Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Newark, NJ Show Part Two

Go down 
+8
macigirl
cranberry
graciecat
Lisa_M
iluvmatt
cecilie
mattyg93
Jenna
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:40 am

Not sure if this is from Newark 1 or 2...

Hard to Handle

Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:14 pm

iluvmatt wrote:
mattyg93 wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
I don't know about you all, but reading the comments under Slezak's column has put a HUGE smile on my face. There are so many people who are giving props to Matt and saying that he needs a recording contract and that he really impressed/surprised them, etc. I'm so happy right now! Smile

I know.. IluvMatt.

I am so thrilled. You know, each time the reviews keep getting better and better. And Slezak's is important and read by so many people. I just loved what he had to say and I love that he included Matt in the headline along Kradison. I just can't see Matt ending this tour and NOT getting a record deal.

He's done so much. Die hard Fans and new fans all want to see him get signed next. Even new converts, are already willing to buy his records and go to his solo concerts.

Really.. It's time. I don't know what is holding these producers but I hope is getting closer. I guess we still have to wait until the 19th.

I bet Matt received some calls today. He just has to have some offers already. I can't believe for one second NO ONE is interested.
He seemed so happy on his twitter today but you have to remember his girlfriend is in NYC with him. Good for Matty G! Hope she makes him very happy. He deserves it after all the hard work. I love you

Everything about your post is perfection. Smile I told myself that I needed to return to my "real life" and stop obsessing over Matt, but that lasted for less than a day! lol! I'm so weak! I also found out that his concert in Grand Rapids is on the sixth and I don't have school on the fourth or the seventh (a four day weekend for this teacher)! So, guess who is contemplating driving 9 1/2 hours to see Matt?! I think being there, at that environment, at that particular point in time for Matt will be so special for him..and for me. Smile

Between Slezak's review and all of these great comments Matt has been receiving (from critics and "lukewarm" fans towards him), I can't help but think that great things are right around the corner. His personal life seems to be going along swimmingly as well. Wink I just hope that things work out for him and that he's happy. That is what is most important. I have to believe that Matt is turning so many heads and that it'll be impossible for the "big wigs" to ignore his appeal.

Record labels should be FIGHTING over him right now. Mayby they ARE and we just don't know it yet.

Ugh. I'm going to bed. My brain hurts.

Iluvmatt, I really hope you can make it to GR. You are so right, that concert is going to be a very special time for Matt and for his fans. You can always cram in a hotel room with some of us in GR. Try to make it!!!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:20 pm

macigirl wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
mattyg93 wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
I don't know about you all, but reading the comments under Slezak's column has put a HUGE smile on my face. There are so many people who are giving props to Matt and saying that he needs a recording contract and that he really impressed/surprised them, etc. I'm so happy right now! Smile

I know.. IluvMatt.

I am so thrilled. You know, each time the reviews keep getting better and better. And Slezak's is important and read by so many people. I just loved what he had to say and I love that he included Matt in the headline along Kradison. I just can't see Matt ending this tour and NOT getting a record deal.

He's done so much. Die hard Fans and new fans all want to see him get signed next. Even new converts, are already willing to buy his records and go to his solo concerts.

Really.. It's time. I don't know what is holding these producers but I hope is getting closer. I guess we still have to wait until the 19th.

I bet Matt received some calls today. He just has to have some offers already. I can't believe for one second NO ONE is interested.
He seemed so happy on his twitter today but you have to remember his girlfriend is in NYC with him. Good for Matty G! Hope she makes him very happy. He deserves it after all the hard work. I love you

Everything about your post is perfection. Smile I told myself that I needed to return to my "real life" and stop obsessing over Matt, but that lasted for less than a day! lol! I'm so weak! I also found out that his concert in Grand Rapids is on the sixth and I don't have school on the fourth or the seventh (a four day weekend for this teacher)! So, guess who is contemplating driving 9 1/2 hours to see Matt?! I think being there, at that environment, at that particular point in time for Matt will be so special for him..and for me. Smile

Between Slezak's review and all of these great comments Matt has been receiving (from critics and "lukewarm" fans towards him), I can't help but think that great things are right around the corner. His personal life seems to be going along swimmingly as well. Wink I just hope that things work out for him and that he's happy. That is what is most important. I have to believe that Matt is turning so many heads and that it'll be impossible for the "big wigs" to ignore his appeal.

Record labels should be FIGHTING over him right now. Mayby they ARE and we just don't know it yet.

Iluvmatt, I really hope you can make it to GR. You are so right, that concert is going to be a very special time for Matt and for his fans. You can always cram in a hotel room with some of us in GR. Try to make it!!!

YAY . the more the merrier!!
We must start planning - outfits!!! Are we all wearing white tops/shirt and black feodoras?!?!? Very red lipstick or just natural and beautiful ?!? I'll def wear flats or I'll be too tall (but then I can't appr the booty over his shoulder oh ?!?!), crazy signs??

Geez - how old am I again?!
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:03 pm

cecilie wrote:
macigirl wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
mattyg93 wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:

I know.. IluvMatt.

YAY . the more the merrier!!
We must start planning - outfits!!! Are we all wearing white tops/shirt and black feodoras?!?!? Very red lipstick or just natural and beautiful ?!? I'll def wear flats or I'll be too tall (but then I can't appr the booty over his shoulder oh ?!?!), crazy signs??

Geez - how old am I again?!

