HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 

Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 16, 2009 3:09 am

Holly417 wrote:
pebbles87 wrote:
this forum was a GREAT idea... can't stop and get away from the computer...

anyway I'm Kayla (fruity_pebbles87 on AI) dropped the fruity... pebbles is my nickname cuz I've got red hair (nobody knows its bottle red! Laughing ) I'm 21... 22 in July. I'm originally from St. Louis but have been attending Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL for the last 4 years... just graduated so I'm SUPER excited to get back to the city....

wooohooo I love St. Louis! Go Cardinals!!!!

My dad used to live there.. i pretty much spend half my summer every year at Busch Stadium!

ahhhhhh!!! omg will you be my bff!! haha, I'm the HUGEST Cardinals fan!!!!! they're pretty much my life!!! if only Matt would don a Cardinals uniform and play 3rd base, I'd be SET FOR LIFE!! haha Shocked Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holly417

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 16, 2009 3:25 am

pebbles87 wrote:
Holly417 wrote:
pebbles87 wrote:
this forum was a GREAT idea... can't stop and get away from the computer...

anyway I'm Kayla (fruity_pebbles87 on AI) dropped the fruity... pebbles is my nickname cuz I've got red hair (nobody knows its bottle red! Laughing ) I'm 21... 22 in July. I'm originally from St. Louis but have been attending Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL for the last 4 years... just graduated so I'm SUPER excited to get back to the city....

wooohooo I love St. Louis! Go Cardinals!!!!

My dad used to live there.. i pretty much spend half my summer every year at Busch Stadium!

ahhhhhh!!! omg will you be my bff!! haha, I'm the HUGEST Cardinals fan!!!!! they're pretty much my life!!! if only Matt would don a Cardinals uniform and play 3rd base, I'd be SET FOR LIFE!! haha Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

LOL.. its good to hear you were a Cards fan cuz i was worried when you said you went to Southen Illinois that you might be a Cubs fan... speaking of that... i have seen a picture of Matt in a Cubs hat, it broke my heart! Sad

EDIT: oh i found it! figured i would post! Hope it dont make you love him any less lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 16, 2009 3:40 am

Oh yeah cub fans are swarming like flies down here its crazy town... ive never actually lived with anybody but cubs fans i apparently like to torture myself.... and i guess we're just gonna have to change matt's mind on this cub hat thing huh? haha Oh dear lord look at him Golly soo hot! see what hes doin to me... i said someone wearing a cub hat was hot! i never thought id see the day

Last edited by pebbles87 on Sat May 16, 2009 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holly417

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 16, 2009 3:42 am

pebbles87 wrote:
Oh yeah cub fans are swarming like flies down here its crazy town... ive never actually lived with anybody but cubs fans i apparently like to torture myself.... and i guess we're just gonna have to change matt's mind on this cub hat thing huh? haha

haha yes! I will have to give him a Cardinals hat the night of the tour!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 16, 2009 5:01 am

Holly417 wrote:
pebbles87 wrote:
Oh yeah cub fans are swarming like flies down here its crazy town... ive never actually lived with anybody but cubs fans i apparently like to torture myself.... and i guess we're just gonna have to change matt's mind on this cub hat thing huh? haha
haha yes! I will have to give him a Cardinals hat the night of the tour!
ahhh yeah thats a good idea... he looks good even in cubs hats lordy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luvs

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 16, 2009 6:45 am

Hi all ! this is Luvsyesha from AI boards.

Yayy! So happy for this new place! Feels like home! =]

Anyway, my name is Anggie but my account name here is Luvs, just to keep it relating. So just call me whatever you wanna call me.

And because there's no my purple color ='[, so i use my other fav color, olive for my font! lol =P

Im 23 years old from Indonesia. Im studying at architecture and learning for music. My passion for both of them. So yeaaaa !!! =D

I fell in love with Matt since "Georgia On My Mind". There's something that moved me from that performance that i knew it's very special.

Yea, that PASSIONNNNN !!! What an AMAZING WONDERFUL Matt Giraud! sunny

So glad to be part of you and Matt lovers. I love you

~ luvs ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cindyt

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi there,

My name is Cindy, and I am just so happy to see that there are so many other Matt Giraud fans out there! I have liked him from the beginning. He takes you to where he is when he sings. Especially when he is at the piano! He has such a likable personality, and I think he is so talented. I was very sad, when he was voted off. But, he has taken it with such style and grace, and confidence. I will follow his career, and buy any cd he comes out with. It's funny, you feel like you know him after watching him all of these weeks. I've been watching all of his interviews, and each one has me respecting him more. I am planning on attending the Idols tour in NJ, and can't wait to see him live! I l know Jamie Fox and one of the producers of Idol were big fans of his, so I'm hoping they will sign him right after his tour is over. I would love to see him in a small venue before he becomes too famous!!! I can't wait for that to happen for him!!! Thank you all for putting up all the interviews and articles etc. I am loving them all!!! :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elicious

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 16, 2009 11:57 pm

hey all. This is Ellie here, ehearts from AI forum. Feel so happy to be here, I love our new home and I love Matt Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jexter

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sun May 17, 2009 12:32 am

Hi All!

