Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

yobi tv promo

Go down 
+8
meagsmatt
Janizzle
cecilie
Lisa_M
Riley 9
mero17
ShellBen
Jenna
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:07 am

http://yobi.tv/make_the_cut/
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:12 am

Damn can he play that piano! He looks and sounds great!
Back to top Go down
ShellBen

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:46 am

Color me impressed. I have to admit I was a little "hmmmm" about the idea of him vocal coaching others when he himself is still so raw and working on improving, but he looked totally comfortable in that environment. Sounded great too. I liked seeing him in a studio, even if it's not for what we want. Hehe. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:54 am

ShellBen wrote:
Color me impressed. I have to admit I was a little "hmmmm" about the idea of him vocal coaching others when he himself is still so raw and working on improving, but he looked totally comfortable in that environment. Sounded great too. I liked seeing him in a studio, even if it's not for what we want. Hehe. Smile

I agree shellben! I was not too excited about him doing this but it was actually a very nice well put together video...seemed very professional! And yes he sounded amazing. One of the things I love most about Matt besides his passion for music is his tremendous ability to use his voice in so many different styles. He is an amazing vocalist for someone who has never had lessons. Such raw talent! Matt's CD will be so exciting because it won't sound like the same song...just with different lyrics over and over.
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:07 am

What's that song he's singing at the begining???....It's awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:45 pm

Jenna wrote:
Damn can he play that piano! He looks and sounds great!

He never ceases to amaze me with his piano playing skills. I can't believe he plays by ear, and he doesn't read music. That is called God-given talent for sure! I love you

Now how many of you are tempted to audition for this Yobi TV talent contest? The grand prize is a recording session with Matt? Very Happy I assume that means Matt will be the mentor, not like the winner's duet partner or something. scratch I've never heard of this Yobi TV before, but I definitely will watch every minute that Matt is on! Matt looked so professional in front of the camera. The one thing he needs to work on (I know, just a little criticism) is to sound a little more natural when he's delivering the script. I think he had to memorize his lines (I don't think he was using a teleprompter), so I think he did pretty well, considering he didn't have much time to prepare for this promo.

Look out, Ryan Seacrest! Here comes the new King of TV Hosts! LOL cheers
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Color me impressed. I have to admit I was a little "hmmmm" about the idea of him vocal coaching others when he himself is still so raw and working on improving, but he looked totally comfortable in that environment. Sounded great too. I liked seeing him in a studio, even if it's not for what we want. Hehe.

I'm also very impressed..I think he did a great job..I just know if I was a girl there auditioning in front of MATT GIRAUD I would be sooo dang nervous and probably couldn't sing at all! geek
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:31 pm

He sounds amazing and looks so good - has anyone noticed that he looks older I mean it a good way - I mean there is a world of difference beteween now and just 6 months ago (is it six months..?) LOL

But damn this is not what I want for him - yes I want him to mentor and nurture young talent but not NOW - he needs to be nurtured/mentored first and establish himself - it seems so ...I don't know..commercial - I mean he looks and sounds so good that I only see this as a way to "make money" off of him.
URGH - He is way better than a stupid online talentshow - Sorry but I am really sort of pissed off now. I am so afraid that he will never really get on with his musical career - I mean damn he has such an amazing voice and painoskills that this is really a waste of time. I wish that he had someone who could mentor him on how to go about this - -hell 6 months ago he played HALO during the day and piano at bars/clubs at night.

Ah well - nice to have someplace to vent this - forgive me for being a negative ass lol!
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:23 pm

I love it! When Matt would sing parts to help guide the contestants, I was like "Awwww!" I love this man. I think this is a great thing for Matt to do and it will in turn help him to become a better singer.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:34 pm

But damn this is not what I want for him - yes I want him to mentor and nurture young talent but not NOW - he needs to be nurtured/mentored first and establish himself - it seems so ...I don't know..commercial - I mean he looks and sounds so good that I only see this as a way to "make money" off of him.

