HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ayCFAN

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Thu May 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Hey guys! I'm ayCFAN.. Smile I've been on the idol boards since season 6 and have been watching since season 1!! I gotta say, there has never been an idol who has truly inspired me until this season. Matt really inspired me, can't wait to see where his future takes him!! Smile Matt is IMO one of the most TALENTED contestant on this show, ever. Oh and he is also prettttttty good looookin' Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corrina2253

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Thu May 14, 2009 7:24 pm

i introduced myself in the other thread but figured since everyone else was over here, ill keep it short and sweet.

danys from houston.loved matty g ever since the white chocolate performance.hes pure passion I love you and all man bounce and i absolutely love it.cant wait to follow his the rest of his promising career.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Thu May 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi I'm Jessica and I'm from Canada.
I've like Matt on Idol since he did Georgia, but I think I really fell in love with him once he sang "You Found Me" by The Fray, it brought me to tears and I instantly fell completely in love with him Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Showtime 334

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Thu May 14, 2009 8:42 pm

My names Eddie Diaz, my favorites have a curse for losing idol, though they deserve to win...The two most noteable are Matt G this year, and Elliott Yamin in season 5...Both robbed...Matt's originality, piano playing, and soulful vibe got me on board from the audition...When he was brought back for the wildcard i was thrilled, he proved he was worth it...I hope for big things in the future for Matt G. and i will certainly be purchasing a copy of his CD whenever it may come out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
megan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Thu May 14, 2009 8:43 pm

welcome to all the new peeps!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whoslovinyou

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Thu May 14, 2009 9:45 pm

hi everyone!
im whoslovinyou from the AI boards, like most of you said, its just easier to stick with the same name!

well i loved matt when i saw him do georgia, and found him very impressive but i didnt like the viva la vida performance... that night i was thinking aww man what happened?

then i was soooo happy when they announced him for the wild card, i still remember kara saying "we're bringing back one of the bluesiest singers there is..." and he KILLED it on whos loving you... which is why thats my screen name here! i just love his version of that song and loved the way he moved around the stage that night. i was instantly hooked again.

i never posted in the forums until this season and never ever voted until this season... actually i did not start voting until he was in the B2 after LGIO (i am a victim of social loafing) and i thought, NEVER AGAIN!! from that point forward, it was a full 2 hours/week!

all my friends make fun of my obsession but i'll be the one laughing at them when he makes it BIG.
what i love most about him is how unique and refreshing he is to the world of music. he still doesnt even think hes a celebrity, he still thinks he needs to "pay his dues"... and he is a truly remarkable musician. his piano skills blow me away, and knowing hes self taught and plays by ear... just ridiculous. all in all hes a **package** artist Wink

i wont be going to the tour, i really dont want to see anyone else but him so ill be waiting for his solo tour!! Smile
im glad i found this site so we can now chat without restrictions Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Thu May 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Hey just so no one gets confused, I now go by Renina (my first name) on the AI forums. My Lana account was suspended Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emilyvictoriaa27

PostSubject: Hello!   Thu May 14, 2009 10:57 pm

Hey everyone! I love seeing you all from the AI forums. It's so much better here...no mods to ban us!! I'm Emily, emilyvictoriaa27 from AI.com. I'm 15 (16 in July) and I'm a sophomore in high school. I live in south Orange County, California. I went to American Idol Extra the night Matt went home, and I got to meet him and I got his autograph, a hug, and a kiss on the cheek! I first fell in love with Matt at his audition when he sang Gavin Degraw. I can't wait to talk to everyone here and meet so many Matty fans!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lymon15

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Thu May 14, 2009 11:24 pm

emilyvictoriaa27 wrote:
Hey everyone! I love seeing you all from the AI forums. It's so much better here...no mods to ban us!! I'm Emily, emilyvictoriaa27 from AI.com. I'm 15 (16 in July) and I'm a sophomore in high school. I live in south Orange County, California. I went to American Idol Extra the night Matt went home, and I got to meet him and I got his autograph, a hug, and a kiss on the cheek! I first fell in love with Matt at his audition when he sang Gavin Degraw. I can't wait to talk to everyone here and meet so many Matty fans!! Very Happy
i was so glad when i saw ur post. I thought to myself finally someone myy agee!! i like ur pic by theway. its preety
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Thu May 14, 2009 11:43 pm

emilyvictoriaa27 wrote:

