Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville

Go down 
+13
Heidi
OvenMitt
Riley 9
Cacity87
lumma
cranberry
macigirl
mattyfan
mattyg93
Jenna
iluvmatt
lovethemtigers
sgr91
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lo_wee

lo_wee

Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:27 am

Everyone needs a cupcake with sprinkles (that always puts a smile on my face)!

I'm probably the only one here who is actually happy for Danny going country. I'm a HUGE country fan and I do think that he can pull it off. During AI I had a hard time trying to place him in a specific genre but I think that was due to his song choices. The only performance I remember that was amazing was the song (I can't remember what it was lol) he sang when Janey (lol) Fox was there. Then he went ahead and did Rascal Flatts and it worked for me. I think he can get away with the ballads in a country fashion, as for making ppl wanna dance scratch . That's going to be hard because it's either country country or country rock. I've never heard a country/salsa song tongue hehe, that's awful to even think about. I always thought it was going to be Buble style or country for him . I'll probably end up buying the album anyway if it sounds good.

*walks away b4 ppl hit her with god knows what*

As for Matt I'm not worried one bit about him. He'll get signed in due time Very Happy . We just have to be patient. All good things come to those who wait (at least sometimes it does).
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:16 am

I agree with you Riley that I feel like Danny could be on thin ice with 19 because they didn't seems all that enthused to sign him in the first place. They won't go all out for Danny (like they will for Adam) so if he doesn't sell like they want him too, they will drop him in a heart beat. I also agree that 19 may not be the best place for Matt, which is why if they do sign him on, I'm hoping that it's a deal where they leave him relatively alone.

And LOL Lo I'm actually happy for Danny. If not for Matt's future being so uncertain I would be celebrating along with everyone. I like Danny (mainly because of Manny) and wish him nothing but the absolute best, I just can't be so happy right now not knowing where Matt stands.
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:56 am

I am a little more than peeved that Danny signed....but yes, we had heard about it for awhile so we shouldn't be too surprised. I just can't take Danny seriously. He has a strong voice, yes, but I honestly don't think it's anything special. I'm not convinced that he can sing country, though it doesn't concern me too much because I don't listen to country! Yet still, I probably know more about country music than he does!

Obviously 19 wanted the quick buck. If they loved Danny so much they would've signed him right away...personally I think he is a PR nightmare but maybe over tour they've seen him calm down a bit and think they can "handle" him.

I'm not sure how this affects Matt. I just can't stand the exalted "Top 4" they keep shoving down our throats. I don't even know that if Matt was in the Top 4 he would've been signed by 19.

But I still hope that Matt can pull a Castro! These next few months are crucial, and we just have to hope that Matt will be making the right moves, forming more musical relationships and hopefully get out an EP on iTunes for us to buy like crazy!! (he did mention it, so here's to hoping!)
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:48 am

lo_wee wrote:
Everyone needs a cupcake with sprinkles (that always puts a smile on my face)!

I'm probably the only one here who is actually happy for Danny going country. I'm a HUGE country fan and I do think that he can pull it off. During AI I had a hard time trying to place him in a specific genre but I think that was due to his song choices. The only performance I remember that was amazing was the song (I can't remember what it was lol) he sang when Janey (lol) Fox was there. Then he went ahead and did Rascal Flatts and it worked for me. I think he can get away with the ballads in a country fashion, as for making ppl wanna dance scratch . That's going to be hard because it's either country country or country rock. I've never heard a country/salsa song tongue hehe, that's awful to even think about. I always thought it was going to be Buble style or country for him . I'll probably end up buying the album anyway if it sounds good.

*walks away b4 ppl hit her with god knows what*

As for Matt I'm not worried one bit about him. He'll get signed in due time Very Happy . We just have to be patient. All good things come to those who wait (at least sometimes it does).

lo_wee, Don't worry. We won't throw rotten tomatoes at you! Razz

I'm actually a casual country fan, but I don't know as much about the genre as you. Although, I bet I know more about it than DANNY did, and that's why RCA didn't want to sign him as quickly as they did Allison. Suspect

I do like a lot of traditional and contemporary country singers, and frankly, I'm a bit insulted that 19E/RCA thinks country fans will automatically accept Danny as a "country artist" because THEY told him to try it! I mean, there are probably hundreds (if not thousands) of struggling country singers and songwriters who move to Nashville every year, in hopes of getting a record deal! If I really wanted to hear a more authentic country singer, then I would watch and vote for the contestants on "Nashville Star" or "Can You Duet?" . Personally, I hate it when AI tries to shove contestants into genres that they never planned on doing, like Danny (who always used to mention Latin music or soulful music). There are even rumors that Sarver will go country, too (Michael used to say he wanted to do R&B music!). Rolling Eyes

