Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

San Jose, CA Show

Go down 
+19
jamerce
mattyfan
Lana
pasnthru
megryan67
sgr91
OvenMitt
crys7
lovethemtigers
macigirl
mero17
flicker
mattyg93
Lisa_M
Puppyeyes82
jessica
graciecat
cecilie
Jenna
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
macigirl

macigirl

San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: T   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:02 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
Thanks, jenna for going to a Kradam web site just to find Matt pictures! cheers

Now let's discuss the first photo. I can't believe someone brought a sign that said 'You Betta Twerk'! Very Happy Of course, his fans have been rewinding that video clip from AI Extra! Oh, and how could you miss Matt's ID card for the tour. It just happens to be clipped to his jeans, near his crotch, and the pass says 'ALL ACCESS'! OMG! How many of his fans would like an all access pass to Matt's body! Bad Girls for sure! Wink Ha-ha!

LOVE YOU, RILEY!!!!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:02 pm

From idolforums:
I saw the show in San Jose, and my review was similar to yours. I generally liked everyone, was big time suprised my Matt and Scott, as they performed much better than I expected. I was a little disappointed with Allision because she was one of our favorites, and I felt she just couldn't match or exceed the energy Matt performed with.
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:16 pm

One more comment from AI forums - same guy who did the review for SJ:

This was an exceptional year for AI, and Matt ended up getting 5th; based on what I saw the other night, he got hosed. He was much better than what I saw on the show, but really the show isn't about winning anyway, it is about exposure. Matt is extremly talented and a gifted performer and singer. The question will be the song-writing but I could see him being a Bruce Hornsby / Steve Winwood (obviously not that high of a voice range) Billy Joel type of singer songwriter performer. His ceiling is quite high.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:46 pm

sgr91 wrote:
One more comment from AI forums - same guy who did the review for SJ:

This was an exceptional year for AI, and Matt ended up getting 5th; based on what I saw the other night, he got hosed. He was much better than what I saw on the show, but really the show isn't about winning anyway, it is about exposure. Matt is extremly talented and a gifted performer and singer. The question will be the song-writing but I could see him being a Bruce Hornsby / Steve Winwood (obviously not that high of a voice range) Billy Joel type of singer songwriter performer. What is this Jim Cantiello person's twitter account name? I wanna find the tweet and show it to my Twitter pals!
________________.

What a great comment from this guy.
I am getting excited about all the potential everyone is seeing Matt now when they see him perform live. Talk about getting this so late in the game. Heh.

I agree with him. I think that if Matt gets great songwriters and great producers for his album he could totally be super successful.
I still think about what is the best scenario for Matt if he gets signed by a major label: To form a band with him as the lead singer in the piano ( the Fray or One Republic) or to just go solo like Gavin de Graw? We will see. What do you guys think?

Also can anyone tell me what does His ceiling is quite high. mean? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:48 pm

I'm assuming that the ceiling comment refers to the fact that his style is classic and will not fade with time and that his appeal is not limited to one type of audience (ie teenage boppers).
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:22 am

sgr91 wrote:
I'm assuming that the ceiling comment refers to the fact that his style is classic and will not fade with time and that his appeal is not limited to one type of audience (ie teenage boppers).

Oh OK. I guess so. I think Matt is very versatile but I think to start his career he should definitely stick to current rock soul sound like The Fray, OR or Gavin. His voice is so radio ready.
I really can't wait until the day he gets signed.

I am so anxious about his show tomorrow in LA. Hope lots of rec executives are there.
i am sure they've heard some buzz about Matt during this tour.
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:30 am

mattyg93 wrote:
sgr91 wrote:

Oh OK. I guess so. I think Matt is very versatile but I think to start his career he should definitely stick to current rock soul sound like The Fray, OR or Gavin. His voice is so radio ready.

I am so anxious about his show tomorrow in LA. Hope lots of rec executives are there.
Hope he isn't nervous tomorrow Smile...that can really hurt him. So hope he continues what he has been doing...Killing it!!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 am

hazuki wrote:
mattyg93 wrote:
sgr91 wrote:

Hope he isn't nervous tomorrow Smile...that can really hurt him. So hope he continues what he has been doing...Killing it!!

Oh god! You are right. Nerves and Matt + don't mix.
He needs to think he is playing in a small town again... Hopefully he will continue to stay relax and kills it!
I am so praying that after tomorrow night label offers start flowing. I am so positive it will happen! I am feeling it. bounce
Back to top Go down
jamerce

jamerce

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:10 am

I found some tweets by a friend of mine who I am following!
This person was a big Adam fan, but also like Matt and some of the others! This person went to all three shows last weekend and she ended up having a different opinion about some of the idols!
I am mostly going to post the Matt ones!

ninergrl6 on twitter

@MGiraudOfficial the way you were at the hotel today waiting by the bus was AWESOME! "I just hope he looks at me" LOL! MattG fan for life!

Here is an Adam one!

@adamlambert Why don't you stop for fans? There were only like 10 ppl at the hotel today, very disappointed that you snubbed us

@MGiraudOfficial San Jose loves you!

@MGiraudOffical U were ON FIRE tonight, best show of NorCal, sooo glad I was on your side of the stage, thanks for a great day! C U in LA!

@MGiraudOfficial "I'm just looking for that one person that's focused on me and I sing to them" I'm always focused on you Matt! <3

watching Big Brother, trying to come down off my @MGiraudOfficial high, what a difference a day makes

@MGiraudOfficial You were awesome tonight too! you guys flying to Utah tomorrow? or on the road now?

