Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Advice from someone who knows...

Go down 
+14
Lisa_M
Janizzle
Cacity87
macigirl
caro_lalala
pasnthru
sgr91
OvenMitt
graciecat
Jenna
mattyg93
mattyfan
ShellBen
Lana
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:32 pm

You all are making some pretty compelling statements here. Nothing I can disagree with, actually!

I have gone from really confident to extremely nervous in the space of a few days. Not just because of the Chris Sligh thing, but also because of Matt returning to Michigan. It's kind of a WTF situation for me, because right before the tour ended, he was talking about meeting with 19, entertainment lawyers, "important people", and now, it's about mac and cheese and lunches with the mayor? I know that he probably wanted to just take a little time to see friends and family and RELAX, but I am honestly more interested in his career plans than what he had for dinner last night. I know he's not obligated to fill the free world in on the intimate details of his life, but, from a fan point-of-view, it would be nice to know how proactive WE are going to have to be. Is there going to be an official website? I know there was an address just tweeted, but that's kind of stone-age in comparison to what he could have going on with keeping contact with us. Could it be that he's decided to scrap any offers he had on the table? Perhaps he thought about the path that lay ahead and wants to do something different? I'm not saying this is the case, just speculating. Because, after all he's said about knowing he'll need to work hard and that touring and performing was what he loved doing, the actions aren't corresponding to that. I know, I know, it's only been a week. But that's one less week he has to make an impression and keep that foot in the industry door. Also, I am incresingly concerned about how much of his time will be invested with the Yobi contest. It's an honorable thing, wanting to help mentor budding musicians, but why is he focusing more on furthering OTHER peoples' careers rather than his own? from what I read on the Yobi website, the contest is going on until May. I'm kind of praying that doesn't mean Matt will have to be stuck in Michigan until then. Who knows, maybe that's the role he'd prefer: behind the scenes rather than in the spotlight. *sigh* I am confused by this boy once again! Hope this doesn't depress anyone or anything, but these are things that have cropped up in my head, so I needed to get them out there.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:18 pm

Cacity87 wrote:
I updated the blog with a post about Chris's thoughts. Leave a comment over there too if you guys get a chance...just want to keep things going and active.

Also, I tweeted Chris about it and got a reply!

Me:
Quote :
@ChrisSligh Read your blogpost "To the Idols" & its good to hear blunt advice sometimes. I still think @ImMattGiraud is going to get a deal.

Chris:
Quote :
@cassidyrobinson I hope so...I think that dude is crazy talented...saw some of his tour performances...wow...killer

Anyway, thought that would be encouraging to you guys. Chris seems like a fan of Matt! Perhaps he just wants the best? I agree with everyone that Matt is WAAAAY more talented than Chris (even though, I admit I was a Chris Sligh fan after his "Kiss From A Rose" audition --> check it out, it was great!) But, Matt does need to take some advice from others who have "gone before." Matt seems to have a good musical direction already, I'm not too too worried - but I just keep praying and hoping for the BIG news!

I just perused the comments section of Chris' blog, and I think what he posted confirms his feelings about Matt, as well as the feeling that perhaps he was writing that post with Matt partially in mind:

"ChrisSligh said...
Guys PLEASE do not make this a fan war. I'm not saying one is better than another. I love the top 4 this year & think they all have a chance to be successful with 19. I live Matt Giraud & think he may be 1 of the most talented also rans yet. Megan is cool. I mean literally this season nearly everyone of the top 10 deserves a chance at a record deal. So my post is NOT saying one is better or cooler or has a better chance to succeed.

Chris"

IDK if he meant "love" or "live", but either way, I think he really was trying to be helpful, even if it came off as arrogant or condescending to some.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:26 pm

I totally get what everyone has said here. The past few days has brought even more uncertainty (if that's possible!?!) re. Matt's future! I'm holding on to the hope though that Matt KNOWS what he's doing. Everything Chris said in his blog makes sense (minus the self-promoting comments, heheh!) and there's really nothing much new there that other idols haven't said before. I'm confident Matt knows all of that. I remember Carly Smithson and Michael Johns (and other Idols) came to "mentor" the Season 8 contestants and they probably discussed all these with them. Also, Matt mentioned before that Paula told him not to take too long in getting his career going.