I kinda know what you mean Cecilie..hopefully this isn't going to take up too much of his time and hopefully they had some kind of agreement with him about if he did get a record contract after Tour how much time he would be able to contribute to this "show" or whatever it is..I would HOPE he made it clear what is priority was after the Tour or if NOT hopefully he see's that now!! Cuz he's gonna be in demand for sure now! cheers
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Wow Matt looks and sounds great! And he seems genuinely excited about doing it and helping others! Good for him already giving back in such a major way. Plus, this is a way that he can remain in the public eye a bit, while he continues to progress and hopefully get a deal Very Happy Yayy Matt!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:17 pm

I don't think this will take up a lot of his time. If you read the info on the website, they essentially ask people to mail in videos and the best ones will come to SE Michigan for the recording session with Matt. So I'm guessing he has to review tapes and be there for the session. I'm sure he can review tapes anywhere - like while touring for his own concert or recording his album.
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 pm

sgr91 wrote:
I don't think this will take up a lot of his time. If you read the info on the website, they essentially ask people to mail in videos and the best ones will come to SE Michigan for the recording session with Matt. So I'm guessing he has to review tapes and be there for the session. I'm sure he can review tapes anywhere - like while touring for his own concert or recording his album.

Hope not - I just don't see him doing stuff like this now. I know that almost any publicity is good when you are starting out, but I think its much to soon for him to be a mentor/judge/host in a singingcontest or whatever this is. Well I sort of feel that I'm the only one having these doubts about this project and this might be because it is not such a big deal afterall...so I'm just hoping that you guys are right Very Happy

Oh Matty I want the world at your feet bounce
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:36 pm

Quote :

He looks and sounds great in this video.
But... I get what you mean. He himself is still so raw to the music industry. I want HIM to have a mentor and a great producer behind him to record his debut album.

But I am telling ya! I think this tour will do wonders for him.. I really believe he will get signed by the end of it. I so want him to succeed with his musical career. It's so hard though, that's why I worry at times!
But he has what it takes. He just needs someone/record label who will give him a chance.
It will happen. I just feel it.
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:08 pm

sgr91 wrote:

Ohhhhh very good point. That makes sense, that way he'll still be able to pursue his own interests.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:31 pm

OKKKK...NOW I'M FREAKING OUT!! MATT JUST POSTED ANOTHER TWEET ABOUT THIS NEW "GIG" OF HIS!!! DOESN'T HE REALIZE HE ISN'T GONNA BE HAVING ANY TIME TO HOST A FREAKIN SHOW WHEN HE IS DONE WITH THIS TOUR!!!!!!!!! He needs to focus on his RECORDING CAREER!!! ....I'm sorry but I have to vent about this...why oh why his he so excited about this??? I'm so afraid he is going to start spreading himself too thin??? I freakin hope that this Show realizes he is a STAR in the making here!!!! I wonder just how much time is he going to have to devote to this show??? grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... Evil or Very Mad Is anyone else thinking these thoughts???
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 1:58 pm

I think we should dial it down a little about this Yobi thing.

Sure, it's not exactly the highest profile gig in the world. Sure, it may SEEM a little premature for an Idol finalist to be mentoring folks just a couple steps behind him in the music career arena. No, it's not a record deal. It's not even on actual television: it's online! But.....

For one thing, the site is only about a year old. It was founded in Dearborn, Michigan by some entrepreneur lady. She probably extended this invitation to Matt is a simulatneous back-scratch between fellow Michiganders. It's not like some bigwig TV producer looked at Matt and thought, "He's no good in music, but ONLINE HOSTING! Yeah, that's Matt Giraud's niche!". It's just another small way to advertise himself, and if you ask me, it can only help Matt. You all saw the promo video: Matt's personality comes across very well in it. I think he appears very professional in the vid, JMO.

Another point: Matt most likely agreed to this thing when he was in post-Idol limbo. Obviously he didn't get any signing offers from 19/Sony, and so he was contemplating his future and mapping out some sort of a strategy before the tour began. Since then, however, things have kind of shifted for Matt. We all see that he's doing superbly on tour so far, but consider this as well: that Diddy party.

Remember when Matt tweeted about being invited to a Diddy party a couple of weeks ago? It was the night before he had to fly to Michigan to tape the Yobi promo. well, he went to that party. He was the ONLY Idol who went to that party. And word on the street is that you don't get invited to Diddy parties by anyone but Bad Boy Records or Diddy himself. Matt wasn't tagging along. Another interesting tidbit: Bad Boy Records is distributed by Atlantic, and a subsidiary of......drumroll, please.......Warner Music. Yeah, Warner Music, the label that employs Kara DioGuardi. That Jason Castro is signed to. It strikes me as an incredible coincidence that Matt would be invited to such a party. What reason would Diddy have to invite Matt Giraud to one of his parties? They are (or were) complete strangers. I am getting a "Matt has something brewing with Warner/Atlantic" feeling. A very strong feeling.