@MGiraudOfficial Ur the BEST! C U in LA <3 Angela

@AimsCraft He's THE BEST! totally won me over this weekend, funny, sweet, friendly, down to earth, incredible on stage...Matt is my Idol!

We came friends on another board where we have an offtopic thread about Americal Idol!
Would you ever think one of Adam's fans would call him high maintence?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michigan_countrygirl
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:07 am

Another great review from AI boards...

Quote :
Matt: The first contestant to really get the crowd on their feet. I was stunned by his transitions, piano skills, and fantastic singing. It took me a while to warm to him on the show, but he was definitely the crowd favorite of the bottom 5, I think.

Duets & group songs: Pretty good, and the crowd responded well. The only one that didn’t go so well was the Megan/Lil duet, I thought, but that the piano duet and Beggin’ were complete successes. Then it went to intermission, and swear that almost everyone around me said to whoever was next to them, “Allison’s next!” in an excited whisper.

Seriously, it is just like we knew it would be. Matt throws away the nerves and he performs brilliantly and now people are finally seeing what we knew the whole time...Matt is one extremely talented guy!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:00 am

Georgia...pretty good video. God sound a little far away but still Matty!

Last edited by Jenna on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:03 am

You Found Me...good sound

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:06 am

Fan video

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:24 am

Ok who else loves when he is sitting at the piano and he goes into a high note and throws his arm out behind him while holding the microphone with his other hand? For some odd reason I find this sexy!
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:32 am

Jenna wrote:
Ok who else loves when he is sitting at the piano and he goes into a high note and throws his arm out behind him while holding the microphone with his other hand? For some odd reason I find this sexy!
I do. Smile It was so charming also in the Ellen Show, it is one of his steady gestures I guess.
But what I love even more is what he is doing with microphone at some points. I love you
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:48 am

He really is a hard-worker out there! Lucky fans! Smile

Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:19 am

sgr91 wrote:

I took the ceiling comment to mean that he can rise up high in his music career. Unlike how the "glass ceiling" is referred to women's careers and how that stops their progress.
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:56 am

sgr91 wrote:

I agree. I also think having a "high ceiling" means that he's so talented that there are a lot of things he could do. If you have a limited talent you have a low ceiling, cause there's only so much you can accomplish - you're "boxed in". If your ceiling is high you can go anywhere you want - as in lots of opportunities!
Back to top Go down
flicker

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:11 pm

I haven't seen this posted. From GettyImages, at the San Jose tour

San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 Fxf22h
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Subject: Re: San Jose, CA Show Today at 6:48 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He really is a hard-worker out there! Lucky fans!

Is it just me but when I was just watching the autograph signing video did you notice that Adam (at least in this particular video) looks so impersonal when he is signing ..he was just like flying down the line (probably scribling his name) and not hardly talking to any of the fans..COMPARED To Matt..look how Matt talks to his fans and jokes around with them..give's them hugs and kisses and takes pics!! He is sooo dang awesome to his fans and that is why I guess we love him so much!! I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Jenna wrote:
Ok who else loves when he is sitting at the piano and he goes into a high note and throws his arm out behind him while holding the microphone with his other hand? For some odd reason I find this sexy

Well I don't know about this part Jenna but the part that I just LOVE is when he is singing YFM and the part towards the end when the lights go back down and he is singing low then goes up to that really high point..THAT gives me chills ..I just LOVE IT...I also just love in general when he goes from low to those really high notes..HE HAS MASTERED THAT NOW!!!(big sighhhhhh) ..I wanna see him so bad in person..like RIGHT NOW..TONIGHT! pale
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:30 pm

flicker wrote:
I haven't seen this posted. From GettyImages, at the San Jose tour

San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 Fxf22h

This one with the pink disco ball and that outfit is so piano-rockish ala Coldplay... We really know what image and music Matt wants after all this.

He looks fine!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:22 pm

You Found Me

Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:41 am

I was searching YouTube, looking for any videos of Matt's practical joke that he played on Adam. Instead, I came across this video of the Idols signing autographs after the San Jose concert.

I was reading some of the comments after the video, and I keep wondering why some fans continue to say that Matt has a chip on his shoulder. Some people who haven't met him yet say he has a "bitchface" when he's meeting fans. One person wrote that Matt always looks "annoyed" and "pissed off". Why does Matt and Megan always seem "impatient"? Rolling Eyes I'm glad that some fans who were actually there defended Matt and wrote that he took time to sign, take pictures, smile, hug fans ,etc. If the haters actually took time to watch the videos of Matt, you can see that he tries to smile as much as possible, even when the FANS ARE RUDE AND SCREAMING IN HIS FACE! I have read that Danny, Michael and Matt go through the lines of fans before they have to get on the tour bus, and they give the crowd high fives and hugs before they leave. IMO, that goes beyond the call of duty and shows that these guys are probably the most patient Idols of the group. cheers
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Yeah, I am getting annoyed with the accusations, too. Hater gon' hate, players gon' play.

Matt is completely shattering any misconceptions that people may have had about his attitude during the show. If there are people out there who still insist, even after the stellar way Matt has presented himself to fans, that he's got an attitude problem, then it's their own issue, not Matt's. They are the folks who probably never liked him anyway and never will, the pessimistic type of person who always looks for the negative in everything and everyone. THEY are the ones with a chip on their shoulder. That, or they're probably jealous of Matt's recent popularity, seeing it as a threat to their own favorite. Or it's probably both those things. Anyway, those critics are in the extreme minority in comparison to the tons of people who rave about Matt. So I'm just letting the hatred roll off my back, and I'm hoping that Matt does too. It's just noise, not gospel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   San Jose, CA Show - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

San Jose, CA Show
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt on the American Idol Tour: The Matt Show!-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com