YAY Emily! Good to see you here! Smile

We will never be able to get over our Matt addiction now! I am so glad, though. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
happy37

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Thu May 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Hi there! I am Nina. I am 28 years old and a social worker(I noticed there is a few of us on here).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 9:54 am

Hi all you Matty G "Girl Friends". Thank you TheRealLife and PeaceHope for inviting me to these boards. I am an oldie but goody! I live north of Atlanta, Georgia. But I am originally from Louisisana where I gradutated from LSU. I have been married for 20 years and I have three children. My son is almost 20! My daughter is 16 and my baby - he is a big American Idol fan is 10. He and I watch Idol religiously every week - since the auditions. He is a big Adam fan. And me - yes, I'm all about Matt Giraud! I listen to Matt so much I catch my little one singing his songs while he is bathing, playing play station, whatever he is doing. Matt's music just kind of gets stuck in your mind, body and soul like that.

I think I began to notice Matt during Hollywood week when he sang Georgia and the judges gave him a standing ovation. I secretly was pulling for him when he sang Viva La Vida and that is the first night my fingers dialed Matt's number...unfortunately Kris Allen made it into top 13 - after singing Man in the Mirror - yuck! So then Matt got his second shot from the judges with "Who's Loving You:" - OMG I can't get enough of that song. As each week went by I fell more and more in love with Matt's music and his talent.
Currently, Matt's songs from Idol and his pre-ido song "I'm Sorry" are like all i listen to as I'm sitting here at the computer or while I'm cleaning house, riding in the car, walking 3 miles,,,,you name it..if there is any spare time I'm listening to Matt.

The thing that impresses me about Matt the most is the fact that he started playing the piano at 18 and is self-taught...now that's what I call having the music in you! I love his voice. I find it so rich, soulful and smoothing. I like to watch him dance. I'm kind of addicted to watching him perform in the group song "Shake Your Body Down to the Ground"...."Part Time Lover"....."Stayin' Alive" and "Let's Get It On"...but i really love to watch him play his piano on "So Small" and "Human Nature"....in those two performances you can see how much he loves that piano and making sweet music!

Okay, so I have to sign off now...life is calling me. My time on here is limited. If I had it my way I'd sit her all day and all night, but alas, I cannot. Anyway...My name is Tigersrno1 and I'm a Mattaholic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emilyvictoriaa27

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 10:19 am

lymon15 wrote:
emilyvictoriaa27 wrote:
i was so glad when i saw ur post. I thought to myself finally someone myy agee!! i like ur pic by theway. its preety

Thank you! Yay that's so cool we're the same age Smile

Hey Cacity! We are going to have so much fun here! I can't wait Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
megryan67

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 10:31 am

tigersrno1 wrote:
Hi all you Matty G "Girl Friends". Thank you TheRealLife and PeaceHope for inviting me to these boards. I am an oldie but goody! I live north of Atlanta, Georgia. But I am originally from Louisisana where I gradutated from LSU. I have been married for 20 years and I have three children. My son is almost 20! My daughter is 16 and my baby - he is a big American Idol fan is 10. He and I watch Idol religiously every week - since the auditions. He is a big Adam fan. And me - yes, I'm all about Matt Giraud! I listen to Matt so much I catch my little one singing his songs while he is bathing, playing play station, whatever he is doing. Matt's music just kind of gets stuck in your mind, body and soul like that.

