Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?

Go down 
+11
macigirl
cranberry
Jenna
Cacity87
Lisa_M
slick7
OvenMitt
sgr91
graciecat
pasnthru
Lana
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lana

Lana

Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:04 pm

The one where the woman claims to know her marketing so takes it apon herself to tell the idols (with the exclusion of Adam of course) how much they are doing wrong? Yeah, I have stayed away from posting on Mjs of late, but so many comments (pages and pages) are telling this lady how great and spot on her review is (mainly because she showered Adam with compliments) so I had to post. This is my take:

I’m gonna have to disagree with you about Matt.

But, still, I have no more idea after his set who he is, artistically, than before. Free marketing advice: Start using this golden opportunity more wisely, Mattie. Define yourself. What do you have they can’t get any where else?

First, I keep really tired of seeing so many people claim that Matt hasn’t defined himself. To me it just seems like they are either too lazy or not invested enough to see that he has clearly defined his style. He has stated on numerous occassions that he is Soulful rock, and his whole set on tour is soul/rock. In every interview that I have seen of him he has been adamant about sticking to wanting to be soulful rock a la Gavin Degraw, the Fray, 1R. So his choice of songs for his tour set makes sense because he follows up on that (HTH is a rock song that Matt manages to infuse with soul, then he does YFM which is the fray). He has clearly defined his style. He has also been, at least in my eyes, clearly showcasing how he is leaps and bounds above his fellow tour mates by not only performing like a seasoned Pro, but interacting with his audience, getting them on their feet, showing off amazing vocals like we only got a taste of on the show, and playing that piano with a flare that has yet to be matched or showcased on Idol. You can’t get that anywhere else that I have seen. His music has a genuine quality that also sets it apart, and you won’t find that in today’s music.

And why aren’t you breaking all the rules and bubble-tweeting some musical clues to that uniqueness instead of generic “Yo, ya’ll” jokes. Sneak leak some links to places where even the non-dedicated fan can find something enticing and build your buzz. Same to every possible biz contact you’ve been granted. Be relentless. Be clear. Do something.

This caught me completely off guard. Mostly because I love Matt’s sense of humor in those Bubble tweets, and see how much appreciation and fans he has gained from doing them. Yes showing off your voice is good and well, and he does that without a doubt on every concert stage, every night and have been getting consistently great praise for it. I like the fact that instead of constantly tossing it down our throats, he takes a different appraoch by showing off his humor, and charm and letting his fans have a real and hinest glimspe into who he is as a person. That is just as important as blowing us away night after night. I can enjoy and laugh at his BT and lighthearted, youthful spirit, and be blown away when I hear or see his set on tour. It makes him real, and it allows me to appreciate him more getting to know him just a little in those bubble tweets. But that’s not to say that he doesn’t take advantage of being on twitter and having a little under 50,000 followers. He tweets a lot about his upcoming gig with YOBI Tv, he has tweeted links to his facebook, and myspace pages for fans who may be interested to check out his music, he stays engaged with his fans, and keep us up to date on any radio interviews he has coming up.

All in All, I appreciate your review from a “marketing” standpoint, I just don’t feel like you really took the time to focus on Matt and what he is doing and the impact he is having (I can’t begin to tell you how many converted fans I have seen and read since this tour began) to say that he is doing so much wrong. I feel like, more than any of the other unsigned, Matt has a really good shot at making a place for himself in the music industry and growing with that. But I am just a fan and not a marketing guru, so…

My comment is awaiting moderation, and I doubt Mj posts it, I just had to get that off my chest...
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:08 pm

Great post Lana...very well thought out and articulated. Hope to read this soon on MJs!
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:34 pm

Way to say it, Lana! I stay away from mjs for the most part but gonna zip over there to see your post -- and the reaction to it (if any).
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Lana wrote:
The one where the woman claims to know her marketing so takes it apon herself to tell the idols (with the exclusion of Adam of course) how much they are doing wrong? Yeah, I have stayed away from posting on Mjs of late, but so many comments (pages and pages) are telling this lady how great and spot on her review is (mainly because she showered Adam with compliments) so I had to post. This is my take:

I’m gonna have to disagree with you about Matt.

But, still, I have no more idea after his set who he is, artistically, than before. Free marketing advice: Start using this golden opportunity more wisely, Mattie. Define yourself. What do you have they can’t get any where else?

