Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet

Go down 
+14
Puppyeyes82
sgr91
Cacity87
mattyfan
Lisa_M
macigirl
mikkk2.0
mattyg93
OvenMitt
lovethemtigers
graciecat
Lana
cecilie
Jenna
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet Empty
PostSubject: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:50 am

Such BS! He is more talented than either Allison or Kris IMO. This makes me so upset.

Last edited by Jenna on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:55 am

But he seems positive and I am happy that no matter what I will get to hear Matt music and see him perform. I have to believe that he will be picked up after the tour. I mean come on he is killing it and gaining new fans everyday. Someone has to see this man's immense talent and potential. I have decided to stay positive like Matt. He will be amazingly successful. He has too much talent and passion for this not to happen for him! cheers
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:01 am

Well I don't know what to make out of all this - as you say he seems relaxed, but this is the first time in a long time that I have heard him talk about hoping to get seen/get picked...
And again he jumped to the YOBI deal - not as fast as he uses too :-) but I can't figure if he has such loyalty towards the YOBI project that he wants to metion it every single time his future comes up...I mean he seems to be such a straight guy that maybe he doesn't want to come off as someone who is just using YOBI as a platform.
still urgh - i am not feeling the Yobi
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:14 am

That sucks...I guess we were all way off then. It doesn't sound like he's even been approached with something (anything) good. I just really don't get what more he needs to do to prove to the label people that he has all the ingrediants to make money, to be successful. I mean even those who are not fans of his are forced to admit that he deserves to be the next signed over anybody else, and you're telling me that both Danny and ANOOP for crying out loud, has prospects and Matt is forced to consider self producing an album(like those losers Sarver and Scott?!?) HE IS TOO GOOD FOR THAT!!

I just don't get it...Is it the outfit?? Too old fashioned? Someone on Mjs said Matt's problem was that his whole set feels way too throwback, and that doesn't translate well to radio and sales. Someone else said that maybe he is trying too hard to imitate other successful artists (coldplay, the fray, 1R) instead of identifying himself. Maybe it's as simple as the record execs knows that Soul/R&B Matt has the chance to have major success, but this soul/rock thing just doesn't work for him, and they can't market him that way???

Look at me, picking apart Matt now, finding flaws everywhere I look. THIS IS NOT GOOD No
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 am

This video was hard for me to watch-- Sad I just cannot fathom Matt not being signed by the end of the tour. I seriously will question the sanity of people who would sign others with MUCH LESS talent and not him. Matt does seem to be keeping it positive so guess that is what I will try to do. Gonna go back and watch some happier Matt interviews and tweets! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 am

Quote :
That sucks...I guess we were all way off then. It doesn't sound like he's even been approached with something (anything) good. I just really don't get what more he needs to do to prove to the label people that he has all the ingrediants to make money, to be successful. I mean even those who are not fans of his are forced to admit that he deserves to be the next signed over anybody else, and you're telling me that both Danny and ANOOP for crying out loud, has prospects and Matt is forced to consider self producing an album(like those losers Sarver and Scott?!?) HE IS TOO GOOD FOR THAT!!

Ok I agree with you here but...

Quote :
I just don't get it...Is it the outfit?? Too old fashioned? Someone on Mjs said Matt's problem was that his whole set feels way too throwback, and that doesn't translate well to radio and sales. Someone else said that maybe he is trying too hard to imitate other successful artists (coldplay, the fray, 1R) instead of identifying himself. Maybe it's as simple as the record execs knows that Soul/R&B Matt has the chance to have major success, but this soul/rock thing just doesn't work for him, and they can't market him that way???

Look at me, picking apart Matt now, finding flaws everywhere I look. THIS IS NOT GOOD No

You lost me here LOL! The only throwback performance his set has is Georgia and come on he does it amazingly! Hard To Handle is amazing and while it is an old song he makes it current sounding. And the Fray song umm that is way current sounding and he does the song great justice! I think he has identified himself and has proven with Hard to Handle that he can do soul rock amazingly. And yes his outfit is a throw back but he looks great in it and Matt has his own style which sets him a part from others which is a good thing. Look at Adam and Allison they are dressing up like 80 hairband rockers. Matt knows who he wants to be as an artist and I would think record labels would realize that AI isn't set up to really showcase who these people are as artists. They are singing covers. I would think they would see his potential more by how he sings and performs and Matt is doing a kick ass job of this. Ignore the haters they don't have a clue what they are talking about. For Pete's sake they think Adam is a rock god when he is obviously the biggest poser ever on AI!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:56 am

