Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...

Go down 
+2
blakessunshine21
Jenna
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... Empty
PostSubject: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:56 pm

Quote :
Matt’s set will also include Michael Jackson’s “Human Nature.”

Since when? I thought he was singing You Found ME? Call me totally confused! Is he not singing a new song? And why would he need a dance choreographer for Human Nature, You Found Me, or Georgia. Am I missing something here? Did anyone else hear this? Maybe he changed it to honor Michael Jackson? I am gone for a day and I missed this?
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:01 am

Quote :

Here’s what I could find in terms of what has been revealed:

Kris - 5 songs, “Heartless”, “No Boundaries”, “Hey Jude”, one more song he couldn’t get cleared on Idol, one more song he did sing on Idol (I’d bet money on “Aint No Sunshine”). Won’t sing “Falling Slowly”

Adam - 5 songs, Bowie Medley (”Life On Mars”, “Fame”, “Let’s Dance”), “Mad World”, “Starlight”, “Slow Ride” (duet with Allison). Won’t sing “Ring Of Fire”

Danny - 4 songs, “My Wish” … I think I also read “What Hurts The Most” but I can’t find the source

Allison - 4 songs, “Barracuda”, “Cry Baby”, something by Pink, “Slow Ride” (duet with Adam)

Matt - 3 songs, “Georgia”, hinted at doing “You Found Me”

Anoop - 3 songs, “My Prerogative”

Nothing on Lil/Scott

Megan - “Tears Dry On Their Own”

Nothing on Sarver

Ok this fucking pisses me off...sorry for the language. Once again Matt's top five finish doesn't mean a damn thing. Danny and Allison get 4 songs but not Matt. I am really beginning to hate American Idol!

"This is the most talented top five we have ever had"....blah blah blah blah! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
blakessunshine21

blakessunshine21

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:08 am

I'm guessing that HUman Nature is a mistake. I think they are confusing it for the song Matt is going to have on The Idol CD. Because Matt's third song has to be new, right?? I don't know...but I will be disappointed if Matt doesn't pick a new song.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:11 am

Quote :
There was a report that Kris was supposed to do something with Matt and Anoop, but it was scrapped.

Another rumor but if true Matt get's the short end of the stick again. They are also saying over on MJ's that Scott, Michael, and Megan only get 2 songs.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:12 am

Quote :
Kris- 5 solos
Adam- 4 solos and a duet
Danny- 4 solos
Allison- 3 solos and a duet
Matt, Anoop, Lil- 3 solos
Scott, Megan, Michael- 2 solos
Big group number at end

So Anoop, Matt and Lil each get 3 songs?
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:01 am

Yeah, we were all up in arms on Twitter about this. It has to be either a confusion with the CD, or a last-minute MJ tribute thing that will prolly just be for Portland? Hmm....I don't think it's right, although I wouldn't be completely mad if it were true. I mean, Matt did KILL that song, so it would be showing off his strengths.

As for the four songs for Allison thing, technically one's a duet, and what do we expect? She's signed with RCA! Of course she's gonna get pet treatment! I'm not really bothered by it, cause Allison is one of the few I'm looking forward to seeing. I'm more peeved that Gokey gets 4 songs. He just grates my nerves. But that's my problem, I guess. Obviously, millions of others feel differently! Right now, I'm just so stoked that my concert is just over a week away that Matt could sing nursery rhymes on that stage and I'd keel over.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:09 am

P.S.:

If that Kris/Matt/Anoop thing even had any truth, why would they ever actually do it? No way in hell would they put Matt up directly next to Kris. It would be embarassing, and you all know who for.

Also, I really don't understand why people are upset about Matt getting 3 songs. I don't think it's a statement that Matt is less talented than the Top 4, it's just that they were more POPULAR. Popularity and talent level do not go hand in hand in this situation. I honestly feel like this season is akin to Season 5, when all the wrong people got the attention initially, but after the dust settled, the public came to their senses and acknowledged the true talents. Give it time; Matt will receive his props. It may not take as long as we anticipate, either!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:48 am

OvenMitt wrote:
P.S.:

If that Kris/Matt/Anoop thing even had any truth, why would they ever actually do it? No way in hell would they put Matt up directly next to Kris. It would be embarassing, and you all know who for.

Also, I really don't understand why people are upset about Matt getting 3 songs. I don't think it's a statement that Matt is less talented than the Top 4, it's just that they were more POPULAR. Popularity and talent level do not go hand in hand in this situation. I honestly feel like this season is akin to Season 5, when all the wrong people got the attention initially, but after the dust settled, the public came to their senses and acknowledged the true talents. Give it time; Matt will receive his props. It may not take as long as we anticipate, either!

