Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Another Message from the FTLs

Go down 
+12
Janizzle
sgr91
JKRio
peacehope
asianmegan
mattyg93
Lisa_M
Jenna
Riley 9
mattyfan
macigirl
Lana
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lana

Lana

Another Message from the FTLs Empty
PostSubject: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Matt Giraud\'s FTLs
On Wednesday 15th July 2009, @MattsFTLs said:

We think it's great that you all want to contribute to the success of this group because it all helps Matt but please submit ideas to us first! We are not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but we do have to maintain order in the group. I'm VERY big on being organized and I like to let everyone in the group know what is going on. Joann, Meg, and I ALWAYS discuss ideas with each other and agree on things before presenting the idea to you guys and asking for your opinion, so we are just asking the same in return. We did not start this group to make money off of it and we want to keep it that way for as long as we can. In certain events, we may ask for donations to help fund things (like the proposed FTL convention next summer) but please know we are not looking to profit from this fan group. For now, we just want to contribute to Matt's success all while making new friends and having some fun! We spend MANY MANY hours maintaining the group and we don't mind doing it for free! If at anytime we do something that does cost money, the money will only serve to cover the cost of materials-- not to put in our pockets-- so we just ask the same of you guys. We are working on purchasing the name for this group so that we do legally own the rights =)
Just know that we love all of you guys and we would not be a group without you! You guys are some of the best friends I have ever had... I REALLY mean that! =)
Keep supporting Matt so we can get that boy signed!!!

And Can I just say that I really appreciate all of the time and effort all of the organizers of the FTLS, the BGS, and Jenna for Having this awesome forum, put into keeping all of the Matty G supporters and lovers together and to give us a chance to talk and exchange info with others who are as passionate as we ourselves are? I really do appreciate and am grateful to each and everyone of you for allowing me to feed My matt addiction (LOL) every day by being with these groups, on Twitter, and here. YOU ROCK!!
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:04 pm

Thanks for the post Lana! I also thank Jenna so much for this forum. Where would we be without her??? And I am happy to read that the FTLs are working so hard. Yay for Matt fans.

I have a dream......

My dream is that Matt's splintered fan groups unite into one fabulous Matt loving group. I wish the Giraud Squad, the BGs and the FTLs would unite! I know there were some issues between some in BGs and FTLs. I am assuming those are all in the past (if not, they should be!). I wish we had one website and forum (Jenna's is a good place to start!), one Facebook page, one everything. We could still have the sub groups under a bigger umbrella. My wish is that a leader would step forward and create this united Matt world. Then Matt could get behind the one group. Then casual fans would be able to find the website on Google and not find the current hodge podge. I would donate money, as I know others would. We are all here for Matt and to help him on his journey.

Do others agree?? Can this happen?? I dream that a leader will emerge and lead us to the promised land of UNIFIED FANS FOR MATT!! (getting a little carried away!)
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:13 pm

macigirl wrote:
Thanks for the post Lana! I also thank Jenna so much for this forum. Where would we be without her??? And I am happy to read that the FTLs are working so hard. Yay for Matt fans.

I have a dream......

My dream is that Matt's splintered fan groups unite into one fabulous Matt loving group.
I wish the Giraud Squad, the BGs and the FTLs would unite! I know there were some issues between some in BGs and FTLs. I am assuming those are all in the past (if not, they should be!). I wish we had one website and forum (Jenna's is a good place to start!), one Facebook page, one everything. We could still have the sub groups under a bigger umbrella. My wish is that a leader would step forward and create this united Matt world. Then Matt could get behind the one group. Then casual fans would be able to find the website on Google and not find the current hodge podge. I would donate money, as I know others would. We are all here for Matt and to help him on his journey.

Do others agree?? Can this happen?? I dream that a leader will emerge and lead us to the promised land of UNIFIED FANS FOR MATT!! (getting a little carried away!)

WOW!! I am WAY out of the loop. I thought this fabulous group was the Giraud Squad. I figured everyone (regardless of which sub group you were in) called themself a member of the Giraud Squad??

Well, if not, then I too hope that this can happen. I know that there is some tension between the FTLs and BGs, tension that I am afraid we cannot help to alleviate, but I thought that we all agreed that we were here for a common purpose (to support Matt) and we all respected each other for that. If this is not the case, then I too will be having this dream of yours... lol
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Lana wrote:

"WOW!! I am WAY out of the loop. I thought this fabulous group was the Giraud Squad. I figured everyone (regardless of which sub group you were in) called themself a member of the Giraud Squad??

