Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Milwaukee, WI Show!

Go down 
+9
Janizzle
sgr91
Lana
pasnthru
mattyg93
megryan67
Lisa_M
graciecat
Jenna
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lana

Lana

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:09 am

OMG!! Thanks so much you guys for the video! That YFM was awesome cheers

BTW does anyone else notice at the end of YFM that keyboard player be really feeling it LOL awesome...
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:22 am

Jenna - just loved your YFM. It's one of the best I've seen! You girls screaming had me lol.

Also, sgr, I always find myself staring at your avatar. Matt's hair in that picture is my very favorite way he used to wear it. I love him, so I'm ok with his fauxhawk, but I think he looks soooo much more handsome in your avatar!
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:25 am

Thank you sgr and Jenna! Your footage made this Sunday bright.
Props for being able to shoot videos when Matt performs..
Supreme screams. Wanna scream too!
How lovely is that eye contact in Georgia. ..going back to see YFM and else..
sunny
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:35 am

pasnthru wrote:
Jenna - just loved your YFM. It's one of the best I've seen! You girls screaming had me lol.

Also, sgr, I always find myself staring at your avatar. Matt's hair in that picture is my very favorite way he used to wear it. I love him, so I'm ok with his fauxhawk, but I think he looks soooo much more handsome in your avatar!

I have to agree on the avatar hair. its my favorite as well.
I have not been a fan of the faux hawk but I have to admit, when I saw him in person in Auburn Hills, it looks a lot better. I also think its grown out a little.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:59 pm

sgr performance pictures...

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Milwau10

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Milwau11

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Milwau12

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Milwau13
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:04 pm

LOL wow do I take bad video! Sorry guys I sucked! But at least the sound is great. I think in the future I will leave video taking to other people like the video goddess BlondeB!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Those pictures are fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, and also fiiiiiiine!!!!
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:19 pm

Loved all the pics and video! Jenna, I am very impressed how steady you are on the camera, considering WHO you were taping! bounce I think when Matt goes on his SOLO TOUR you two gals should be his official photographer and videographer!! Very Happy

I am also wondering... I notice at all the venues the camera guy is always up there going across the front of the stage. At first I thought it was probably local guys from tv stations--- but now I wonder if maybe they are planning a concert DVD? Have they ever done one from previous seasons? Hmmm?
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:35 pm

Some fans meeting Matt (via @Mattgnow)

Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:01 pm

So this review is a little late but better than never I guess. As many of you know I had to miss out on some shows the previous weekend because of some family issues so I decided that a 6 hour drive to Milwaukee really wasn't that far after all. We got online after the Detroit show on Wednesday and payed the premium on ebay for first row tickets. I mean if you're going to drive all that way, it should be for good seats, right?

No M&G beforehand. Our seats were front row stage left (better known as Matt's side) but that was irrelevant because we ended up standing right at the stage the entire time. I won't review everyone the way I did with Detroit. Suffice it to say, I didn't really change my mind much regarding the other contestants from the Detroit show.

As we were standing there, of course we were surrounded by mostly Adam fans, and Danny Gokey's grandma was 3 seats to my left. As Anoop was singing, there was a girl behind me saying "Wow, Anoop, you can sing!". I turned to her and said, "I'm guessing that you didn't come in here as an Anoop fan" and she said "No, I'm a Matt fan". So our little corner of the stage had a few Matt fans and when he came out, we screamed our heads off. And let me tell you, we were not alone. He by far got the best reception at that point. He made a come about being in Milgaukee and, unlike at Matt's show, every idol up to that point made some comment about Danny (yep, I'm bitter about silly things). Matt was amazing on HTH and he was standing just a few feet away from us when he walked in. I am a bit of a photography buff (check out my pics - I'm fairly proud of them) so I wasn't going to waste that opportunity and I made poor Jenna take video on my other camera - somehting neither of us had done before. I thought she did a great job. Anyway, it was again tough trying to listen and take everything in as well as photograph. He then sat down for Georgia and his falsetto was amazing (I actually thought Georgia was better than Detroit) and the entire place was singing along to YFM. When they came up for THA, he was grinning from ear to ear - I think he's kind of relieved at that point. I thought we were both going to have a heart attack when he was standing right on top of us for Beggin. That song is so much better up close. Just HOTTT!!!. He also looked like he was having a blast on DSB and he and Anoop did their silly dance as usual. At the very end of the show, Danny looked up and Matt ran over to him. They put their arms around each other's waist and as Matt was walking off, he made the Sophia's Heart sign with his hands. I thought it was very sweet.

One more quick note on Danny. He got a very warm reception in Milwaukee. I don't know if the front row seats were a factor in how the noise traveled, but it seemed definitely louder than the response Matt got in Detroit. I expect that to change in Grand Rapids. Danny also went on and on about his charity and helping people (I wonder how AI feels about the self-promotion) and got on my nerves. It seems like other things move him more than music.

Jenna's son wanted to go to the buses so they headed out early. I came out to find them, only to find it was pouring rain. I went to the car to get an umbrella only to be lost for 1/2 hour and have the rain stop when I found it. Oh well - I looked like a drowned rat. I stood in the back and started talking to some Adam fans. I had my camera out and since I took some photos of other idols, including Adam, I had a bit of an audience. I had a rule, however; if you look at my photos, you have to listen to me tell you about how wonderful Matt is LOL. Anyway, one of the women there, huge Adam fan, said "Matt was amazing. You can really tell how passionate he is about his music. He totally won me over tonite". I then told her he was self-taught and doesn't read music and she was blown away. Another commented on how well he moved - what can I say, I agreed. A woman at the concert said "I came in here only to see Adam but Matt totally won me over. He mostly did ballads on the show - I didin't know he could pull of a song like HTH". In summary, many 2x4 moments.

