Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Question of the Week #2 10-16-10

Go down 
+11
FTL14Holley
Christina
MaryM
Anthony
FunnyMonkie
Lisa_M
mattyfan
cranberry
myniko
csprof
Jenna
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 Empty
PostSubject: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:47 pm

The new question of the week is...

What is your favorite lyric from Matt's original music and why is it signficant to you?

You can cheat by reading the lyrics to Matt's songs here...

https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net/what-in-the-world-is-he-singing-f3/

We might not have the lyrics 100% correct but they are pretty close!

I hope to read a lot of answers! I love this question because Matt's music means a lot to me and I love discussing it! I think this can be fun and will help us get to know one another better while discussing Matt's incredible music! Thanks csprof for the great question!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:12 pm

My favorite lyric is from Matt's song "Hold On To You"

Quote :
No one said it’d be easy
There are trials along the way
You gotta keep moving forward
And the dark will fade away
So c’mon pick your head up
Girl, I’m gonna help you find your way
And it all will change

When I first heard this song I was sitting in a concert venue just starring up at Matt in wonder and literally sobbing as I listened to the lyrics! Sometimes you hear a song and you like the beat, melody, or general feel of a song but other times a song's lyrics reaches out to you and touches your heart. This song of Matt's did this for me!

I love the entire song and every word touched me deeply but I choose the lyrics above because these words have been my mantra and saving grace throughout my life... many many times! Whenever I am struggling I tell myself... "Jenna this point in your life will end and you will move onto greater things and it will be ok". This has always helped me get by and literally survive when I felt I couldn't! I felt like Matt was singing to me when I heard this song the first time! You know a song is truly incredible when the words speak to your heart and you feel it is being sung to you! I love this song so much! It is so beautiful and powerful! Matt is an incredible song writer!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:34 pm

I may post multiple times because I love the lyrics of his songs, and the lines Jenna quotes were ones I would consider as #2 or #3 on my list of favorite lyrics. My absolute favorite Matt song is the newly christened "Brand New Day". Smile Here are the lines from that song that I think capture the meaning best:

Quote :

What I need is to move on,
Be strong and find my own way.
Now I've seen the sunset and I've got to believe
In a Brand New Day.

What I love about Matt's music in general is that it always has a positive message even when he is talking about difficult things that happen to everyone. I can't recall very many break up songs that have such a positive message, and I know it will connect with so many people. I have been married forever, so I have to reach way back to remember what it was like to end a relationship. However, I recently left a job after a dozen years and moved my family to a very different part of the country so I could try out a better career/life. It was a really difficult and emotional thing to do but has worked out very well. So, the connection for me to this song was my own new start from a couple years ago.

When Matt sings these lines, I especially love the way he delivers the word "got", full of both determination and desperation.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Awww csprof I got chills reading your answer! I love that Matt's music touches people! He is definitely a genuine artist! The world needs his music!

I always think about how his music is so positive even when it's a difficult topic and I agree that's part of the reason why I love his songs! It's the same for "I'll Hold On To You" The person he is singing about is obviously going through some terrible struggles so the song is sad but then boom he hits you with something uplifting! Matt writes with a lot of emotion and I love that about him! It seems like most music today has no meaning and often sends a terrible message but thank god not Matt's music! I am so proud to be his fan!

Brand New Day is one of my absolute favorites and the part you chose is also one of my favorite lines in the song!

I knew this question would be perfect!
Back to top Go down
raychael

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:00 pm

Quote :

When you’ve got nothin’ left
Nothin’ to hold on to
You feel the weight of the world
And you feel like it’s comin’ down on you
When you’ve lost everything
Nothin’ that matters to you
You’ve lost your hope and your faith
And you fear it’s too late
And there’s nothin’ to do
Well baby hold on to me
And I’ll be the one you need
Well baby hold on to me
I’ll hold on to you

No one said it’d be easy
And it all will change

matt is just a great artist, hes always got great lyrics, and his music always has a way of making you happier. i think that every girl wants a guy that would be there for them and be like there shoulder to cry on like he is. i can relate to this cuz just like every other person i have been thru alot and alot of times i do feel like the 'weight of the world is coming down on me' but for some reason this song always makes me feel like i dont have to worry, and i can push thru and be strong about whatever it is thats hurting me. ya kno?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Oh and I think Brand New Day is a much better representation of the song than You Don't Love Me! I feel You Don't Love Me is misleading and depressing! I feel the song is about hope and new beginnings. Yes there is sadness when breaking up because the other person doesn't love you the way you need to be loved but the song is about so much more than that. At least IMO! Brand New Day sounds so much more hopeful!