I know you're right Jenna, in fact I have given some of those same arguments when I see comments like this made about Matt, but this recent news about no Label forces me to see it from other people's (people who aren't as devoted as we are) view points. While I find a lot of it hard to swallow, I got to guess that at least a portion of these thoughts are running through record execs minds if after Staples and Memphis (where a reviewer states Matt had many in the music business discussing him) and after ATL (where he clearly blew the roof off the place, and there were important people there to see it) that something is holding them back from appraching Matt. I understand that the times are difficult, and they got to make their decisions wisely, they can't afford to just pick up any good looking guy with a great voice, they need to weigh every option and be pretty positive that they can make a successful artist before they pick up anyone. After all this time, Matt should have been approached, there is no question of that.

I hate to be debbie downer, but I can't help but feel like if NOTHING even hinting at interest has happened for Matt (which probably hasn't if he is looking into self producing) I doubt we'll here news of his signing after the 19th...
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:59 am

Matt has to be signed. He just has to! He is amazing. His voice is so unique. He doesn't sound copycat. I hear Matt's voice and I know right away it's Matt.

And Jenna you are right about Adam...he's very entertaining. But I find him very broadwayish! His sexual movements crack me up. Every part of his perfomance reference sex. Ewww....and we know what kind of sex he is thinking of. And I'm standing in the arena watching everyone swoon over this. The guy is very sexual. It's all just so weird for me.

I prefer someone like Matt...a man who is singing about women and being a man. You ever notice that most of Matt's songs has something do with women and love and lovers!!!

Who's Loving YOu....
Have You ever Really Loved a Woman (Matt's voice in the studio version is so seductive sounding!)
Part Time Lover
So Small (watch you got if you ain't got love....)
Stayin Alive (Well, you can tell by way I use my walk I'm a woman's man)
LET"S GET IT ON - OMG OMG OMG
HARD TO HANDLE -
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Lana wrote:
I know you're right Jenna, in fact I have given some of those same arguments when I see comments like this made about Matt, but this recent news about no Label forces me to see it from other people's (people who aren't as devoted as we are) view points. While I find a lot of it hard to swallow, I got to guess that at least a portion of these thoughts are running through record execs minds if after Staples and Memphis (where a reviewer states Matt had many in the music business discussing him) and after ATL (where he clearly blew the roof off the place, and there were important people there to see it) that something is holding them back from appraching Matt. I understand that the times are difficult, and they got to make their decisions wisely, they can't afford to just pick up any good looking guy with a great voice, they need to weigh every option and be pretty positive that they can make a successful artist before they pick up anyone. After all this time, Matt should have been approached, there is no question of that.

I hate to be debbie downer, but I can't help but feel like if NOTHING even hinting at interest has happened for Matt (which probably hasn't if he is looking into self producing) I doubt we'll here news of his signing after the 19th...

Please don't lose faith. Matt needs his fans to stay positive and energetic!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:05 pm

Hmm...

Well, it does sound a little somber to me. I am baffled that there would be NO interest in Matt from anywhere! One thing I did find interesting was that he kept saying everyone has their time. He mentioned Jason Castro, too. Perhaps someone said that same thing to Matt, that he needs to take more time to figure himself out as an artist. Maybe he had some passing interest from labels, but they thought his musical image hasn't come to fruition yet. I love Matt, but he still seems to be in that phase where he's trying to hone and channel just the right vibe for his music. That could be the reservation that labels are having with him, that he's not quite in a niche yet. I don't want to come off as being unsure about Matt's talent here, because I am completely confident in it. But I am just trying to reason why labels aren't jumping all over him, and this reason seems logical to me. Back to square one *sigh*.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:11 pm

I don't know Lana and Ovenmitt I really think Matt knows who he wants to be as an artist. Am I the only one who thinks this? I think he showed this when he decided upon Hard to Handle and the Fray. He wants to do piano rock! He chose Georgia because he knows his fans really wanted to hear this. I don't know why labels aren't jumping on him but I just don't think it's because he doesn't know who he is or what type of music he wants to release. I hope he is signed but if not then we just have to work harder helping him get his name out there!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Awwww.This breaks my heart so much! Sad

So all of us here apparently are way off base thinking there would be many labels interested.
I am crying a bit now. Just watching him say that and he looked a bit down. And then again he mentions the yobi thing, so obviously that's the only thing he has been offered.

I just can't understand this.. He is sooo freakin talented, plays piano like a mad man has potential to do relevant music like The Fray/GavIN/1R, is getting HUGE buzz from the tour and yet nothing..???