I guess my point is that alot can change in a matter of weeks. Matt has made, to me, the largest strides post-Idol than every other contestant in terms of positive press, showcasing his talent and personality, and making industry connections. and this is just from the bits and pieces of info I've gathered as a lowly fan. I think the wheels of something much bigger for Matt are in motion, and though we don't hear about it, there will be some pleasant suprises in store for us Matt fans. Besides, why would Matt really sign on to be a mentor to anyone if he didn't have some serious credentials to back it up? Perhaps that credential list will be getting longer and more impressive VERY SOON!
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:13 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
I think we should dial it down a little about this Yobi thing.

Sure, it's not exactly the highest profile gig in the world. Sure, it may SEEM a little premature for an Idol finalist to be mentoring folks just a couple steps behind him in the music career arena. No, it's not a record deal. It's not even on actual television: it's online! But.....

For one thing, the site is only about a year old. It was founded in Dearborn, Michigan by some entrepreneur lady. She probably extended this invitation to Matt is a simulatneous back-scratch between fellow Michiganders. It's not like some bigwig TV producer looked at Matt and thought, "He's no good in music, but ONLINE HOSTING! Yeah, that's Matt Giraud's niche!". It's just another small way to advertise himself, and if you ask me, it can only help Matt. You all saw the promo video: Matt's personality comes across very well in it. I think he appears very professional in the vid, JMO.

Another point: Matt most likely agreed to this thing when he was in post-Idol limbo. Obviously he didn't get any signing offers from 19/Sony, and so he was contemplating his future and mapping out some sort of a strategy before the tour began. Since then, however, things have kind of shifted for Matt. We all see that he's doing superbly on tour so far, but consider this as well: that Diddy party.

Remember when Matt tweeted about being invited to a Diddy party a couple of weeks ago? It was the night before he had to fly to Michigan to tape the Yobi promo. well, he went to that party. He was the ONLY Idol who went to that party. And word on the street is that you don't get invited to Diddy parties by anyone but Bad Boy Records or Diddy himself. Matt wasn't tagging along. Another interesting tidbit: Bad Boy Records is distributed by Atlantic, and a subsidiary of......drumroll, please.......Warner Music. Yeah, Warner Music, the label that employs Kara DioGuardi. That Jason Castro is signed to. It strikes me as an incredible coincidence that Matt would be invited to such a party. What reason would Diddy have to invite Matt Giraud to one of his parties? They are (or were) complete strangers. I am getting a "Matt has something brewing with Warner/Atlantic" feeling. A very strong feeling.
I guess my point is that alot can change in a matter of weeks. Matt has made, to me, the largest strides post-Idol than every other contestant in terms of positive press, showcasing his talent and personality, and making industry connections. and this is just from the bits and pieces of info I've gathered as a lowly fan. I think the wheels of something much bigger for Matt are in motion, and though we don't hear about it, there will be some pleasant suprises in store for us Matt fans. Besides, why would Matt really sign on to be a mentor to anyone if he didn't have some serious credentials to back it up? Perhaps that credential list will be getting longer and more impressive VERY SOON!

WOW!! you've done some research!!! Very Happy ....I've a good feeling since the tour began ....people are FINALLY realizing what we saw in Matt from the begining!!!
I also think this online show won't hurt Matt at all it would highlight his amazing talent and personality...good publicity!!
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Great thinking Ovenmitt-- Isn't that petition that is circulating to sign Matt to a record deal from Atlantic? I think I might just get over there to sign on!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:03 pm

OvenMitt:

Hey Thanks Ovenmitt for this info..I think I feel a lil better about this now..You Have definitely been doing some research on this stuff...I didn't realize it was a "online" only show thing and that is was so low key...I am curious though...how did you find about or read this stuff about Diddy's party and Matt being the only one to attend??? I figured he would have been invited with the rest of the idols and they all went together? that's pretty awesome if he was the only one invited and hell ya that's a greatttt opportunity for him!... alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

yobi tv promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: yobi tv promo   yobi tv promo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yobi tv promo
Page 1 of 1