I don't know about anyone else but I'm mad because I don't give a damn about any of the other 9. Besides who says Allison is more popular? She landed in the bottom too many times to count. Really when you think about the whole voting system doesn't mean shit. It's based on whose fanbase can vote the hardest, fastest, and longest. For example Constantine and Chris Daughtry. I can vouch that other than Carrie and Bo Constantine was definitely the most popular Idol on the tour during his season. Yet he went out 6th. At the buses really the only one that mattered was Constantine...and I went to 4 shows! People would stand there chanting for him. It was insane. And Chris ummm yes 5 million records later. I just think Matt deserves as many songs as Allison.

And I'm mad for this sentiment exactly....

Quote :

The top 4 have almost the same number of songs.
TBTB clearly recognize that at least 3 out of their top 4 are extremely talented (Kradison, in case that wasn’t clear)–more so than the rest of the group, as far as I can tell, and they are concentrating more of the concert with those people.

This is what many people will believe. You have the top 4 the middle 3 and then the bottom 3. For me Matt is much better than a middle packer and has more talent in his pinky than either Lil or Anoop and he surely is as talented as the top 4.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:21 am

I'm getting confused with all these spoilers coming out. I don't think that Matt is going to do Human Nature, unless they agreed that the rest of the Idols would be doing a Michael Jackson tribute as well. Matt seemed way too excited about Georgia and YFM, and he said his third song would not be one that he performed on the show. Perhaps the quote referred to AI choosing his HN for the season 8 compilation CD? scratch

Regarding the number of songs per Idol, I thought that only the winner and runner-up get more songs than the rest of the cast. In the past, didn't the #3-10 place contestants get 3 solo songs each? Usually, there are also 2-3 group numbers? But I think that sometimes, the Idols perform a lot in pairs, trios, etc, like in the season 6 tour? Personally, I don't care if Matt gets a duet with Kris/ Anoop/ Scott/ whomever. Neutral I just want him to get his three solo songs, plus we know he's playing the piano on Don't Stop Believin'. Of course, Kris, Adam and Allison will be highlighted during the tour, since they are the only ones signed with 19E. I predict that Matt's Georgia On My Mind will be one of the most popular performances on tour! I love you
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:25 am

Well I have only been to the season 4 concert but that is how it was done. Everyone but Bo and Carrie received 3 songs.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:16 am

All I know is by the time Matt gets to the Cleveland Show on Aug 23rd he better being singing his 3 SOLO songs or I'm gonna be one pissed off girl!!! Evil or Very Mad grrrr...I'm really starting to hate American Idol. I think they have been so disrespectful of Matt... its riduolous! I would be heartbroken if I didnt get to hear him sing 3 solo songs INCLUDING You Found Me..
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:29 am

Maybe you found me is not his 2nd song. Do we know for sure he's singing you found me? Possibly it was just our assumption from his tweet, he never gave firm confirmation after all.
Or, that lady MJ got confused between Matt's track in Idol CD and his tour set.
Human nature was a very good performance wasn't it? Although I'm not sure how it will translate on tour stage....
As far as Allison and others getting more songs, I'm pretty OK, they're probably hoping for pre-release promotion.
However, Gokey? 4 songs HAHA... It's be more fair if they let Kris Allen & Gokey duet instead of giving each one more solos. Neutral
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:48 am

Jenna wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but I'm mad because I don't give a damn about any of the other 9. Besides who says Allison is more popular? She landed in the bottom too many times to count. Really when you think about the whole voting system doesn't mean shit. It's based on whose fanbase can vote the hardest, fastest, and longest. For example Constantine and Chris Daughtry. I can vouch that other than Carrie and Bo Constantine was definitely the most popular Idol on the tour during his season. Yet he went out 6th. At the buses really the only one that mattered was Constantine...and I went to 4 shows! People would stand there chanting for him. It was insane. And Chris ummm yes 5 million records later. I just think Matt deserves as many songs as Allison.

I absolutely agree with you on this Jenna. I don't really care about anyone but Matt. I know I'll be entertained by Allison and Adam, but I bought the tickets to watch Matt perform. I will buy tickets to his solo concerts when they happen, too. And you are right about Allison: she was in the bottom 3 just as many times as Matt was, she just lasted one week longer. But now that she has a recording contract, she's been put into this other category. The "creme de la creme" category, as per 19/Sony's standards, not mine! It's funny how people are worshipping her now after being so indifferent to her during the show. Like I've said before, the American public are a fickle and insatiable bunch.