Well, if not, then I too hope that this can happen. I know that there is some tension between the FTLs and BGs, tension that I am afraid we cannot help to alleviate, but I thought that we all agreed that we were here for a common purpose (to support Matt) and we all respected each other for that. If this is not the case, then I too will be having this dream of yours... lol[/quote]

To clarify, this wonderful group is the Giraud Squad! The BGs and the
FTLs are Giraudsquadders. But I feel the fans are scattered. I would
love to see us come together in strength for Matt.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:58 pm

It does seem like Matt's fans are scattered all over the place. There's no one main fansite that stands out. I discovered this way back in the season. I had to join the americanidol.com Forum just to get my Matty fix. It's kinda a good sign -- Matt's got so many fans everywhere. But it'd be great if Jenna's site can attract EVERYONE to get active here.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:35 pm

Yeah, it's getting confusing with all these splintered groups. confused I figured most people considered themselves part of 'The Giraud Squad' because that's the first thread that I found over at MyIdol (just like I saw Glamberts first, Gokey Gang, Anoop's Troops, ALLENation, Alli Katz, Scotties, etc. on that site). I believe The Giraud Squad was started in early March, before or during the top 13 week. Then the BGs were formed, then the FTLs. Sorry, I don't know if there are any more subgroups.

I thought this post from the MyIdol forum best expresses the confusion and frustration among Matt's fans:
from mattgiraud85 who wrote in 'The Giraud Squad' thread
Finally, a name that makes sense. I don't get the "BGs" and the "FTLs" and "Matt's Guardian Angels" and all those other stupid
named groups. Just a simple "Giraud Squad" now that makes sense. May I please have a number? It's ok for a guy to join
this group, right? I know there are a lot of women fans but I like Matt too. I'd be glad to represent the Giraud Squad.

BRAVO! cheers I wish it were that simple to unite all of Matt's fans again. I think some official fan club will be started once Matt signs his record deal (SOON, I hope!). It's more difficult now because all these groups are unofficial fan clubs, none are authorized by Matt's representatives or manager. No By the way, I definitely would nominate jenna as the president of Matt's future official fan club, if she wanted to be. I love you

Hey, maybe I'll start my own Matt support group-- Matt's Wardrobe Assistants. We'll make sure that all of Matt's pants fit him just right! We'll be glad to take his measurements! Ha-Ha! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:50 pm

LOL Riley you are full of win!! PLEASE sign me up for THAT group. That is a cause I can get behind! cheers

I agree that all of these subgropus are a bit too confusing. I enjoyed it at first with the creation of the BGs, but it began to get a bit out of hand with everyone else suddenly deciding to start up a Matt fan club of their very own. I think that Giraud Squad member (with honorary BG and FTL numbers) is good enough for me. Thankfully, I do not consider myself a serious member of either the BGs or the FTLs it was just fun to be apart of a little group of ladies who were sometimes very excited and a bit...inventive when it came to all things Matt. But with this recent Drama I think I may just want to stay away from both gropus for a while and just remain on this forum...
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:27 am

I hate that Matt's fanbase is so fractured. My goal has always been for all of us to stay together and that's why I created the board. But I guess twitter is the new thing. It allows fans to feel they have some sort of relationship with Matt but I'm not sure how beneficial it is for Matt. Well I pretty much have given up trying to keep the fanbase together. I will keep this board open and the new one as long as there is interest here. But I am not planning on joining the various twitter groups unless we all decide to somehow merge. It's too exhausting for me running my two boards without having to try and participate in 5 other fansites. We need a central place whether it is here or somewhere else but I don't see it happening. I hope everyone left here is planning on staying because I love all of you guys! And I was very sad when people started leaving. If there is something I am not doing or something you would like to see changed just let me know and I'll fix it if I can. It would be very nice if we could all come together in the future and I think we can once Matt creates his own fansite/website! But until then I will continue to work to make sure I get you guys all of the Matt info I can.

What would be great is if we could all get together for his first solo show in Michigan. Maybe we could start planning it.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:11 am

"Lana wrote - I think some official fan club will be started
once Matt signs his record deal (SOON, I hope!). It's more difficult
now because all these groups are unofficial fan clubs, none are
authorized by Matt's representatives or manager."

Yes, this is the issue. I will just have to be patient. Smile

I am GS, BG and FTL. I think they are all great and fun. IMO, The Giraud Squad should remain the official name of Matt's fan group. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Twitter. My favorite thing to do online. It is an AMAZING way for a celebrity to keep in touch with fans and to keep fans energized. And Matt is a celebrity...yay!