First, I keep really tired of seeing so many people claim that Matt hasn’t defined himself. To me it just seems like they are either too lazy or not invested enough to see that he has clearly defined his style. He has stated on numerous occassions that he is Soulful rock, and his whole set on tour is soul/rock. In every interview that I have seen of him he has been adamant about sticking to wanting to be soulful rock a la Gavin Degraw, the Fray, 1R. So his choice of songs for his tour set makes sense because he follows up on that (HTH is a rock song that Matt manages to infuse with soul, then he does YFM which is the fray). He has clearly defined his style. He has also been, at least in my eyes, clearly showcasing how he is leaps and bounds above his fellow tour mates by not only performing like a seasoned Pro, but interacting with his audience, getting them on their feet, showing off amazing vocals like we only got a taste of on the show, and playing that piano with a flare that has yet to be matched or showcased on Idol. You can’t get that anywhere else that I have seen. His music has a genuine quality that also sets it apart, and you won’t find that in today’s music.

And why aren’t you breaking all the rules and bubble-tweeting some musical clues to that uniqueness instead of generic “Yo, ya’ll” jokes. Sneak leak some links to places where even the non-dedicated fan can find something enticing and build your buzz. Same to every possible biz contact you’ve been granted. Be relentless. Be clear. Do something.

This caught me completely off guard. Mostly because I love Matt’s sense of humor in those Bubble tweets, and see how much appreciation and fans he has gained from doing them. Yes showing off your voice is good and well, and he does that without a doubt on every concert stage, every night and have been getting consistently great praise for it. I like the fact that instead of constantly tossing it down our throats, he takes a different appraoch by showing off his humor, and charm and letting his fans have a real and hinest glimspe into who he is as a person. That is just as important as blowing us away night after night. I can enjoy and laugh at his BT and lighthearted, youthful spirit, and be blown away when I hear or see his set on tour. It makes him real, and it allows me to appreciate him more getting to know him just a little in those bubble tweets. But that’s not to say that he doesn’t take advantage of being on twitter and having a little under 50,000 followers. He tweets a lot about his upcoming gig with YOBI Tv, he has tweeted links to his facebook, and myspace pages for fans who may be interested to check out his music, he stays engaged with his fans, and keep us up to date on any radio interviews he has coming up.

All in All, I appreciate your review from a “marketing” standpoint, I just don’t feel like you really took the time to focus on Matt and what he is doing and the impact he is having (I can’t begin to tell you how many converted fans I have seen and read since this tour began) to say that he is doing so much wrong. I feel like, more than any of the other unsigned, Matt has a really good shot at making a place for himself in the music industry and growing with that. But I am just a fan and not a marketing guru, so…

My comment is awaiting moderation, and I doubt Mj posts it, I just had to get that off my chest...

First and foremost, very well said. I find it fascinating how many people on an anonymous board can claim to have industry knowledge and give "free advice" to theses contestants. If they truly were this talented, the idols would be paying them for their advice.

As far as the bubble tweets go, he isn't allowed to sing. Shameless self-promotion, which Danny sometimes engages in, just turns people off. Agree with you completely the fact that let him personality shine through is what will win him fans.

Lastly, as far as being in moderation, is it because you've somehow offended MJ is because you're new? Is there a rule where the first couple of posts you have to go through moderation? If not, if its because you're "in trouble" sign up for a new account and post it. Otherwise, do you know any Adam fans, who I'm sure are not in moderation, who can post for you. It would be a shame for this thoughtful reply to never get seen.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Way to stand up for our Matty!

Of course, I went to see your comment on the site, but it's not there. How could MJ possibly ruin a comment section packed with praises for Adam with one iota of discussion of another lowly Idol? Sheesh.

But anyway, I think that "free marketing advice" is kind of bunk. I mean, that person wasn't saying anything that we haven't discussed for months now. I mean, Danny needs to be inspirational? Megan should avoid being cookie-cutter? Allison must choose age-appropriate material? DUH! It's just another typical Adam freak review. And for what it's worth, Adam himself could "get it wrong" with how he's presenting himself lately. His inner diva is coming forth pretty agressively. It's a tad too early to anoint him the second coming of all things musical anyway. I mean, the guy GOT SECOND TO KRIS ALLEN! So, he's gonna have to work just as hard as any of them, plus stop acting a primadonna.

But I digress.

I completely agree that Matt has been playing things perfectly since AI ended. He is seizing his opportunities, putting himself out there in a BIG way, and the talent is already there. This reviewer is just a bit skewed. By and large, Matt has been blowing people away, and I think we "get" what his music is all about. The man couldn't do anything more to communicate his artistic vision unless he started reading excerpts from his diary in his bubbletweets! Although, I wouldn't mind it if he actually did that.....
Back to top Go down
slick7

slick7

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 pm

K, based on what you posted here (I do not and will not go to MJs) it would seem that that "marketing" woman seriously lacks a bit of vision...which is ironic if she actually does work in marketing...