Now Anoop is in talks with a record label and Matt isn't?
Yo could tell he would want to get picked up..
Are we off our rockers to think Matt has so much potential? I cried a bit watching him say that.
He's still trying to prove himself? He already did many times.

Gosh.. Why is the music industry so tough? He mentioned Jason, so he is still hoping something like that happens to him. I am going to pray with all my might it will.
Even if we have to wait a year.

I can't believe no one sees potential in Matt. Really. This is very hard to swallow.
Our last hope is that someone in NY sees him and is finally interested.
Back to top Go down
mikkk2.0

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Lana wrote:
I know you're right Jenna, in fact I have given some of those same arguments when I see comments like this made about Matt, but this recent news about no Label forces me to see it from other people's (people who aren't as devoted as we are) view points. While I find a lot of it hard to swallow, I got to guess that at least a portion of these thoughts are running through record execs minds if after Staples and Memphis (where a reviewer states Matt had many in the music business discussing him)

Do you know where I can read that review? I haven't seen that!

I can't see the vid right now, is it like he is just sTaying mum about things, or did he say he hasn't gotten ANY calls or offers, at all? I can't believe that... If Anoop who recently said he may be signed by the end of summer, is getting some interest - I don't believe that Matt's been getting nothing. As talented as Anoop is.. Matt is doubley so, and way more marketable, imo.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/home
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:25 pm

mikkk2.0 wrote:
Lana wrote:
I know you're right Jenna, in fact I have given some of those same arguments when I see comments like this made about Matt, but this recent news about no Label forces me to see it from other people's (people who aren't as devoted as we are) view points. While I find a lot of it hard to swallow, I got to guess that at least a portion of these thoughts are running through record execs minds if after Staples and Memphis (where a reviewer states Matt had many in the music business discussing him)

Do you know where I can read that review? I haven't seen that!

I can't see the vid right now, is it like he is just sTaying mum about things, or did he say he hasn't gotten ANY calls or offers, at all? I can't believe that... If Anoop who recently said he may be signed by the end of summer, is getting some interest - I don't believe that Matt's been getting nothing. As talented as Anoop is.. Matt is doubley so, and way more marketable, imo.

No it genuinely sounded like he has had no interest from record labels. As far as the review it's in one of the tour threads but I can't remember which one. Anyone know? I'll see if I can find it. I don't get it either. No way has Anoop had offers and not Matt...Just No Way! I don't believe that for a moment! Which show did he wear this red shirt. It was fairly recent wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:27 pm

Jenna wrote:
I don't know Lana and Ovenmitt I really think Matt knows who he wants to be as an artist. Am I the only one who thinks this? I think he showed this when he decided upon Hard to Handle and the Fray. He wants to do piano rock! He chose Georgia because he knows his fans really wanted to hear this. I don't know why labels aren't jumping on him but I just don't think it's because he doesn't know who he is or what type of music he wants to release. I hope he is signed but if not then we just have to work harder helping him get his name out there!

I totally get that Matt wants to do the piano rock thing. I think he can do it well. But there's still that nagging issue of, is it the best type of music for him? From a record label's perspective, perhaps they think he should go the R&B route, and his dissention against that type of music may be what's keeping him from being swarmed with offers. Again, I'm not trying to put Matt down in any way, simply working out why he may not be getting concrete offers. Of course, we can speculate 'til the cows come home, but we don't really know what's happening behind the scenes. I'd imagine as frustrating as this is for us, it's about a thousand times MORE frustrating for Matt! I mean, dude's working his ASS off on that stage. He's the breakout star of the tour, no question. He's putting everything he's got out there! But if I'm asking these questions, then I'm pretty sure that record labels are, too. They need to be completely sure that they are making a sound investment when they sign an artist. Maybe what Matt said is just the crux of it: it takes time to get these offers, even with a platform like Idol. Maybe he's in the beginning stages of making these deals and is anticipating a long process. He's said that before, and that fact still remains. 99% of the "overnight success" stories are actually years in the making!

Okay, I'm stopping now. I'm usually unwaiveringly positive about this stuff, and I'm venturing into dark territory. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.....
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:29 pm

Here it is mikkk....

The first 6 performers: The first four performances are well-meaning but not very engaging. It’s Lil’s “hometown” concert but she really just gets a lukewarm response. Things get a lot better when Anoop takes the stage. His personality really shines and his voice is really quite good. He also does a great job working the floor. And some people in the audience are finally paying attention.