I'm a huge Matt fan but there isn't just one thing I can say about him that would explain why I like him. It's a combination of everything, i.e. skill, looks, personality, etc.

I'm especially attracted to fact that his is extremely humble despite being so gifted musically.

Also, while I certainly respect his skill at the piano, I really like Matt's voice. He may not be a powerhouse like Adam, but I LOVE the tone of his voice. There is something about it that works for me.

I used to crush on David Cassidy back in the day. Yeah, he was gorgeous too, BUT, what I loved most about him was the tone of his voice. Matt does the same thing for me now that David Cassidy did back then.

And it's kind of cougarish for me to say (not that I'm a cougar, but I'm in that age-range), Matt is pretty damn hot. He was simply drop-dead gorgeous in the very last Ford video he was in.

Matt's got the full package....I really hope he manages to develop a successful career in music from all of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
escapes

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sun May 17, 2009 6:53 pm

So I'm terrible at introductory type things because I never know what to say... I'm Judy, I'm 19 years old and I live in Colorado. I don't really post anywhere, I found this place lurking the AI boards.

I love Matt because I think he's a cool, funny guy and I'm blown away by his talent. That's about it. Hi!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eze

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sun May 17, 2009 7:01 pm

Its me, ezefan1990 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wordnerdlover

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sun May 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Hello I'm Kim. I am also wordnerdlover on the AI boards. I am from Michigan. My uncle sorta knows Matt. He has partied with him and seen him perform (before Idol) MANY times. I don't just like Matt because he is a fellow Michigander, but because he is a sexy man and has a voice that makes you want to fall in love. He could be from anywhere else in the US and he would still be my favorite. It kinda pisses me off when people tell me that I only like Matt because he is from Michigan. (Sorry about this I just needed to get it off my chest.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poisnivy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sun May 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Eze wrote:
Its me, ezefan1990 Smile

eze!! hey!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eze

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 am

poisnivy wrote:
Eze wrote:
Its me, ezefan1990 Smile

eze!! hey!! Smile

there's a face i know Smile
hows it goin?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brandy1

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Mon May 18, 2009 7:38 am

Eze wrote:
Its me, ezefan1990 Smile
Hey Eze!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Mon May 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Hello,
my name is Saara,I live in Helsinki, Finland, Scandinavia.Im a production designer and mother of 2 boys.Hobbies;reading (Scandinavian detective stories ,American epic novels),swimming,cycling,music.
I dont remember when I was hooked,it was the audition that did it. I felt Matt was totally breath of fresh air in the Idol world and
his voice is so unique and mesmerizing and the passion for piano. bom
I am a distant lover, and at the moment quite sensible with my addiction.Cant wait to buy his music.

Last edited by cranberry on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cori

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Wed May 20, 2009 2:15 am

Hey guys..just like my name, I'm Cori.. was Corigirl over on the idol forums so most of you should know me. I'm married and I have two little boys. Um, nothing much to tell really.

I came to love Matt when he first auditioned..told my hubby he was the one I'd be watching out for this season..very impressed with him from the get go. Then he sang with his White Chocolate group, and of course Georgia and by then I was hooked. I'm in awe of Matt's talent. He has never disappointed me and I look forward to getting that first CD. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BostonGirl18

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Wed May 20, 2009 8:09 am

Hey Everyone

My name is Mallory. I'm 21 years old and work as a customer service representative.

I loved Matt when he first auditioned ... but after he sang "Georgia On My Mind" I fell in love with a truly remarkable man. I'm so glad they saved him when he was almost voted off because I feel that he didn't deserve to leave yet. I can't wait to see what his music career will bring to us and I am looking forward to the tour this summer! I can't wait to see him perform live! I hope he sings "Georgia" and "Let's Get It On" on the tour. I would just die!

<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Wed May 20, 2009 10:54 am

Cori wrote:
Hey guys..just like my name, I'm Cori.. was Corigirl over on the idol forums so most of you should know me. I'm married and I have two little boys. Um, nothing much to tell really.

I came to love Matt when he first auditioned..told my hubby he was the one I'd be watching out for this season..very impressed with him from the get go. Then he sang with his White Chocolate group, and of course Georgia and by then I was hooked. I'm in awe of Matt's talent. He has never disappointed me and I look forward to getting that first CD. Very Happy
Cori!! There you are! I've missed you!

I know you are probably getting back to "real life.." but just know you are missed. We still do chat by the way. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
MrsGiraud

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Fri May 22, 2009 6:54 pm

Hey everybody my name's Jamie! I'm 16 (yeah I know I'm young lol) and I absolutely LOVE Matt. Ugh I love his voice, his style, and most importantly his looks....whooo that boy is fine! Well that's about it, I look foward to meeting everybody and start posting Smile

Oh I have an account on the idol forums too - matt_meganluv
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
jamerce