We know that Matt's writing songs, he's got a few shows booked, he's got the Yobi.tv stint. We also know he's been talking with labels (at least he was up to the end of the tour and he seemed confident that it was just a matter of time).

Is Matt a slacker? I seriously find that hard to believe seeing how hard he worked throughout the summer tour. Of all the Idols, he seemed the most aware of REALITY. He consistently took time to meet the fans at every stop, rain or shine, knowing that's an opportunity of a lifetime and who knows if it'll ever come again. I also think he did that knowing it would help win over some new fans, if they could only see more of his personality. On stage he gave it his all whether or not he was in tip-top shape or was feeling sick. I just can't imagine this same guy suddenly moving back home to Michigan to rest on his butt into oblivion. Smile Maybe he's feeling pressured...by not yet getting signed, but even then he'll probably use this as a motivator to work harder. He's young and this is his opportunity to become independent and be a bonafide grown-up. Very Happy

I'd like to think he's using these few days at home to get some original music done to show to labels and help seal the deal that would give him creative control. I'd like to think they are at the stage where the labels had offered and he counter-offered fighting for more creative control and they've told him, well show us what you got. If that's the case, I truly believe Matt will deliver and soon. Just a matter of time.

What can we fans do now? Hmm....let's think up more ways we can show our support.
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:31 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Cacity87 wrote:
I updated the blog with a post about Chris's thoughts. Leave a comment over there too if you guys get a chance...just want to keep things going and active.

Also, I tweeted Chris about it and got a reply!

Me:
Quote :
@ChrisSligh Read your blogpost "To the Idols" & its good to hear blunt advice sometimes. I still think @ImMattGiraud is going to get a deal.

Chris:
Quote :
@cassidyrobinson I hope so...I think that dude is crazy talented...saw some of his tour performances...wow...killer

Anyway, thought that would be encouraging to you guys. Chris seems like a fan of Matt! Perhaps he just wants the best? I agree with everyone that Matt is WAAAAY more talented than Chris (even though, I admit I was a Chris Sligh fan after his "Kiss From A Rose" audition --> check it out, it was great!) But, Matt does need to take some advice from others who have "gone before." Matt seems to have a good musical direction already, I'm not too too worried - but I just keep praying and hoping for the BIG news!

I just perused the comments section of Chris' blog, and I think what he posted confirms his feelings about Matt, as well as the feeling that perhaps he was writing that post with Matt partially in mind:

"ChrisSligh said...
Guys PLEASE do not make this a fan war. I'm not saying one is better than another. I love the top 4 this year & think they all have a chance to be successful with 19. I live Matt Giraud & think he may be 1 of the most talented also rans yet. Megan is cool. I mean literally this season nearly everyone of the top 10 deserves a chance at a record deal. So my post is NOT saying one is better or cooler or has a better chance to succeed.

Chris"

IDK if he meant "love" or "live", but either way, I think he really was trying to be helpful, even if it came off as arrogant or condescending to some.

Its interesting because I also felt that Chris wrote the blog with Matt in mind. This quote really got me thinking it was to Matt:

Quote :

Sixthly: Work, work, work, work, work. Period. You have to work. Nothing and I do mean nothing is going to be given to you. 19E is not going to come back around. They're done with you. The music business, for the most part, will treat you like an outsider. And they should. You are just a game show contestant who still needs to prove why you should be here. They don't know you've worked for years in clubs or worked as a songwriter or developed your piano skills amazingly - all they know is that you're a game show contestant who is more famous than them for doing nothing other than making it on a tv show. So, go out and prove to them why you belong by working harder than they do to be better.

Who else worked clubs for years and has amazing piano skill? Just saying.