I think I began to notice Matt during Hollywood week when he sang Georgia and the judges gave him a standing ovation. I secretly was pulling for him when he sang Viva La Vida and that is the first night my fingers dialed Matt's number...unfortunately Kris Allen made it into top 13 - after singing Man in the Mirror - yuck! So then Matt got his second shot from the judges with "Who's Loving You:" - OMG I can't get enough of that song. As each week went by I fell more and more in love with Matt's music and his talent.
Currently, Matt's songs from Idol and his pre-ido song "I'm Sorry" are like all i listen to as I'm sitting here at the computer or while I'm cleaning house, riding in the car, walking 3 miles,,,,you name it..if there is any spare time I'm listening to Matt.

The thing that impresses me about Matt the most is the fact that he started playing the piano at 18 and is self-taught...now that's what I call having the music in you! I love his voice. I find it so rich, soulful and smoothing. I like to watch him dance. I'm kind of addicted to watching him perform in the group song "Shake Your Body Down to the Ground"...."Part Time Lover"....."Stayin' Alive" and "Let's Get It On"...but i really love to watch him play his piano on "So Small" and "Human Nature"....in those two performances you can see how much he loves that piano and making sweet music!

Okay, so I have to sign off now...life is calling me. My time on here is limited. If I had it my way I'd sit her all day and all night, but alas, I cannot. Anyway...My name is Tigersrno1 and I'm a Mattaholic!

You sound like me, except I love his pre-AI songs, "Too Many NIghts" and So You. I listen while cleaning, on the computer ,driving, walking, cooking, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hockeyidolfan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 11:31 am

emilyvictoriaa27 wrote:
Wow!! what a great night to have been on Idol extra! That is so cool, and I am so jealous.. you're very lucky! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smk1379

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 1:56 pm

H I am Shannon I foud this place through http://matt-giraud.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaciecuse

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 3:45 pm

be11s wrote:
kaciecuse wrote:
HEY HEY HEY EVERYBODY! it's Kacie here aka BLAKEisMINE from the AI boards!

for those of you that don't know much about me... i am 18, i live in Syracuse NY AND I FRIGGEN LOVE MATT GIRAUD! i am an official bad girl and i am proud of it! NUMBA 20 in the house! i've been a fan of Matt's since hollywood week but wasn't officially part of the giraud squad until the week after so small =] haha i'm so glad i got on board when i did! you guys are all really fun to talk to and i can't wait to see what kind of terrific discussions we have on here! WOOO!

okay, sorry, that just made me laugh.

Get. On. Board.

the end.

haha yes i fully meant to put that there lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lengski

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Hello everyone! This is Lengski from the American Idol website, hence Lengski here too! My nickname is Leng (so you guys can call me that too!), and I am 17 years old. I currently work part time at a Sears branch (I'm heading there in about an hour... oh dear Mad ), and I am also a high school student (firgures... hehe ^__^). I am from the Philippines, currently living in Canada.

I promised myself to stay away from the Matt forums for at least a week until the finals because I've got major studying to do, but I just saw a message from peacehope in my e-mail regarding the new forum site.... I tried to resist clicking on it, but oooh Mad, the mouse just went and clicked on it anyway (I swear, I didn't have anything to do with it)! And now, I find myself here typing away, (because the Matt bug is so contagious...) editing my profiles, and combing the forums to satisfy my Matty hunger.

Ah...

Anyway, you guys are one of the best groups I've ever been involved with! All the Matt Giraud love is so endearing, and it actually makes me feel like a part of something. You know, unlike those other forums where they sort of treat you like an outsider? This place is so awesome! So much dedication, passion and devotion to our American Idol winner of season 8. Ah, and props to the people who spent their time making this forum (I gotta go back and check the names, because there's so many people here already, and it just keeps slipping my mind!) But you know who you are! Thankies!

Like so many, this is actually my first time being so invested in a contestant. I've watched the show for seven years, and I was never this obsessed about any of them until Matt came along. Gee, he's just such a special guy, isn't he?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 5:29 pm

megryan67 wrote:
Hi fellow Matt lovers!