Sorry about the long post again. Sometimes I'm long-winded like Danny.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:10 am

From MJ's...

Quote :

MATT GIRAUD: There was a noticeable increase in cheers when Matt came out for “Hard To Handle.” To me, the crowd seemed as loud as they were for the top 2 later in the show. He really is a good performer and was very comfortable onstage. He has great charisma and a great rapport with the crowd. He got huge cheers when he yelled “Mil-Gokey.” There was a guy a row or two behind me (from now on I’ll refer to him as the yeah guy) who yelled an enthusiastic “yeah” when Matt did a piano solo. Matt definitely was a crowd pleaser and add me to the list of people who are wondering why he hasn’t been signed yet. He’s a talented musician/singer/performer and I think he’s got a great career ahead of him.
Matt’s role on Gilligan’s Island: Gopher (I know he’s from The Love Boat but there just isn’t enough characters on Gilligan’s Island to go around).
Matt’s mole’s role on Gilligan’s Island: Moley the jungle bug

GROUP SONG: The highlight to me was the dueling pianos. It was a lot of fun. The yeah guy behind me yelled “yeah, dueling pianos.” Thanks Captain Obvious! Anyway, this number was a crowd pleaser for sure.
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:38 am

Jenna wrote:
From MJ's...

Quote :

MATT GIRAUD: There was a noticeable increase in cheers when Matt came out for “Hard To Handle.” To me, the crowd seemed as loud as they were for the top 2 later in the show. He really is a good performer and was very comfortable onstage. He has great charisma and a great rapport with the crowd. He got huge cheers when he yelled “Mil-Gokey.” There was a guy a row or two behind me (from now on I’ll refer to him as the yeah guy) who yelled an enthusiastic “yeah” when Matt did a piano solo. Matt definitely was a crowd pleaser and add me to the list of people who are wondering why he hasn’t been signed yet. He’s a talented musician/singer/performer and I think he’s got a great career ahead of him.
Matt’s role on Gilligan’s Island: Gopher (I know he’s from The Love Boat but there just isn’t enough characters on Gilligan’s Island to go around).
Matt’s mole’s role on Gilligan’s Island: Moley the jungle bug

GROUP SONG: The highlight to me was the dueling pianos. It was a lot of fun. The yeah guy behind me yelled “yeah, dueling pianos.” Thanks Captain Obvious! Anyway, this number was a crowd pleaser for sure.

And what her husband(?)/company had to say about Matt:

Quote :
His fave of the night turned out to be Matt. He thought he was far and away the best. He hadn’t seen any of his videos from the show so he didn’t know what to expect and was really surprised at how good he was.

cheers

Last edited by lumma on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:45 am

From AI boards...

Quote :
lol Matt Giraud: Matt wasn't really a favorite of mine on the show, but watching him live in concert really made me say "Wow!" he was soo talented! his piano playing was flawless, and his vocals were great! Group Melody(Michael, Megan, Scott, Matt, Anoop, Lil): I enjoyed the Motown melody even more than DSB. It showcased the strengths of all these contestants, and appeared that it was well organized. For example, Matt and Scott did an amazing job dueling pianos to "Tell Her About It",

My favorite performance countdown: 1: Adam 2:Matt 3:Michael 4:Kris 5:Anoop 6:Allison 7:Lil 8:Scott 9:Danny 10:Megan Hope you enjoy my concert review!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 am

Georgia...

Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:03 am

Sgr - your pictures blew me away. They are fabulous - Matt just always looks amazing in blue! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:55 pm

From MJ's...

Quote :
At first, I was hesitant to do so even though I have read and enjoyed the other concert recaps, but then I read a recap on another site that said that Adam got the biggest cheers of the night. Since that concert-goer was either blinded by fan-love or at a different concert, I decided to write this up. In Milwaukee, Gokeyville, Danny Gokey was Prom King.As for who was first runner-up, I really couldn’t say, except that Adam, Kris and Matt all got a whole lot of love.

In contrast Matt was wonderful; he has whatever it is that Anoop is missing: stage presence, charisma, enthusiasm, obvious love of performing? He is theatrical in the good sense: dramatic, entertaining. He knows it’s a conversation and he invites us in. He mentioned his hometown concert and how much it meant to him as a way to talk about Danny. Matt was the star of the first part of the show.

Adam, like Matt, really gets the relationship between audience and artist. Milwaukee was a sitting audience.
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx8TF9aVITM
Georgia On My Mind

Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Img_0312
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:08 pm

OK. so up until now I could not figure out how to post pictures. Now that I have been properly instructed, you all will need to suffer while I post a couple more favorites.

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Img_0312
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Img_0320
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Img_0321

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Img_0322

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Img_0327

Last edited by sgr91 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Img_0325

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Img_0326

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Img_0510

Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 Img_0511
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Great pics Sgr! Wonder what was making Matt crack up in that next-to-last picture?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee, WI Show!   Milwaukee, WI  Show! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Milwaukee, WI Show!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2