I know everyone is anxious about Matt being back in Michigan. This is how I look at it. Its been less than a week since the show was over. It was a grueling tour and he deserves a couple of weeks off. The guys who are signed have commitments to start working but I'm sure the others are taking some time off (I haven't been following Anoop or Michael, etc.).

If a deal is in the works, they will tell him where he needs to move and when. If a deal is NOT imminent, he needs to make a demo in order to shop it. We have long speculated that part of the Yobi deal is studio/recording time so being in Michigan is not such a terrible thing (yobi studios are in Dearborn). I also don't think that Yobi will take an overwhelming amount of his time. The only in person commitment is when the finalists are chosen and he helps them record. Before that, its reviewing video which I'm sure others will pare down for him. He can do that with an internet connection from anywhere.

How is that for being a Polyanna?
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:04 pm

okay I am not gonna stress. I am going to stay positive. I refuse to believe that someone as talented as Matt will not succeed. One day we will look back at this and laugh! Matt is just taking a little time off. He is too passionate about music. He said "gonna go back home for just a little while " Don't stress yet, it's only been one week!

BE CONFIDENT and Have Faith!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:11 pm

I agree Ovenmitt and Sgr that the first time I read this it felt like I was reading a personal letter from Chris to Matt specifically. But it was posted publicly and under the guise of giving advice to "season 8". His tone does come off as a bit condescending at times, I agree with someone on that as well, but hope this doesn't deflect too much form the overall messege because he does make alot of sense.

Having said that, I guess it's smart to hold the horses a little on worrying. It's hard when we all love Matt so much and want the best for his career, But he's only been home a week and has stated during the tour that he needed and would take a bit of a VACA. While I personally believe that it would benefit him more to take off the way the top 4 has, I can't be mad at him for needing a little time (he has worked his butt off on this tour). The only thing that worries me is how Much Kris, Allison, Adam, and hell even Scott are doing and how far ahead they are from Matt. But another side of that is with Matt taking some time to write and rest his stuff will be of better quality and reflect the time he has put into it. By not rushing it he is able to give us something that he has put time, energy, and heart into.

Kris' first single, Live Like We're Dying, is underwhelming to say the least. And I doubt his album will be any better. The same with Allison, unfortunaetly, as they have that poor girl running all over europe straight from tour and I doubt that she even knows what the hell she is doing any longer. I want to believe wholeheartedly that Matt has everything under control and there is no cause to worry, but...
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:36 pm

You know... I am trying not to worry either. At least not right now.
If let's say, by December Matt is still tweeting about what he ate for lunch or what his snake isdoing (heh!) I would be worried.

I have to believe that what Matt said about good news is still going to happen. Why did he twitted about imp people and happenings, if everything was so uncertain? He never ever tweeted somthing about labels before.

I think that matty is right and maybe he is just preparing material to finally seal the deal. At least I hope so.
Someone as talented and with so much potential as Matt has to have a bright future ahead.
Some days I am very anxious with all the waiting, others I believe something is cooking as we speak.
Some days I wish Matt would have won, when I see Kris get all the attention, radio play, Z100 interviews, TV, MTV, and all the media glowing about his first single I wish it was Matt there instead of him. BTW I think Kris single is great I know I am in minority here, but I predict it will be a big hit for Kris. Very catchy and is not your typical AI winner bubblegum pop single. IT has edge to it so I think Kris will start things well for his record.

In any case, things happen for a reason and I believe with all my heart Matt will get picked up by a major label soon and will be very successful. For me it still all is a "matter of time".
I do hope though that Matt flies to NYC or LA soon to speed up the negotiations. Just saying. Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 Icon_wink

Also hoping this Yobi TV thing doesn't takes much of his time, I mean he should be concentrating on developing his career first, not nurturing wannabe singers, I mean don't get me wrong is a great gesture and all but his music and career are first. Just saying Matty G.
Back to top Go down
sunshyne8

sunshyne8

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:39 pm

I think I may be in the minority, but I'm not worried about Matt's career at all. I truly believe his talent and work ethic will surmount all obstacles that appear to be in the way now. To me, this is the same guy that has already put out two albums prior to his run on AI without any exposure or major record label backing. He just had passion and a dream.... I believe he's smart and knows what he is doing. He says he's writing and working on putting out something good with or without a record deal that he can be proud of - that's good enough for me and I can't wait to hear it. Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 Icon_bounce Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Last edited by sunshyne8 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Giraudian#202

