Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

MJ's blog

Go down 
+7
Jenna
lumma
flicker
sgr91
Lana
graciecat
Cacity87
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Cacity87

Cacity87

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:53 am

Can someone please explain to me why every. single. show "recap" MJ posts on her blog is written by an ADAM LAMBERT fanatic? scratch

I cannot believe how BIASED her site is! I haven't been in awhile, but checked back tonight hoping for at least a "Matt fan" recap of the Grand Rapids show - but NOPE! It was from the perspective of ANOTHER Adam fan! Ughh...this makes me so livid. Oh sure, the recappers give "props" to Matt and say "Aw, yeah..he's talented" but nothing like the praises they give Adam. Wow...I would've volunteered to do a recap if I knew she was in need of some logical thinkers. Golly...where does she find these people? Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
graciecat

graciecat

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:14 am

Cacity87 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why every. single. show "recap" MJ posts on her blog is written by an ADAM LAMBERT fanatic? scratch

I cannot believe how BIASED her site is! I haven't been in awhile, but checked back tonight hoping for at least a "Matt fan" recap of the Grand Rapids show - but NOPE! It was from the perspective of ANOTHER Adam fan! Ughh...this makes me so livid. Oh sure, the recappers give "props" to Matt and say "Aw, yeah..he's talented" but nothing like the praises they give Adam. Wow...I would've volunteered to do a recap if I knew she was in need of some logical thinkers. Golly...where does she find these people? Suspect

Ha Cacity- I think she needs to rename her site The Adam Lambert Lovefest- no others need apply! I agree, you would THINK that she could at least get a Matt fan for a recap of Grand Rapids! I think there actually was a recap from a Mattfan a week or two ago Shocked but of course very few comments were posted in response. I can't remember the recappers name or from what show because of the head trauma I suffered from when I fainted! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:23 am

At this point I rarely, if ever, visit that site anymore. Now that the tour is wrapping up, MJ has no problem in pretty much ignoring any contestant whose name is not adam lambert, and those ridiculous posters (whom for whatever reason likes to think that their views are law) are so disgustingly biased it's not even funny.

It has pretty much become AdamLambertoffcial 2.0 and it's a shame because I can admit that MJ does keep the site updated, but no fan of any other contestant will feel comfortable over there as it is made clear what the reigning opinions are. And I'm sorry but I am not going to waste my time making a comment about Matt that will be the only one of it's kind and largely ignored. Nor will I waste time or energy defending him as I've learned that those posters and their opinions mean nothing as far as what these idol's careers will be. It's not the end of the world if they don't like someone (see Danny Gokey).

So all in all (please excuse my language for just a moment) fuck MJ and her posters. They can kiss my ass until their lips turn blue. I don't need her site anyway at this point, Jenna and the posters here on this forum are all I need as I get nothing but Matt Giraud news and updates here. I could care less about MJs anymore.

*and BTW I am sure that she has received more than enough recaps from Matt fans, or Danny or Kris or Anoop for that Matter. But she chooses which ones she posts and it just happens that every single one has been from a glambert. No one can sit here and tell me that out of the entire 3 months that they have been on tour only a hand full of recaps from non adam fans were eligible to post. Whatever*
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:34 am

I haveto agree with Lana. I am sure that she must receive reviews from other fans but glmberts, she just choses not to post them.
I do remember the Matt fan review and you're right that it just didn't generate any discussion. However, G-d forbid you make a less than glowing remark about Adam, the crazies come out in force.
What is scarier is that this phenomena is not limited to MJs site. Even in newspaper articles, if there Is a lukewarm or negative review, they absolutely harrass the writer.
I was annoyed that even at the Lalace show, Adam got first billing. At least the GR media treated him right.
Back to top Go down
flicker

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:00 am

Oh, wow, I've been stewing about mj's for a while. Her site used to be my favorite Idol site, and it's hard to leave it behind.

Yesterday, there was actually a little kerfuffle on the headlines thread, about the site being an Adam site, and how the Adam fans had driven every other fan group away. Of course, the Adam fans got their back up, and told us that if we wanted to talk about other people, it was our job to do it. I pointed out to them that they invade all the threads about other contestants and make it all about Adam, and usually in a way that demeans the subject of the thread. They don't see what they are doing, and they got pretty huffy about it. Of course, MJ deleted ALL those posts. Conversation over.