Your response was fab. Lana. cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:25 pm

Way to stand up for our guy Lana!! thank you!! I really despise MJ's...
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Thanks guys. That review just made me so mad!! Then to see all of the comments below (pages and pages) praising her like she did something right...

Anyway, I'm still in moderation for defending Danny that time (I haven't been posting over there lately so I guess that's why I'm still in moderation) I don't know any adam fans to post for me either so...

Oh well, I wish it would be posted but I could care less if it isn't. No one will be convinced if they aren't by now, and I am sick of arguing about it.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:33 pm

I just have a query about MJ's:

Is the herd mentality typical for that website? Do they have one Idol each year that everyone collectively and staunchly pulls for? Or is this year uncharacteristically biased towards Adam? I only ask because the lion's share of the posters on that site are so unwaivering in their support for Adam that it almost seems as if MJ decided that he was the one you are required to like in order to post your thoughts on her site. Since I have never been into an Idol to the point that I am with Matt, I don't know the history behind these sites. Just going on what I've seen this season.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:41 pm

Lana! Very well said!

It NEEDS to be posted! DO you want me to go over there and post it in your honor? I definitely will.

Tell me your s/n over there...and I'll go right away and post it, saying that you've been temporarily moderated...or something of the sort. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:44 pm

[quote=\"Cacity87\"]Lana! Very well said!

It NEEDS to be posted! DO you want me to go over there and post it in your honor? I definitely will.

Tell me your s/n over there...and I\'ll go right away and post it, saying that you\'ve been temporarily moderated...or something of the sort. Wink[/quote]

Sure! My name is Renina over there...

Last edited by Lana on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:48 pm

Lana wrote:
Cacity87 wrote:
Lana! Very well said!

Tell me your s/n over there...and I'll go right away and post it, saying that you've been temporarily moderated...or something of the sort. Wink

Sure! My name is Renina over there...

Okk...on my way! Wait...which thread do I post it in? haha
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:50 pm

It's in the fifth house Hartford CT review thread.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:55 pm

Lana wrote:
It's in the fifth house Hartford CT review thread.

Haha...duh, I found it. Thanks! Going now...
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:56 pm

I just noticed the full name of that reviewer. If that is Sun she is one of Adam's more diehard defensive fans over on Mjs. She's actually been reprimanded a couple times for her OTT defensiveness. And she has never been a Matt fan.

Gosh if this is her...All this trouble had better not have been for that crazy Y'all
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:21 pm

LOL I just saw your post Cacity and All I got to say is cheers

Girl you are braver than I would be to just come right out and say Adam has been way over praised. You are inviting the crazies into your living room with that post, but I admire your...Fearlessness lol!
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:28 pm

Lana wrote:
LOL I just saw your post Cacity and All I got to say is cheers

Girl you are braver than I would be to just come right out and say Adam has been way over praised. You are inviting the crazies into your living room with that post, but I admire your...Fearlessness lol!

Hahaha. Well SOMEONE had to say it. Their comments were making me puke.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:06 pm

Adam is the next big gimmick. He doesn't have a musical bone in his body. Yes he can sing but he has no where near the musicality or talent of Matt. Adam is all glitz, glamour, and posturing. He will make a big boom but his spark will fizzle and die out just like all gimmicks eventually do. He makes a mockery of music and quite frankly makes me sick. Sorry any Adam fans but the Adam worshipping has just gone too far for me. I am tired of Adam and his occult following. Yes, I am obviously bitter.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:46 am

Your response was so well written and lol Cacity with your bathroom brake.Brave!
And the one hypocritical response to Cacity was so ha-ha..why getting so offensive over that review which is spot on jadajada. Here we have the very intelligent review, generously giving free marketing tips, amazing..fabulous..best of all, made by hardcore Adam fan. Lol.
Moderation is an option ,autocracy is a fact .
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:03 am

I hadn't read this thread and then stumbled onto the response at MJs last night. That was a great moment!!! Lana, great response. And Cacity, you got nerves of steel, girl. Yay for you two!! cheers