Giraudian#202

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:31 pm

I'm not worried, I just hope he gets the respect and publicity he needs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/june_bunny91
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:22 am

Sunshyne & Giraudian, I'm with you guys. I actually prefer that Matt take time off, let KrAdisson-mania die down, & then release his music when people are least expecting it. That way he won't be in the shadows (again) of those three. Hopefully (in my perfect world, at least) all their albums will suck & Matt's will blow them all away when he releases his. Then people will realize who's really the most talented of season 8 Very Happy

Also, to add to the thoughts about the blog being directed @ Matt...Didn't Chris offer as a warning regarding genre, to choose the right one & avoid being a Justin Timberlake/Robin Thicke wannabe? I think Matt knows this & has clearly stated that's not the route he wants to take, but it is interesting that Chris Mentioned those specific artists. Especially since Matt has been compared to both of them.
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:41 am

sunshyne8 wrote:
I think I may be in the minority, but I'm not worried about Matt's career at all. I truly believe his talent and work ethic will surmount all obstacles that appear to be in the way now. To me, this is the same guy that has already put out two albums prior to his run on AI without any exposure or major record label backing. He just had passion and a dream.... I believe he's smart and knows what he is doing. He says he's writing and working on putting out something good with or without a record deal that he can be proud of - that's good enough for me and I can't wait to hear it. Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 Icon_bounce Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 Icon_cheers

AMEN, SUNSHYNE! sunny
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:23 pm

I don't know why, but now I feel terrible for worrying here so much. This Chris Sligh blog got all into my head, and I couldn't help but worry, but I get home this morning and what do I see but a career update from Matt. It's great and certainly eases my mind, but I do hope that he doesn't feel that he has to tell us every little thing, or even to rush himself to get moving. (contrary to my previous posts). IDK...It just made me feel bad for being such a worry wart and it breaks my heart a little that Matt may have read this and now feels the need to update.

SORRY I'm a natural born worrier, I can't help it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:44 pm

I am so relieved that Matt updated his Twitter! But like Lana, I hope he didn't read our thoughts here and feel the need to appease his fans...that Twitter is a gift and a curse! I have to blame Sligh's blog on this one...I was having so many negative thoughts after reading it. WE CAN NOT DOUBT OUR MATTY!!

Big-time fundraisers and writing sessions....this is the news we've been wanting to hear! So you enjoy your days back home while you can, Matt! Much work lies ahead!!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:50 pm

You know what I didn't even read this thread....because I refuse to be brought down by negativity! I just want to say that Matt's tweet today is great news - he did say in that bubbletweet - less than 2 weeks ago - "Going home for a little while, will keep you updated on the Good News"!!!!!

Matthew Scott Giraud is a talented and ambitious young man! He has mad talent...he can write songs, he can play music by ear, he has mad piano skills, he has stage presense, he has personality...he is smart.

I am not going to compare matt to any other past idol's success or non-success.......that's all i'm gonna say!

The boy was put on the earth to sing and perform and I will keep on believing that!
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:57 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:
You know what I didn't even read this thread....because I refuse to be brought down by negativity! I just want to say that Matt's tweet today is great news - he did say in that bubbletweet - less than 2 weeks ago - "Going home for a little while, will keep you updated on the Good News"!!!!!

Matthew Scott Giraud is a talented and ambitious young man! He has mad talent...he can write songs, he can play music by ear, he has mad piano skills, he has stage presense, he has personality...he is smart.

I am not going to compare matt to any other past idol's success or non-success.......that's all i'm gonna say!

The boy was put on the earth to sing and perform and I will keep on believing that!