Once an official fan club is started, things will seem more organized. I like things organized!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 am

Jenna wrote:

We need a central place whether it is here or somewhere else but I don't see it happening. I hope everyone left here is planning on staying because I love all of you guys!

Jenna..I'm not going anywhere..I'm staying right here..and I consider myself part of the "Giraud Squad" no matter what. I love you and your site!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:24 am

Jenna!
This is ,y favorite and only site where I go to talk and find info on Matt.
You are doing an amazing job here! Please let's continue to relish our little group here.
I love it!
Thanks so much for keeping us all informed about Matt's whereabouts.

I would love to go to his solo shows but I doubt it because I live overseas. But I will sure be there in spirit!

Let's think about the day Matt gets signed and we can all celebrate here! Yay.
Back to top Go down
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm also glad someone posted this, thanks Lana! I am an FTL and now have an "official number" for the Giraud Squad. I'm not gonna lie, I never kept up on American Idol contestants like I am this season so I had no idea there were fan clubs, groups, etc. I just started getting familiar with Twitter when the Matt imposter was on (damn him Evil or Very Mad ) and like I mentioned before, this is the first forum I have ever been active in. Before I knew all of these things, I just thought people called themselves part of the Giraud Squad b/c they were fans of Matt, I had no idea there was anything official. I mean it's great that there's these fan groups for Matt to show everyone's support and love for Matt and also get to know other fans across the country or even world! I'm always up for meeting new people and fellow Matt fans, especially since none of my actual friends kept up with Idol this year Sad This forum, Jenna, is awesome.....there's always something new to read about! And everyone's comments crack me up! Laughing And I know on Twitter, the FTL group is very organized also. I'm still not too familiar with the BG's, I did get some info and am a fan on Facebook of them but I have yet to get to know any of them. Personally, I am all for any type of support, whether it be by myself or with a group, to cheer Matt on during the tour and to try and get him a record deal so he can show everyone his true colors and how he can really shine and make it as an artist. I'm not an avid post'er on this site, Twitter, cellcasts, etc. due to work and other situations, but I'm still 100% behind Matt and think everyone's doing a fabulous job showing their support Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
peacehope

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:01 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

We need a central place whether it is here or somewhere else but I don't see it happening. I hope everyone left here is planning on staying because I love all of you guys!

Jenna..I'm not going anywhere..I'm staying right here..and I consider myself part of the "Giraud Squad" no matter what. I love you and your site!! Very Happy

The same goes for me, and I'm staying right here as part of the Giraud Squad, too.

In my typical clueless fashion, I was unaware of any drama going on...but then I haven't joined any of the subgroups, and I consider the GS to be the overall family of Matt fans. Agreeing with the others, that once Matt gets signed, this should all be easier...
Back to top Go down
JKRio

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:23 am

I am part of the FTLs and I love the group. But I wish, too, that FTLs, Giraud Squad, BGs and other group members will UNITE for MATT. BE ONE FOR OUR GUY!

Never joined the AI forum or any matt g forums but this one! And I wanna thank JENNA for putting this up! I admit I'm not as active as the rest of the people here. For some reason threads/websites that has to do with "American Idol", our IT blocked it at work. I only get to open it at home. But that doesn't mean I'm leaving this forum.
It's just that Twitter is more accessible.

Well moving on, I hope this forum will go on for a long time! This keeps me updated!

Question: Do I need a Giraud Squad number to be part of the group? Bcoz if the only requirement is to be a matt g fan then I consider myself part of Giraud Squad SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:45 am

JKRio wrote:
I am part of the FTLs and I love the group. But I wish, too, that FTLs, Giraud Squad, BGs and other group members will UNITE for MATT. BE ONE FOR OUR GUY!

Never joined the AI forum or any matt g forums but this one! And I wanna thank JENNA for putting this up! I admit I'm not as active as the rest of the people here. For some reason threads/websites that has to do with "American Idol", our IT blocked it at work. I only get to open it at home. But that doesn't mean I'm leaving this forum.
It's just that Twitter is more accessible.

Well moving on, I hope this forum will go on for a long time! This keeps me updated!

Question: Do I need a Giraud Squad number to be part of the group? Bcoz if the only requirement is to be a matt g fan then I consider myself part of Giraud Squad SmileSmile

No, you don't need a GS number. The numbers were given out on the AI forum awhile ago. I am in the same boat as you - became MattG crazy "later in life" and don't have one.
Back to top Go down
JKRio

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:57 am

sgr91 wrote:
JKRio wrote:

No, you don't need a GS number. The numbers were given out on the AI forum awhile ago. I am in the same boat as you - became MattG crazy "later in life" and don't have one.