But, not too long ago, MJ went on the VFTW radio show, and pretty much vented about the Adam fans herself. She said they accuse her of posting negative stuff about Adam, and that she gets attacked by IDF posters in particular, when she posts anything controversial about him. If they annoy her, why in the world doesn't she do something about it instead of enabling them??? They think they own the site.

If you want to hear the radio interview with MJ, it is here: http://www.votefortheworst.com/radio.

And, about the tour recaps -- I know that a poster from VFTW sent her a review that totally slammed Adam, and she has never printed it. A shame , because even the worster liked Matt...... And it was delicious to read an anti-Adam review!

Here's a link to his review if anyone is interested:

http://www.votefortheworst.com/forum/topic6016-600.html
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:25 am

flicker wrote:
Oh, wow, I've been stewing about mj's for a while. Her site used to be my favorite Idol site, and it's hard to leave it behind.

Yesterday, there was actually a little kerfuffle on the headlines thread, about the site being an Adam site, and how the Adam fans had driven every other fan group away. Of course, the Adam fans got their back up, and told us that if we wanted to talk about other people, it was our job to do it. I pointed out to them that they invade all the threads about other contestants and make it all about Adam, and usually in a way that demeans the subject of the thread. They don't see what they are doing, and they got pretty huffy about it. Of course, MJ deleted ALL those posts. Conversation over.

But, not too long ago, MJ went on the VFTW radio show, and pretty much vented about the Adam fans herself. She said they accuse her of posting negative stuff about Adam, and that she gets attacked by IDF posters in particular, when she posts anything controversial about him. If they annoy her, why in the world doesn't she do something about it instead of enabling them??? They think they own the site.

If you want to hear the radio interview with MJ, it is here: http://www.votefortheworst.com/radio.

And, about the tour recaps -- I know that a poster from VFTW sent her a review that totally slammed Adam, and she has never printed it. A shame , because even the worster liked Matt...... And it was delicious to read an anti-Adam review!

Here's a link to his review if anyone is interested:

http://www.votefortheworst.com/forum/topic6016-600.html

I have read about 3, 4 different worster reviews from vftw and top idol where they give Matt due credit.

Quote :
The cool thing is that, surely channeling the dear, departed Quatto, he makes up for it with the rest of his set. His Georgia On My Mind is, thankfully, not reminiscent of Ray Charles’ version. All his little falsetto runs actually work on the big stage where they didn’t on Idol. You Found Me is a great showcase for the type of song Giraud could pull off in a post-Idol career. Very impressive.

For some reason he didn't like Hard to Handle but look what he said esp. about You Found Me? Coming from a worster who dissed pretty much everyone in his review, this is a high praise indeed. Matt's pretty much been under the radar during the season, but his name has been seen in popular tags even in vftw since the tour started. He really is making a big impression even on the worsters. I am so proud of him.

The thing about MJ is she admitted that her blog is her job in vftw interview, which means she gets paid for the hit count and so forth. Adam fans are her customers as much as she seems to refuse she owes her site to Adam fans. Well I think she does owe her site to Adam fans and she apparently thinks it's a minor loss she can take when she isolates other fans. To her, it's just business. Shame.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:39 am

LOL I love how we are findng so many good reviews on Matt from worsters of all people lol! This is probably like the 6th good review for him from one of those posters on VFTW that I have seen, and I do appreciate it more as I know (as much as I don't like them) that they don't sugar coat or give bullshit for any contestant, so if they liked someone, they liked them.