LOL thanks Matt for conceding to your fans wishes!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:06 pm

raychael wrote:
Quote :

Nothin’ to hold on to
Nothin’ that matters to you
Well baby hold on to me
Well baby hold on to me
I’ll hold on to you

No one said it’d be easy
And it all will change

matt is just a great artist, hes always got great lyrics, and his music always has a way of making you happier. i think that every girl wants a guy that would be there for them and be like there shoulder to cry on like he is. i can relate to this cuz just like every other person i have been thru alot and alot of times i do feel like the 'weight of the world is coming down on me' but for some reason this song always makes me feel like i dont have to worry, and i can push thru and be strong about whatever it is thats hurting me. ya kno?

Oh that describes the song and Matt's music in general perfectly raychael! I felt the same thing listening to "Hold Onto You"! It's great hearing other people express the same thing!
Back to top Go down
Skyler

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:11 pm

Love this question of the week - it's brilliant!

I feel like so far we've near enough all picked the same song/lyrics and I'm going to do the same and pick lyrics from, 'I'll Hold On To You.'

Quote :
No one said it’d be easy
And it all will change

My reasons for choosing this song is similar to Jenna's - when I first saw the video performance it took my breath away and I felt so emotionally drawn to the song. It's one of those songs, for me anyway, that knocks you for six, every word hits you right in the soul and makes complete sense to you. It's almost as if the song was written for you, as a reminder to carry on through struggles and that's it's okay to have obstacles along the way.

I bolded the lyrics, 'So c'mon pick your head up,' because I feel like it's my mantra when things are going badly or not as you'd like. It's sort of a, 'well we've had your time to wallow in self-pity, so c'mon pick your head up, and start over again.'

Matt is such an incredible song-writer, all his songs have a beautiful positive message and you can tell he writes them from his heart, which is why he's such a great song-writer and musician.

Back to top Go down
myniko

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:16 pm

All of Matts music speaks to me about different times or situations in my life... but this weeks question leads me only to 'Thank you'. I cried when I first heard this song because it reminded me of what I don't do often enough... say Thank you.

"...for every day you pull me through, for all the things that you do. Thank you, Thank you."

This song for me (especially when I sing along with Matt) is a thank you formost to God... then my husband, my daughter, my relatives, my friends, even my loyal, loving dog, Keira and cat Niko... all the people in my life who see me through... who are there for me, who love me, even when I am unlovable.

This song is so awesome it should be #1! Matt sings with such feeling that I get emotional every time I hear it.
'Thank you' could be a song about a lover, a best friend, even a great Thank you to God on Christian radio stations.

"Words, words words"... we need to all find the right words to thank all of those people who see us through. Sometimes a simple reminder to just say, Thank you says it all.

Thank You Matt!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Skyler, wow it's crazy how much that song seems to have affected us! I wonder if Matt knows how much that song means to so many of his fans? It definitely knocked me over when I heard it too!

Myniko Thank You Means alot to me too! My aunt recently passed away and it was very sudden!Not expected at all! Over the years my aunt has supported me quite a bit! She has done so much for me and my son!Of course I always said thank you but you always wonder if the person your thanking knows how much you appreciate them! I hope she knows how much I appreciated everything she did to for me! Matt's song Thank You has come to mean a lot to me since my Aunt's passing espeically these lyrics...

Quote :
I don't want to let another day pass us by without a chance to say
Thank you, Thank you
And I don't think you have a clue for every day you pulled me through
For all the things that you do
Thank you, Thank you

You just never know when it will be too late you know?
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Wonderful question of the week!
And it´s great to have the lyrics thread.

My favorite is If I Say Hallelujah. So strong, intense lyrics. I love the combination of the tender almost lullaby-like melody and powerful lyrics. I also love how visual those lyrics are. Such a sensitive and masculine song.