I'm gonna say it too! Laughing
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:59 pm

macigirl wrote:
lovethemtigers wrote:

I'm gonna say it too! Laughing

that's what I'm talking about Girl! ! Keeping the Faith - the GNC Motto - when life knocks you down just moonwalk your way to the next phase! HA
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:37 pm

I don't think this thread was negative at all. I don't believe that worrying is necessarily negative. I get wanting to put on a happy face all the time, but right now when things are so uncertain, it's not always easy. I hate that people just dismiss the whole thing as being negative when that wasn't at all what it was. To the contrary it was Matt's fans wanting the best for him, and getting all of our fears out. Sorry if that came off as negative to anyone but it came from us loving him and wishing him nothing but the best. Personally when someone has me this worried for them it just means they can be sure I care.

I will agree though that at this point it's best for Matt if he sees us all here being as sure and as positive as we can be. This lateset tweet also makes me happy and excited for what's to come, so that is what I will focus on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:15 pm

Lana wrote:
I don't think this thread was negative at all. I don't believe that worrying is necessarily negative. I get wanting to put on a happy face all the time, but right now when things are so uncertain, it's not always easy. I hate that people just dismiss the whole thing as being negative when that wasn't at all what it was. To the contrary it was Matt's fans wanting the best for him, and getting all of our fears out. Sorry if that came off as negative to anyone but it came from us loving him and wishing him nothing but the best. Personally when someone has me this worried for them it just means they can be sure I care.

I will agree though that at this point it's best for Matt if he sees us all here being as sure and as positive as we can be. This lateset tweet also makes me happy and excited for what's to come, so that is what I will focus on Very Happy

I don't think you were being negative. I also agree with your sentiment that worrying about his future is a sign of how much we care about him and his future - there is nothing wrong with that. I had posted before that I'm pretty positive about his future and not terribly concerned about his "mini-vacation" but there is nothing wrong with having a discussion about his future, especially when there is a fairly thought-provoking blog that appears. There is really nothing else to talk about currently except what is next for Matt. This is a discussion board - everyone should feel free to state their opinions and discuss. I am not advocating that we tweet Matt our concerns (I actually strongly advocate against that) but I think discussion and supporting Matt is why we're all here.
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:22 pm

i agree...all i said is i didn't want to read the negative stuff...the board is for everyone....didn't mean to sound like i was scolding people for their opinions...sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Quote :

don't think you were being negative. I also
agree with your sentiment that worrying about his future is a sign of
how much we care about him and his future - there is nothing wrong with
that. I had posted before that I'm pretty positive about his future and
not terribly concerned about his "mini-vacation" but there is nothing
wrong with having a discussion about his future, especially when there
is a fairly thought-provoking blog that appears. There is really
nothing else to talk about currently except what is next for Matt. This
is a discussion board - everyone should feel free to state their
opinions and discuss. I am not advocating that we tweet Matt our
concerns (I actually strongly advocate against that) but I think
discussion and supporting Matt is why we're all here.

Exactly sgr1. Sometimes we also need to look at the negative or may I just better say the "realistic" point of view.
I think it's awesome that Matt updates his twitter today with something more uplifting regarding his future career. All Matt fans needed that after this week of no news and Sligh's negative but honest and blunt side of the story.

I do believe however that great things are in store for Matt. Him getting signed is just a matter of time.
As I said this writing sessions make me happy. Do you guys think the label that is interested arranged those in LA? It makes me wonder....
I do hope the BIG news is coming soon! Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Last edited by mattyg93 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:31 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:
i agree...all i said is i didn't want to read the negative stuff...the board is for everyone....didn't mean to sound like i was scolding people for their opinions...sorry Sad

You know I love you tigers! And I agree about reading any negative things, I just don't want anyone to think that I am trying to be negative. I just worry alot really.