LOL. I am going to start a GR thread so we can plan everything. I hope lots of you try to come to GR. With Cecilie as our guest of honor, we're going to have a MEMORABLE trip. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:26 pm

Very far away HTH but good sound

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:27 pm

You Found Me

Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Re. all the good comments from Selzak's review, what was wrong with all these people who couldn't see Matt's distinctive talent while the show and voting was on?!? Well, I guess better late than never. Now's still a good time for Matt to shine and be appreciated. We just need those record labels knocked on their heads.

The last video of "You Found Me" is awesome. The videographer must be one of us!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:30 pm

From MJ's

Quote :
Matt just came out and rocked for his first song. I think he received the biggest response overall for the first half, from the audience, as he seemed to pleasantly surprise them with his great piano playing and falsetto. As good as the other idols were that went before him, he seemed to be in somewhat of a different league from them. He is an excellent musician. For me, Matt seemed overly sensitive to perceived criticism, which heightened his anxiety on the show. At the concert, he seemed more relaxed, and confident which allowed his talent to shine on stage.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:09 am

Partial Georgia great sound

Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:43 pm

from MJ's

Quote :
Matt Giraud – What? No hat? I feel so cheated. Oh, phew! There it is. But wait! Matt has some really muscular thighs. Those pants look painted on and…and… oh! Was that a hip thrust? Oh my g… Ahem.

Matt Giraud of the soulful voice and the White Chocolate during season 8 really caught my attention during Hollywood Week. It was a rocky, pitchy road thereafter and I was really surprised that a guy who made a living as a musician would be so overcome by nerves. Well, let me tell you. His concert set is HOT! Wow, and how! First of all, I LOVE the blue-eyed soul and he brings it! He commands the stage and shows his prowess on the piano. The nerves are gone and I can absolutely see why the judges wanted to give him another chance. I agree with other reviewers who rave about his concert set because he Is. Just. That. Good. I love Matt’s version of “Georgia on My Mind” and while I don’t usually love an abundance of riffs and runs he used it carefully this time. But the best thing of all is his cover of (Black Crowes arrangement) Hard to Handle! Okay, now I have to stop gushing like a fangirl (and go find some video of this performance).

Best performance: “Hard to Handle” – hot, soulful, energetic, gritty-smooth. (Nice thighs)

Least best performance: “You Found Me” – I’m not a huge fan of The Fray but the other two pieces were just so, so delicious, it’s only third place only by default.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:51 am

sgr91 wrote:
from MJ's

Quote :
Matt Giraud – What? No hat? I feel so cheated. Oh, phew! There it is. But wait! Matt has some really muscular thighs. Those pants look painted on and…and… oh! Was that a hip thrust? Oh my g… Ahem.

Matt Giraud of the soulful voice and the White Chocolate during season 8 really caught my attention during Hollywood Week. It was a rocky, pitchy road thereafter and I was really surprised that a guy who made a living as a musician would be so overcome by nerves. Well, let me tell you. His concert set is HOT! Wow, and how! First of all, I LOVE the blue-eyed soul and he brings it! He commands the stage and shows his prowess on the piano. The nerves are gone and I can absolutely see why the judges wanted to give him another chance. I agree with other reviewers who rave about his concert set because he Is. Just. That. Good. I love Matt’s version of “Georgia on My Mind” and while I don’t usually love an abundance of riffs and runs he used it carefully this time. But the best thing of all is his cover of (Black Crowes arrangement) Hard to Handle! Okay, now I have to stop gushing like a fangirl (and go find some video of this performance).

Best performance: “Hard to Handle” – hot, soulful, energetic, gritty-smooth. (Nice thighs)

Least best performance: “You Found Me” – I’m not a huge fan of The Fray but the other two pieces were just so, so delicious, it’s only third place only by default.

I think we should try to get "MaryS" to join our forum! It sounds like she could become a new member of the Giraud Squad! I love you

I liked how she mentioned that Matt has 'the blue-eyed soul' and that 'he commands the stage'! cheers

Of course, she started out her description of Matt by drooling over those tight pants. She even recognized that he has MUSCULAR THIGHS! LOL Now we know what she noticed first about him! Shocked
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:42 am

sgr91 wrote:
from MJ's

Quote :

Sorry! I put this same review on the LI thread yesterday accidentally. It says in the headline "Newark" but it wasn´t there then, I swear! lol.. Guess I was so excited about this review and the hip thrust..
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Great video of Georgia

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:49 pm

From MJ's

Quote :
#5: Matt Giraud: Mattaaaaaaaay!! I love this dude, he’s like ultra amounts of funny. His introduction was cool, it was him beat box’n, which he’s really good at. His whole entire set was fiyah. If he doesn’t get a recording deal, the music industry should get smacked in the face. His version of You Found Me by The Fray (if that’s the name) is awesome. and Georgia is beautiful.

Group Number Before intermission: AWESOME!! I might find the youtube video and grab the audio for my iPod. their version of Beggin’ is on point. Scott’s little dance move is the cutest thing, i think if he cud see he’d be an awesome dancer. Matt has mad soul, lolz. Lil’s rapping was cool, and Anoop’s rappin was like woooooord, you can do thaaaat? lmao.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:01 am

From TWoP...

Quote :
I went to the 2nd show in Newark and agree with what has been posted above. I do have to say I really disliked Matt in the show, but would totally check out whatever he releases after the tour and if he tours on his own - I would go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newark, NJ Show Part Two   Newark, NJ Show Part Two - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newark, NJ Show Part Two
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3