Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09

Go down 
+2
mattyg93
Lisa_M
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

Official "Vent" Day  8-2-09 Empty
PostSubject: Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09   Official "Vent" Day  8-2-09 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Since I didn't know what else to name this thread I thought that would be appropriate because that is exactly what I'm about to do! Mad ...Ok well I know you guys post alot on here about MJ's site and stuff and how alot of stupid stuff is posted on there from time to time and to be honest with you I have maybe only been to that site only one other time then today (mainly because i've heard you all talk about how bias MJ is and other people to Adam) BUT today I just happen to click on this particular person's link in twitter because of this person putting that she is an Adam fan BUT "really liked" several of the other contestants also so I thought OK, well I know Matt has been winning over alot of Adam fans so I will click over there and read this!! Grrrrr..wrong choice!! now i'm just pissed off after reading it and feel the real need to vent about it..I'm like WTF?? Now, before I post only "some" of what she had to say, I know that a person does have to take into account that people do have their own opinion HOWEVER..I hate when people post freakin LIES and crap that just is not true.. Evil or Very Mad especially when it comes to our Matty! ...I really want to Slap this woman now! haha..I will post a couple things she said then post a few comments after each one:

Quote:
MomintheSuburb's (GA show)

I’m an Adam fan, but I really liked several contestants this year, so I’ll try to be fair to everyone, at least according to my experience. (Ya right..REAL fair!) liar

Michael: When Michael came up I was somewhat distracted trying to do the text to win backstage passes, but I started really listening after his Gavin DeGraw song barely started, and he sounded soulful, in a kind of country-rock way, if that makes sense. Country rock is not as popular unless you count Kid Rock’s All Summer Long, but that is what I see Michael doing. When he did Closer I thought his voice sounded good, but I had trouble matching the song with his image. His stage presence is open and friendly and he makes an effort to connect with the audience. I think they responded warmly. At the meet and greet, Michael was the first to come out, and by far he is the friendliest and most approachable. (Now keep this last sentence here in mind for later)

Scott: He has a lovely voice, which is sort of a cousin to Adam’s voice. (WTH? are you kidding me..she's comparing Scott's voice to Adam's??)

Lil: She has a soul-diva voice which has a better impact live than most of her TV performances. Her enthusiasm and confidence on stage was infectious, and her dance moves were fine. I also liked how she owned her sexy black outfit. You go, Lil! She got most people on their feet for Single Ladies. Even I sang along to the uh, oh’s, and I’m a middle aged lady. She did not come to the meet-and-greet, which disappointed me. (I have to agree here because apparently lil doesn't hardly come out to meet any fans either)

Anoop: He has the voice I could best see translating into current R & B records today. It is sexy, smooth and soulful. He has a strong voice but he sounded a touch strained in some spots. It’s kind of Luther Vandross style. I liked him a lot. Also, when he spoke to the audience, his in-between song banter is tepid. I don’t mean to be harsh, but I feel the most hope for Anoop as far as being signed as an artist and would love to see him succeed. He’s very good-looking in person, and at the meet-and-greet when I asked him to sing Happy Birthday, he sincerely apologized and touched his throat (resting his voice), and he said it to her instead. (I had to laugh when I read this because how many fans has MATT SANG TO outside??) gawd..this is hilarous!

Matt: He worked the crowd the best of the first-half group. Wow, did he rock it out on Hard to Handle, moving around the stage and projecting out his strong bluesy voice. The crowd was really dancing and loving him. When he did Georgia, he was clearly expecting a huge crowd response because he made sure to remind us it’s our state song. At one point, when the crowd cheered moderately, he mildly complained that we sure weren’t all that into our state song. I felt that was distracting. Just sing the hell out of the song, Matt, and the crowd will respond—we’re still holding you to the Ray Charles standard, remember?