And I agree Lumma, that MJ's blog is her job (I remember her saying this) but what confuses me is that she doesn't seem to get that just by balancing things out a bit, showing a bit more attention to other contestants, even something as simple as posting reviews that don't end and begin with Adam Lambert is my world, she could gain back the respect of alot of aggrieved fans. We are not the only ones upset by this. Those adam fans are not going anywhere. Most of them from what I can tell are bigger fans of the show itself rather than Adam, so regardless they are gonna be there. I feel like MJ could do herself a big favor by making it clear that her site is for everyone, and she'll treat it that way.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Ah the great MJ debate! Urgghhh I really despise that site! We having been complaining about that blog for sometime now. MJ runs it like the gestapo. I have been banned 2 or 3 times now for defending Matt from the Adam vultures. Like all Adam fansites, and MJ's is an Adam fansite they have a group think mentality. Everything is about Adam and no other artist let alone an Idol can compare to Adam's brilliance, artistry, and talent. What really cracks me up is I think most of them actually love Matt but they will never admit that Matt is as talented of a performer as the Exalted one. Hence their continued tear down of Matt's You Found Me despite Matt completely owning that song and sounding better than the Fray's version. It never fails, every recap from an Adam fan starts off raving about Matt's set until YFM. It cracks me up the shit I read. Matt loses the audience with YFM, Matt's voice is not suited to songs like YFM, blah, blah, blah! Well I have been to 5 shows and no effing way does he lose the audience with that song. Hell the audience is singing, swaying, and waving their cellphones throughout the whole damn song! Also that site is the only one where I read critism regarding how Matt sings/performs YFM. So I say Bullshit! They just need something to criticise Matt on so he doesn't come off looking as brilliant as the Exalted One and what better choice is there than YFM. It's the one song he sings on tour that was slammed by the judges.

Geesh guess I'm feeling pretty bitter over this! Sorry for my angry rant but I cannot stnad MJ or her minions!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Cacity87

Cacity87

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Haha, WOW...so glad to come back to this thread I started last night out of RAGE to see so many comments agreeing! I knew you guys must be as frustrated as I was. I was about to GO OFF on one of her threads and comment about it - but I didn't want to waste my breath there. I figured, ugh...I'm gonna go vent at my Matt fansite. haha.

Anyway, I get now that MJ is only in it for her BIZness. She wants to keep her "readers," which are mostly Adam fans at the moment. But, when the new season of Idol starts - those Adam fans will jump on someone else's bandwagon and all will be restored.

Btw, does the fanaticism of Adam fans remind anyone else of the Claymates? I'm sorry if any of you are Clay fans, but I just remember how disgusting I thought it was when all of Clays fans would swarm every article talking about how Clay should have beat Ruben, etc etc. Rolling Eyes It's the 2nd place conundrum. Fans can't accept getting "so close" and losing. Come on...its just a competition. The real competition will come with album sales. I will admit I would much rather listen to a Kris Allen album than an Adam Lambert album.

But both are low on my priority list when it comes to music - I just want a MATT GIRAUD album!
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:53 am

Hey, Cass, I actually saw ONE recap over at MJs who was not fawning over Glambert. lol, just one and it was earlier in the season. I remember because the title of it warned Adam fans. I laughed. THen laughed someone at the crazy glambert fans in the comments. Is that mean?

I still don't see what is so cracked up to be about Adam. I mean, his set had cool lighting and smoke machine, but it wasn't anything special to me.

Matt performed a hell of a lot better and he didn't need any of that stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Okay I have never really visisted MJ's cuz based on everything i ever read from you girls Ididn't want to - I don't need biased Glamberts telling me about Matt. I was at the Grand Rapids show and Matt so electrified the crowd. I went to the Atlanta and Charlotte concerts too - and all three crowds were still rocking to Matt, singing along an putting cellphones in the air - now I will admit in Atlanta and Grand Rapids more so. Charlotte was a little lame in that the entire crowd was full of grandmaws and 10 year old children going ga-ga over Adam.

In Grand Rapids Matt's crowd response was greater than Adams.
I personally liked Adam on the show - but with each concert that i've gone to, adam's appeal has dropped. In GR they have this synthesizer thing on his voice now and I can't stand it - his voice is not as good as it once seemed - and all the props and the dancing is starting to get on my nerves. I guess I've just become more and more addicted to Matt's music that Adam has fallen down for me - I wasn't even to inspired to stand up for adam, and i was just hoping it would be over soon.

Matt's - i would have watched his set over and over a million times. I also enjoyed Michael Sarver and Danny Gokey and even Kris.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:44 pm

Ugh. MJ's. I dread going there and reading the endless Adam fawning, but yet I am addicted to getting new information. MJ's usually has lots of good Idol info first, so, I continue to visit *hangs head in shame*.

