Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

The Portland Oregon Show!

Go down 
+17
Riley 9
mattyfan
Janizzle
sgr91
lymon15
graciecat
cranberry
cecilie
Lana
Lisa_M
flicker
asianmegan
mero17
lumma
RachIP
mattyg93
Jenna
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
RachIP

RachIP

The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:08 pm

UNBELIEVABLE!! That YT vid of Georgia that Cecilie posted is AWESOME! The audio is really clear! Thanks for sharing, he was just amazing. Perfection.
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:09 pm

cecilie wrote:
OMG - the audio on this youtube vid is amazing - don't know if anybody did upload this - but MAN take a listen lol. Much better than the other one
CHILLS everywhere - he sounds amazing bounce

Thank you cecilie,what an awesome audio!It brought the performance so much closer,my heart is melting. I love you
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:18 pm

Matt! He's super hyper. Laughing

Found at rickey's.
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:24 pm

lumma wrote:
Matt! He's super hyper. Laughing

Found at rickey's.

Thx Lumma Did you guys notice that Kris doesn't handle the crowd as well as Matt? Matt always has energy to give a funny comment, laughs with the fans etc and Kris is close to mr stone face - I'm not biased if anyone was wondering LOL
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Forgive me if this is already posted on here but I was reading some more reviews and ran across this one from a Writer for the Portland Newspaper..some interesting comments and some totally stupid ones! LOL...Like the one about actually enjoying Scott's Singing MORE over Matt's in their Duet!! Wtf..I don't think so dude! Very Happy I thought what he had to say about Danny was interesting but definitely probably true..ughhh..Oh and the last thing he said was about Matt's "Ego" ..hell ya..he should have a BIG EGO because he's the diggity bomb..haha..But no really, Matt doesn't have some huge Ego and that is why he is so dang sweet and wonderful and awesome! I love you

HERE IT IS....

Matt Giraud seemed to have something to prove, and he did that with his set. With a big stardom presence he was the first Idol to really get the crowd on their feet with The Black Crows "Hard to Handle". He then slowed it down a bit with Ray Charles's "Georgia", which came off fairly well, although I really didn't like the arrangement. Surprisingly Giraurd closed with "I Found You" by The Fray, which is odd because during the show the judges specifically indicated that it wasn't the best song for him, and I have to agree.

The medley that followed was okay. Throughout the season the group numbers were never the real strong points. This time around it felt a little choppy and Idol versus Idol. A highlight of the duet was dueling pianos with Scott MacIntyre and Matt Giraud singing Billy Joel's "Tell Her About It". In that match up I enjoyed Scott's performance more.

Of all the performances, I was most disappointed by Danny Gokey. The highlight of his set was "What Hurts the Most" by Rascal Flatts; it was the only point in the set where I felt any genuine passion. Danny Gokey followed the song with an 'inspirational', "you can do anything, don't let adversity get in your way" talk. It just didn't connect, so when he went into Rascal Flatts "My Wish" I felt like I was at a bad Christian Rock concert.

I think it's Allen's humble honesty in his performance that really wins the audience over. If Kris Allen came out with the ego of Matt Giraud. I don't think it would work nearly as
well.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:30 pm

Wow what amazing sound that video has cecilie posted. Yes please someone make it into an MP3. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Wow he sounded amazing on the other video but there are no words to describe how he sounds on the new video. Just wow!

Do you know if the person who posted the video has his other songs?

Sorry cecilie and crazy I didn't send out your CD's yet but damn good thing I didn't so I can add this one as well!

I don't think I can wait until August! Sad

Take a little nap and wake up to new contraband...yay!

Thanks cecilie and lumma for the new finds. I swear we are in Matt overload!

Last edited by Jenna on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:30 pm

Cecilie, I think VFTW folks described him perfectly when they said this year's winner is a little bit hologram / Mr. zero...
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Thank you lumma for the new stuff. It looks like a hard work by the fences.. but Matt is a peoples person totally and a hard worker Smile, what a joy that all must be! And I'm not still recovered from that Georgia audio. geek
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:32 pm

Thx Lumma Did you guys notice that Kris doesn't handle the crowd as well as Matt? Matt always has energy to give a funny comment, laughs with the fans etc and Kris is close to mr stone face - I'm not biased if anyone was wondering LOL

This was funny..did you notice how everyone kept yelling MATT and someone else said here he comes..and the whole time Kris was just kinda quiet signing his lil autographs...Matt is such a STAR with a captial S!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Ok WTF! So that must be the whacked out article Matt was referencing. Ego and Matt? What in the F*** is this guy smoking? Scott having better vocals is beyond hilarious. Not even worth mentioning actually.

Kris humble honesty? IMO that's just a polite way of saying watching Kris perform is like watching paint dry...LOL!

Quote :
Matt Giraud seemed to have something to prove, and he did that with his set. With a big stardom presence he was the first Idol to really get the crowd on their feet with The Black Crows "Hard to Handle".

He did get the above right though.