OK..this is where I have to interject!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! THAT CROWD WAS NOT CHEERING MODERATELY!! OMG..then she goes on to make it sound like Matt was BEGGING for applause or something??? ..And what the hell does the statement, "we're still holding you to Ray Charles standard, remember?" mean? Evil or Very Mad

He’s an outstanding piano player, and he knows how to make that part of his performance. His Fray song was anti-climactic, but not terrible. My one small critique is that he did hit a few bum notes in that one. His falsetto is fantastic. When he was at the meet-and-greet, he also said happy birthday (but we didn’t ask him to sing, because things were getting busier). I felt he was the least friendly of the idols and was more standoffish.

WHAT?? WHAT?? how can she say this about Matt..he was the "least friendly" of the idols?? and was STANDOFFISH!! ...by the time I read this I was fuming!! This is utter lies!!

Allison: She has such a full-throated Janis Joplin rock voice, and she looked great with the fan blowing her hair back and playing the guitar. My favorite song was Barricuda. Her performance of Slow Ride with Adam was one of my overall favorites of the evening. There was a purple feather boa thrown on stage during their song, and Adam put it around her. Cute. Adam also picked up a red-pink bra and twirled it around before throwing it out during their duet. What makes an audience interested in a performer is often a singer’s ability to “get into it,” and the top four were the best at communicating this ability. I can see how Allison got a record deal so soon. I expect her to be a hit with the tween crowd as well as older crowd.

Once again, are you kidding me?? Apparently Matt banging on that piano like a MASTER piano player that he is, singing and dancing all over the stage is not "getting into it" enough for her because notice how she says the TOP 4 were the only ones who did this!

Danny: The best surprise of the night for me. . First, he has a voice which is very powerful, bluesy and soulful all at once. He can be sexy smooth or growl emotionally
I loved PYT. I thought his salsa dance in Maria, Maria was believable, and Adam-fan though I am, I never thought he was copying Adam on the mic stand moves. The funniest thing—I complimented him on his set, and I admitted that I was and Adam-fan, but that he’d really won me over that night. He looked right at me and said, “That really means a lot to me.” That guy needs a record deal.

Apparently it doesn't take much in her eyes to get a record deal! lol

Ok..I'm not going to post EVERYTHING she raved on about re: Adam but I will post the most funniest parts I think...

Adam: . He is a showman first and that theatre background creates a completely different atmosphere during his set. His performance is not just about getting “into the music.” He creates a completely different character for every song. He is more of a performance artist. If I had one critique of him, it would be that I’d love to see on his solo tour a mix of both these theatrical performances with his Upright Cabaret intimate songs.
(she got this part right!)

He came out to the meet-and-greet! He didn’t say one thing to fans, and he seems to be saving his voice like Anoop. (OH MY..well its ok if Adam doesn't say a DAMN word to his fans because he's "saving his voice" but she has the nerve to say that Matt is the most unfriendly and standoffish one???) Evil or Very Mad

she goes on to say....

He was a bit taken aback by one section of the crowd, which was too loud with its screams (too much of that and he’s likely to quit coming out). uh excuse me..he hardly comes out now! Whereas Matt is the ONLY one who came out at that one show!!

He has an iconic presence, which is both a gift and a curse. On the one hand, like Elvis or Michael Jackson, he is larger than life. On the other hand, he almost doesn’t seem like a real person. I feel certain from just observing him go through the line that he is trying hard to keep it “real,” but very soon I expect this to be impossible. OMG..do NOT even compare Adam to the King of rock and roll and Michael Jackson! (rolling my eyes) and "Iconic presence"?? Com'on now!

People are truly insane about him from what I saw. Myself, I had the opposite reaction in seeing him in person; I saw him as vulnerable. He seemed smaller and slighter, beautiful like a dark elf. I have no other opinion to give about his personality, just that he’s more delicate than I imagined. (omg..hahaha...a smaller, dark elf???)

Kris: He was also a wonderful, wonderful surprise like Danny. I knew Kris could sing in a pleasant voice, but I had no idea he could project to an arena. His voice is much stronger than it seemed on TV, and there’s something radio-friendly and very appealing about his tone, especially live. (she typed quite a bit more about Kris but wasn't going to bring it all over here either)

And Lastly....