Good to hear I'm not the only who don't have a # Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:03 pm

No numbers here. How about I give every one the number one because we all love Matt?
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:00 pm

Jenna wrote:
No numbers here. How about I give every one the number one because we all love Matt?

I LOVE that idea Jenna! Very Happy because I think we all feel like his #1 Fan!
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

I LOVE that idea Jenna! Very Happy because I think we all feel like his #1 Fan!

Yes, shouldn't we "share" Matt with everyone? I'm sure there's plenty of him to go around! LOL Wink
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:17 pm

I think when it comes to the big picture, which is promoting Matt and his music, supporting him....that's what we're all here to do and it doesn't matter what name we have. Things just got confusing as the show ended and fans were trying to figure out where to go to continue supporting Matt. Yes there is the Giraud Squad, Giraudians, Bad Girls, Full Time Lovers. Many other AI contestants have multiple names for the fangroups (ie Scotties/Wild Angels), it's really not a big deal. I think this is a great place, this forum, to unite everybody and anybody who wants to talk about Matt. Labels, stereotypes, belittling...it's all very childish and not good for anyone, especially our guy.
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Janizzle wrote:
I think when it comes to the big picture, which is promoting Matt and his music, supporting him....that's what we're all here to do and it doesn't matter what name we have. Things just got confusing as the show ended and fans were trying to figure out where to go to continue supporting Matt. Yes there is the Giraud Squad, Giraudians, Bad Girls, Full Time Lovers. Many other AI contestants have multiple names for the fangroups (ie Scotties/Wild Angels), it's really not a big deal. I think this is a great place, this forum, to unite everybody and anybody who wants to talk about Matt. Labels, stereotypes, belittling...it's all very childish and not good for anyone, especially our guy.

AMEN, SISTER! cheers
Back to top Go down
JKRio

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:00 am

Jenna wrote:

Great! I like the idea Smile

I'm so happy today, I met a LOT of people who are huge Matt G fans! I talked to some of them and they're excited to see Matt on a world tour.
Note: they don't belong to any groups.

These people are from Asia, like me. We just want Matt to know that his fan base is growing! We may not see him on the AI tour but we will support Matt in anyway we can.

BTW, I gave them the link of this forum board:)
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:23 am

A lot of wise things have been said. And as I tweeted a long time ago - I hang out with the Giraudsquad, I feel like a (real) Bad Girl at times, my name is FTL35Cecilie and I am a Cougar - so I consider my self a bit of everything. Somehow it is af if the forum is where my closest friends are (it seems strange to write this :-)) where I can gush, discuss even the smallest details and the biggest issues, analyze, weep - you know..the things you do with friends. Twitter is more like my connection to Matt, my stalking platform, where I am still hoping to receive just a little tweet from mr. Fabulous.

Just to explain....I never thought of becoming a "real" GiraudSquad member since I thought it was an already established group at the time (and BG - come on I can't really call myself a BG - way too old LOL) and I didn't know how to (or if I could) get a GS number..Again I have never done this before...So as time went by and I got over my forum/online "fears" and shyness- well first I created my own group at a time when there was a little drama going on and I became Matt's Cougar #1 LOL. Then I was invited to be a FTL - and I thought YAY - I can be a number too (JESUS woman - get a grip!! lol! )

I really appreciate everybody's effort to support Matt, but somehow I think that it has also become a lot about getting Matt's attention - hell I am trying like crazy too and green with envy of those who have managed.

I sometimes wonder if guys would have the same issues - I mean the drama between some of his fans is one of the main reasons for the different fangroups..
But I still don't see different fangroups as a problem - as long as the fans support him, and they don't make him look bad somehow.
I will say though - that my heart is at this forum - with you guys flower

Last edited by cecilie on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Awe great post Cecilie. We love you too and have missed you at chat! Hope to see you there tomorrow. Tomorrow's show is in the EST zone...yay! So is that 1 am for you?
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Jenna wrote:
Awe great post Cecilie. We love you too and have missed you at chat! Hope to see you there tomorrow. Tomorrow's show is in the EST zone...yay! So is that 1 am for you?

Oh I hope so - but I'm actually out of town tuesday to wednesday..so this might be a problem..can't rely on a wireless in the middle of the night lol. But def a much better time for me :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Message from the FTLs   Another Message from the FTLs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Message from the FTLs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next