I'm a young 41 year old groupie. I fell in love with Matt's artistry the first time he played Georgia on my Mind, Hollywood week. I voted for him non stop after that.
I have never been so involved in American Idol as much as this season, and only because of Matt. I miss hearing and seeing him so much on Tuesday nights. My twin girls love him also. Their b-day is a few days after Matt's. They think that is so cool. My favorites are "So Small", "Part-time Lover", and "Lets get it on". Of course I like all of them. I can't wait to see him in Charlotte in August on the tour.
Matt~~ sending you love from SC!

What a relief! I thought I was the only 41 year old feeling this way :-) I live in Copenhagen, Denmark and I have been following AI online (youtube, facebook, AI.com) since we are way behind showing the AI shows in Denmark - tomorrow they are airing the top 7 show..... !I actually noticed him during his audition and found my self nuts for his fabulous, husky, sexy voice. I think he is an incredible talented singer and I predict he will do amazingly :-)
I am a working mother of 4, so there is not that much time for me to dive into the Matt universe - but I have downloaded his songs and I love, love Part time lover and Funny valentine and lets get it on. He is on my ipod when going to work and when I hit the park for a run:-) Nice!
So for obvious reasons I will not attend any concerts but wish you all the best of time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 6:22 pm

I have to add that I have an iphone and can't get the American Idol ringtones on there but could get Matt's previous music - so I have "I Wanna Move". I let it ring as long as I can before answering! I love this song!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Hallo there! This is my nth attempt to post here. I hope this one doesn't disappear!

I'm an avid supporter of Matt since he sang Georgia! I was worried for him during Viva la Vida but was confident he'd be picked as wildcard. I got deeply hooked when he performed Human Nature, oh so dreamy!!!, and started voting 2 hours for him, first on one phone then 2 then 3! I love all his performances and studios! I love that he's so versatile and has varied taste in music! I love you I learned piano for years but still can't play it well, so I'm extremely amazed at Matt's piano skills!

I'm Mattyfan on the AI forums. I'm 35 with 2 young boys (we're all AI fans), my name's Tessa. This is the first time I've gotten invested in a contestant in the 7 years I've watched the show. I'm also a big Michael Johns fan, though I never voted for anyone like I did for Matt. Matt always got me worried when it came to votes, heheh!

I'm hoping we get to see Matt perform solo or with a celebrity on the finale. I'm suffereing from MAJOR Matt withdrawal. Grateful to have this Forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 8:06 pm

this forum was a GREAT idea... can't stop and get away from the computer...

anyway I'm Kayla (fruity_pebbles87 on AI) dropped the fruity... pebbles is my nickname cuz I've got red hair (nobody knows its bottle red! Laughing ) I'm 21... 22 in July. I'm originally from St. Louis but have been attending Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL for the last 4 years... just graduated so I'm SUPER excited to get back to the city....

umm why I got into Matt?? hmm, why didn't I? haha well, he's great, humble, sexy, funny, etc. etc. etc.... I don't watch the audition/Hollywood rounds of the show so I didn't get to see "Georgia" on tv Mad soo I started lovin Matt during the WC round... and then became OBSESSED when he sang my favorite MJ song... i'm in way deep... but it's ok!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattallifan064life

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 15, 2009 11:53 pm

hi guys! im Kia and im bananaidolfan06 on americanidol.com i have ben a fan of matt from da beginnin! he was always 1 of my picks 4 top 13 but became my most fav when he performed so small country wk! it was very hard when matt lost but i know he will make an album that i hope all of us promise to buy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paigeturner

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 16, 2009 12:10 am

santa

Last edited by paigeturner on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holly417

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 am

pebbles87 wrote:
this forum was a GREAT idea... can't stop and get away from the computer...

anyway I'm Kayla (fruity_pebbles87 on AI) dropped the fruity... pebbles is my nickname cuz I've got red hair (nobody knows its bottle red! Laughing ) I'm 21... 22 in July. I'm originally from St. Louis but have been attending Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL for the last 4 years... just graduated so I'm SUPER excited to get back to the city....

wooohooo I love St. Louis! Go Cardinals!!!!

My dad used to live there.. i pretty much spend half my summer every year at Busch Stadium!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next