Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Matt and Scott performing on Idol!

Go down 
+10
cranberry
mch
csprof
OvenMitt
mattyg93
pasnthru
hazuki
mattyfan
crys7
Jenna
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Matt and Scott performing on Idol! Empty
PostSubject: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Matt performing on Idol next week on Thursday with Scott MacIntyre.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2010/03/scott-macintyre-talks-about-next-weeks-duet-with-matt-giraud-says-season-9-not-as-clearly-defined-.html
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:00 am

Yay! I'm excited to see him on the show again! Especially since I can't get to MI. Sad
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:28 am

Oh, it's quite disappointing that Matt won't be singing his own song. Sad Of course, we'll take what we can!
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:35 am

Its dissapointing that It's not a solo, but the duet was good on tour..so yay!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:02 am

I am totally bummed about this news. A duet with Scotty was the one thing I didn't want. Why do they have to be continually tied together??? Matt has so moved beyond this and now millions of people will see this and link them together again.

I'm really happy to see Matt perform....but I'm sorry...this gags me and doesn't in any way make up for the shaft at last year's finale...to me it makes it worse. AAAARRRGGGGHHHH Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:04 pm

I agree, pasnthru. I guess I'm not done venting either. Aarrggh. Matt needs to sing his own solo song on AI!! Last year, they had Michael Johns and Carly redo their finale duet. I thought it was a complete waste of TV opportunity. I don't think it helped their solo careers at all. I was hoping Matt could have his solo moment, the way Brooke White did last year, but maybe that's because Randy pulled strings for her since he produced her album. It seems the solo appearances are reserved for the TPTB's favorites (top 4),. ugggh. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:53 pm

I know!
I was so excited to watch him perform on the Idol stage but this duet with Scott is the worst exposure.
Scott apparently is going to sing his single and now Matt only is his supporting act? That sucks. Sorry but is the truth..

Come on Matt finished higher than him 5th! Scott was 8th...
Something is really wrong in this world.
Matt needs now more than ever a break, and this was a great chance to expose his new music to millions of people. And now he only gets to do a cover of ¨Tell Her About It¨with Scott...

Grrrrrrr. I am so mad.. I just pray he gets signed one day... I feel so bad for him. Evil or Very Mad No
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Wait, so Scott sings a solo too? Evil or Very Mad

If I want a duet, I want it to be with Anna Wilson.
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Hmmm. The comments here are not what I was expecting to find. I think this is a pretty good thing for Matt. Not only will he look great compared to the awful batch of guys from this season, but performing with Scott will also show who’s shining on that stage….by a long shot. I’ll take this as a positive thing.
I also wish that Matt was performing his own music, but since I can’t go to Michigan to see him perform, I’ll take what I can get. I can't get too upset about Matt performing with Scott. I mean, as of now, Matt really doesn’t have anything to promote, other than YDKM, but it’s actually Anna Wilson’s song, so I don’t think he’d just go on Idol to perform that. I just hope that when he releases his EP that he gets a chance to promote like Scott does.
Hopefully, if those label meetings went well the other day, Matt will have some hit music out soon enough and rip that stage (and that white piano) to pieces.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Mixed feelings about this one.

Sure, it's great that Matt will get some exposure from this, great that TPTB invited him back.

BAD that he's playing second banana to a lesser talent. BAD that that lesser talent gets to perform original material (that, by the way, I find to be horrendous) while Matt has to just do another cover.

But ya know? It could be worse. He could never be invited back at all. Many Idol finalists are never afforded the opportunity. It's definitely disappointing for me because I know Matt could be showcased far better than this, but I have to believe that his moment will come. Also, lest we forget, Matt is currently involved in a national advertising campaign. That's nothing to scoff at, even if it seems a little silly. A major company thought Matt would be a good spokeperson to promote their product! How many people get that honor? I usually view through rose-colored glasses when it comes to Matt, so I think that all and all this is simply another stepping stone, another checkpoint on Matt's path to success.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Matt on AI   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:41 pm

My feeling is that any exposure for Matt in front of millions of people is a good opportunity. He was a popular contestant last year, and I'm pretty sure he is going to kill his performance. People are going to be happy to see him, and he'll get good buzz. I bet his single will get the sales boost that Kris, Allison and Danny have seen with their appearances. Meanwhile, he'll probably get an opportunity to make good connections and catch up. He hasn't talked to Kara since AI. :-)