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 23, 2009 12:10 am

Hi!
My name is Julia and I am 39! I am from Sturgis, Mi which is one hour from Kalamazoo!
I am a cashier at Wal-Mart and I am mostly a Country Music fan but Matt is one of the few non country artists that I do like!
I first noticed Matt during the auditions when I found out that he is from Kalamazoo and when I heard him sang Georgia I noticed him even more cause Georgia is one of my favorite classic songs by Ray Charles and then I read some articles about him in the Kalamazoo Gazette and actually found that both Matt and I do have few things in common!
Besides being from Michigan, we both are Ray Charles fans and I was born on Ray Charles's Birthday, we both are fans of Shania Twain and Carrie Underwood!
Matt did say that Carrie is one of his favorite idols and I will say she is my all time favorite idol!
When Matt came back to Michigan he said on the local news that he was going to get something to eat at Taco Bell and yes sometimes I do eat at Taco Bell!
When I heard on the news that Matt had recored two cds before he was on idol and heard that you could them at amazon I went there and ordered his second cd Body Mind Soul but his first cd was sold out and last time I checked it still is! Well, anyway I got Matt's cd in my car and I have been listening to it! In my opinion he sings like Matt and doesn't sound like anybody else I will say his cd does have a Kid Rock kind of vibe to it! I have read that Matt does listen to all kinds of music but I do wonder he ever have listen to Kid Rock?
I will also say that Matt is very talented, has a good sense of humor and way too good for idol anyway!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/michigan_countrygirl
slick7

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 23, 2009 10:47 am

Hey everyone! Nice to meet ya'll! Very Happy I'm Chrissy aka slick7 from the AI boards. I'm 27, from NYC and I work in entertainment.

I don't usually watch AI, so I didn't see any of Matt's audition performances until later and online, but reluctantly fell for him during his wildcard performance of WLY. I thought it was incredible, and I stuck around to make sure he made it through.

But my disdain for AI ran so deep that I STILL didn't care enough to watch the show the following week. I figured if a guy with that much talent had to come through via wildcard in the first place, America would probably send him packing relatively quickly for some odd reason or another and I wasn't going to waste my time getting involved. But while channel surfing, I caught a bit of his Human Nature performance and I was hooked. THEN I checked out his first audition, his group performance and Georgia and was completely blown away in every way and went all in.

I joined the AI forum (something I never ever thought I would even think about doing) the night he was in the bottom 2 after LGIO because I was totally P-I-S-S-E-D about it and needed to vent as it was unfolding. Thankfully, of course, he made it through, and before I knew it I was posting on the boards all the time, changing my plans to revolve
around watching AI, eating virtually nothing on Tues/Wednesdays b/c I was so excited and nervous, voting for two hours straight like a crazy person...I never saw it coming...and it was/is absolutely worth it to see him achieve his dreams. He has an amazing gift for music and I look forward to supporting him as he continues his musical journey and begins his amazing career.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lumma

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Thank god I found this site. I've been wondering where in the world everybody disappeared to and feeling so lonely and empty.

Hi ladies, my name is Lumma, so glad to join you here.

To be frank, I didn't remember much about Matt from his audition. The first moment he caught my ears was Georgia on my mind. I was instantly blown away after watching him sing that song. It was the single most awesome performance I've seen from all 8 seasns of the show. I went back to watch his group singing and his audition, then said 'I found my pick for winner this year'.

Still to date, his Georgia on my mind haunts me, it gives me the feeling that I can't even explain. Sad,, and nostalgic,, are probably the closest words I could think of. And those feelings are mostly how I feel about Matt. I don't know why but whether he's dancing, laughing or joking around, there's always something about him that makes me get all teared up for no good reason. Just so so special. I find some Bagdad Cafe, out of roseheim or 'Tom Waits', 'Glenn Gould'-ish quality in him. OK I'm starting to make no sense so I better stop right here.

Oh right now, there's nothing I want more than to see him succceed, mega hit or grammy win I don't care, I just want him to succeed in whatever way he wants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
megryan67

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 23, 2009 9:32 pm

lumma wrote:
Thank god I found this site. I've been wondering where in the world everybody disappeared to and feeling so lonely and empty.

To be frank, I didn't remember much about Matt from his audition. The first moment he caught my ears was Georgia on my mind. I was instantly blown away after watching him sing that song. It was the single most awesome performance I've seen from all 8 seasns of the show. I went back to watch his group singing and his audition, then said 'I found my pick for winner this year'.

Still to date, his Georgia on my mind haunts me, it gives me the feeling that I can't even explain. Sad,, and nostalgic,, are probably the closest words I could think of. And those feelings are mostly how I feel about Matt. I don't know why but whether he's dancing, laughing or joking around, there's always something about him that makes me get all teared up for no good reason. Just so so special. I find some Bagdad Cafe, out of roseheim or 'Tom Waits', 'Glenn Gould'-ish quality in him. OK I'm starting to make no sense so I better stop right here.

Oh right now, there's nothing I want more than to see him succceed, mega hit or grammy win I don't care, I just want him to succeed in whatever way he wants.

You sound so much like me. I don't know what it is???? He must be destined for this. I feel very strongly about this .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   Sat May 23, 2009 9:55 pm

lumma wrote:

This was me. I forgot all about him and then I saw him sing Georgia and I was like who in the hell is that guy and where did he come from...LOL!

twitter: @JennaSG

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?   

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself and tell us why you came to love Matt?
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next