I tried to put in as many details as I could remember. It was a great concert and meet-and-greet experience. My daughter is thrilled at her birthday gift of a concert and 8 out of 10 autographs! (How much you want to bet she didn't even ASK for Matt's autograph!)

Ok...I know this is alot to Digest here but I'm sorry I had to speak my mind on this..and I think the thing that really, really disturbs me about this is because its people LIKE HER that are making Matt look bad...saying he's F'n snobbish and standoffish...pffffffff....

I honestly feel that "some" Adam fans are TRULY jealous of Matt and are mad because of how well he is being received on this tour and they feel he is a threat to Adam and its just sad because here this woman says she is trying to be objective or whatever and its the FARTHEST thing from objective or nice and like I said before she is outright LYING when it comes to Matt and that pissed me off!!! (as you can tell) Razz

(I want to make it clear I did not post ALL of everything she wrote..if you want to read her entire blog you can go see it on MJ's under her name ..it was published 8/2/09)
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09   Official "Vent" Day  8-2-09 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:02 pm

You know I wouldn't pay attention to that particular post at all.
It's just one of many.
Matt has been getting glowing stellar reviews from many Adam fans and almost everywhere I read they want Matt to be the next one signed!
It's just one jealous poster for sure. Don't give it much thought really.
Matt will get signed soon and all of us will be ready to say "I told you so".. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09   Official "Vent" Day  8-2-09 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:25 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
You know I wouldn't pay attention to that particular post at all.
It's just one of many.
Matt has been getting glowing stellar reviews from many Adam fans and almost everywhere I read they want Matt to be the next one signed!
It's just one jealous poster for sure. Don't give it much thought really.
Matt will get signed soon and all of us will be ready to say "I told you so".. Razz

I know Mattyg but like I said its just Bull***T and makes me mad because Matt is the most funniest, humble, sweetest, nicest guy to all his fans and is sooo devoted to us like we are too him and its makes me really, really mad when they say this crap because I'm sure Matt goes on to MJ'S website and as we know he tends to let stuff like this bother him because he has such a good heart.

To be honest with you I posted this Blog and said the things I did because I wouldn't mind if this particular person finds OUT some how that I called HER OUT on these LIES and things she is saying and I dare her to say something back to me...They wanna stand up for there "rock god" adam so I'm gonna defend Matt and his honor too. But I do understand Matty your point also and what your saying because I know Matt is getting TONS and TONS of love also but I just HATE the HATERS!!
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09   Official "Vent" Day  8-2-09 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Well, MJ's blog is notorious for being a haven for hard-core Adam fans. Some of them are nice about giving compliments to the other Idols, and others (like this lady) are not. I have seen the same kind of attitude from Adam fans on different fan sites, like Idol Forum and My Idol. I call these people the "ADAM APOLOGISTS". They come up with anhy excuse why Adam doesn't do something, even though the other Idols do--INCLUDING THE WINNER, KRIS! Mad

I personally have been keeping track of which Idols meet with the fans before the concerts, and there is also a thread titled "WHO CAME OUT?" on the Idol Forum that will back me up! [HEH, I really do keep track of how many Twitter followers an Idol has, how many posts on a fan site, etc.] If I recall correctly, Matt and Michael have made the most appearances before the concerts. Matt missed only one date-- ARIZONA because it was 110 degrees out there. Coincidentally, Michael was the only one to meet fans that day, and he kind of represented the other Idols. Then Michael missed only one date--Tampa. Matt was the first one to go out, and then, KRIS CAME OUT LATER!

Sorry, but the cold, hard truth is that ANOOP, LIL, ALLISON and MEGAN hardly come out before the concerts! And Adam has met fans before the show ONLY ONCE, and that was before the 1st show in Portland. I'm not asking to hear excuses from anyone, but if Matt, Danny, Michael AND KRIS (who should be the busiest one, considering he won the contest and his wife is with him sometimes) can manage to do something simple like meet the fans before the concert, then it can't be ENTIRELY IMPOSSIBLE for the rest of them to do the same.

