Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
slick7

slick7

Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview Empty
PostSubject: Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview   Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:54 pm

Here's the link to the full article that the wonderful jamerce quoted in the "What if Matt Went Country" thread. Great read! Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview Icon_smile

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/11/american_idol.html

Quote :
CALEDONIA -- Keeping up with his "American Idol" alumni Adam Lambert and Kris Allen, buzzing down to Nashville to record a song for an upcoming jazz/country duets album and rehearsing for shows this week have Kalamazoo's Matt Giraud nice and busy.

The 24-year-old piano-playing crooner, whose performances Saturday at Cornerstone Church in Caledonia will be his first official solo shows in West Michigan, also is writing tunes for a hoped-for record deal.
"(The music) will be bluesy, pop -- really good music," Giraud said in a phone interview from Kalamazoo. "I'm going after making good music, period. I'm not interested in making the next big pop single."
Giraud, who finished fifth last season on the Fox singing competition -- America's No. 1-rated reality show -- hopes to have three or four tunes fully baked by the time he takes the piano bench on Saturday.

"I'm recording songs now with some professional writers, and I'm going to Nashville next week to work with some writers there as well," said Giraud, who's inspired by songsters Norah Jones and John Mayer. "My goal is to get my whole record done by the time I sign with (a record label). Right now, it's looking really good."
Giraud is thrilled and humbled by the fact fans far and wide will be attending his shows this weekend.
"People are coming from all over the place -- Denmark, Kentucky ... it's incredible."
Also incredible: the reaction of fans who packed Van Andel Arena on Sept. 6, when the "American Idols Live" tour of Season 8's Top 10 finalists tooled through his neck of the woods.
"Before I went on, one of the stage managers said, 'Do you hear that? That's the anticipation for you in your hometown.' I'll never forget it."
The mostly sold-out tour "changed everything," Giraud said. "It inspired me and made me want to keep going."
Feedback from the tour helped the Western Michigan University graduate shape his solo ventures as well. "People loved the dueling piano (performance) with Scott (MacIntyre, another finalist). I loved performing 'Georgia' and 'You Found Me.'"
Since the tour wrapped in September, West Michigan's favorite Idol has kept in touch with his amigos from the show.
"I talk to Danny (Gokey) the most, and (Season 8 winner) Kris and Anoop (Desai)," Giraud said. "I get texts from Adam. We all text each other all the time to keep each other up to date on what we're all doing."
One thing Giraud's up to is recording a song with jazz chanteuse Anna Wilson for a 2010 record of duets with country legends.
"I'm the only one on the album who's not a legend," he said with a laugh.
As Giraud fine-tunes his first full-length shows (he returns Jan. 29 for a show at Forest Hills Fine Arts Center), crafts songs and keeps up with his super-famous buddies, the former piano bar performer is more than ready to roll.
"It's exciting for me that so many people want to hear me sing; it makes me a little emotional," he admitted. "I used to be in the background all the time, wondering if there was anyone who wanted to listen to my music. There were so many nights when I lugged my piano equipment all over the place, paying my dues.
"My dream is to play my music all over the country, and right now that's looking good."
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview   Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:43 pm

That was a great interview! I love Matt's passion for music...REAL Music! It is such a refreshing change. I fell in love with Matt because of his passion for music and I'm glad to see it hasn't changed and that he is not willing to put out just anything to have a hit. I am ready for the music world to change and go back to what it is supposed to be about...Music! Matt will do this!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview   Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Jenna wrote:
That was a great interview! I love Matt's passion for music...REAL Music! It is such a refreshing change. I fell in love with Matt because of his passion for music and I'm glad to see it hasn't changed and that he is not willing to put out just anything to have a hit. I am ready for the music world to change and go back to what it is supposed to be about...Music! Matt will do this!

This!