Anyways, nothing but good things from here cheers
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:34 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
Quote :

don't think you were being negative. I also
agree with your sentiment that worrying about his future is a sign of
how much we care about him and his future - there is nothing wrong with
that. I had posted before that I'm pretty positive about his future and
not terribly concerned about his "mini-vacation" but there is nothing
wrong with having a discussion about his future, especially when there
is a fairly thought-provoking blog that appears. There is really
nothing else to talk about currently except what is next for Matt. This
is a discussion board - everyone should feel free to state their
opinions and discuss. I am not advocating that we tweet Matt our
concerns (I actually strongly advocate against that) but I think
discussion and supporting Matt is why we're all here.

Exactly sgr1. Sometimes we also need to look at the negative or may I just better say the "realistic" point of view.
I think it's awesome that Matt updates his twitter today with something more uplifting regarding his future career. All Matt fans needed that after this week of no news and Sligh's negative but real side of the story.

I do believe however that great things are in store for Matt. Him getting signed is just a matter of time.
As I said this writing sessions make me happy. Do you guys think the label that is interested arranged those in LA? It makes me wonder
I do hope the BIG news is coming soon! Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 Icon_cheers

That's the first thought that came to my mind too when I read this!! I mean all of the top 4 had writing sessions set up when they were signed, and the fact that they are taking place in LA makes me even more excited!

YES back on track with some positive stuff!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:13 pm

You guys know I hate moderating the board but I think this needs to be said. So here goes...

I think it's obvious that every one on this board loves Matt and wants the absolute best for him. I'm sure we all want him to score that record deal but that's not the issue I am going to discuss.

Ok I am beating around the bush here because I'm not exactly sure how to say this without offending anyone. Basically what I want to say is that all thoughts and opinions are welcome here. We have so many wonderful people here and everyone has their own way of expressing themselves and obviously we all have our own opinions. I value everyone here and I don't want anyone to feel they can't post their minds so I am asking that we stop labeling someone's post either positive or negative. Feelings just end up getting hurt. IMO neither worrying or feeling confident regarding Matt's future is right or wrong. There are some days I feel on top of the world regarding Matt's career and other days I am worried. So all of this rambling to just say please everyone post your feelings and thoughts. It all generates conversation and keeps the board active. I hope no one was insulted by my post but I thought it should be said. Thanks everyone for making this such a great place to come!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:06 pm

Lana wrote:
lovethemtigers wrote:

You know I love you tigers! And I agree about reading any negative things, I just don't want anyone to think that I am trying to be negative. I just worry alot really.

Anyways, nothing but good things from here cheers

Lana I love you too!

Hey it's okay to feel down sometimes - I do too, lots of times, that's the times I choose not to say anything so I don't sound so depressing.....anyways...

I'm glad we could entertain you the other night...you know sometimes the alternative to laughing is crying...so lets choose to laugh! MaciGirl was feeling down and out the other night and i told her to get her butt off of her bed and get her butt over to twitter and let's have some fun. And Iluvmatt was there with us too! We need to do that more often. I know you love Matt and you worry about him and that's only natural. Jeez I feel like he's family now! When he seems down, i feel down. When Matt's happy, i'm happy lol! So when I saw that person tweeting ugly things today that really upset me. But I didn't even tweet that person and they tweeted me out of the blue and it was quite funny. It called me fat and ugly just like Matt! LOL Wow if I look like Matt i must look some good! lol!

So if you are ever feeling down and out, tweet me and we'll have another twitter party to lift each other's spirits okay?!

Anyways, Jenna I love you and I appreciate what you are saying......!!!!Yes this board is fall all opinions...positive, negative - I just wanted to remind everyone that it really has not been that long, record deals take time! Danny announded to the world that he was being signed during his eye on idol interview back at the end of may and didn't announce it officially until what 2 weeks before the end of the tour. Just a side note - getting signed doesn't guarantee success - so either way Matt's journey will be long and the most important factor to success is having a strong fan base - so let's keep supporting Matt!

I love this board and I love everyone here - cuz we have one common denomenator - our love for Matt and his success!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice from someone who knows...   Advice from someone who knows... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice from someone who knows...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt There is Nothing Small About You!-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com