See You In A Little While makes me cry. It´s so tough to lose somebody and one may feel anger,anxiety.. and here is this song,so beautiful and optimistic and in a way ordinary. This song a big comfort. The next quote is my favorite.
Quote :
Wish you well as you move on
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:14 pm

I LOVE reading all the posts!

It’s so easy to fall in love with Matt’s songs. The lyrics, melody, piano playing and vocals (smooth and rough at different parts) all play together so well that they simply grab me. I’m often left speechless when I hear a new song from him. They’re beautiful, touching, sad, hopeful, fun and all these good things.

A couple of songs that “lyrically” struck me and touched me at first listen were “See You in a Little While” and “Motel”. I just felt the sadness immediately.

“When we have to say goodbye
Fight the tears, darling don't you cry
Not good with these long goodbyes
So I'll see you in a little while.”

These are words you pray you never have to say to your loved ones. (A song that “See You in A Little While” instantly reminded me of was David Cook’s “Permanent”. That song leaves a lump in my throat if not actual tears on every listen. “Oh God is there some way for me to take his place?” I’ve been there and you just pray you never ever have to be again.)

As many of you have pointed out, Matt’s song are often hopeful amidst real, difficult, relatable situations. I recall him saying in earlier interviews that he wants his songs to be a positive influence, like how he was uplifted by songs in his time of difficulty. I’m really glad for that! I don’t think I could like a song (despite wonderful melody and vocals) if the subject matter was “garbage”.

“Motel” is in no way relatable to me personally Laughing, but the whole story just touched me for how awfully sad that situation is. We just want everyone to have a good happy ending.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:26 pm

I seriously absolutely LOVE, LOVE all of Matt's songs so its very hard to pick one in particular (and lyrics) but every since I heard Matt sing Motel I have been madly in love with it (I play it constantly) Smile Every SINGLE time I listen to Motel I get such chills because of Matt's falsetto thru out the WHOLE song..he is an amazing and brilliant singer!!! The song is just soooo sexy!! I love you I love you it!! also I may or may not go back and rewind this part of the song when I listen to it sometimes! Razz

People come and go
I wonder if you're one of those
A beautiful season or lifetime
I don't mind, no I don't mind
I hope these hours linger on
I turn my head and I know you'll be gone
These 4 walls have heard the same sad song
In our motel, in this motel
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Quote :
People come and go
I wonder if you're one of those
A beautiful season or lifetime
I don't mind, no I don't mind
I hope these hours linger on
I turn my head and I know you'll be gone
These 4 walls have heard the same sad song
In our motel, in this motel

Lisa that's my favorite part in Motel too! I agree the song is very sexy! I also agree with mattyfan the story is so sad! One of the things I love most about Matt's song writing is that he tells a story with his lyrics and for me that is very important in a song!

Matty fan I love both See You In A Little While and Permanent by David Cook. Both songs are heart wrenching and beautiful!

Quote :
See You In A Little While makes me cry. It´s so tough to lose somebody and one may feel anger,anxiety.. and here is this song,so beautiful and optimistic and in a way ordinary. This song a big comfort.

Cranberry you described See You In A Little While perfectly except I'd replace ordinary with simple because the lyrics were very simply written. There are no hidden meanings or complexity in the song. Anyone hearing See You In A Little While will be able to identify with it...which IMO makes it brilliantly written! I think the emotion comes in when the music begins playing and Matt starts singing! Matt is a master at telling a story not only lyrically but through his voice, playing, and performing as well! I don't think there was a noise in the room when he performed this in K-zoo a couple of weeks ago. It was a beautiful moment!

Back to top Go down
FunnyMonkie

FunnyMonkie

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:34 am

This is my favorite quote too....and it just so happened Matt performed this song just in time for me to need these lyrics. I literally have been thinking about these lyrics for weeks now... especially about a month ago. Just have to remember things will get better, have to keep looking forward. We can't let anything stop us from going where we want to go, or who we want to be. The dark will fade away. This is easily my favorite Matt G song now...

Jenna wrote:
My favorite lyric is from Matt's song "Hold On To You"

Quote :
No one said it’d be easy
And it all will change

When I first heard this song I was sitting in a concert venue just starring up at Matt in wonder and literally sobbing as I listened to the lyrics! Sometimes you hear a song and you like the beat, melody, or general feel of a song but other times a song's lyrics reaches out to you and touches your heart. This song of Matt's did this for me!