I will give a pass on Allison because she is a minor, and maybe they don't allow her to have as much contact with the crowds. Also, I read some fans' reports that Allison kind of freaked out when some fans pulled her hair and others were grabbing her neck. Now if it's a matter of too many Adam fans waiting by the buses, then that's why Adam (and Kris) have personal bodyguards and those female assistants that travel with them. Whenever someone dares to question why the ALMIGHTY ADAM doesn't meet the fans beforehand, there is always a quick response from rabid Glamberts! "Oh, no Adam can't go out, he has to rest his voice." "Adam is too tired before the show." "There's too many fans for him to sign autographs." And my personal favorite: "It's not a rule that they have to meet the fans, so Adam doesn't have to do it!" Rolling Eyes

Yes, as we all know by now, a person bought a ticket for a 3- hour concert, nothing more, nothing less. The fans waiting outside for autographs and pictures are NOT PROMISED ANYTHING, NOR IS IT GUARANTEED WHICH IDOLS WILL COME OUT! I read many complaints about none of the Idols staying after the show to meet fans in Memphis. And only Matt, Michael and Danny met the Memphis fans before the show. (They were delayed by the tour at Graceland.)

So, of course it's utter and complete BULL***T that Matt is 'standoffish' and the 'least friendly' of the Idols. NO WAY, because Matt has met fans at EVERY tour stop, except for Arizona. IMHO, it's ADAM, LIL and ANOOP who are being standoffish and/ or lazy about interacting with the fans. Matt is a PUBLICISTS' DREAM come true because you don't have to tell him to be nice to the fans, he already is!

Matt, Michael and Danny would be the top 3 Idols for meeting fans. Next, I would probably put Kris, then Scott. Then the 3 girls are all sort of in the same boat because they do come out before, but very sporadically. Now in the last group, I would say Anoop, then ADAM dead last! Yes, I know there might be a perfectly valid excuse for Anoop and Adam to stay inside (health issues, resting their voices, scary fans, etc.) But when even Scott, THE BLIND GUY comes out with his brother's assistance, and certain other Idols don't, who do you think looks standoffish? I know a lot of people have criticized Scott for appearing conceited, but at least he has the FRIGGIN' COURTESY to meet the fans! Exclamation

[Great idea for a thread, Lisa_M!] cheers
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09   Official "Vent" Day  8-2-09 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm glad that we have this site where we can vent, and not be attacked by the fans of the other Idols. Seriously, I'm not trying to bash anyone because I want Matt's fans to be classy and not instigate those stupid fan wars.

Just because a few Matt-haters think he is rude or jealous, they cannot argue that at least Matt decides of his own free will to meet with the fans. It is NOT part of his contract to meet the fans "by the buses", it's just a courtesy. Now, I do believe the Idols are contractually required to participate in the formal Meet & Greets, where people have won backstage passes, or they have connections to record companies, radio stations, etc. Matt is the most consistent Idol to meet fans, along with Michael Sarver, with Danny in third place. Matt might not be everyone's favorite, but he's gone above and beyond to please all the fans, not just his own!

You can try to come up with excuses, but the fact is that there are four Idols who come out the most often-- Matt, Michael, Danny and Kris. Matt could easily come up with his own excuses to stay inside, and even Kris agrees to go outside (even though he is the winner and could be spending time with his wife or writing songs, etc).

Here's the link to the Idol Forum thread where they keep track; it's not just me saying this! LOL Razz
http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=618730
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09   Official "Vent" Day  8-2-09 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:33 am

Don't worry about it Lisa, with so many glowing and rave reviews for Matt, I expected there to be a fan review for another Idol so over the top in their apparent dislike for Matt and his performance style (I actually expected it sooner than this and am surprised it came this late). I agree with the poster who said just leave it alone. The best thing we can do for her is get riled up, go over there, post a bunch of comments about her (all of which I'm sure would be true) and make ourselves and Matt look like the idiots. Any person with a rational head on their shoulders knows that half of the things she is writing about Matt is false or exaggeration- we've had other fan reports and even video from that night to prove it. She is most likely intimidated my Matt's success on this tour, and upset that he is starting (or it would seem this way to an irrational fan) to overturn Adam's popularity.