Again the slam on his cover of You Found Me. Damn I wish he would have chosen a different song. I would have loved to hear So Small, Human Nature, or how about Let's Get It On?
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:43 pm

Jenna wrote:
Wow what amazing sound that video has cecilie posted. Yes please someone make it into an MP3. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Wow he sounded amazing on the other video but there are no words to describe how he sounds on the new video. Just wow!

Sorry cecilie and crazy I didn't send out your CD's yet but damn good thing I didn't so I can add this one as well!

May I kindly ask about those cd's you are about to send?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:45 pm

Awe I loved all the screaming for Matt, Matt, Matt! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:53 pm

I agree with you totally Jenna..I so wish he could like switch his songs out somewhere thru out the tour???..It would be so damn awesome to hear him sing "So Small" or "Lets get it On"..I swear i would literally melt in my seat during that set! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Oh that last review crazy posted the reviewer also said this...

Quote :

I was disappointed that she only sang three songs. It was at this point I wished the show were the top 5 and not the top 10.

So that's good! He obviously liked him enough that he included him in with Kris, Adam, Danny, and Allison. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:57 pm

PLEASEEEEE SOMEONE FIND THE VIDEO OF THE MEDLEY WITH MANOOP SINGING TOGETHER ON FRONT CENTER STAGE IN THEIR GQ SUITS!!! OMGGG..I'VE GOT TO SEE THIS!!! Embarassed

Oh ya...Anoop killed that "Always on my Mind" song..I have to say I was quite impressed by him when I heard that!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Well this is what the girl who recorded the new Georgia video had to say about Matt...
Quote :
Of all the performers at the show, Matt stood out to me as the one who was quite a bit better in person than on the show (even though he was good on the show too). He was really at ease, loose, his dancing was great, his voice was fantastic. All 3 of his songs were outstanding. My favorite was his 3rd song (The Fray song) but I failed to record it. Listen to his range on Georgia. He not only goes hi but reaches down way low and hits the note with ease. Many "high" singers cannot go low.

This is what he have been hoping for. Matt winning over so many new fans! LOL well she loved You Found Me so I'm sure many others will as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:04 pm

CrAzY_4_MattyG wrote:
PLEASEEEEE SOMEONE FIND THE VIDEO OF THE MEDLEY WITH MANOOP SINGING TOGETHER ON FRONT CENTER STAGE IN THEIR GQ SUITS!!! OMGGG..I'VE GOT TO SEE THIS!!

I have been trying but so far no luck but don't worry we will eventually get video of it! pirat Man I have wanted to use this pirate guy for a while!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Umm this one basically sucks because for some reason matt isn't shown singing but you can see him playing the piano for a little bit. I'll be pissed if he didn't get to sing a line for Pete's sake. It seemed like the beginning of the song?

Jenna's there is actually two videos of this one and in the one video the person didn't even tape the very first part where Matt and Scott was singing!! The other one does and he is singing the same he was in the rehearsal video we saw them singing it before tour...(he still doesn't get to much time though!)
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Jenna wrote:

Oh no plz don't worry about that - we have to enjoy this Mattmania of his first concert first - and take it all in - and oh yes GOMM that would be amazing
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Of all the performers at the show, Matt stood out to me as the one who was quite a bit better in person than on the show (even though he was good on the show too). He was really at ease, loose, his dancing was great, his voice was fantastic. All 3 of his songs were outstanding. My favorite was his 3rd song (The Fray song) but I failed to record it. Listen to his range on Georgia. He not only goes hi but reaches down way low and hits the note with ease. Many "high" singers cannot go low.

Woot!! Woot!! I guess Matt's lil vocal training coach thing paid off!! I'm soooo excited for Matt!! I think he has just got to be WAY over the MOON right now!! His dream is coming true!! how cool is that??? Did you read on twitter where he said he "got tears in eyes today" when he watched the performances back!?? awwwww
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:09 pm

CrAzY_4_MattyG wrote:
Umm this one basically sucks because for some reason matt isn't shown singing but you can see him playing the piano for a little bit. I'll be pissed if he didn't get to sing a line for Pete's sake. It seemed like the beginning of the song?

Jenna's there is actually two videos of this one and in the one video the person didn't even tape the very first part where Matt and Scott was singing!! The other one does and he is singing the same he was in the rehearsal video we saw them singing it before tour...(he still doesn't get to much time though!)

Where is this video because I haven't seen it?
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:12 pm

OHHHH MYYY GOSHHH Jenna!! Pleaseeee get those CD's in the mail ASAP! Razz I've been checking my mail box every day!! For Real!! I'm gonna be so excited now cuz it will include this but I wouldn't care if it didn't cuz I just gotta have more matty g!!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:15 pm

It's on Youtube..I just typed in American Idol Tour 2009 Portland and it came up in that group....you just kinda gotta look thru them but then again I think its one that was just recently added cuz it wasn't on there earlier this morning!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Found it...yay!

Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Well I just listened to You Found Me again and I really think I like it better now..I think it just got better and better as he went along and really if you listen to the audiance I think they DID actually like it ..it's just that they liked Hard to Handle alot better so that is why it was quieter...I think he will just keep on improving on singing it as the tour goes..I still think he can sing it "excellent" ..i have faith in him! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Portland Oregon Show!   The Portland Oregon Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Portland Oregon Show!
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next