On the Adam tip: I'm SO glad to see everyone else writing what I have felt for a while now. I once tried to pose the question, "will you still enjoy Adam's antics a year from now?" on the AI boards a few months ago (I was young and naive then!), and that was a reaming I'll never forget! I never discussed Adam on that GD board ever again. Same with MJ's. I'll never subject myself to the inevitable attack; it's not worth being ripped to shreds over.

ANYWHO, yes, it seems curious that Adam relies so heavily on the smoke and lighting, the costumes and all that crap. I'll give him a good voice with incredible range, but why does he need all the bombast and artifice? I was watching the VMAs last night, and it made me think of Adam. Lady Gaga did an,in my opinion, overwrought performance, with a horrific finale. Why did she need to slather herself in fake blood and hoist herself up in a fake-hanging fashion? Was it to detract from the mediocrity of her singing and dancing? Why did she need five different crazy outfits for the course of one evening? It's all desperate spectacle to me. Adam is doing the same damn thing, and people are eating it up. Who's to say whether it will serve him well in the long run, but my opinion is that, if you've got the talent, why do you need such over-the-top theatrics? Just bare your soul once in a while, sans fake blood or crazy costumes!
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:10 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Ugh. MJ's. I dread going there and reading the endless Adam fawning, but yet I am addicted to getting new information. MJ's usually has lots of good Idol info first, so, I continue to visit *hangs head in shame*.

On the Adam tip: I'm SO glad to see everyone else writing what I have felt for a while now. I once tried to pose the question, "will you still enjoy Adam's antics a year from now?" on the AI boards a few months ago (I was young and naive then!), and that was a reaming I'll never forget! I never discussed Adam on that GD board ever again. Same with MJ's. I'll never subject myself to the inevitable attack; it's not worth being ripped to shreds over.

ANYWHO, yes, it seems curious that Adam relies so heavily on the smoke and lighting, the costumes and all that crap. I'll give him a good voice with incredible range, but why does he need all the bombast and artifice? I was watching the VMAs last night, and it made me think of Adam. Lady Gaga did an,in my opinion, overwrought performance, with a horrific finale. Why did she need to slather herself in fake blood and hoist herself up in a fake-hanging fashion? Was it to detract from the mediocrity of her singing and dancing? Why did she need five different crazy outfits for the course of one evening? It's all desperate spectacle to me. Adam is doing the same damn thing, and people are eating it up. Who's to say whether it will serve him well in the long run, but my opinion is that, if you've got the talent, why do you need such over-the-top theatrics? Just bare your soul once in a while, sans fake blood or crazy costumes!

Those are my thoughts as well. Adam is definitely the male Lady Gaga in my opinion, right now. And based on Adam's tweets last night about her performance - HE loved it. He said, "Gaga: get it! Thanks for the theatrix. Your live singin sounded the best it has ever in my opinion. You are a STAR and u inspire me. Art." AND THEN, "You are makin performance art mainstream. Finally!! You've got the fire and the drive. Keep it comin. Smile"

Ok, what the heck? Performance art? Hm...yeah, see that's where I'm lost. Adam, Lady Gaga, etc are turning music into a type of theater. We already have theater - I just want to hear a genuine SINGER and MUSICIAN. Not flashy lights, smoke, fake blood, costumes, etc.

Of course, I'm sure the music history books are going to be writing about this type of "performance theater" in decades to come. That this era is the era that "music is changing" and whatnot. And sadly, the true talents will be left in the shadows of the stagelight.
Back to top Go down
caro_lalala

caro_lalala

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:02 pm

LOL, I think the MJ recap pro Matt that you read was mine from Philly Smile I just saw it posted here.

I loved him there.

Honestly I started going to MJs for idol news, I never thought I would be going back everyday and reading the recaps that's what made me decide to go to a concert on my own.

They were always supportive of my Matt love Smile and for sure they are more Adam supportive than anything, but they are open to all the idols.

As for MJ I know she also liked Matt, when she went to a concert, beside Adam and Kris she always made sure she had a Matt video.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MJ's blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MJ's blog   MJ's blog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MJ's blog
Page 1 of 1