Again, don't let it get to you, this is not the first and won't be the last Matt hating recap, and if we are not prepared to read lots more of these, than we may be in for a rough summer...
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09   Official "Vent" Day  8-2-09 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:42 am

Lana wrote:
Don't worry about it Lisa, with so many glowing and rave reviews for Matt, I expected there to be a fan review for another Idol so over the top in their apparent dislike for Matt and his performance style (I actually expected it sooner than this and am surprised it came this late). I agree with the poster who said just leave it alone. The best thing we can do for her is get riled up, go over there, post a bunch of comments about her (all of which I'm sure would be true) and make ourselves and Matt look like the idiots. Any person with a rational head on their shoulders knows that half of the things she is writing about Matt is false or exaggeration- we've had other fan reports and even video from that night to prove it. She is most likely intimidated my Matt's success on this tour, and upset that he is starting (or it would seem this way to an irrational fan) to overturn Adam's popularity.

Again, don't let it get to you, this is not the first and won't be the last Matt hating recap, and if we are not prepared to read lots more of these, than we may be in for a rough summer...

Amen to that!
Whose signature is it that says - don't listen to haters - well good advice! They will always be around - let's just stay classy matty fans (with slightly slutty tendencies lol)
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09   Official "Vent" Day  8-2-09 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 am

LMFAO you know what really cracks me up is in one breath she calls Matt the least pleasant and then in the next she said Adam wouldn't even talk with the fans. WTF? That doesn't even make sense. You have one guy who says H-Bday to your daughter and one guy who can't even say hi and the guy saying H-Bday is unfriendly? Come on let's get real here! It's apparent that no matter what Matt would have said and done she would have been negative towards Matt. Hey you know the saying...you can't win them all.

I agree with Lana. We are going to read more unfavorable reviews as the summer goes on but I can tell you this as someone who has spent a great deal of time searching the internet for Matt reviews there are 50 times more postive than negative. I think at most I found 4-5 negative reviews so that is pretty damn good. Not everyone will love Matt. Look at Adam he has received some less than postive reviews as well. Hey it would be pretty boring if everyone loved all the same things.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09   Official "Vent" Day  8-2-09 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Jenna wrote:
LMFAO you know what really cracks me up is in one breath she calls Matt the least pleasant and then in the next she said Adam wouldn't even talk with the fans. WTF? That doesn't even make sense. You have one guy who says H-Bday to your daughter and one guy who can't even say hi and the guy saying H-Bday is unfriendly? Come on let's get real here! It's apparent that no matter what Matt would have said and done she would have been negative towards Matt. Hey you know the saying...you can't win them all.

I agree with Lana. We are going to read more unfavorable reviews as the summer goes on but I can tell you this as someone who has spent a great deal of time searching the internet for Matt reviews there are 50 times more postive than negative. I think at most I found 4-5 negative reviews so that is pretty damn good. Not everyone will love Matt. Look at Adam he has received some less than postive reviews as well. Hey it would be pretty boring if everyone loved all the same things.

Ya Jenna this is EXACTLY what I thought when I read this! I was like OMG..this woman is STUPID with a Capital "S"! She was soooo like contradicting herself left and right and there was so many freakin oxy moron's about everything! It was utterly stupid and didn't make any COMMON sense! geeshhhhh...I'm just glad that people like these are far and few between and your right you can't make everyone happy but I would just as soon these type of people stay indoors and keep their dumb a** thoughts to themselves!! hahaha Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09   Official "Vent" Day  8-2-09 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official "Vent" Day 8-2-09
Page 1 of 1