Anyway, I know that this tour will change things immensely for Matt. everybody has seen what the Top 4 have to offer, and I think that they've pretty much shown their entire hand by now. I highly doubt that Kris is going to bring his act into a whole other stratosphere, or that Adam is suddenly gonna go all introspective and subtle. Allison and Danny are pretty much commited to a certain style of music by their voices, which while very strong and distinct, can also be limiting artistically. So, call me (extremely) biased, but I think Matt has the most room for growth, and the the biggest potential to exceed expectations of the entire group. The entire country will get to see firsthand what the Idol producers, as well as us, his devoted fans, have seen all along. The frustrations we've had about Matt's talents being diminished and underestimated are about to dissolve, because he is going to blow everyone away when he takes that stage.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:14 pm

I also feel the same as you Jenna ..I am ONLY going to this concert to see Matt..I would have never spent $170.00 for anyone else! I think my biggest fear about the Idol tour is that there has ALWAYS been and STILL IS all this freakin "hype" about Adam and i just hope that with all the hype over him that he doesn't end up overshadowing everyone including our Matty just like on the damn Adam Lambert Idol Show every week!! Evil or Very Mad I just know there are alot more Adam fans then Matt fans so that is my concern...I will probably get some comments about this but I'm going to say it anyway...I compare Adam to Brittney Spears..I think everyone knows that Brittney is not the greatest singer of all times but she puts on a good "show" and dresses in her sexy lil outfits and everyone LOVES her..well that is pretty much the way adam is...Yes he can sing better then Brittney but its all about promotion, promotion, promotion and you would still think that HE won Amer Idol the way they KEEP promoting him on everything!! God..it just pisses me off!! Here you have someone who is soooo talented and is just himself...just singing with his "pure voice"..he doesn't have to yell and hit these unbelievable high pitched screaming notes when he sings and wear all these wild outfits..(Adam keeps talking about these AWESOME outfits he will be wearing..who gives a crap!?)..I just can't WAIT until Matt can be BY HIMSELF and do his thing without all the other bullshit..sorry but that's exactly what it is! I'm gonna be there for Matt though and I'm gonna have on my Giraud Squad T-shirt and I'm gonna scream my lungs out for him when he is performing! cheers I don't care if it was only me!!! lol
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:44 pm

CrAzY_4_MattyG wrote:
I also feel the same as you Jenna ..I am ONLY going to this concert to see Matt..I would have never spent $170.00 for anyone else! I think my biggest fear about the Idol tour is that there has ALWAYS been and STILL IS all this freakin "hype" about Adam and i just hope that with all the hype over him that he doesn't end up overshadowing everyone including our Matty just like on the damn Adam Lambert Idol Show every week!! Evil or Very Mad I just know there are alot more Adam fans then Matt fans so that is my concern...I will probably get some comments about this but I'm going to say it anyway...I compare Adam to Brittney Spears..I think everyone knows that Brittney is not the greatest singer of all times but she puts on a good "show" and dresses in her sexy lil outfits and everyone LOVES her..well that is pretty much the way adam is...Yes he can sing better then Brittney but its all about promotion, promotion, promotion and you would still think that HE won Amer Idol the way they KEEP promoting him on everything!! God..it just pisses me off!! Here you have someone who is soooo talented and is just himself...just singing with his "pure voice"..he doesn't have to yell and hit these unbelievable high pitched screaming notes when he sings and wear all these wild outfits..(Adam keeps talking about these AWESOME outfits he will be wearing..who gives a crap!?)..I just can't WAIT until Matt can be BY HIMSELF and do his thing without all the other bullshit..sorry but that's exactly what it is! I'm gonna be there for Matt though and I'm gonna have on my Giraud Squad T-shirt and I'm gonna scream my lungs out for him when he is performing! cheers I don't care if it was only me!!! lol

Okay, I must have alot I need to get out today.

I understand what you are saying about Adam. It started out being about his singing ability, which I will give the guy. He can wail. But now, it's about the drama, the persona, the dirt on Adam, rather than the music. I know that, while there is no music happening, that's bound to occur, but this situation is grating. I feel like it's one big sideshow, what with the blatant promotion of Adam over Kris, the rumors, the gossip. It's quite silly, and it bothers me even more that Adam is lapping it up. I get the sense that he's more fueled by the trappings of fame than by his actual passion for music. He constructed this image, which is probably a form of armor, but I'm really not bowled over by these shenanigans and dramas. It does nothing to pique my interest or garner my respect in an artist. It repels me from them, in fact. I know it's probably all some elaborate scheme to keep the Adam frenzy going strong, but it's so tiresome. I just want to appreciate an artist for their talent, their writing and performing, not for their celebrity connections and personal soap operas. *sigh* I guess I'm in the minority on that, seeing as how everyone is so mesmerized by Adam. Oh well, to each his own.

