt
8:16
mcaro05: Matt was freaking amazing.
8:16
missdeviance: Megan and Anoop sing at each other in Beggin and she kinda reached at him. No manoop jacket removal tonight
8:26
istoyk: #mattgiraudhatgod #anoopdesaiindiansexgod #meganjoycawdess
8:27
mcaro05: Okay 1st half over. Every1 was good! Matt &michael were my faves. Ready for allison!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:11 pm

You Found Me

Don't Stop Believing (short)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Beggin from Suze:

Don't Stop Believing

Full DSB

Matt's interlude
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:02 pm

So I am finally home and what a weekend I had. First of all Matt was on fire last night. Seriously the best I have ever heard him. If I wasn't already a crazy obessesed fan I would have become one last night. It was such an emotional night and so many wonderful things happened. But before I go into more detail regarding the concert I want to thank sgr for helping burn almost 300 CD's way into the early morning, Desouthie thanks for the support and helping me get over my shyness so that I could hand out the CD's and ask people to chant with us. Last but not least thank you Lisa and Southie for helping me pass out the CD's and persuading people to chant with us. This truly was a great experience and it felt great to be doing something constructive and beneficial for Matt! We received such a great response from everyone. Most of the time our job was easy because as soon as people heard I was giving out Matt CD's we were swarmed! It was so touching and the little kids were besides themselves with excitement when we gave them Matt's music. One little girl started jumping in excitement and screaming whoo-hoo...so cute. Another little boy said in excitement that he was hoping to meet Matt so he could ask him to sign the CD cover...I hope he got to do this! It really was an incredible experience doing this. I thought I would be embarrassed and hate doing it but I enjoyed it tremendously!

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Jenna wrote:
So I am finally home and what a weekend I had. First of all Matt was on fire last night. Seriously the best I have ever heard him. If I wasn't already a crazy obessesed fan I would have become one last night. It was such an emotional night and so many wonderful things happened. But before I go into more detail regarding the concert I want to thank sgr for helping burn almost 300 CD's way into the early morning, Dsouthie thanks for the support and helping me get over my shyness so that I could hand out the CD's and ask people to chant with us. Last but not least thank you Lisa and Southie for helping me pass out the CD's and persuading people to chant with us. This truly was a great experience and it felt great to be doing something constructive and beneficial for Matt! We received such a great response from everyone. Most of the time our job was easy because as soon as people heard I was giving out Matt CD's we were swarmed! It was so touching and the little kids were besides themselves with excitement when we gave them Matt's music. One little girl started jumping in excitement and screaming whoo-hoo...so cute. Another little boy said in excitement that he was hoping to meet Matt so he could ask him to sign the CD cover...I hope he got to do this! It really was an incredible experience doing this. I thought I would be embarrassed and hate doing it but I enjoyed it tremendously!

Oh Jenna, that sounds great! I'm so happy that everything worked out for you! I can't wait to hear EVERY.LITTLE.DETAIL! Smile Feel free to write a book--I did, and yours is bound to be WAY more interesting! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:13 pm

iluvmatt wrote:
Jenna wrote:
So I am finally home and what a weekend I had. First of all Matt was on fire last night. Seriously the best I have ever heard him. If I wasn't already a crazy obessesed fan I would have become one last night. It was such an emotional night and so many wonderful things happened. But before I go into more detail regarding the concert I want to thank sgr for helping burn almost 300 CD's way into the early morning, Desouthie thanks for the support and helping me get over my shyness so that I could hand out the CD's and ask people to chant with us. Last but not least thank you Lisa and Southie for helping me pass out the CD's and persuading people to chant with us. This truly was a great experience and it felt great to be doing something constructive and beneficial for Matt! We received such a great response from everyone. Most of the time our job was easy because as soon as people heard I was giving out Matt CD's we were swarmed! It was so touching and the little kids were besides themselves with excitement when we gave them Matt's music. One little girl started jumping in excitement and screaming whoo-hoo...so cute. Another little boy said in excitement that he was hoping to meet Matt so he could ask him to sign the CD cover...I hope he got to do this! It really was an incredible experience doing this. I thought I would be embarrassed and hate doing it but I enjoyed it tremendously!

Oh Jenna, that sounds great! I'm so happy that everything worked out for you! I can't wait to hear EVERY.LITTLE.DETAIL! Smile Feel free to write a book--I did, and yours is bound to be WAY more interesting! lol!

I agreee Jenna Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Jenna wrote:

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear that people were begging you for the Matt CDs, especially some of the kids! It's great to read about all the hometown support Matt received in GR! He definitely deserved all the attention! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:24 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
Jenna wrote:

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear that people were begging you for the Matt CDs, especially some of the kids! It's great to read about all the hometown support Matt received in GR! He definitely deserved all the attention! cheers

You ladies did a fantastic job! Glad to hear all the excitement about the CD's! Proud of ALL OF YOU!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:44 pm

Jenna wrote:

Awwww. Jenna I am so happy for you!
Thanks to you sgr and all for burning those CD's. I am sure Matt is very thankul for everythign you do for him. If only I diddn't live so far away!
Anyways.. I can tell Matt was on fire last night! He deserved his sepcial night so much!
Can't wait to hear all the juicy details from you! I was also very happy to hear the chant happened! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   

Back to top Go down

Grand Rapids, MI Show!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next