Really, I don't want to seem totally negative about Danny's deal. It's just that I think Danny will have a tough time convincing country fans (who weren't AI fans) that he is authentic. In contrast, I think Allison will be pretty convincing as "the rocker chick" because that was always her identity on the show and was what she did BEFORE the show, too! JMO, and I know I don't represent what ALL country fans think. Personally, I would buy a Danny CD if he sang standards like the song he did for Top 5 week ("Come Rain or Come Shine") . geek
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:27 am

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't there some situation where 19 can be management for an Idol without them being signed to one of the designated Sony labels? I could have sworn this is what happened with Taylor Hicks. I'm not sure the resons behind them separating the management side and the record label side of his deal, but perhaps in that scenario it was because they wanted to keep him in their crosshairs while making only a half-hearted investment in him, yet still keep the promise of a recording contract? I'm just thinking out loud on this one, but I am almost certain that's how it went down. Maybe I'll check Wiki.....

Anywho, why does that have anything to do with Matt, right? Well, I was also thinking that perhaps the conversations he was having with 19 involved them having a management role, but letting him record under a non-designated Sony label or imprint to allow greater creative freedom. I think someone upthread discussed this possibility. I mean, in that scenario, they could still claim Matt if his work was successful without having to put as much time and effort into "handling" him, like they will most certainly have to do with OTHER Idols (I needn't mention names because we ALL know who I'm referring to!). Another thing that crossed my mind a couple of months ago was that maybe Matt might have an opportunity to get on another Sony label like Epic or J Records, that isn't affiliated with 19/Idol (even though J used to be connected. Fantasia and Ruben are still on that label, BTW). That would also apply to the "management only" theory, and give Matt a greater wingspan (lest we forget, The Fray is on Epic, Gavin on J. We all know how their careers are going!).

*sigh* There I go with my crazy schemes again. Any scenario that results in Matt's success is what I dream up in my head. I might be taking the LOOONG way around on this one, though! we shall see......

ETA: Okay, I checked Wiki, and it seems that Taylor Hicks was signed with 19 Recordings Limited/Arista records. Is Arista one of the designated Idol labels? I know for sure that RCA, Jive and, what, Arista Nashville (or is it Sony Nashville? Grr!) are. Is Arista the fourth? Why can't I remember this? Someone please help me out. I'm clearly confused!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:54 am

I think I'm gonna side with you, Ovenmitt, about the possibility of 19 Management collaborating with Matt. He did say in a recent interview that he was speaking with entertainment lawyers and Management. I was confused as to who the Management was, but felt like since he was speaking to entertainment lawyers that it meant something big. I am excited about the fact that he mentioned 19, entertainment lawyers, and Management all around the same time which I think further proves that Ovenmitt's theory may not be that far off...Idk.

I won't pretend to know much (or anything really) about record labels, and management, or the music business in general. All I really knew before Idol season 8 and Matt was that artists get signed and give me good music. So there could be a million and one factors that I haven't considered that could be the main hold-up for Matt. It seems so simple to us.
Back to top Go down
lo_wee

lo_wee

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:53 am

Riley 9 wrote:
lo_wee wrote:

lo_wee, Don't worry. We won't throw rotten tomatoes at you! Razz

I'm actually a casual country fan, but I don't know as much about the genre as you. Although, I bet I know more about it than DANNY did, and that's why RCA didn't want to sign him as quickly as they did Allison. Suspect

I do like a lot of traditional and contemporary country singers, and frankly, I'm a bit insulted that 19E/RCA thinks country fans will automatically accept Danny as a "country artist" because THEY told him to try it! I mean, there are probably hundreds (if not thousands) of struggling country singers and songwriters who move to Nashville every year, in hopes of getting a record deal! If I really wanted to hear a more authentic country singer, then I would watch and vote for the contestants on "Nashville Star" or "Can You Duet?" . Personally, I hate it when AI tries to shove contestants into genres that they never planned on doing, like Danny (who always used to mention Latin music or soulful music). There are even rumors that Sarver will go country, too (Michael used to say he wanted to do R&B music!). Rolling Eyes

Really, I don't want to seem totally negative about Danny's deal. It's just that I think Danny will have a tough time convincing country fans (who weren't AI fans) that he is authentic. In contrast, I think Allison will be pretty convincing as "the rocker chick" because that was always her identity on the show and was what she did BEFORE the show, too! JMO, and I know I don't represent what ALL country fans think. Personally, I would buy a Danny CD if he sang standards like the song he did for Top 5 week ("Come Rain or Come Shine") . geek

I can see your point Riley but I do think that country fans are more accepting than others. They'll just take anybody lol. As for "Nashville Star" and "Can You Duet" (I take it you've never seen them?) lol! lol! lol! aside from maybe 2 or 3 from NS those shows are a joke! The winners are rarely worthy of the crown. Everybody that has come on idol are way better than the people on those shows. I don't understand why I still watch them.

I guess we just have to wait and see how this all works out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2