I love the entire song and every word touched me deeply but I choose the lyrics above because these words have been my mantra and saving grace throughout my life... many many times! Whenever I am struggling I tell myself... "Jenna this point in your life will end and you will move onto greater things and it will be ok". This has always helped me get by and literally survive when I felt I couldn't! I felt like Matt was singing to me when I heard this song the first time! You know a song is truly incredible when the words speak to your heart and you feel it is being sung to you! I love this song so much! It is so beautiful and powerful! Matt is an incredible song writer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/_funnymonkie
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:08 am

Jenna wrote:

Cranberry you described See You In A Little While perfectly except I'd replace ordinary with simple because the lyrics were very simply written. There are no hidden meanings or complexity in the song. Anyone hearing See You In A Little While will be able to identify with it...which IMO makes it brilliantly written! I think the emotion comes in when the music begins playing and Matt starts singing! Matt is a master at telling a story not only lyrically but through his voice, playing, and performing as well! I don't think there was a noise in the room when he performed this in K-zoo a couple of weeks ago. It was a beautiful moment!

I agree Jenna, the simplicity of that song is very impressive. The lyrics capture something very profound. I love the positive touch.
Back to top Go down
Anthony

Anthony

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 12:01 pm

I like a lot of his lyrics. Like you guys said he defiantly tells a story through his music.

I got two right now that really stick out to me right now.

I don't wanna let another day
pass us by without a chance to say
thank you, thank you.
And I don't think you have a clue
for everyday you pull me through.
For all of the things that you do, thank you, thank you.

Love, love, love.
I don't always show it
but I hope you know it.
Love, love.
It's what I wish for you
in everything you do
'cause of all that you give me.
Yeah, yeah.

It describes perfectly how I feel. I want to thank the people that are in my life that have been there and have helped me and that will help me in the future but sometimes I feel that I haven't thanked them enough or that I don't show it but I hope that they know that I thank them.

The other song is See You In A Little While:

When we have to say goodbye
Wipe your tears, darling don't you cry
Not good with these long goodbyes
So I'll see you in a little while
So I'll see you in a little while

This one just describes my feelings. I just lost my aunt and grandmother in July not to far apart and it was sudden. Didn't think that was going to happen to both of them so close to each other. It was hard saying goodbye to them but I will one day get the chance to meet up with them again.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reedant
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Anthony, it's so hard losing someone you love and losing two people close together must have been devastating! I'm so sorry for your loss!

It's weird... Matt first sang "See You In A Little While" in K-zoo on a Friday and the following Tuesday I get a call from my cousin telling me that my aunt passed away. "See You In A Little While" has definitely helped me cope with my loss. That night I told my 13 year old son and he played the song over and over! It was heart breaking!
Back to top Go down
MaryM

MaryM

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Times we shared have come and gone
The memories between us will live on
I've come to know that love comes and goes
But it always comes back around
Said it always comes back around

When I first heard Matt sing I'll See You In A Little While, I was literally frozen in my seat and had tears in my eyes. I had a really close friend of mine (ex boyfriend) that passed away 5 years ago and it completely devastated me and turned my whole world upside down. It is still hard for me and I miss him everyday. There have been a few songs since then that have really stopped me in my tracks and had me break down in tears because the words spoke to me and what I was feeling and going through. This was the same for me when I heard I'll See You In A Little While. This one is a little different for me though because it reminds me that I will get to see him again, and that it was not goodbye, just I'll see you in a little while. =) I play this song a lot because although it makes me sad, it also gives me comfort and reminds me that I had someone that special in my life and someday I will get to see him again.

Matt has an incredible gift to write songs that really touch people and that people can relate to. He sings about hope and love and being strong and not giving up. I find so much inspiration and hope when listening to Matt. He is amazing and I am so happy that he is here and that he shares this gift with all of us. I love you

Last edited by MaryM on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Even though I already answered once, I wanted to add another two songs to the discussion with lyrics I really like. First, "Gimme a Break":

Quote :

The universe don't care what plans I've made.
I'm gonna give me a break.
I'm saying goodbye to all of the things, things that I thought I should be.