Quote :
Then Matt takes the stage and delivers the first breakout performance of the night. He is energetic, engages the audience and just fun. His performance of “Hard to Handle” is great, he tears across the piano with a style that would make Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis proud. He then commands the entire area with a piano solo performance of “Georgia on My Mind” – no band, no special effects, just one man and a piano. Matt’s massively talented and I would buy a ticket for a Matt concert any day of the week.

Intermission, Ford commercials start again, I know that more videos of Carrie, Daughtry and Cook. We go into the Club Suite and avoid them. The other people in the suite are all involved in the music business. All anyone can talk about is Matt, and the countdown to Adam. One of our music pro friends express one concern about Adam, he needs to be careful that he doesn’t become a caricature. At first I am offended, but then I realize the danger is real. I hope he has really wise management. But everyone agrees that he really could be a star.

Full review: http://mjsbigblog.com/q3s-american-idol-tour-2009-little-rock-recap.htm
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:35 pm

LOL Ovenmitt I am praying he doesn't release R&B music because I can't stand that genre of music...not even for Matty would I listen to it. So I hope you are wrong! Soul rock I can do but straight up R&B no way! I am hoping for a very artistic heartfelt CD from Matt not fluff. IMO Matt actually does the piano rock thing better than the R&B/Urban music he released prior to AI.

I have been wondering if he worked up a deal with Yobi TV to record in their studio to help save him money?
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:47 pm

This interview is not the end of all hope. He is vague. He says that whether he will be signed or not, he is prepared to put out his own music independently if he has to. He does not say that he has not been approached. We do not know what is going on behind the scenes and I think Matt is cautious as to what he says about that.

I have faith in him that he will work it out, whether he gets signed or not. And I firmly believe that he will be signed soon.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:49 pm

macigirl wrote:
This interview is not the end of all hope. He is vague. He says that whether he will be signed or not, he is prepared to put out his own music independently if he has to. He does not say that he has not been approached. We do not know what is going on behind the scenes and I think Matt is cautious as to what he says about that.

I have faith in him that he will work it out, whether he gets signed or not. And I firmly believe that he will be signed soon.

Yes that is exactly how I feel Maci. OMG call me I have to tell you something! Call me now!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Ok..first of all I'm not going to Quote anyone because I think EVERYONE has very valid points, concerns and their own frustrations about this INCLUDING ME. Now I will say I'm not able to view videos on my blackberry so I was reading all this stuff from home and was feeling very, very sad and down about this situation BUT now that I've gotten to a place where I can see the video of Matt and what he had to actally say I'm feel 100 % better!!!Lol...Ok now everyone is gonna probably say i'm crazy but seriously guys it really does because I FINALLY got to hear SOME words from Matt's own mouth about this record deal thing and I'm actually relieved because HE said that NO MATTER WHAT he will keep doing music and that he WILL PUT IT OUT HIMSELF if he has too and honestly in truly this is good enough for me right now. I know in my heart that Matt has what it takes to make it and he will..it looks like at this point it might take a little bit more time if he has to do it "himself" but I still think its gonna be ok! I'm just soooo happy and glad that Matt is so passionate about Music and making this his life because in this big bad world THAT is what its going to take to succeed.

So with all that being said, unfortunately alot of people in the music industry seem to get all the breaks and others have to work really hard at it but "such is life"... I think we can all sit here and say Matt is sooo much more talented then Kris, Danny, Allison and Anoop combined (WHICH HE ABSOLUTELY IS) but what the record producers see might be totally different then what we see. They want people they can "mold" and you tell me ..out of those 4 people don't you think each one of them is very "moldable" if you will..LOL...Allison is young..they can do ANYTHING with her.. Kris is so quiet and soft spoken he just melts into the carpet.. Smile Danny, he's like the lovable christian guy that everyone loves (young and especially OLD) because he's had this tramatic thing happen in his life and he's definitely capitalizing on that in a way if you ask me and Anoop, well he's just this all american preppy college guy that just happens to sing well (nothing special though) and can anyone say "Kanye West" here. Very Happy So does anyone see what I'm getting at?

I honestly feel like Jenna in that Matt is almost like a "timeless" musician in the fact he kills it on the piano and could very well be the next true "piano man" and Matt's voice definitely "stands out" ..when you hear Matt sing you KNOW its Matt and I cannot help but think that eventually SOMEONE out there IS gonna have to take notice of this...It's really sad that we live in a world where its all about the freakin Glitz, Glamour, Sex (huh who fits into this category???) and "what sells" and that someone with deep "TRUE" talent has to fight their way to the top!