Especially the bolded part. It feels like it's been so difficult for me to love music like I used to in the past few years. It's like finding a needle in a haystack to discover a really, truly wonderful artist these days. I just had to stop listening to the radio, because not only is the music barely even music anymore, it's just plain uninspiring. Even artists who have the raw talent have to resort to antics and crazy costumes, ridiculous lyrics and all that crap just to be acknowledged in today's music scene. It's actually kind of sad!

Anywho, this article is wonderful. I'm glad that things are falling into place for Matt. I feel like he has a great strategy going for his career, and even though I had some doubts for a while there (it's HARD to see all these other Idols get so much attention!), it seems that he's doing things the right way. And I agree, Jenna, that Matt is trying to bring back respectability and craftmanship to music again. The average Idol fan isn't about that, and it's been irritating for me to hear non-fans make comments about Matt and his viability when they are looking at success through the Idol lens. They seem to equate instant popularity with success, which is so in opposition to the actuality of the music industry. To me, popularity is a dangerous thing, because you can become UNpopular just as quickly. But once you are successful, you can never really be called unsuccessful, now can you? Hehe, okay, I'm slipping back into my old rambling self! But I really think there's some truth to that. Maybe what I'm trying to say is:

Screw the win; Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview   Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 3:47 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Jenna wrote:

This!

Especially the bolded part. It feels like it's been so difficult for me to love music like I used to in the past few years. It's like finding a needle in a haystack to discover a really, truly wonderful artist these days. I just had to stop listening to the radio, because not only is the music barely even music anymore, it's just plain uninspiring. Even artists who have the raw talent have to resort to antics and crazy costumes, ridiculous lyrics and all that crap just to be acknowledged in today's music scene. It's actually kind of sad!

Anywho, this article is wonderful. I'm glad that things are falling into place for Matt. I feel like he has a great strategy going for his career, and even though I had some doubts for a while there (it's HARD to see all these other Idols get so much attention!), it seems that he's doing things the right way. And I agree, Jenna, that Matt is trying to bring back respectability and craftmanship to music again. The average Idol fan isn't about that, and it's been irritating for me to hear non-fans make comments about Matt and his viability when they are looking at success through the Idol lens. They seem to equate instant popularity with success, which is so in opposition to the actuality of the music industry. To me, popularity is a dangerous thing, because you can become UNpopular just as quickly. But once you are successful, you can never really be called unsuccessful, now can you? Hehe, okay, I'm slipping back into my old rambling self! But I really think there's some truth to that. Maybe what I'm trying to say is:

I agree OvenMitt.

Even though I am kinda bitter about "Kradison + Danny" I am just glad Matt is more passionate then them (Apologizes for any Kradison fans that read this). That just makes the wait just more sweeter. It will pay off, because we'll get some great music, I can tell you for sure. And, we have like 5 more days to hear some tunes!

I am confident that Matt will get signed by a major/indie label by the end of the year, or early next year. Because once the labels here his music, they will be down.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview   Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:45 pm

Ovenmitt I love your rambling! What else is there to say you said it all and it's exactly how I feel! Especially this part...

Quote :
The average Idol fan isn't about that, and it's been irritating for me to hear non-fans make comments about Matt and his viability when they are looking at success through the Idol lens. They seem to equate instant popularity with success, which is so in opposition to the actuality of the music industry. To me, popularity is a dangerous thing, because you can become UNpopular just as quickly. But once you are successful, you can never really be called unsuccessful, now can you?
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview   Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:35 am

Quote :
Ovenmitt:

I haven't heard/read that in a while. I love it!

Ps. I love ur ramblings Ovenmitt. You make great points & they're always interesting! Smile
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview   Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Haha!

Thanks, Jenna and Crys! I knew this was the one place that my ramblings would be understood.

I feel like that "screw the win; Matt Giraud for the success" slogan is even more applicable now than ever before. It seems as though Matt is working hard to make his success a reality, which makes me really happy *tear*.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview   Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nov 15th Kalamazoo, Gazette Interview
Page 1 of 1