And, I acknowledge that I, once again, have veered off-topic. Sorry about that. Let's see if I can tie it in somehow: It's only "Human Nature" for people to be curious about a star's life, even if their talent is supposed to be more important. What a "Mad World" we live in. There, back on topic!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:27 pm

hahaha OVENMITT....thank you so much for articulating everything I feel also!..(even though we did veer off topic a bit) Razz ..that was great!! That is exactly what I think about Adam! I guess all we can do is "Keep on Lovin" our boy Matt and keep the faith that he will be just fine! But then again we already know he's fineeeeeeeeeee!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:46 pm

I am so tired of all of the Adam worshipping as well. There are other very talented people on the tour besides the exalted one! Seriously, the guy is talented if you like his style but he is not the next coming of Elvis. IMO he has no musical soul. Nothing with this guy has anything to do with music or musicianship. He is all about the performance. From his outrageous costumes to his fake emotion. You watch going to an Adam concert will be like going to a Brittany or Madonna show. He will have 15 different costume changes and will have 10,000 dancers on stage with him. I guess if you like that kind of thing then he is the man for you but me I go to concerts for the music, the band, and the musicianship. When I choose an artist to support it is because the artist loves music for music sakes not for fame or attention like Adam. Matt is so special and has so much more to offer musically than Adam ever will. Sure Adam will be very successful but really who in 5-10 years will remember him or his music? He is the next gimmick and unlike Matt he fits into all the garbage they call music today. Matt is like all those amazing musicians of yesteryear and today those musicians are legends...Billy Joel, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Segar, etc. I honestly believe Matt's music will last. As long as he doesn't get signed to a label that wants to make him into the next JT. Matt like the musicians mentioned above has so much passion for music and it's like he just has to be surrounded by music and playing it! Will Matt be the next Billy Joel and sell over 150 million CD's no but what musican does that any longer? But I know his music will mean something to him and us and it will be amazing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Well said, Jenna. Matt has the potential for longevity. His is the type of talent that will be able to put out consistantly quality material, and it will transcend whatever musical fads are coexisting with it. I honestly think that our culture is bankrupt, just like our country's finances, to the point where there's nowhere to go but up. There has to be an appreciation for true art growing, after so many years of drivel. I can't bear the thought of more celebutaunts and fluff package "artists" dominating the airwaves. The tipping point must be coming!

And as far as platinum albums, I don't think that title is as significant as it once was. I beautiful, well-crafted album can still garner praise even if it doesn't move the most units. One of my favorite artists, Kelis, released an album in 2006 that was nominated for Best Contemporary R&B Album at the Grammys, yet sold less than 200,000 copies in the U.S. Just one more example of the disparity between what is popular and what is good.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:52 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Well said, Jenna. Matt has the potential for longevity. His is the type of talent that will be able to put out consistantly quality material, and it will transcend whatever musical fads are coexisting with it. I honestly think that our culture is bankrupt, just like our country's finances, to the point where there's nowhere to go but up. There has to be an appreciation for true art growing, after so many years of drivel. I can't bear the thought of more celebutaunts and fluff package "artists" dominating the airwaves. The tipping point must be coming!

And as far as platinum albums, I don't think that title is as significant as it once was. I beautiful, well-crafted album can still garner praise even if it doesn't move the most units. One of my favorite artists, Kelis, released an album in 2006 that was nominated for Best Contemporary R&B Album at the Grammys, yet sold less than 200,000 copies in the U.S. Just one more example of the disparity between what is popular and what is good.

Exactly Ovenmitt! Brillantly stated and ITA with everything! You have to put in you input about what we should engrave on the back of Matt's piano pendant! I'm sure you could come up with something amazing!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:51 pm

Jenna wrote:

Exactly Ovenmitt! Brillantly stated and ITA with everything! You have to put in you input about what we should engrave on the back of Matt's piano pendant! I'm sure you could come up with something amazing!

Well thanks for saying that. I'll give it some thought. How long can the inscription be? I find it hard to be succinct, but am always up for a challenge!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:53 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Well thanks for saying that. I'll give it some thought. How long can the inscription be? I find it hard to be succinct, but am always up for a challenge!

6-7 words only. You can do it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...   Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ummm okay found this song spoiler on MJ...
Page 1 of 1