You know I was thinking about this morning and wanna share a little story with you..my younger daughter is VERY into artists that are not well known but have EXTREME talent and every time I go back to Kansas to see her she will start playing all these weird Cd's and this one time like 2 yrs ago I believe?? she said mom listen to this girl sing.. she's really really good but no one knows about her..(she's not mainstream) well guess who that person was??? Colbie C. SO with that being said hopefully this is encouraging to you guys and all this means at this point is we HAVE TO KEEP FIGHTING FOR OUR MATTY and never ever give up on him!! I will love him forever!!! I love you I love you

Last edited by Lisa_M on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:27 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:
Matt has to be signed. He just has to! He is amazing. His voice is so unique. He doesn't sound copycat. I hear Matt's voice and I know right away it's Matt.
And Jenna you are right about Adam...he's very entertaining. But I find him very broadwayish! His sexual movements crack me up. Every part of his perfomance reference sex. Ewww....and we know what kind of sex he is thinking of. And I'm standing in the arena watching everyone swoon over this. The guy is very sexual. It's all just so weird for me.

I prefer someone like Matt...a man who is singing about women and being a man. You ever notice that most of Matt's songs has something do with women and love and lovers!!!

Who's Loving YOu....
Have You ever Really Loved a Woman (Matt's voice in the studio version is so seductive sounding!)
Part Time Lover
So Small (watch you got if you ain't got love....)
Stayin Alive (Well, you can tell by way I use my walk I'm a woman's man)
LET"S GET IT ON - OMG OMG OMG
HARD TO HANDLE -

LOL Tiger..well I said I wasn't gonna quote anyone under this thread but after I went back and read some more I love these things you said and couldn't agree more! Especially the first sentence..Matt does have a VERY UNIQUE singing voice and that is why I think he's going to be ok...its just going slower then we anticipated for everyone else (BIG WIGS) to recognize and appreciate it like we do! And YES I couldn't agree with you more about Adam..it is definitely ewwwww to me too when you think about the thoughts HE is having when he's singing his crap! I LOVE the songs that Matty has picked out and sung..I bet our guy is one passionate guy in the___, uh, you know but anyways OK NOW! I'm going to go take a cold shower!! bounce Razz
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:35 pm

I know I have suggested this before but I am going to suggest again. Anyone who can afford it and is going to a show please make CD's with 3-4 songs from Matt's itune recordings and hand them out before the show. People will be amazed at his live performance and then will get to hear how amazing he sounds recorded as well. This is the type of grassroots approach we should be doing.

I suggest putting So Small, You Found Me, Human Nature, and then one of your favorites. Maybe even add one of the MP3's of Georgia we have from the tour.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:42 pm

As much as I hate to say this...good things come to those who wait. It seems clear now to me, the industry isn't ready for someone as uniquely versatile as Matt. I wish he could just get some original and uniquely Matty material out there and get on the road already with Gavin or someone that complements his style. I think "Hard to Handle" shows so much of this promise. He'll build a fanbase and the labels will come to their senses.

Of course, still hoping it won't have to take that long. Who knows, during this AI tour, some sense may get knocked into these stubborn label heads. That's the hope anyway, but if it doesn't happen, it's definitely not the end of the road for Matt. He's got all his life to get there and he's ready to work for it.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Jenna wrote:
LOL Ovenmitt I am praying he doesn't release R&B music because I can't stand that genre of music...not even for Matty would I listen to it. So I hope you are wrong! Soul rock I can do but straight up R&B no way! I am hoping for a very artistic heartfelt CD from Matt not fluff. IMO Matt actually does the piano rock thing better than the R&B/Urban music he released prior to AI.

I have been wondering if he worked up a deal with Yobi TV to record in their studio to help save him money?

OMG Jenna! I never thought of that!! That's definitely something that could be very well true! WOW..that makes a lot of sense..I'm tellin ya..Matt's no dummy..he will SUCCEED!! Remember Mitt's saying.. "Matt for the Success!"!!! (forgot the first part) Razz
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:52 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

OMG Jenna! I never thought of that!! That's definitely something that could be very well true! WOW..that makes a lot of sense..I'm tellin ya..Matt's no dummy..he will SUCCEED!! Remember Mitt's saying.. "Matt for the Success!"!!! (forgot the first part) Razz

LOL I should know this because I'm constantly asking Ovenmitt for her slogan. I think it's Screw the win Matt for the success or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet   Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well damn doesn't look like Matt has label interest yet
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next