This is something everyone has to tell themselves. People create such impossible expectations for themselves and don't realize sometimes that there might be a better life that is different from what they've planned if they just let go a little bit. I think this is a great message, and the song is just so bouncy that you have to bob your head while listening to it.

Also, a couple of lines from "I Miss You Tonight". The first is just funny and memorable:

Quote :

I know I said I didn't need you but baby oh baby I lied.

And then the bridge is heartbreaking and so full of desperation:

Quote :

Tell me what I gotta do here to change how this ends. 'Cause I don't want to be without you ever again.

Back to top Go down
cindytom

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:39 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we all feel like this sometimes. This really hit home with me. So many of his songs can move you, but this one in particular does it for me.

Nothin’ to hold on to
Then it won’t matter to you
Well baby hold on to me
Well baby hold on to me
I’ll hold on to you
Well baby hold on to me
I’ll hold on to you
Back to top Go down
mattyg12

PostSubject: I'll Hold on to You   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:44 pm

[quote] No one said it’d be easy

I love all of the lyrics in I'll Hold on to You but these are for sure my favorites. I think all of us need something to pick us up when we are in a dark place and these lyrics always seem to do the work. It's the truth, too. I mean life is a test and we have to keep moving forward because the dark WILL fade away. <3 Thanks to Matt for the amazing lyrics <3
Back to top Go down
Christina

Christina

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:31 am

I'm seriously gonna have to ponder this question before I answer. There are too many beautiful lyrics to choose from and I am someone with such a huge passion for music that almost every song I listen to touches me, inspires me, or totally relates to me in some way. I'm not sure if I will even be able to choose!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/ImKristinaMarie
FTL14Holley

FTL14Holley

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:02 pm

I have been really trying to think about what lyrics have touched me. Matt songs lyrically have been so strong & have been so relatable that it was hard to pin it down. I want to write on every song but Jenna helped me and assigned me "If I Say Hallelujah". LOL I am sure I will have time to discuss every song on this forum. Seriously, I am so glad that I LOVE all his songs. It would break my heart if I wasn't able to enjoy his music. I mean his voice singing anything would keep me as a fan...but as a songwriter he tells a story so beautifully! He is so positive in his story telling too.

"If I Say Hallelujah" is such a spiritual song. I try to be optimistic in my life. God comes first in all I do. When you hear this song it points out the greatest in life. The simple things of children playing, holding hands, being in love...All in all we must live life and try to be in the moment. I believe all that happens to us is for a reason.

I feel every drop of rain
And I say Hallelujah
In the park the children play
And I say Hallelujah
Take my hand, it's gonna be alright
Hallelujah

When Matt performed this at the Taste of Kalamazoo and it started to rain...What a special moment !!!!! I had the biggest smile on my face, tears in my eyes, goosebumps.

Also...

A nameless face, I walk these streets
And I say Hallelujah
No one turns their glance to me
I say Hallelujah

I love these lyrics!!! Makes me think of Matt & how he probably enjoys the freedom of walking the streets and having his time. I feel Matt is not looking for fame in all of this. Small town boy with this great BIG talent ... So happy & proud of him! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:24 pm

csprof wrote:
And then the bridge is heartbreaking and so full of desperation:

Quote :

Tell me what I gotta do here to change how this ends. 'Cause I don't want to be without you ever again.

Those lines stick to me as well! That desperation and helplessness is heartbreaking. Many can probably look back at some time in their lives when this song would be perfect. "I Miss You Tonight" reminds me of certain moments in my life, long past and the feelings forgotten, but the entire feeling relived and wrapped up in this song. That's amazing. Every single line fits. Oh, love games, pride and the desperation that follows! It almost always ends in heartbreak, but we can take some comfort in knowing that too can be survived.

I love these lines as well. I don't know if these are Matt's or Victoria's Laughing but they're just beautiful.:

"The clock on the wall keeps the rhythm of my broken heart.
Oh it's pounding the truth to the point that I can't shut it out..." I love you

It's fun to read all the posts. I hope we see more!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question of the Week #2 10-16-10   Question of the Week #2 10-16-10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question of the Week #2 10-16-10
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next