I'm actually really excited by Matt's positive tweet on Wednesday about his label meeting. I'm sure he has had label meetings before, but this is the first time he has ever mentioned it. And then he followed up with the gushing thanks and love for his fans, which made me think that he is feeling pretty confident. So I'm hoping we'll be hearing some great news from him soon, and this whole AI appearance issue will no longer be very important.
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:20 pm

I too am really excited about Matt's label meetings and so happy that it seems he's finally on his way to releasing some music. I don't agree however that all exposure is automatically a good thing. Rehashing the same performance that was done to death all summer long and has been on youtube forever just seems sad. The audience that will be watching this time will most likely have watched last season and followed the summer tour, and will think he's not moved forward at all.

In reality, his duet with Anna is worlds away from last summer. I have tried to convince so many people, who aren't fans, how amazing YDKM is and how they need to give him a second look and now this is what they'll be seeing....again. In my opinion AI will benefit more from this than Matt will.

I have always kept a positive attitude about Matt and believe with all my heart that he'll be a success in this industry, but I honestly don't feel this is the best thing for him.

P.S. If he and Scott wear the same suits and feds from the tour I think I'll scream.
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:23 pm

I am theorizing here, but I just want to put it out there.

I'm wondering if AI is going to have him back later, once his single/EP/album comes out. The fact that Scott is getting to perform his song on the show to promote his upcoming album and single has me thinking that Matt will get the chance to do so too, when his single/EP/album is complete. (Perhaps he is still waiting to see what the record companies are gonna do. He did say in the Brazil interview that he was waiting for the deal so he could get w/ the right producers)

I vaguely remember, but I think that in Scott's blog about the finale (correct me if I'm wrong) that he said he and Matt would get to go back on the show to perform their new music as part of the deal. It just so happens that Scott has his album done first, so he's getting the chance to perform it first. I don't think that there is any way in hell that Matt would just let this opportunity (if it is the only one) to play his originals just pass him by. I think that if this were the only chance that he had, he would be performing his own stuff too.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:20 pm

I can´t believe he´s neither seen or talked to Kara since the show ended last May.

I hate Kara noe more than ever, don´t like her as a jugde or her attitude.
I thought she was one of Matt´s biggest supporters!
She is the A/R head of Warner and never even arranged a label meeting for him?

At least she could have helped Matt get in contact with important people in the business.
I am so mad!Evil or Very Mad
I just hope everything works out for Matt but I am so worried the clock is ticking. To be honest I thought that by know Matt would be signed and his album ready to drop but alas no..

He is so damn talented.. And now Scott is taking his place. Sucks so much..
Scott´s single is so lame and annoying just like him. Sorry but is the truth.

Last edited by mattyg93 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:20 am

I really hope too that Matt will get to go back on Idol and perform his single when the time comes. However, I think it's not likely for an artist to be invited to the show more than once, definitely not in 1 season. I just hope he SHINES on this duet and doesn't forget to plug YDKM. Better yet, maybe he can surprise us all with label news! Twisted Evil

I agree re Kara. She's gotten extremely annoying. She gets pretty condescending to the contestants, too. It's like I wanna slap her and snap her back to reality...seriously, doesn't she know people don't care about her?! Matt has said Paula's the only one who really cared about the contestants.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:52 am

pasnthru wrote:
I too am really excited about Matt's label meetings and so happy that it seems he's finally on his way to releasing some music. I don't agree however that all exposure is automatically a good thing. Rehashing the same performance that was done to death all summer long and has been on youtube forever just seems sad. The audience that will be watching this time will most likely have watched last season and followed the summer tour, and will think he's not moved forward at all.

In reality, his duet with Anna is worlds away from last summer. I have tried to convince so many people, who aren't fans, how amazing YDKM is and how they need to give him a second look and now this is what they'll be seeing....again. In my opinion AI will benefit more from this than Matt will.

I have always kept a positive attitude about Matt and believe with all my heart that he'll be a success in this industry, but I honestly don't feel this is the best thing for him.

P.S. If he and Scott wear the same suits and feds from the tour I think I'll scream.