The Adamfans are so nuts but I just skim their replies while looking for scraps about Matt. And I was surprised a bit about MJs tweets from the concert last night about Matt. They were fairly positive. I think she secretly WANTS Matt now but can't admit it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:11 am

macigirl wrote:
I hadn't read this thread and then stumbled onto the response at MJs last night. That was a great moment!!! Lana, great response. And Cacity, you got nerves of steel, girl. Yay for you two!! cheers

The Adamfans are so nuts but I just skim their replies while looking for scraps about Matt. And I was surprised a bit about MJs tweets from the concert last night about Matt. They were fairly positive. I think she secretly WANTS Matt now but can't admit it. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:10 am

okay, went to Mj's and read the entire review. I don't understand how people say that Matt's vocals are a distant second to his piano playing skills. I mean yes he is one MAD piano player - but his vocals to me are everything they should be. Matt has the best recording voice out of all of them. I just don't get it. And I'm still not sure how they find Kris to be so entertaining. Kris is talented, but I see him sitting down with his guitar and just writing songs for other artist to record. And the comments about Kris' vocal range - why am I not there. I mean I really like Kirs as a person and as an artist - but as an entertainer - the entire package, not so much.

I'll just say that in the beginning I was an Adam fan - i'll admit it, both of my sons and my husband liked Adam - but after I downloaded and listened to his studio versions - not so good. I think Adam is no doubt a crowd pleaser - if you like that kind of stuff - as I watched Adam perform, i stood around looking at the crowd going crazy and thinking "okay have I landed in another planet or something?" I mean Whole Lotta Love was fun and I really enjoyed Starlight - but Fame - wwwaaaayyyyy over the top - I was almost a little embarrased to be sitting next to this little 8 year old boy (of whom just happen to be sitting next to me with his family). I was laughing my head off - i was thinking that this was the most comical thing I've ever seen in my life. After seeing that performance I was not so sure about Adam any more. Just saying.

Okay i've said my two cents worth, just wanted to get that off my chest - I'm not as brave as Cacity - I didn't post over there! LOL
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:57 pm

I just finished reading that whole thread, and the only thing I can say is, "What an effin' steaming pile of dogshit!" I've never read so many posts of drooling, kool-aid drinking, group mentality, Adam worship in my life. You'd think Fifth House Sun wrote the Adam Bible the way everyone was knocking each other down to join her church.

Her last post was maybe the most backhanded, hateful snot-noses thing a person could say to a fan:

Matt is lucky to have such dedicated fans. Appreciated their POV. Differing opinions always good to exchange. How frustrating it must be to be enraptured and not understand why others aren’t.

I could rattle more IMHO why enough people don’t see it. (Yet. And hoping he’ll get there.) And what more he might do to change that. But if you’re in love, it would make no sense. And I could be way wrong. And people here responding already made good sense. But, respectfully, here’s one: Hard to Handle is Otis. (Otis! St. Otis of Redding) That’s a rough comparison to use to create an impression of rare uniqueness. Even with Matt’s enthusiasm and delicious piano skills. Especially after the Black Crowes full horn section (And it ain’t Memphis without horns) homage. Makes just too much “cover band” blur working against him.

And why in the hell do people complain about Hard to Handle not being "current" or "not original" or too "cover"? Aren't ALL of the other idols' songs that EXACT thing ??

Sorry for completely blowing up all over everyone. I'm just furious right now!!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:13 pm

It's weird because what she is saying about Matt fans being so in love with him that we couldn't see is more something I would attribute to Adam fans than any other fan group. I could (if I wanted to) give her a nice long list of comments made form those who are not fans of Matt and critics alike who would support our POV on Matt and his ability. But she obviously wants to be correct, and despite her claims to the contrary, I am not convinced that she appreciates any view that differs from hers.

Maybe she is some sort of Marketing guru (in her mind) and if so I then declare myself a Record Executive and should post my own little review and oh so important slices of advice. STFU I say to that bitch. Her review is nothing more than one in many that Mj posts from fans on her blog, so her word is hardly one to be taken seriously and get worked up about.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:27 pm

Lana wrote:

Maybe she is some sort of Marketing guru (in her mind) and if so I then declare myself a Record Executive and should post my own little review and oh so important slices of advice. STFU I say to that bitch. Her review is nothing more than one in many that Mj posts from fans on her blog, so her word is hardly one to be taken seriously and get worked up about.

Exactly my thoughts and precisely why I don't bother with that evil blog and mini-bloggers headed by the queen of Evil herself "mjs". Those people are full of pretentions, projecting as though they know better than the next person. Oh puhleeez! Uugggh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?   Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen that review on Mjs by fifth house?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next