This is my feelings exactly pasnthru! Who cares if he is getting exposure by singing Tell Her About it with of all people Scott? What is it going to do for him? Nothing IMO but make it appear he hasn't moved on from Idol and began working on his solo career. Most people watching Idol are not going to be aware of what he has been doing since Idol and to make matters worse Scott is performing an original song. IMO this makes Matt look like a supporting act to Scott.

This was a perfect chance for Matt to get his music out to millions and it has been proven that every guest performer has had an increase in sales when they have performed on Idol. What will Matt sell by performing the same old tired number of Tell Her About It? I am very disappointed and angry for Matt and his fans. This is total bullshit and have you heard the pile of garbage Scott is singing? Really that dreck over Matt's amazing music? I am really sick over this. I wouldn't feel so bad if Scott wasn't slated to sing his original music and was just performing Tell Her About It with Matt. It's like a slap in the face. But what can we do?

At first I was disappointed in Matt for even agreeing to do this and I didn't think it was a good decision but basschica made me realize that Matt shouldn't burn his bridges with AI so I am hoping when Matt releases his first single AI will do the right thing and have him on to perform it. I think Matt made the only decision he could so I will support him with this and try to push aside my disappointment and anger and just enjoy seeing him perform.

I have total confidence in Matt and his amazing music. I believe in him and this has just made me realize that I need to step up my support even more. So I guess I will do my best to get over this disappointment and continue to show Matt my support in anyway I can!

Hey Ovenmitt it's great to see you again!
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm extremely disappointed. So Matt's an afterthought to the "great" Scott? They perform a duet and then Matt gets pushed out of the way for Scott's single? Seriously? I think it's beyond insulting. The only good thing I can think of to come out of this is if maybe Matt ends up getting signed he can announce it during the show. There are rumors that he might be signed soon right? I know there's been rumors for forever, but I like the sound of the newest rumors. Anyways, if Scott does his single along with the duet then I'm sure the show will want to talk to Scott about the release of his single and they probably won't even get around to talking to Matt (because two songs and Scott's talking will take up all the time). And that will be an even bigger insult. Just a background singer to the "great" Scott. Mad

And as for Kara. She's drooling all over Casey James on AI this year. I'm sure she'll forget about Casey by the time this season is over also. I guess she has a short memory, and is much more shallow then I thought. I don't see her going to bat for anyone since she seems more interested in drooling over contestants temporarily.
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:48 pm

I´m so excited to see him on that stage! They are doing only their duet! http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/03/american-idol-scott-macintyres-heartstrings-release-date-cover-art.html
Totally random but so fun they can meet the AI crew again. Smile
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:05 pm

God I've been away for a very long time!!!..such a bad fan!!! Sad ...school been sucking life out of me!!!...anyway..Miss you all!!!.....I'm so excited about matt's performance!!!!!
BTW.....Does this season suck or what!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:32 pm

counting the hours...
Back to top Go down
Giraudian#202

Giraudian#202

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Man, I tell ya, they SCHOOLED the contestants! I was watching thinking, "this is how you perform, people!" Exclamation
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/june_bunny91
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:56 pm

So nice to see old posters posting Matt and Scott performing on Idol! Icon_biggrin !

Matt was amazing as always and wow did he not look great? His hair looked incredible...please keep that hair Matt!

Wish he would have been singing alone and one of his amazing songs!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:57 pm

Great article about Matt and Scott!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2010/03/matt-giraud-and-scott-macintyre-reunite-to-tell-her-about-it/1

Quote :
Scott MacIntyre and Matt Giraud bring back their dueling-pianists act with Billy Joel's Tell Her About It. Scott sounds OK, but Matt's tearing it up vocally. I'm hoping for some good piano breaks from these two, and I get it -- some nifty boogie-woogie licks going back and forth between the two of them.

You know, I don't think we've got a male singer in the competition this year that can touch Matt. And he wasn't even the best singer last year.
Scott plugs his new album Heartstrings, out this week. Matt talks about his duet single with Anna Wilson, You Don't Know Me.
That was a nice bit to break the tension, but when we return, we'll be back to the results.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Matt's performance...

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7137479/18582079
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt and Scott performing on Idol!   Matt and Scott performing on Idol! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt and Scott performing on Idol!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next